Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
The Golden Age is almost here!
    #6758341 -

I really see no evidence though, at this site or in the world in general. There's some very enlightening posting going on here but as soon as someone disagrees the tempers start to flair.:thumbup: I'm sure there  are some here who have some great ideas for society at large. It would all run smooth until someone disagreed with them, and then, sooner or later, they would start killing. For there own good of course. And shit this is arguably one of the most enlightened forums around the globe. But if you really look at it here it's fucking borderline insane.:lol: I think it's funny that some of us actually entertain the idea of a global human awakening. In my experience it's still the old 2 per cent that have their shit straight and act on it. (of course I'm one of them, you needn't of asked)  :imspecial:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Golden Age is almost here! [Re: Icelander]
    #6758359 -

The Golden Age will be ushered in by president Mickey.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Golden Age is almost here! [Re: Icelander]
    #6758377 -

Glad you brought that up:)
I most definitely feel that there's no chance for a human global awakening to happen.
However, a micro-global one would be nice and possible :lol:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Golden Age is almost here! [Re: Icelander]
    #6758409 -

Man, I attended a poetry reading at my local university and the first thing that smacked me in the face was the smugness that their ideas about power were right and everyone else was wrong. Not all of them were like this, just the ones obsessed with revolution. Their conviction was to the point that I'm sure, while they would maintain they're morally strong and wouldn't commit immoral acts in their society, if push came to shove they would suppress dissenters by any means necessary. It was a microcosm of the effects of power.

Edited by FocusHawaii (04/07/07 04:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Golden Age is almost here! [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6758424 -

However, a micro-global one would be nice and possible :lol:

I suggest we take over Fiji or New Zealand. Kick the locals off and hang out and be enlightened. I'll be King.:hehehe:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Golden Age is almost here! [Re: Icelander]
    #6758432 -

An Icelander King of Fiji? Absurd.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Golden Age is almost here! [Re: Silversoul]
    #6758439 -

Silversoul said:
The Golden Age will be ushered in by president Mickey.





I had Micky Rat as a skeleton, tattooed on my arm (with a hard on:tongue:), many years ago. I was a (more) angry young man then and saw the image of Micky Mouse as the lie we tell ourselves about Amerika. Micky Rat was the truth underneath


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Golden Age is almost here! [Re: Icelander]
    #6758443 -

Good luck on your quest :cool:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Golden Age is almost here! [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6758448 -

Thank you. :thumbup: You really are sweet.:heart:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Golden Age is almost here! [Re: Icelander]
    #6758464 -

Icelander: I think it's funny that some of us actually entertain the idea of a global human awakening. In my experience it's still the old 2 per cent that have their shit straight and act on it.

Are you familiar with the work of Clare Graves? If you've ever read anything on spiral dynamics you are, you just might not know that Graves was the fellow behind it all, Beck and Wilber tended to take the spotlight there. Anyway, the issue of 2% comes up in the spiral dynamics theory, the idea being that "2%" of the population is as you present them -- basically the cutting edge that has their shit together (or at least, thinks they do). I've been inclined to take a different perspective, thinking that we all possess that edge within us, it's just that we only act on it 2% of the time.

As for global awakenings... I'm reminded in this moment of a conversation I had with a woman who was dedicated to world peace; it was what she wanted more than anything. I shared with her a conversation I'd had with another fellow who was fairly certain that world peace would only come about as the result of a massive human apocalypse that wiped out viritually all of humanity. Then, and only then, would the "world" be at peace.

Most of us don't want world peace, we want human peace. The important thing is to be careful what you wish for.


.

Edited by spiritualemerg (04/07/07 10:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Golden Age is almost here! [Re: spiritualemerg]
    #6758481 -

I've been inclined to take a different perspective, thinking that we all possess that edge within us, it's just that we only act on it 2% of the time.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

That figure of 2% was just off the top of me head. I'll bet it's pretty close though.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Golden Age is almost here! [Re: Icelander]
    #6758563 -

Quote:
I suggest we take over Fiji or New Zealand. Kick the locals off and hang out and be enlightened. I'll be King



Awesome! I'll be general of the Army. This is necessary because we will eventually be compelled by the will of God to spread enlightenment beyond our borders, and not everyone will appreciate that at first so some force may be needed. Now we need someone to be in charge of the internment camps for reprogramming the unenlightened...for their own good of course...


--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Golden Age is almost here! [Re: Icelander]
    #6758568 -

Quote:
Micky Rat was the truth underneath


That we are all spindly rats with hard-ons?  :grin:


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Golden Age is almost here! [Re: Icelander]
    #6758583 -

It's a challenge to find the balance of tolerance and firmness. History seems to show that some degree of moral norms are necessary for a society to function and survive. So there would have to be some way to deter people from acting against the interests of others or society. Without this, I would imagine there would be something akin to anarchy, and not necessarily in a good sense.

So I think the ideology of some present societies (at least in their original conceptions) are decent, but the leaders have abused and corrupted them so much that it's just dangerous and laughable these days.

Quote:
I'm sure there are some here who have some great ideas for society at large. It would all run smooth until someone disagreed with them, and then, sooner or later, they would start killing.



I was starting to think about this in another thread...how much people can identify with their philosophies and views. Once you identify with those, then any time they are challenged, the innocent and friendly challenge can be perceived as a direct affront to the individual.


--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Golden Age is almost here! [Re: dblaney]
    #6758593 -

:thumbup:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Golden Age is almost here! [Re: dblaney]
    #6758597 -

Quote:
the innocent and friendly challenge can be perceived as a direct affront to the individual.


true :thumbup:


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: The Golden Age is almost here! [Re: dblaney]
    #6758670 -

dblaney: I was starting to think about this in another thread...how much people can identify with their philosophies and views. Once you identify with those, then any time they are challenged, the innocent and friendly challenge can be perceived as a direct affront to the individual.

I would suggest that may have something to do with the structure of the community itself in which the term "debate" frequently comes up. This desire to "debate" imposes a structure upon the conversation in which an attempt is made for a clear "winner" to emerge. However, there is also a certain degree of sharing that seems to go on. Sharing does not require a winner or loser. There may be some questioning that takes place within conversations that are sharing-oriented, (i.e., When you said that you experienced "purple" did you mean "puce"?) and there may be some comparisons drawn (i.e., Something like that happened to me once too, except...) but winning or losing is not the focus of sharing-oriented conversations.

As a general rule, debate tends to close down and restrict conversation; sharing opens it up. I'm not terribly keen on debates although I do make exceptions. For example, anyone who attempts to present me with a biased, stereotypical presentation of what schizophrenia is or could be, or what "schizophrenics" are or could be, or why "schizophrenics" should be locked up, held at arms length, shunned, and treated as an "other than" is quite likely to find themselves embroiled in a debate. By the time I'm done, they'll likely have a different perspective on that particular process.

Aside from that, I'm keen on sharing-oriented conversations. They're far more informative.


  • Silence



    .

  • Edited by spiritualemerg (04/08/07 02:06 AM)

    Extras: Filter Print Post Top
    Re: The Golden Age is almost here! [Re: Icelander]
        #6758866 -

    When the 70 something year old Swami Kriyananda was kicked off Ananda (the spiritual farming community he founded some 30 years back) for sexual misconduct after 50 years of meditation, yoga, kriyas, chanting and devotion; you should have seen the 'peaceful' vegetarian community located in a near-perfect rural surrounding, erupt in a major power struggle complete with in-fighting, lying, gossip and back-stabbing.

    *sigh*

    There is no escape.

    There is no escape.


    --------------------

    Extras: Filter Print Post Top
    Re: The Golden Age is almost here! [Re: Icelander]
        #6758922 -

    Icelander said:
    However, a micro-global one would be nice and possible :lol:

    I suggest we take over Fiji or New Zealand. Kick the locals off and hang out and be enlightened. I'll be King.:hehehe:



    HAHAHAhahha :laugh:    oh man... yes.  where do we start?


    --------------------
    The best way to live
    is to be like water
    For water benefits all things
    and goes against none of them
    It provides for all people
    and even cleanses those places
    a man is loath to go
    In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

    Extras: Filter Print Post Top
    Re: The Golden Age is almost here! [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
        #6758950 -

    Similar thing happened at San Fran zen center


    --------------------
    "What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

    "Belief is a beautiful armor
    But makes for the heaviest sword"
    - John Mayer

    Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

    "This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

    Extras: Filter Print Post Top
    Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

    Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


    Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
    * Bigotry and stinginess are affronts to God! OrgoneConclusion 426 4 10/26/13 12:27 PM
    by NetDiver
    * enlightenment or imagination? AbeZard 2,624 9 08/08/01 07:04 PM
    by Ishmael
    * more shrooms=more enlightenment? buhkahh 2,159 14 02/22/04 01:41 PM
    by SpecialEd
    * To all those who don't understand enlightenment.
    ( 1 2 all )
    tekramrepus 3,829 35 12/05/03 08:47 AM
    by kaiowas
    * Enlightenment Cant be reached
    ( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
    EvilGir 9,583 83 04/17/16 09:33 PM
    by circastes
    * Enlightenment: The fast Way.
    ( 1 2 3 all )
    Nomad 6,857 46 06/28/02 08:13 PM
    by Catalysis
    * the most enlightening experience of my life
    ( 1 2 3 all )
    Jenny 5,016 46 11/23/02 02:38 AM
    by Strumpling
    * enlightenment
    ( 1 2 3 all )
    rintin 3,772 44 10/15/03 05:31 PM
    by Keyannki

    Extra information
    You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
    HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
    Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
    2,106 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 20 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
    [ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
    Search this thread:

    Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

    Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.