Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
.
    #5953340 -

Post deleted by soulcircus<p>Reason for deletion: .

Edited by soulcircus (03/31/08 05:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosis [Re: soulcircus]
    #5953462 -

"Cognitize" isn't a word; do you mean "cognize"?  Do you mean to say that psychosis is a state that can ensue from attempting too much to directly perceive your internal self perceiving external stimuli?  A little clarification is in order.

:confused:


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosis *DELETED* [Re: Lion]
    #5953680 -

Post deleted by soulcircus

Reason for deletion: .


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosis [Re: soulcircus]
    #5954010 -

The reflexive (self-reflection) and self-analytical processes of consciousness are not responsible for psychosis. Fatigue and confusion can certainly result, but psychosis - either transient psychotic episodes or full-blown thought disorders like schizophrenia - are not the result of 'driving oneself crazy' by trying to understand psychological phenomena.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosis [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5954039 -

is psychosis a panicky messed up state of mind where a person re-acts compulsively and frantically to contextual cues that not everyone is sensitive to (i.e. maybe imaginary sensory feed)?

at lesser intensities is it a panic disorder?


--------------------
:brainfart: _ :finger:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosis [Re: redgreenvines]
    #5954158 -

No, those criteria alone do not describe the phenomenon of psychosis. Psychosis has different faces. Yes, one form may come across as panic in the case of paranoid persecutory delusions ('They're coming to get me.') On the pother hand, paranoia not only manifests as persecution. To be pursued means that you must be 'very special' so delusions of grandeur is the other face, and it can exude the confidence that characterizes all extremely charismatic cult leaders.

Schizophrenia is a psychotic disorder, but there are different types (even though they've all been renamed repeatedly for 100 years). Catatonics remain completely immobile and can be posed like a doll for hours, and they can turn manic. Undifferentiated shcizophrenics (once called Hebephrenics) demonstrate silliness, 'word salad' of meaningless words and expressions. On the other hand, there may well be a meaning as R.D. Laing once illustrated in his book The Divided Self in quoting a fabulous explanation of psychotic language by turn-of-the-century psychiatrist Kraepelin.

A panic disorder is not on a continuum with psychosis. Panic disorders are quite treatable, with hypnosis and with psychological techniques, as well as meds. Psychosis is serious. Even though transient psychoses may actually be part of an initiatory process as the studies of classical shamanism suggest, as well as the work of Jung, schizophrenia is a chronic condition characterized by gradual mental disintegration. Fortunately a lot of symptoms can be managed medically, but if someone claims to have recovered from schizophrenia, it wasn't schizophrenia they had.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosis *DELETED* [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5954234 -

Post deleted by dorkus

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosis [Re: dorkus]
    #5961693 -

I understand what you mean.
I would say, that the recognition of basic cognitive processes leads one to some basic principles of nature, which can be recognized as psychosis, if the surrounding cultural model of understanding lies in discrepancy with it.
First and foremost 'associations' I will have to state, as they were still a sign of 'psychosis' a few years ago.

Cognition and psychosis are very strongly related. The process of cognition can give you psychosis, the cognition of cognition regularly gives you a way out of it.


--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
......................................................
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosis [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #5961701 -

i think the concept of "psychosis" stems mainly from constant focus upon your awareness in comparison to the norms and standards of society/sanity/normalcy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosis [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5962557 -

Reading this makes me realize I've had a few psychotic episodes in my life. The last one being after a high dose mushroom trip a few years ago. I never "came down" from my trip and I kept "seeing it all" everywhere. Voices and images everywere. Anyway, I was terrified, so I tripped again a month later on a much smaller dose, and was able to finally reintegrate and return to a "normal" (though DRAMATICALLY CHANGED reality).

When I was younger, I had lots of episodes where I would just suddenly "snap" and go on a rampage of breaking objects, chasing people with knives and screaming. Once I snapped, I would do anything I could to hurt the target of my rage. I did many awful things not worth mentioning. It's like I couldn't stop myself, although I could see what was happening. After September 11th, (during one of these episodes) I believed that my husbend (then-boyfriend) was sent by the government to "figure me out." I even thought he was going to suffocate me in my sleep. I couldn't trust ANYONE.

I just always thought of these episodes as "anxiety." I would get so worked up, and then just snap.

It ashames me now that I lived like that for years.

So what is this? These out of control episodes stopped after I had my "mental breakdown" on mushrooms when "everything became clear." It's like I was remade or something.

So how does psychosis come and go like this? If that's what I experienced.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosis [Re: MOTH]
    #5963321 -

I couldn't say for sure from sitting where I am, but certain forms of shamanic initiation which lead to a radical reformation of personality, often with enhanced intuitive or paranormal abilities are considered to be psychotic from the perspective of the medical model. Decompensation of the psyche is a disintegration, not a transcendence, so psychosis can be a horrible fate. From an initiatory perspective, something positive results.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosis *DELETED* [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5966159 -

Post deleted by soulcircus

Reason for deletion: .


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosis [Re: soulcircus]
    #5967655 -

Read Mircea Eliade's Shamanism: Archaic Techniques of Ecstasy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosis [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5970666 -

Neurotics build castles in the sky. Psychotics live in them.
Neurotics can't deal with the real world, to varying degrees. Psychotics can't discern it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychosis [Re: soulcircus]
    #5972037 -

soulcircus said:
Attempting to cognize what you cognize? and as simple as that

any thoughts?



Re-cognize?!


  :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Psychedelics, Meditation and Psychosis? cuongtbh 2,389 3 05/19/11 12:58 PM
by Forever White Belt
* some thoughts on schizophrenia
( 1 2 all )
wordreality 3,721 20 10/06/03 10:28 AM
by fireworks_god
* linkage between the use of Psilocybin Mushrooms and development of Schizophrenia and other illnesses
( 1 2 all )
Softmachinethird 10,718 39 06/24/12 08:20 PM
by Jwlst
* Is psychosis a spiritual illness
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Almond Flour 4,108 64 11/05/12 02:42 AM
by Sophistic Radiance
* Schizophrenia
( 1 2 3 all )
OrgoneConclusion 6,881 58 10/19/09 03:32 PM
by soldatheero
* Belief in God: A form of schizophrenia?!
( 1 2 3 all )
Northernsoul 6,841 47 08/26/09 12:01 PM
by OrgoneConclusion
* Psychosis/fucked up through meditation/yoga/pranayama
( 1 2 3 all )
Epigallo 9,019 52 04/01/07 04:21 PM
by NiamhNyx
* Is schizophrenia spirtual?
( 1 2 3 all )
Schwammel 4,863 51 08/12/12 06:22 AM
by Icelander

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,989 topic views. 0 members, 6 guests and 68 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.