Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinewecontrolsweetfreedom
mike

Loc: hardees
Re: I'm truely shocked... Nobody listens to real music? [Re: Viking]
    #1387930 - 03/18/03 12:23 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

rush's alright as far as instruments go, but god damn, man, i can't listen to them for more than 3 or 4 songs without getting a horrible headache... that dude has THE most annoying voice ever. what kind of earplugs did you bring to the concert?

--------------------
everyday's a saturday my friend

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: I'm truely shocked... Nobody listens to real music? [Re: wecontrolsweetfreedom]
    #1387938 - 03/18/03 12:27 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Geddy Lee's voice was always the biggest obstacle in my enjoying Rush as well, although i admit i also find Alex Lifeson's guitar playing totally devoid of passion(even if still very good technically)....and i say this as someone who went to a highschool within a few miles of the one that they attended(not that this should be a factor, just reporting here)  :smile: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

mike

Re: I'm truely shocked... Nobody listens to real music? [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1387966 - 03/18/03 12:37 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

lol, excellent name dropping there... did i mention for the tweleveth time that i personally know mark lanegan from "queens of the stone age"? did i do it right, freakQlibrium?

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm truely shocked... Nobody listens to real music? [Re: wecontrolsweetfreedom]
    #1387993 - 03/18/03 12:44 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

No, but keep working on it dude, you may eventually get it down :grin: 

--------------------

mike

#1388004 - 03/18/03 12:47 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you're negative, yet inspiring... FIVE SHROOMS!

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#1388018 - 03/18/03 12:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

You're the first person here(to my knowledge anyway) that has ever called me "negative". Yet, you're one of the very few(i checked my vote count) that ever said they would give me mad props and then did it......5 shrooms back at ya :wink: 

--------------------

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

#1388089 - 03/18/03 01:11 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I don't like Rush.

I don't care how "good" they are, they annoy the fucking fuck out of me. They were just on the radio -can't remember what song- so I changed it. It made me want to run people over, and not in a good, Cradle of Filth-ish, way.

--------------------

OfflineSuperSpun
Not quite surewhat happened

Loc: India
Re: I'm truely shocked... Nobody listens to real music? [Re: Ulysees]
    #1388195 - 03/18/03 02:01 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Dude, you saw primus and rush at in the same show. Fuckin' A! Primus and rush are two of the best bands ever. Besides tool that is.

--------------------

Not quite sure what happened

mike

Re: I'm truely shocked... Nobody listens to real music? [Re: SuperSpun]
    #1388405 - 03/18/03 03:21 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

i think ulysees just went over this.. rush eats poop... POOP for christ's sakes... that truely explains how annoying they are...

--------------------

mike

#1388417 - 03/18/03 03:26 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

you da man FREAK! *makes awsome flailing arm motions* (the arm motions are incendiary... ask anyone who knows me in person... definitely my trademark)

--------------------

OfflineGetTheFuckOut
Long Gone.
 User Gallery
    #1389165 - 03/18/03 08:05 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

dude i listen to lots of panic, traffic, dead, csn, mmw, etc...

--------------------
<
I have logged in this once so that I can set the "last seen" feature up.  let the faggots flow forth into OTD and have it.  Its funny how they all grew nuts after I left.  I'm not here, I'm not reading, but I urge you all to keep melting down over me.  I know, I hurt alot of people, and they deserved it.  epic win for me, epic fail for you. 

ythan, you rock dude.  i feel that my time at the shroomery was very positive and enjoyable, but this site is no longer for me. im not mad or upset or disappointed, i just want no part in a pg rated faggot festival.
<

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #1389970 - 03/19/03 05:04 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

FreakQLibrium lists:

Frank Zappa
King Crimson
Miles Davis
Mahavishnu Orchestra
Yes

Ah! So many excellent concerts in the early Seventies. I have seen all of those and many more. I saw Yes for the first time when they had just released their first album. It was a three band bill -- Yes, Black Sabbath, and Bloodrock, and believe it or not the top billing was Bloodrock! Yes opened, and they just blew everyone away. Neither I nor any of my friends had ever heard their stuff at the time -- we went because of Black Sabbath. Anyway, the general consensus was that Yes stole the show BIGTIME, Black Sabbath was pretty good, and Bloodrock sucked ass. The whole stadium started emptying out two songs into Bloodrock's set.

I have seen a total of four Yes concerts, the most recently December of 2002 at the Corel Center in Ottawa (I was visiting my parents for a month) with ALL the original crew including Rick Wakeman! It was great, but there were only a few thousand there. What a shame.

I saw Mahavishnu Orchestra on the "Birds of Fire" tour, and then later a concert with John McLaughlin and Carlos Santana. Now THAT was an awesome show for guitar afficianados.

I saw King Crimson twice -- their "Lark's Tongues in Aspic" tour was quite possibly one of the most wonderful shows I have ever seen, and I have seen dozens of great bands.

Saw Zappa just once -- it was right after "Overnight Sensation" and "Apostrophe" had been released. Amazing show -- almost three hours of incredible musicianship from Ainsley Dunbar, Jean Luc Ponty, Napolean Murphy Brock, Ruth and Ian Underwood, and a few others. Zappa himself in his biography says that the crew he had on that tour was his favorite, and I can see why. Incredible amount of talent onstage at once.

As a sidenote, the first time I saw Supertramp was immediately after the release of Crime of the Century, and was at the Ottawa High School of Commerce gymnasium. It cost $2.00 Canadian, and there weren't more than 500 people there. It was way better than other concerts I saw for a lot more money.

Ah... the early Seventies!

/me tears up at the memories

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm truely shocked... Nobody listens to real music? [Re: Phred]
    #1390029 - 03/19/03 05:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

. It was a three band bill -- Yes, Black Sabbath, and Bloodrock, and believe it or not the top billing was Bloodrock!"

i actually had the 1st Bloodrock album if you can believe that. It was realeased maybe half a year B4 the first sabbath. Yes didn't really recieve much in the way of public acclaim til their third album and the regular airplay of "yours is no disgrace" as well as the addition of Steve Howe. i saw J.Geils and Yes together halloween eve 72...... drug of choice: spaceshit* acid(blotter) :smile:
lmao! i meant spaceSHIP!

I saw Mahavishnu Orchestra on the "Birds of Fire" tour, and then later a concert with John McLaughlin and Carlos Santana. Now THAT was an awesome show for guitar afficianados.

i saw mahavishnu(6X in total) open for zappa on the overnite sensation tour in toronto in march of 73, and i was also fortunate enough to catch the santana/mclaughlin show at maple leaf gardens in sept of 73( the place was filled to MAYBE one quarter capacity). I wasn't crazy about the love devotion  and surrender studio album but the live show kicked major league ass! :smile: :blush:nly drug i could get, weed :frown:

I saw King Crimson twice -- their "Lark's Tongues in Aspic" tour was quite possibly one of the most wonderful shows I have ever seen,"

i saw king crimson on their "Red" tour in june 74(they did quite a bit of lark's tongue as well).......drug of choice: orange double barrel :grin:

with jean luc ponty it was almost incestuous lol, i had seen him with zappa earlier and then we drove down to buffalo to catch the first ever(and only, i think) live performance(feb 74) of the apocalypse album directed by well know pot head michael tilson thomas abd featuring a completely new personal......including ponty of course.....i was so high on acid,and this WAS a charity event to support the buffalo philharmonic so there were WAY more people(tuxedos etc) there for the BPH that there were for Mclaughlin, that i kept asking my friend "why are we HERE again?" seriously i was THAT fucked up! lol :grin:good times man...... :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#1390061 - 03/19/03 05:39 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"lol, excellent name dropping there... did i mention for the tweleveth time that i personally know mark lanegan from "queens of the stone age"? did i do it right, freakQlibrium?"

i just wanted to mention that i never knew or met any of them, i think they were a couple years ahead of me...... so stop fucking PM'ing me for concert tickets! :mad:

:grin: 

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #1390932 - 03/19/03 10:21 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

FreakQLibrium writes:

i saw king crimson on their "Red" tour in june 74(they did quite a bit of lark's tongue as well).......drug of choice: orange double barrel

YES!!!! Orange Double Barrel -- that stuff was amazing. I too had a headful of ODB for the "Lark's Tongues in Aspic" show. Bill Bruford looked like a wizened little troll scurrying around his complex percussion setup, tinkling and twinkling various gongs and chimes with frenetic energy.

Other concerts I saw under the influence of ODB (in no particular order) -- Emerson Lake and Palmer, Jethro Tull (Thick as a Brick tour), Pink Floyd (Dark Side of the Moon tour), The Who, Genesis (Selling England by the Pound tour), and... ummm... I know there's more, but I forget now.

Orange Double Barrel was what all acid SHOULD be!

Ooops... guess I'm way off topic now. But I tend to wax rhapsodic about ODB. Please excuse my fond reminiscence.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm truely shocked... Nobody listens to real music? [Re: Phred]
    #1390946 - 03/19/03 10:27 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

.".. guess I'm way off topic now. But I tend to wax rhapsodic about ODB. Please excuse my fond reminiscence."

Excuse it?? i encourage it! it's stories like these that must be told!!!! i also saw the darkside of the moon tour in march of 73 on orange DB. The floyd and King Crimson shows are the only ones i can remember doing it for SURE though......

--------------------

OfflineDeAds_BaBe
Stranger

Loc: Uranus
    #1393401 - 03/19/03 11:45 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Definitely TOOL

--------------------
"This world was just a dream, we were sleeping, now we are awake. "

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: I'm truely shocked... Nobody listens to real music? [Re: Eightball]
    #1393632 - 03/20/03 02:41 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Yea, what Eightball said!!!!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet
 User Gallery

Loc: Bizzaro World
    #1394491 - 03/20/03 07:56 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

Invisiblemantis
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bunker Alpha, GMC
Re: I'm truely shocked... Nobody listens to real music? [Re: Dr. Slavic]
    #1409612 - 03/25/03 07:24 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

SKINNY PUPPY

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order