Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Evolutionary Spirituality
    #6472826 - 01/18/07 10:09 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

There is a common sentiment in many traditions to seek the "authentic" original version of that tradition. I see this as fallacy. I believe that the truth is progressively revealed over time through discourse and syncretism. Some people are offended by the notion that the Abrahamic tradition was influenced by Sumerian, Egyptian, Persian, and Greek ideas, but I think that is its virtue. I believe that the truth is revealed through memetic evolution, and that like biological evolution, it is never complete, but is a continual process of selecting useful memes while discarding harmful ones. No wonder fundamentalists are so opposed to evolution, since they themselves refuse to evolve.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: Evolutionary Spirituality [Re: Silversoul]
    #6472847 - 01/18/07 10:20 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Your write-up poses this question to my brain: Why are people so worked up about finding "ultimate truth" or the totality of life through religion/spirituality, when all that may not be available to us [yet] or at least, not in/on the frequency(ies) we are tuned into?

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Evolutionary Spirituality [Re: demiu5]
    #6472861 - 01/18/07 10:28 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I think it's part of human nature to seek. At the root of it, we seek for complete fulfillment and satisfaction. I mean, just imagine if you were completely and utterly fulfilled and satisfied. Why would you bother seeking out or doing anything at all? Yet the more sophisticated our seeking and searching becomes, we begin to realize that there is nothing that will give us lasting fulfillment and satisfaction in this completely transient world.

Many people then turn to religion or spirituality, which is a more subtle form of seeking and searching in order to find the 'ultimate truth' or whatever it is that we conceive will bring us that lasting fulfillment.

Anyways, it seems to me that that which seeks is what is being sought.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Re: Evolutionary Spirituality [Re: dblaney]
    #6472903 - 01/18/07 10:43 AM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dblanely said:

"stop looking, and you will find"

?

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Evolutionary Spirituality [Re: Silversoul]
    #6473288 - 01/18/07 12:44 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

There is always more to be revealed. Every time we climb higher up the mountain, we see more of what is there, that couldn't see and were not even aware of being, at ground level or plateaus on the way up.

I think its good that wee seem to come to rest at plateaus, take it all in, and catch our breath before we move on.

Every time we get a camera further out into space, we see more of what has always been there.

Consider what you see with a primitive telescope and then, some of the images captured with the Hubble. Who knew there were such things as galaxies and so many of them. What will be revealed when we developed the technology to see better into the invisible wavelengths. Some is already developed and we are seeing even more that cannot be seem with the naked eye.

Same with our understandings in and of spirit. There is always more to be revealed as we better develop our ability and position to see more and seek to see more of it.

We do get that feeling of, "I got it all figured out". We often do within a limited framework however. There is always more to be revealed beyond that frame. You can map out what you see from a plateau on the mountain, or what you see with the telescope and get as  complete a picture as that lens or plateau can give you. There is always more beyond it though.

The beyond is always within us as well. One can just as easily seek sitting still while exploring in meditative states.

Some think that getting to a place of blissful peace in itself is the end. Where you find an end, you also have a new beginning and more is yet revealed.

Anytime we come to a place where we think, this is it and there can't possibly be any more to it, we may be right in a limited sense, if we are positioned within the limitations of a fixed framework, lens, or at a fixed plateau.

People forget that we are always working within limited frameworks until we start busting down walls and opening doors and windows, that we are working within the limited scope and range of a fixed lens, until we start developing higher powered ones and moving the angle around, and that we are standing at one elevation, until we start climbing higher.

Demius, it is cool that you understand where frequencies come into play. Like when science became able to tune into the invisible light spectrum and infrared range, they saw more. How many frequencies are there abuzz in the invisible spectrum? Who knows and what they will and can reveal to us about what has  been there, once we tune into them?

As the tools of science keep evolving and become more highly developed and higher powered to reveal more to us, we too can become more highly extra sensory developed and highly empowered with more light/love energy and have more revealed to us personally.

There are ends within limitations only. Beyond them, there are new beginnings. You may come to know all there is to know about whats in your bathroom. If you never leave it, you will think that your bathroom is it and that you know all there is to know. Fortunately, some of us usually get curious enough about the windows and doors and start opening up new things that we thought were closed up to us for good and wondering about where the water is coming from that pours out of the faucet when we turn that knob, and how a flick of the switch can create light in the room at night.

I don't think that there is any rush to keep developing. I think its important to take rests and just enjoy the view and contemplate what it all means to you and what you can find of use to take with you when you are ready to move on again.

When you get in tune with the cycles of nature and the cosmos, you will know what your own sense of timing is. People out of tune or getting to cozy in one spot, can find the tide rising over their heads and become forced to move to higher ground. People moving to fast, will find, that rock they saw back there and blew off as being useless to their personal wants and needs at the time, would've come in handy up the road for busting up a coconut when they got thirsty, and so are forced to go back to get it. Had they stayed there long enough to feel thirsty, they would've appreciated the rocks use before they left that spot and had known, to take it with them.

Timing is everything, watch for feeling rushed and slow it down or getting to cozy in one spot. Start feeling for it and when you get the feel of it, and pay attention to it life's dramas will cease. Dramas usually erupt when we get to cozy and don't want to budge or are in to much of a hurry and don't want to just stop and cool our jets and let it be as it is for the time being. Life gets peaceful and enjoyable when you are synced up in right timing with it.

That was all pleasant to write and remind myself of. Thanks for posting this topic Silver.

:peace: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #6473481 - 01/18/07 01:43 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

demius said:
Quote:

dblanely said:

?

Yeah something like that I guess. Although once you stop looking, there won't be anything to find, since you aren't looking for anything.

:grin:

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisiblethatiAM
Stranger

Re: Evolutionary Spirituality [Re: dblaney]
    #6474152 - 01/18/07 05:35 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dblaney said:
Quote:

demius said:
Quote:

dblanely said:

?

once you stop looking, there won't be anything to find, since you aren't looking for anything.
:grin:

perfect.

Offlinenolongerinuse
Male User Gallery
Re: Evolutionary Spirituality [Re: thatiAM]
    #6474175 - 01/18/07 05:43 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

.... so you'll have yourself, and thats all you need to be concerned with.

Gods all like "Welcome to life, now just live it."

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Re: Evolutionary Spirituality [Re: nolongerinuse]
    #6474199 - 01/18/07 05:50 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I think the problem is that throughout the process of things having been made/becoming easier (from the discovery of fire and the wheel, to using cars and airplanes...don't read as a human-monkey evolution, but as evolutions of thought that have happened), we've wanted to define what living is; because certainly, living is so many different things to one person/group of people and so many more to another, that who's to say what is and/or isn't living, as opposed to just breathing, accquiring food, shelter (of some form), reproducing (maybe even loving/sharing), which are the basics of living, therefore it is living.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #6474229 - 01/18/07 06:00 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Living is the experience of the interaction amongst ourselves and reality (of course, we exist as aspects of reality). The specifics of that experience could involve anything that we decide.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineNoveltyhead
Psychonaut
Male

Loc: Austin, Tx
Re: Evolutionary Spirituality [Re: nolongerinuse]
    #6474255 - 01/18/07 06:06 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

"Every time we get a camera further out into space, we see more of what has always been there."

As I see it there is an inherent problem here. Through ordinary means when we gaze at the sky we are looking directly in to the past. The universe may not have been this way for years or thousands of years, because it takes time for light to travel to the observer. In the chaotic transient universe we live in this time may have been sufficient enough for the universe to have seen great change. I find this very interesting. maybe we can apply physical laws to the workings of the cosmos as we see it years in the past but who is to say that what we take for permanent laws of nature might have been altered in our given time frame.

The horror/science fiction writer HP Lovecraft paints a picture of this beautifully (though with a quite negative and maddening connotation) In Lovecraft's stories the rules of physics are only properties of our immediate surroundings in space and the forces acting on the outer realms are terrifyingly alien. His view of the cosmos is really very psychedelic if you get into it and many of the creatures there and their mannerisms seem to resemble Mckenna's self transforming linguistic machine elves who dance existence into being.

--------------------
"Its a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"--Lewis Carroll

Pippin: I didn't think it would end this way.
Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path . . . one that we must all take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass...
Gandalf: ...And then you see it.
Pippin: What, Gandalf? See what?
Gandalf: White shores . . . and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise.
Pippin: Well, that isn't so bad.
Gandalf: [Softly:] No... No it isn't.

"The universe is an intelligence test"--Timothy leary

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Evolutionary Spirituality [Re: Noveltyhead]
    #6474291 - 01/18/07 06:16 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Great post. :thumbup:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineNoveltyhead
Psychonaut
Male

Re: Evolutionary Spirituality [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6474338 - 01/18/07 06:30 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

thanks! I do my best. Its nice to know that there is a little niche on the internet were like minds can converse like this. unfortunatly i need to go now but I expect to be back in an hour or so. untill then Be well!

--------------------

Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path . . . one that we must all take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass...
Gandalf: White shores . . . and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #6474484 - 01/18/07 07:25 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Every time we get a camera further out into space, we see more of what has always been there.

The "always been there" wording foible hit me after I posted it. I didn't bother changing it because I figured people would know what I meant, which was to say that, when we develop greater capabilities and power to understand things with, we continue to become aware of things we didn't with just the use of our 5 physical senses. The process doesn't seem to end if we don't let it. Just as every answer can spawn new questions.

I realize that the distant stars as we see them now havn't always been that way. :lol:

You brought out some more interesting considerations  for us to enjoy. Thanks.

:peace: :heart:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineNoveltyhead
Psychonaut
Male

Re: Evolutionary Spirituality [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #6474496 - 01/18/07 07:30 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

This may be a bit further out, but perhaps it is possible to view the stars directly. Is anyone familiar with bells non locality theory? What Einstein called spooky action at a distance. It seems to be a fairly convincing quantum mechanical explanation for clairvoyance etc. I don't presume to understand quantum physics but it seems plausible from a lay perspective

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6474514 - 01/18/07 07:35 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Spooky action?

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineNoveltyhead
Psychonaut
Male

#6474535 - 01/18/07 07:40 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

lol. Thats what he called it. Its basically a theory explaining objects effecting each other directly though no particular medium. For example a particle millions of miles away with no real contact with your body has the potential to spontaneously (or so it seems) put a force on it. This is done through no known space, Its like hyperspatial instantaneous information transfer. thus the spooky.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6474564 - 01/18/07 07:49 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

That is interesting, moreso that it was something Einstein contemplated (it seems like a quantam theory-type notion or something). Has it ever been observed?

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineNoveltyhead
Psychonaut
Male

#6474585 - 01/18/07 07:54 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

It wasn't actually an Idea of Einsteins. those were just his words to describe it. I believe successful experiments have been done but I'm not positive. I think its fairly sure that it is a real phenomenon but its implications are more nebulous. there is a step from saying this happens to saying it proves telekinesis, clairvoyance, clairaudience, distant viewing, etc.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#6474618 - 01/18/07 08:02 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Without speculation on that bunch of stuff, it is still fascinating to contemplate. What would bring the energy to transfer in such a manner, and why would two points that share no relation as far as we can tell act in such a manner? Stuff like that. :stoned:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom