Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Intelligence
    #5738955 -

We are all intelligent  :grin:

Hey guys, this is my first time to post in this forum.  I figured the science and technology forum is a good forum for me to start posting some of my thouights because I am very intuitive in that area, but this forum interests me even more.  :grin: It's just not as easy to respond to all of the complex thoughts that people encounter.
There are alot of free thinkers here.  I like this forum alot.  A place to exchange your thoughts without facing direct critism and you have as much time as you want to post your COMPLETE thought. I don't know how many times somebody asks me something, and I answer, and later I think "I should've said this" thinking I lead the person the wrong direction.

Although as I was reading through here, there are lots of complex discussions that would take me a week to read through and even longer to write responses. 

I thank God for this forum.  As silly as that may sound to some, he is watching all of us post our thoughts, mainly discussing him.  He's enjoying this greatly.  He loves diversity.  Thank you people  :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Intelligence [Re: AlienMix]
    #5738971 -

AlienMix said:
We are all intelligent  :grin:




No human is intelligent enough to post in such a forum, yet we all do it for fun, and some to feel smart.


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Intelligence [Re: AlienMix]
    #5739053 -

I thank God for this forum. As silly as that may sound to some, he is watching all of us post our thoughts, mainly discussing him. He's enjoying this greatly. He loves diversity.

Thank you for speaking Gods mind. Care to back some of this with some real evidence?

We are all intelligent here.

So prove it now.

And welcome to the Shroomery. :wink:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Intelligence [Re: Icelander]
    #5739070 -

Icelander said:
Care to back some of this with some real evidence?




There is no real evidence. Evidence has a scale of strenght of conviction. A fool would get convinced by anything, while intelligent people need to be more convinced.
Every convinced man, a fool or not calls his level at which he gets convinced "real evidence"
But in the end it's all about persuasion and getting convinced


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Intelligence [Re: Icelander]
    #5739120 -

Care to come up with evidence against God's existence?

"Show us a sign!"

This is the tired old mantra of the God haters. You demand proof while holding a belief system that proof of anything is impossible. How about something original huh?

Icelander, prove to me one thing, anything. I say you can't and you know you can't. So stop demanding proof when you do not believe that proof is possible. It's just plain annoying.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Intelligence [Re: AlienMix]
    #5739157 -

As silly as that may sound to some, he is watching all of us post our thoughts, mainly discussing him. He's enjoying this greatly.

Wow, I didn't know they had DSL in heaven. Does God's router do WiFi?  :smirk:


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Intelligence [Re: shroomydan]
    #5739177 -

Teste, teste!!  :eek:

Remember:

Quote:
If you choose to post in this forum be prepared to have your ideas and opinions challenged, refuted, disputed, rebutted, analyzed, shredded, pooh-poohed, and yes - even supported. If having your beliefs, opinions, and positions scrutinized critically makes you uncomfortable, this is not the forum for you.



Whether you find it "annoying" or not, the burden of proof is on the claimant, not the challenger.  If you claim the existence of a supernatural being is factual, as opposed to purely subjective and speculative, then you should be able to back up this claim with solid evidence.  If not, then the factual claim must be re-worded to explain it as a personal belief.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Intelligence [Re: shroomydan]
    #5739179 -

shroomydan said:
Care to come up with evidence against God's existence?

"Show us a sign!"

This is the tired old mantra of the God haters. You demand proof while holding a belief system that proof of anything is impossible. How about something original huh?

Icelander, prove to me one thing, anything. I say you can't and you know you can't. So stop demanding proof when you do not believe that proof is possible. It's just plain annoying.



You're annoying because you're a mod and you don't even know that in debate claims need proofs.

I'm not claiming there is no God. I don't know. And your claim I'm a God hater is just your immense ignorance showing. :tongue:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Intelligence [Re: Veritas]
    #5739187 -

Veritas said:
the burden of proof is on the claimant, not the challenger.



there is no burden, some people believe others don't, no need for proving anything or convincing anyone


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Intelligence [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #5739200 -

Then it goes into the mysticism forum. :wink:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Intelligence [Re: Icelander]
    #5739208 -

Icelander said:
Then it goes into the mysticism forum. :wink:



what's the difference between mysticism forum and science forum?
In one of them people are harder to get convinced of something, but we all have our conviction price, and every human being can be convinced of a lie


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Intelligence [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #5739225 -

How do you know that every human being can be convinced of a lie? You would have had to have met them all.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Intelligence [Re: Icelander]
    #5739238 -

Icelander said:
How do you know that every human being can be convinced of a lie? You would have had to have met them all.



I don't need to.
The question you need to ask is, can any human have so many brain cells to consider every variable in the universe at the same time?
No!

Therefore, every human can overlook something


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Intelligence [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #5739285 -

Overlook and being convinced of a lie are two different things. If one holds the opinion that they can know nothing for sure it might be hard to be convinced of anything.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Intelligence [Re: Icelander]
    #5739310 -

Icelander said:
Overlook and being convinced of a lie are two different things. If one holds the opinion that they can know nothing for sure it might be hard to be convinced of anything.



well that's called wisedom

But knowing that, destroys the concept of proof alltogether


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Intelligence [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #5739323 -

Not for me. Look at this! I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Intelligence [Re: Icelander]
    #5739378 -

Icelander said:
Not for me. Look at this! I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions.



As defined by dictionary.com proof is "argument that compels the mind to accept an assertion as true", therefore if your mind can not take anything as absolute truth, proof does not exist


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Intelligence [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #5739400 -

True. Absolute proof does not exist to a finate mind in an infinate universe. That comes from my Taoist nature. But for the purposes of everyday living I use personal experience as a proof.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Intelligence [Re: Icelander]
    #5740656 -

hah, I just made a post basicly to say hello and introduce myself. It's crazy what some of you have responded to this. I did not expect to provide any proof for anything i said, hah. Please loose your ego just a bit. I am who I am and no one can change that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Intelligence [Re: AlienMix]
    #5740660 -

how am I to prove we're intelligent. Do you know the meaning of being intelligent and intelligence?

Edited by AlienMix (06/12/06 03:07 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Bush Wants Kids Taught 'Intelligent Design' In Biology Class
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
DiploidM 14,668 102 08/10/05 12:54 AM
by MushmanTheManic
* Convincing Facts
( 1 2 all )
BabaOreilly 1,511 21 10/03/05 11:55 PM
by Fospher
* Religious Belief Inversely Proportional to Intelligence
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
OrgoneConclusion 15,158 221 07/23/08 11:07 AM
by geokills
* There isn't intelligent life on other planets
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Dogomush 5,860 79 02/06/06 03:44 PM
by TheGus
* One of the most convincing arguments against the existence of God...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
deCypher 3,349 62 03/03/12 07:26 AM
by plasma21
* How can humans deem themselves as "intelligent life".. ekomstop 1,311 15 09/23/04 05:29 PM
by Droz
* retards as super-intelligent controllers truekimbo2 848 9 10/10/05 08:09 AM
by OldWoodSpecter
* Race And Intelligence
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
DiploidM 18,874 199 09/28/05 08:14 AM
by crunchytoast

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,319 topic views. 2 members, 2 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.