Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
The Dead was the greatest experience of my entire life!
    #1772878 - 08/02/03 03:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

holy shit....obviously words cannot convey what the experience is like. I wasent event expecting it would be the way it was. I respect the Deadheads more than anyone in the world. It takes a lot to give up all your attachments and just live on the road selling whatever they can cook or make or whatever just to make enough money to get to the next show.

as for me and my friend we got out our sign that said. "Help us get into our first Dead show! Our first dose would be nice too! Miracles DO happen!" and we had our menue for our food bside that and the people were flocking from all over for some grilled cheese while my frien went to go get some water. I had some old family take pics with me next to my sign and people just gave us some money. I coudent keep up with it all by myself and kept burning shit and man it was just stressin me out. By the time my friend got back it was raining hard as hell and everything got ruined.

So here we are with $80 and a bunch of useless food we cant sell anymore that we spent most of our money on. So i went around with my hand raised looking for a miracle. And my freind went around just strait up saying "we are just two guys at our first show that spent all our money on food we cant sell now wollowing in our sorry and we are jsut looking for a couple of tickets and our first dose! can anyone help us out?" and we got some donations that way and kinda learned how everything worked.

We got offered a lot of stuff but it seems you have to know how to ask and stuff to get doses. Some said it was everywhere and some said they havent seen any. But wheever someone had some the kinda avoided it at first and kinda mumbled about having some and we got some for $10 a hit at first. We told him we were gonna shop around some and come back and he was like well it will be $15 when you come back so we just got 4 hits to just make sure we had some. They were WAY smaller than i thought they would be. I thought one hit was like the size of my thumbnail. The cheepest we found a ticket was for $40.

some guy said his friend had some fluff liquid but another guy sitting there was like i got a few sheets and gave us 8 hits for $40. He dropped it in the water at first and a guy picked it up and ate it and gave us half and we ate it. Then he gave us our 8 hits. So we went around looking for a few bowls of headie and some tickets. Some guy gave us a fat roach and some guy gave us a bol for like $4 and smoked a little with us and argued with us for a million years about just chilling and drinking a beer or soemthing. People seemed pretty weird about there pot and stuff. We went around forever asking if people wanted to smoke cause we had weed but no bowl and noone would do it. It was jsut weird.

We were going around looking for tickets for a while and ended up tripping too hard to know how to react to anything, didnt know where i was, what i was doing or anything. So i just sat there and looked around for a while. People saw that i never got into the show and one girl gave me a flower and talked to me about stuff for a while and this old 45 year old guy talked to meabout jerry and all kinds of stuff and gave me and rainbow skeleton bumper sticker.

Even though i didnt get into the show i would ahve to say it was the greatest most eye opening expereince of my life. I thought i was gonna die, i thought i was jesus christ or "the one", and all kind fo crazy shit. I felt like i coule communicate with people through eye contact. There is so much to say im just gonna writeup a trip report and post it later.

But now i feel some kind of connection with the family. I dont know what it is but its cool. Was it jsut me or does everything speak in a different laguage almost. Its like the mumble stuff in the middle of sentences and stuff. It hard to understand people sometimes. People tols me i was doing pretty good for my first time :smile:  all in all the people were nice, the only thing is i just felt wierd and akward sometimes when trying to talk to people cause noone was understanding each other but at the same time they were, At first i felt like everyone was trying to pull a fast one on me or take my shit. But i guess i was just tripping too hard. I had people offer me bowl and all kinds of stuff for a few hits cause they couldent find any but all i wanted were tickets and i dont know how anyone could not find the cid....i mean hell its my first show and i came across it a LOT.

anyways thanks to everyone for all the information youve provided me with. I know next time nothing is going to stop me from getting into the show. I will already have tickets. Hopefully this wont be the last tour. I know ill be going to the Harvest fest and any other rainbow gathering remotly close to me.

one question.....at every rainbow gathering do actual rainbows always show up in the sky? because people kept talking about the sky and stuff and then later there were like 4 rainbows and it was like they connected right above my head or something. I couldent see the whole rainbow cause it was like i was right in the middle of it. WTF is that? was it just the acid or was it soemthing magical that just happned at the gatherings?

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: The Dead was the greatest experience of my entire life! [Re: Vulture]
    #1774092 - 08/02/03 11:22 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

:grin: :heart:

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: The Dead was the greatest experience of my entire life! [Re: Ripple]
    #1774096 - 08/02/03 11:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

man  :heartpump: :heartpump: :stash: :loveeyes: :nut: :lol: :grin: :thumbup: :mushroom2: ohh the dead were awsome. 

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisibletomatoes
you say tomatoe

Loc: and i say . . .
    #1774178 - 08/02/03 11:52 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

look at all those words

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: The Dead was the greatest experience of my entire life! [Re: tomatoes]
    #1774199 - 08/02/03 11:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

and those arent even enough to describe the greatness

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

Offlinedpc2424
headfull

Loc: inching towards the light
    #1774508 - 08/03/03 01:40 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

right on  :smile:  im seein em the 5th.  can't wait!

--------------------
"What is needed today is a fundamental reexperience of the oneness of all living things, a comprehensive reality consciousness that ever more infrequently develops spontaneously, the more the primordial flora and fauna of our mother earth must yield to a dead technological environment."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub