Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
MY interperatation of the Christian God
    #887490 - 09/17/02 05:58 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I teeter a lot between athieism and Christianity. It is part of me. I do this on a lot of issues. I'm quite the wishy-wash, but I think that it is a good thing in a way because it is a sign of having an open mind, but it can be detremental in that it's hard to accomplish anything when your viewpoint is constantly influx.

Anyway, I just wanted to post about my version of the Christian God when I believe in him. (lower case h reflects that this ain't one of them times).

Firstly, God is not a physical entity. No, old Zeuslike dude with a beard, or anything like that.

He is mystery, the will, the way, the word. Nothing tangible, but definately has a will. He created the physical universe for us, man. He did it in his wisdom, but why?

Ours is not to question why. The teachers say, it is not possible for us to understand why and all of this stuff. But I think a lot of this comes out of respect for the entity. As to give a reason might prove to trivialize the entire endeavor.

For I believe it was, and is, an experiment in morality, or to a greater extent, obedience. Could he create a creature, with an aptitude of intelligence, who live a physical experience, and have them obey his commands? To be good?

I think this is the extent of what the whole "in my image" thing meant. God probably considers himself a pretty moral entity, but lacking temptation, because he experiences a non-physical reality.

So, could we or HE even be good if he lived in this world that he created?

So, wammo, the great experiment begins. Big Bang, here a dash of primorital ooze over there, a few dashes of environmental change and in no time at all, we have Man.

Man misbehaves. Oh boy does he. And not long after, they forget all about him. And over time, he selects a few people to speak on his behalf. He floods the world and tries it again. But no good comes of it. Man seems to be inherantly evil.

So, God, one day, realizes that he does indeed love us. And, he wants to see for himself, so as to better relate to us, what it is like to live, to experience the physical world.

And so, he becomes human. He is born to the virgin Mary and begins a life.

When he is still young, he is taught a very important lesson. Death sucks. His dad dies and it kind of tears him apart, so he goes off to think about what he has done and he realizes that life is indeed extremely hard and there are many other things going on other than man's own personal relationship with God.

So, he comes back, and he says, pretty much "Look. Life is not an easy experience. So, please, just keep being good to one another, and hopefully if you all can spread the word of just being kind to one another to everyone on Earth, you will have a paradice."

Then the Romans kill him.

The End.

I do not believe that God is omnipotent, omnipresent, or any of that crap. He is capable of making mistakes, and having regrets. And he even has a few.

Anyway, there is my version in a nutshell.

For whatever it may be worth.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: MY interperatation of the Christian God [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #887522 - 09/17/02 06:13 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for sharing, doobie!

--------------------

Anonymous

#887523 - 09/17/02 06:13 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Great Stuff Doobie!

That was cool that you shared that. :smile:

I doubt that you'll hang with us fruitcakes very much but you are always welcome here as far as I'm concerned!

Cheers Buddy, 

Anonymous

Re: MY interperatation of the Christian God [Re: In(di)go]
    #887525 - 09/17/02 06:14 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

GMTA! again!

That's twice.

This time in the same minute!

Gosh, does that mean we're twins?  :grin:

Cheers, 

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: MY interperatation of the Christian God [Re: ]
    #887542 - 09/17/02 06:22 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

:smile:

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #887546 - 09/17/02 06:24 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

heeehehehe... coolness!  :cool:

gimme 5 dude!  :grin:

aaaaaaaaaaaand... 1400 posts! yeeeeeeeeeeeehaw it's a beautiful day

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: MY interperatation of the Christian God [Re: In(di)go]
    #887557 - 09/17/02 06:30 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

^5

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

#887585 - 09/17/02 06:43 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I also believe that there are OTHER Godlike entities. He is not alone out there. Lucifer, for instance, was an equal to God.

As proof of this, in the Bible, God refers to 'us' a lot and 'our'. As though he is showing his experiment to his peers.

--------------------

Anonymous

#887598 - 09/17/02 06:48 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I'm thinking.

Cheers,

Offlinenezshoo
<--- SOMA

Loc: California
    #887661 - 09/17/02 07:31 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

"God" is an asshole. He created man to be like one of his side shows in his Garden of Eden. The "Devil" gave man the gift to think for himself. That is why "God" was pissed. Because once we were able to think we became Gods ourselves.

Edited by nezshoo (09/17/02 07:33 AM)

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
    #887673 - 09/17/02 07:36 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Interesting. I've always taken the "us" and "our" bits as usage of the royal form of English.

As far as God not having a physical form, what about Genesis 18? God visits Abraham in the form of a man, and has a meal.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: MY interperatation of the Christian God [Re: nezshoo]
    #887676 - 09/17/02 07:38 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I think the Garden of Eden story is a fable. A total fiction. As anyone knows that serpants don't talk. And the bible makes no reference to Lucifer being the serpant.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #888171 - 09/17/02 10:40 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I think the Garden of Eden story may hold *some* truth to it, but that's just my perception based on my experiences.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #889966 - 09/18/02 12:41 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Lucifer - Bearer of Light - was/is not equal to God. The mythos depicts the primal crime of hubris - pride - in which a created being, so inflated with selfhood, can no longer be sustained in the ontological 'substance' of love. That people completely and literally depict this psychospiritual event like Dante in his 'Divine Comedy' only illustrates the childish comprehension of Western people. I was amused by the film 'Prophesy' with Christopher Walken as a 'fallen angel,' Gabriel. This is the angel that communicates to Mary, Mother of Jesus, and who communicated the Qu-ran to Muhammed. The whole film is rife with feathery-winged humanoids (the span of a pair of wings would have to be 30 feet across, with huge mounds of muscles to power them).

A similar myth of inflation and fall (a well-known psychological problem) is depicted in the myth of Icarus, whose father Daedalus warned him not to fly too close to the dark, damp waters, or too close to the bright, warm sun, but to maintain a 'middle' approach to flying. Icarus soared too high (became self-inflated), and as is the case with all paranoia and ego-inflation, a fall occurred and he met destruction in the dark waters below. The parallel with depth psychology is that climbing to quickly into higher consciousness, one gets fried, or melts down, and plunges into the darkness of the unconscious - into madness and death. The Heaven-Hell version works as well.

As to the plurality of God in Genesis, this is due to the Hebrew Name 'Elohim,' which is one of the many Names of God. It is true that plurality is implied, but that does not mean that Lucifer is included. Christian theologians have drawn bases for Trinitarian thought from this, and Jewish Kabbalists have their own mystical interpretations for the choice of this Name. The Godhead has 'degrees of Emanation,' form 'Ain,' to 'Ain Sof,' to 'Ain Sof Aur' - That which is Unnameable to The Limitless to the Limitless Light, and then to Kether (Crown), the first Sphere on the way to creation. The Godhead transcends anything we comprehend as 'personal,' and living dynamism, or relationship in the Divine Essence is sometimes described as multipersonal centers - like Ezekiel's 'wheels within wheels' covered with eyes (which also symbolizes omniscience).

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: MY interperatation of the Christian God [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #890301 - 09/18/02 04:40 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Well, you say that Lucifer is not an equal, but I'm still going to disagree with you.

As I have stated, God is not flawless, and I do believe that one of his flaws may have been that he is conceited, believing himself superior to his peers.

Or at least wanting us to think that he is King Shit.

I have not read the entire Bible but I have read bits and pieces of the Old Testament. One of my favorite stories is that of Job. In this story, we see Lucifer questioning God's experiment. We see that God is proud, and eager to prove his experiment a success to Lucifer.

Why would he be so anxious to prove himself to something that he, himself created?

--------------------

Invisiblemr crisper

#890404 - 09/18/02 05:38 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

Why would he be so anxious to prove himself to something that he, himself created?

ive yet to experience being a parent, but i assume most responsible loving fathers would behave as such around their kids. most people don't want their kids to think of them as fkn assholes.

don't forget you are simply applying human thought patterns to the situation.
the king shit god you mention sounds more like a middle-man. maybe you got the telescope pointing in the right direction, but try adjusting the focus.

btw - in an earlier post you said the story of the garden of eden is a fable.
calling it a fable implies there is a moral or lesson to glean from it.
how deep do you wanna go?

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: MY interperatation of the Christian God [Re: mr crisper]
    #890462 - 09/18/02 06:19 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I used the wrong word. I meant myth.

It just reminded me of one of those stories that I read in third grade reading lessons, with the stories of how the elephant got his trunk or why a bird can fly or why a serpant has no legs...

If there is a moral to the story it is certainly that God is not omniscient, as he did not know that Adam and Eve would eat the fruit.

I apply human thought to God because I think that his thoughts are humanesque. It is our psyche that was created in his image, in my opinion.

--------------------

InvisibleLallafa
p_g monocle
 User Gallery

Loc: underbelly
    #890557 - 09/18/02 07:07 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

"As proof of this, in the Bible, God refers to 'us' a lot and 'our'. "

yes, because we all know that god wrote the bible

--------------------
my tax dollars going to more hits of acid for charles manson

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: MY interperatation of the Christian God [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #890571 - 09/18/02 07:13 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Please note that the plurality is not consistant through Genesis.

1:1 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

7:1 And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation.

Also note that the author does not refer to God as "they".

2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

When God talks to man, he uses "He."

When he is talking to other dieties about his creation he speaks of "us" and "our."

Implying multiple dieties.

From Job:

2:1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD. 2:2 And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Satan came also among them. This is a distinction that Satan is not one of the sons of God.

--------------------

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Re: MY interperatation of the Christian God [Re: Lallafa]
    #890578 - 09/18/02 07:17 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I was referring to how he is quoted.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder