Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinerick0909
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #8234908 - 04/03/08 06:57 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

leftysurprise said:
the 12th planet will finally make its way back around on its highly eliptical orbit, causing serious magnetic field disturbances throughout the solar system, including on earth, it will cause our poles to reverse causing a resetting of north and south in new positions(already happened numerous times in earths history), causing massive upheavals on earth including massive earthquakes, incredible volcanic activity, massive wind storms and gigantic tidal waves. very few places on the planet will go unchanged, many will be devastated. many will die, some will live, life will go on and hopefully humanity will change its ways.

i also dont think the 21st is an exact date. id say give or take two weeks.

i know i know.... :cuckoo:

I agree with you.  Although it seems a little crazy.  I have read about the pole shifts, 12th planet and all that.  I don't think this will be the end of the world like some people believe due to the Mayan calender ending on this date.  It's just the start of a new cycle. I do think that there will be some serious weather changes and natural disasters.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: rick0909]
    #8234923 - 04/03/08 06:59 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I think we'll know way before 2012 where this world seems to be going, my guess is alot interesting things are to happen sooner than we think.

Offlinemisterdogman
Educationalresearcher ofthe Shroom
Male

Loc: International Waters in a...
Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: rick0909]
    #8234956 - 04/03/08 07:06 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

You guys are serious? I heard of the planet shifting but it was from the Caps melting with temp change, not from some damn 12th planet. Man WTF if it has to do with the end of the world or hating Jesus you fucks will believe anything.

If there was a twelth planet we would be able to detect it because we can see more than 100 light years out "accurately" and that is only like 3 or 4 light years away to get to 2012 going @ light speed. So a planet traveling much slower tan light would easily be seen that fucking close. So WTF there aint no damn 12th planet and if there was we would know it was coming and be like fuck that...

Aint shit gonna happen but the seasons changing...Winter Solstice and shopping for me... from Fall to winter and me buying presents for Bdays... and Christmas. Nothing fucking else. Also the Mayan Calender ended then... because they fucking ended....

and quit making updates, the end of the civilization and the Calenders last entries go hand in hand. So get over the dumb theory that the world is ending because no damn man knows when it will end in advance.

--------------------
While driving my overpowered car around tight corners like a maniac all my friends yell out. Hey man slow down, we might Wreck. I reply, Shut up, I drive like Dale Earnhardt. They all look around at each other and laugh. Then one asks me. Hey wait, isnt he dead? Well yeah he is I said. Then I drive like Junior I mumble, while I promptly slow down.
"Everyday is opposite day. Everything I say is opposite of what you think I am saying. So if I say something and you think I mean one thing it is the opposite of what I am really trying to say. I actually mean another thing other than what you are thinking I am saying. Get it? Good because that's what I meant".
"You may defeat me, you may even destroy me, But you will never CONQUER me"!

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: misterdogman]
    #8234978 - 04/03/08 07:11 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Thats not true. We ARE advanced biological machines living on a 'planet' flying through space. I think anything is possible at this point. Plus, who says you don't see the end of the world in every life time?

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: Ripple]
    #8234987 - 04/03/08 07:12 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

End of the world predictions are just plain stupid. They are as outdated as the people who made these predictions in the first place. I don't care who predicted what and when, no one knows the future. I don't believe in anything that is not right in front of me, and happening in front of my very eyes. Even then I'm septic.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit! Flag
Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: Kada]
    #8234991 - 04/03/08 07:13 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

The Mayans won't have a calendar anymore and then they will be SOL.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlinemisterdogman
Educationalresearcher ofthe Shroom
Male

Loc: International Waters in a...
Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: Rebirtha]
    #8235015 - 04/03/08 07:18 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Evan said:
Thats not true. We ARE advanced biological machines living on a 'planet' flying through space. I think anything is possible at this point. Plus, who says you don't see the end of the world in every life time?

Whats not true. I never said shit about biological fucking machines. Dont go blabbing about whats true and whats not and not point it out...because your wrong about whatever your talking about and I dont even know what that is....but get over it NO FUCKING BODY can predict the future...not even a Mayan... because I met some Mayans before ...and you know what?... they couldnt tell me shit about the lottery...so why trust them on this?

--------------------
While driving my overpowered car around tight corners like a maniac all my friends yell out. Hey man slow down, we might Wreck. I reply, Shut up, I drive like Dale Earnhardt. They all look around at each other and laugh. Then one asks me. Hey wait, isnt he dead? Well yeah he is I said. Then I drive like Junior I mumble, while I promptly slow down.
"Everyday is opposite day. Everything I say is opposite of what you think I am saying. So if I say something and you think I mean one thing it is the opposite of what I am really trying to say. I actually mean another thing other than what you are thinking I am saying. Get it? Good because that's what I meant".
"You may defeat me, you may even destroy me, But you will never CONQUER me"!

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #8235019 - 04/03/08 07:18 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Baby_Hitler said:
The Mayans won't have a calendar anymore and then they will be SOL.

LOL. thats why they are gone, they didn't plan far enough ahead.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

InvisibleantiPock
fighting entropy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sol 3
Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: Brukan]
    #8235219 - 04/03/08 08:04 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I have it on good authority that aliens from hyperspace will yank humans off to zoos all over the multiverse, thus allowing the planet to finally heal itself and once again become a prime destination for interglactic/hyperdimensional eco-tourism.

InvisibleTripityDooDaDay
Prick
Male User Gallery

Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: antiPock]
    #8235342 - 04/03/08 08:31 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

The first two posters in this thread will return and tell us all where they have been since "Last seen: 5 years, 4 months".

OfflineKetamineKatalyst
Skyhighatrist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Koma Kluster
Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #8235696 - 04/03/08 09:35 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Funny, some of you, such as mrdogman seem to know every last possibility in the universe. As if you know everything, and no one else can know anything...

*puke*

Even if the whole 2012 thing doesn't go down, we are going to experience some crrrrazy new things within our lifetimes...

Maybe we will actually form a global consciousness and remember ourselves, collectively, as the cosmic god beings that we are. I can see this, or something very similar, forming right now.

All of our progress as humanity IS going to reach a conscrescence, maybe not all at once, but it is inevitable.

We will all know the truth behind everything worldly in time, maybe after we die...

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutely ruthless and highly indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." John C. Lilly

OfflineKetamineKatalyst
Skyhighatrist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Koma Kluster
Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: KetamineKatalyst]
    #8235702 - 04/03/08 09:36 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Funny, one of the first comments in this thread from 2002, said there might be a woman for president.

We'll see about that too...

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutely ruthless and highly indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." John C. Lilly

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: Snape]
    #8237006 - 04/04/08 02:35 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

We'll be able to produce Kamehamehas.

I like it how when thy get angry they go
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH and that all sorts of pebbles and stuff comes up off the ground and starts floating in mid air. I wish I could do that, I sure feel like it sometimes.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (04/04/08 02:35 AM)

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: Brukan]
    #8237015 - 04/04/08 02:39 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I will drink a mate latte. The sun will set. Then it will be December 22.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8237077 - 04/04/08 03:43 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Quote:

Brukan said:
What will happen on December 21, 2012? 

When, miracle of miracle, nothing at happens on their chosen date, all of the tarot card readers, crystallographers, and other occult and religious whack-jobs will move the date back a suitably safe interval of time.

There already is a back-up date - 7.25.2013 - the REAL end of the Mayan calendar. :tongue:

OfflineNaxx
LSD to DMT
Male User Gallery

Loc: the bog
Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: Middleman]
    #8237101 - 04/04/08 04:23 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Bleh - what if it happens? We're fucked, yes, but who here kinda' wants to see how it all ends? Well I kinda' do! Regardless of my stage of life. I think, in a very strange way, it would be the most awesome thing ever. But then again, nothing will probably happen, and I'll be just as happy with that.

I'm set either way, and happy about it.

Though realistically, the calendar had to end sometime. 2012 was way the fuck into the Mayan's future.

I remember my first cell phone's calender ended on 12/31/2099. So hopefully the world will end then also. :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: Naxx]
    #8237146 - 04/04/08 05:29 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

What will happen on December 21, 2012?

Those expecting something to happen will be very

:crankey:

by midnight.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: theorganicdomino]
    #8237154 - 04/04/08 05:47 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

On December 21, 2012 my birthday hangover will end!

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: d33p] * 1
    #8237281 - 04/04/08 07:44 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

the mayans will come back on their spaceships and start shooting people with laser beams. luckily tin foil hats reflect the beams and the saucers will be shot down. non-believers will all die. just because. i will rule supreme. i can't reveal any more details about this because it could jeopardize my chances of becoming a supreme ruler of the omniverse.

--------------------

Invisibletruffleupagus
Male User Gallery

Re: What will happen on December 21, 2012? [Re: d33p]
    #8237283 - 04/04/08 07:45 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I just watched a Nat Geo documentary, 2012: The End of Days. It talks about how the earth and sun will come into alignment with a black hole in the center of the galaxy. Then it said that this event happens once every 25,800 years and that it will cause the poles to shift which, in turn, will cause a dramatic increase in natural disasters and the like, yada, yada, yada, fire and brimstone, yada, yada, yada.

Personally, I'm another one who feels like I'm set either way. If nothing happens I can raise a kid. If something happens I can get away from all the stupid people. Win/win situation.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom