Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale, Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Pyramids.. mankind's greatest achievement [Re: Strumpling]
    #1575764 - 05/25/03 01:25 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

oh, sure sure cones are ok, but.. are they really as cool as pyramids? An ice cone spell with a 30m radius in dungeons and dragons is cooool

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Pyramids.. mankind's greatest achievement [Re: Dogomush]
    #1575775 - 05/25/03 01:33 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

well I mean the image of a cone or a funnel/tornado-type "thing" is always really cool to me lol

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
    #1575877 - 05/25/03 03:38 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Well, I wouldn't give all the credit to humans. Aliens had a big part in the pyramids as well. Don't the pyramids allign with a certain constellation from above? Navigation if you ask me.

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: Pyramids.. mankind's greatest achievement [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #1575899 - 05/25/03 04:32 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, some align exactly like orions belt or something

--------------------

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: Pyramids.. mankind's greatest achievement [Re: SHiZNO]
    #1575901 - 05/25/03 04:33 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

not that it was something they couldve done with aliens...come on...

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1575938 - 05/25/03 06:26 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

There is much evidence that suggests the Egyptians did not build the pyramids. For one, no existing dynastic records, paintings, or friezes show how the pyramids were contructed. It is a fantastic structure even by modern standards, and yet even today we do not have the capacity to erect such a precise structure as the Great Pyramid.

It is said that the fourth dynasty Egyptians built the pyramids, the kings of Khufu, Khafra, and Menkaura, yet there are many holes in this theory.
First, the Great Pyramid has approximately 2,300,000 limestone and granite blocks weighing between 2.5 and 50 tons each..these stones had to be quarried. Egyptologists claim that the simple copper and bronze saws the fourth dynasty egyptians had were used for the cutting and shaping of the blocks. However, copper and bronze are only barely able to cut through limestone, and would be completely useless trying to cut through granite, based on the Mohs scale of mineral hardness. No examples of iron tools are found in early dynastic egypt, yet even if they were, the best steel of today only has a hardness of 5.5 and are very inefficient for cutting granite. It was suggested the Egyptians used diamond-studded blades to cut through the limestones and granite.. but this would require millions of rare and expensive diamonds or corundum, which would constantly wear out and require replacement. Others suggested the limestone blocks were somehow cut with solutions of citrid acid and vinegar, yet these very slow acting agents would leave the surface of the limestone pitted and rough..when each block was cut so precise and beautifully smooth that it would seem like a laser cut through it. The fact is, we have no idea how the blocks were quarried.

Then of course you have to consider how all 2,300,000 some-odd blocks weighing tons were transported upstream fifty miles from the site they were quarried from, and taken to the almost 500 feet of the pyramids top. A danish engineer calculated that building a ramp to the top of the pyramid would require 17.5 million cubic meters of material..this being more than 7 times the amount of material used for the pyramid itself, and a work force of more than 240,000 to build it in the time alloted in Cheop's reign. But the ramp itself would require 300,000 laborers as much as eight years to dismantle it. Where did all this ramp material go, since it is nowhere to be found anywhere near the pyramids? And what of manuevering the precisely carved blocks into place without damaging the corners? Where did all these laborers sleep, and where did they get their food? Where did they get the logs which were allegedly used to roll the blocks up the ramps..trees are scarce in Egypt, and needed for shade. And why are there no records of construction, if some 500,000 men were involved, utilizing very advanced engineering feats even by today's standards?

Even more compelling evidence, is the sediments surrounding the base of the monuments. Silt sediments rising to fourteen feet around the base of the pyramid contain many seashells and fossils that have been radiocarbon-dated to be nearly 12,000 years old. These sediments could only have been deposited in such great quantities only by major sea flooding, an event the dynastic egyptians could never have recorded because they were living 8,000 years after the flood. This suggests the Giza pyramids are at least 12,000 years old...4,000 years older than the first Egyptian civilization. When the Great Pyramid was first opened, incrustation of salt an inch thick were found inside. While much of the salt is known to be a natural exudation from the stones of the pyramid, chemical analysis has shown that some of the salt has a mineral content consisten with salt from the sea. These salt incrustations, at a height corresponding to the water level marks on the exterior are further evidence that at ome time in the distant past the pyramid was submerged halfway up it's height.

This is only the tip of the iceberg.. and I skipped a lot of other facts.

Now let's mention some fun facts:
~ The sides of the pyramid lines up almost exactly with the cardinal points of the compass
~ The Great Pyramid functions as a giant sundial
~ The basic dimensions of the Great Pyramid incorporate measurements from which the Earth's size and shape can be calculated. The pyramid is a scale model of the hemisphere, incorporating the geographical degrees of latitude and longitude. The latitude and longitude lines that intersect at the Great Pyramid (30 degrees north and 31 degrees east) cross more of the earth's land surface than any other lines, thus the pyramid is located at the center of the land mass of the earth (the pyramid is built on the closest suitable site to this intersection). The original perimeter of the pyramid equals exactly one-half minute of latitude at the equator, indicating that its builders measured the earth with extreme precision and recorded this information in the dimensions of the structure. Altogether these measurements show that the builders knew the exact dimensions of the planet as precisely as they have been recently determined by satellite surveys.
~ The foundation of the Great Pyramid is amazingly level., No corner of its base is more than one-half inch higher or lower than the others. Considering that the pyramid's base covers more than thirteen acres, this near-perfect leveling far exceeds even the finest architectural standards of the present day.
~ Measurements throughout the pyramid show that its constructors knew of the proportions of pi (3.14...), phi or the Golden Mean (1.618), and the "Pythagorean" triangles thousands of years before Pythagoras, the so-called father of geometry, lived.
~ Measurements show that the builders knew the precise spherical shape and size of the earth and had accurately charted such complex astronomical events as the precession of the equinoxes and the lunar standstill dates. The minute discrepancies of the lengths of the base of the pyramid (several inches over the 230 meter length of its base) reveal not an error on the part of the builders but an ingenious means of incorporating into the pyramid the "discrepancies" of the earth itself, in this case the flattening of the earth's globe at the poles, or a pole shift.
~ Shafts leading upward from the two main chambers, previously thought to be air shafts for ventilation, have been shown to have another purpose. A miniature electronic robot mechanically crawled sixty-five meters up the shafts and confirmed that the south and north shafts in the Kings Chamber are pointed to Al Nitak (Zeta Orionis) and Alpha Draconis respectively, while the south and north shafts of the Queens Chamber point to Sirius and Orion. The scientists conducting this research have shown that the layout of the three pyramids on the Giza plateau precisely mirror the position of the three main stars in the Orion constellation.
~ The three Pyramids also line up precisely with the logarithmic spiral.

Whoever built the GIza Pyramids, encoded much precise mathematical, geographic, and astronomical information into the structures, far above the level and ability of the dynastic Egyptians, and even modern construction techniques.

Not to mention the Sphinx is nearly 10,000 years older than the pyramids..

Discuss.

--------------------

Edited by Shroomism (05/25/03 07:01 AM)

Anonymous

Re: Pyramids.. mankind's greatest achievement [Re: Shroomism]
    #1576055 - 05/25/03 09:05 AM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Come on Bud.  Everybody  knows the dinosaurs built the pyramids.

Sheesh :wink:

:grin:

Nice post Shroomism.  Very informative.  Thumbs up!

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: Pyramids.. mankind's greatest achievement [Re: Strumpling]
    #1576646 - 05/25/03 04:41 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

dogomush-
you speak of a united, strong society....but if the egyptians were so united, why did they need slaves? hmmm? or are you just a racist?

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Edited by atomikfunksoldier (05/25/03 04:44 PM)

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Re: Pyramids.. mankind's greatest achievement [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1576661 - 05/25/03 04:54 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

well, I think the problem is rooted in your simpleminded institutionalized education, funksoldier.

The egyptians didn't use slaves to build the pyramids, this we know, and to refer to the egyptians as slave drivers is stupid because you can't generalize 4000 years of egyptians like that. You can't say that in ALL those 4000 years the egyptians were the same culture. They would have changed with every generation.

But yes I am a racist

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

#1576667 - 05/25/03 04:57 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

but they were all egyptians right? so what the fuck is the difference?

you throw around big words like "institutionalized" and "education" like you actually know what they mean.

to me....hehe....such behaviour is comical, yet sad.

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

#1576671 - 05/25/03 04:58 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Ding ding dong ding

hear that? It's the institution calling you. Is the bell making you drool yet, you mindless slave?

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

#1576683 - 05/25/03 05:05 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

hehe, good one champ, Its interesting to talk to someone who recieves all of their "knowledge" from movies and television, its kind of like a anthropological study.

hey....does your little hippy community still have those meetings where you guys pick the lice from each others hair? wow....that is so...."organic".

keep it up!

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

#1576691 - 05/25/03 05:12 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

wow.. you are so ignorant.. but what can one expect from a rusty cog working away in the big machine? Why don't you try this? .... WAKE UP!!!!

As for lice, we don't have it out here, because we don't spend time cramming into disease infested skytrains exchanging pathogens like SARS.

I hope you slip on a dirty heroin needle and die. Oh wait, you're already dead, in fact, you've never been alive.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

#1576694 - 05/25/03 05:17 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

"As for lice, we don't have it out here"

really? have you looked in the mirror lately?

lice, plural of "louse"

louse: Any of numerous small, flat-bodied, wingless biting or sucking insects of the orders Mallophaga or Anoplura, many of which are external parasites on various animals, including humans.

hmmm, parasites who suck the blood of humans....smells like hippy to me.

--------------------

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

#1576700 - 05/25/03 05:23 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Louse...

yeah just keep filling up your mind with worthless knowledge for thousands of dollars a "year." Learn to play the game bitch, cause guess what? Now I know what a louse is and I didn't pay to find out. Looks like some of us are resourceful great apes capable of tapping infinite sources for sustenance and knowledge whereas some of us (you) are simple sea cows eating sea vegetation and getting sliced by motors of the occassional tourist filled boat which is basically a convoluted metaphor to explain that you are an idiot.

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
    #1576706 - 05/25/03 05:27 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

I could go out today and build a massive geometrical structure out of titanium. THousands of years from now some scientists could probably examine the hell out of that structure and derive some amazing mathematical theory from it and claim i was a genius thousands of years ahead of my time. "Look if you measure this and that and apply the whatever formula you will have the secret of the quantum singularity drive, the guy who build this seemingly meaningless monument knew that"

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

#1576710 - 05/25/03 05:29 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

yes, you are a very resourceful person, and Im sure that later on in life your resourcefulness will come in handy when you scoure the city for pop bottles and half-eaten cheeseburgers.

--------------------

Edited by atomikfunksoldier (05/25/03 05:30 PM)

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

#1576720 - 05/25/03 05:37 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

mmmm hmmmm yes irrelevant insults designed for the masses are very effective. I suggest you get out of the habit of using mass-produced weightless insults and start customizing them for the person.

Anyway, bye bye I gotta go have fun wankin

Edited by Dogomush (05/25/03 05:40 PM)

Anonymous

#1576911 - 05/25/03 08:04 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Under a strictly enforced Be Nice policy at least two warning would have been issued. As it was it didn't get entirely out of hand. Let's try to focus on the argument instead of the person.

That way I don't have to issue any warnings and I'd rather not do that.

Cheers,

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1576971 - 05/25/03 08:35 PM (20 years, 9 months ago)

Pyrimids served as burial grounds for kings, and for releigious purposes.

Sure a huge amazing Cathedrals gains us no profit, but we still built them, right?

no diffrent.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale, Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom