Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: pfxtc]
    #9703914 -

15 gigs?  you must be picky


--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: sam420]
    #9703920 -

lol,

I'm definately picky,

but I listen to EVERYTHING so I have a good amount :smile:


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: Jufin]
    #9703949 -

Jufin said:
Yes




Yes!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: pfxtc]
    #9703966 -

I honestly like almost all of Floyd's albums, even The Final Cut (which is really Pink Floyd in name only, but I think it's decent). In fact, the only Floyd album I honestly can't stand is A Momentary Lapse of Reason - Roger Waters already made this joke, but they really couldn't have named that one better. Fucking sucks. Division Bell is decent though.

I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite, though. Their sound progresses (get it? PROGRESSIVE? Take notes here, folks) so much from the start to the finish that I can't even comfortably divide their catalogue up into eras where individual albums stand out.

Piper is some of the best psychedelic music I've heard, Meddle breaks the ground that DSOTM stands tall on, Wish You Were Here is beautiful, Animals is underrated but wonderfully melodic, The Wall is downright operatic... et cetera. They all have their own strengths. I even love Atom Heart Mother.

There are others I haven't even mentioned here but I love them too.

I admit it: I'm a total Pink Floyd fanboy. I would blow every current and former member of that band, living or dead.

Figuratively speaking of course. :blush:


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Edited by Tchan909 (01/30/09 02:22 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: allhallows]
    #9703976 -

shut up and listen to your own music again. I do it all the time lately.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: wildchild68]
    #9703983 -

wildchild68 said:
Jufin said:
Yes




Yes!




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9703985 -

Tchan909 said:
I honestly like almost all of Floyd's albums, even The Final Cut (which is really Pink Floyd in name only, but I think it's decent). In fact, the only Floyd album I honestly can't stand is A Momentary Lapse of Reason - Roger Waters already made this joke, but they really couldn't have named that one better. Fucking sucks. Division Bell is decent though.

I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite, though. Their sound progresses (get it? PROGRESSIVE? Take notes here, folks) so much from the start to the finish that I can't even comfortably divide their catalogue up into eras where individual albums stand out.

Piper is some of the best psychedelic music I've heard, Meddle broke the ground that DSOTM stood tall on, Wish You Were Here is beautiful, Animals is underrated but wonderfully melodic, The Wall is downright operatic... et cetera. They all have their own strengths.

I admit it: I'm a total Pink Floyd fanboy. I would blow every current and former member of that band, living or dead.



I'm not really a huge fan of anything after Animals (I can't fucking stand the progressive rock sound overload, the psychedelic stuff is way better) but each of the "newer" albums definetely have their bright sides.

And my favorite Pink Floyd song is Astronomy Domine off Piper, and my favorite album has gotta be Wish You Were Here followed by DSOTM.

Hell, I even listen to the members' solo albums, listening to THE MADCAP LAUGHS right now :smile:

I never thought I would have liked these guys, but I have been listening to them for a little over a year now. In my eyes they are THE most creative band in all of music. Nobody can put me in the same  head space like Pink Floyd can, they're rivaled only by Led Zeppelin in my eyes.

And I'd totally go gay for them all too don't worry, LOL.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (01/30/09 02:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9703987 -

ummagumma :awebig:

i like pretty much all pink floyd...even the wall. i actually ran someone off the road last winter because i was getting too into that damn cd :lol:. no damage, don't worry, everyone was fine.

tool is the better band though IMO. while their lyrics are both equally complex, i prefer the guitar style in tool's work more than PF.

my friend's favorite band is the mars volta, but i can't get into them. meshuggah is....not so good.

anyone like porcupine tree? they're not my favorite band, but they have some really eerie songs that stick in my head. radioactive toy :eek:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: JT]
    #9703994 -

How good is the solo in hooker with a penis... Melts my brain...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: JT]
    #9703995 -

Never heard of them :smile:

Never really understood Mars Volta either,

I tried Meshuggah, I really did, but I think Metallica and Megadeth and Exodus just kill the shit out of them.

And Pink Floyd was never really about the guitar solo's, even though Gilmour tears the shit out of a good amount of the songs,

The most unique aspect of their music was definately Rick Wright's playing of the keyboards, totally made the music THAT much better.


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (01/30/09 02:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: JT]
    #9703999 -

all im thinking bout is a porcupine with marshmellows on em'

I cant vouch for rap tho i never have i just happen to be in the wrong place at the right time so if the stuff fly's its all right but ever since dipset broke up things haven't sat right with me:paranoid:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: pfxtc]
    #9704005 -

pfxtc said:
And I'd totally go gay for them all too don't worry, LOL.



Hell yeah.  :blowjob:

I haven't listened to any of their solo albums though, which I just realized is a fucking travesty considering there are actually a lot of them. I should get on top of that, like, now, since I was just lamenting how everything I've been listening to lately is getting stale.

I've been in love with Floyd ever since I jacked my dad's tapes as a kid. :lol: But then when I started doing drugs, oh, it was ON.


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: JT]
    #9704007 -

justin_thyme said:
ummagumma :awebig:



:drooling:


--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9704011 -

Tchan909 said:
pfxtc said:
And I'd totally go gay for them all too don't worry, LOL.



Hell yeah.  :blowjob:

I haven't listened to any of their solo albums though, which I just realized is a fucking travesty considering there are actually a lot of them. I should get on top of that, like, now, since I was just lamenting how everything I've been listening to lately is getting stale.

I've been in love with Floyd ever since I jacked my dad's tapes as a kid. :lol: But then when I started doing drugs, oh, it was ON.



Haha hell yeah, I distinctly remember listening to The Wall when I was like 8 years old and was like MAN WHO ARE THESE PINK FLOYD GUYS!! Same with The Beatles lol. Then a whole bunch years later I get into psychedelics and it's like "OH.. ok, this is music".. it's cool too, listening to Pink Floyd and the Beatles brings back a stream of childhood memories.

Also if you havn't already check out Cream, Clapton is so good :smile:


--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (01/30/09 02:31 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9704020 -

jeez luiz the tool shit was just:eek:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: Jufin]
    #9704024 -

Jufin said:
How good is the solo in hooker with a penis... Melts my brain...



yeahh dude! that song is such an unexpected masterpiece lol.

for anyone interested in porcupine tree...



it's a little slow in the beginning

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: JT]
    #9704031 -

I like their album In Absentia.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: pfxtc]
    #9704048 -

I know you floyd fanboys ain't gonna like it, but I think Syd Barrett is seriously over-rated.

In my opinion, Roger Waters was soley (according to wikipedia) responsible for a fair few of pink floyd's best songs, like the Album Animals (except dogs, which is tied with time for my favourite floyd track), Comfortably numb, If, San Tropez, Money, Young lust, Have a Cigar..

The Waters - Guilmore - Wright era was responsible for the best albums: DSOTM, Wish you were here & Meddle.

I've listened to PATGOD quite a few times and it just doesn't appeal to me. Likewise I have Syd Barret's Octopus & Vegetable man where are you and I can't say any tracks particularly shine on either of them.

David Guilmore's On an Island is a fucking epic album (even though a bit cheesey in places) & I have Roger Waters' The pros and cons of hitchiking. Its an alright album, but yeah you're right, his voice does get a bit annoying :shrug:.


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: Jufin]
    #9704049 -

FTR to say Zep wasnt different was an understatement i know shit about zep only cuz people compare them to mars volta i honestly dont see the resemblence until some select songs i scrapped up off here, but i think where as zep was out picking lemons, mars volta is making lemon juice and squeezing it in your eye, if that makes any sense.

jus look at the ORL...

but where the heck is the system people at i need to buy a shirt or something got dang

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF happened to music?! [Re: Cepheus]
    #9704051 -

Cepheus said:
I know you floyd fanboys ain't gonna like it, but I think Syd Barrett is seriously over-rated.




:smoker:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I'm truely shocked... Nobody listens to real music?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
wecontrolsweetfreedom 16,804 93 09/06/16 08:59 PM
by Jokeshopbeard
* ~Name some brilliant music~
( 1 2 all )
Adamist 7,757 34 07/02/03 06:37 AM
by Clean
* Dark Star Orchestra
( 1 2 all )
OctopusDr 5,620 39 05/21/03 10:40 AM
by Adom
* Check out my band's first music video.
( 1 2 all )
searching 1,695 23 03/03/18 10:19 AM
by Patlal
* Tragic news - Bob Wallace passed away ThorA 2,175 7 10/23/02 01:27 PM
by Thor
* The Dead was the greatest experience of my entire life! Vulture 1,331 5 08/02/03 11:40 PM
by dpc2424
* What will happen on December 21, 2012?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Brukan 18,124 111 05/22/19 08:07 AM
by Antigov
* Anyone seen Dark Star Orchestra? What did you think?
( 1 2 all )
Phishgrrl 3,069 38 08/04/04 09:21 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
8,468 topic views. 5 members, 89 guests and 122 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.