Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: tak]
    #536245 - 01/30/02 06:33 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I saw a television program on that a long time ago. i don't remember the specifics, but if you don't like cats, human body language dictates that you look away. we usually look away if we don't want contact. Cats are the other way around. Looking away is seen as an invitation.

And we communicate on many levels, verbally, bodily chemically (chemicals released into the air, picked up by our noses), and telepathically. The situation with humans seems to be that these other "senses" have been pushed into the subconscious, so we don't have such a direct experience of it, instead we get a vague feeling.

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: waveyhaze]
    #536357 - 01/30/02 08:57 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Wow I am completely not psychic. I did worse than chance on most of them. Oh well, need to practice more I guess. It doesn't seem like a good test though because it asks you to predict completely random events done by the computer. Its not like we can envision the workings of the electrons in the circuits as they make their decision. If we had actual objects to visualize I think people would do better.

OfflineSurf Bum
Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #536376 - 01/30/02 09:22 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

My tom cat hates to be picked up or approached, but one day he was walking by this big lady and she just reached down and picked him up and sat him on her lap and he didn't bite her or try to get away or anything, possibly he sensed that she meant no harm compared to when i try to pet him with malicious intent to annoy him. plus i watched this show on TLC where a group was monitored with all those little patch thingys that tell like heart beat and electric mojo or something, and they were watching a computer screen with images, the images varied from kittens to things like starving children and such, the point was that moments before actually seeing the pictures there body showed the emotion, it was very odd and proof of peoples 6th sense to a small extent *i think the children tested actually did better then the adults

--------------------

OfflineBuzzDoctor
Runs withscissors
Male

Loc: Atlantis
Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: Surf Bum]
    #539575 - 02/03/02 07:30 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I would love to believe in all of this stuff, really I would. Unfortunately there is no scientific (just opened myself up to flaming) proof that it exists. I do believe that ESP and such happens. But I don't believe that it is something that can be controlled. If so, why on Sept 10 wasn't anyone saying "HEY HEY HEY!"? I have had dreams that came true to amazing accuracy, but it's not like I or anyone else can pick the right lotto numbers. Until its proven in a lab or otherwise scientific environment, I don't believe that it can be controlled. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but that it can't be called upon whenever needed.
Peace
Buzz

--------------------
Is the glass half-full or half-empty? I say it is both.

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: BuzzDoctor]
    #539643 - 02/03/02 08:35 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

>I do believe that ESP and such happens. But I don't believe that it is something that can be controlled. If so, why on Sept 10 wasn't anyone saying "HEY HEY HEY!"?

Well, there probably were a lot of people saying "HEY HEY HEY!", but nobody listens to those people. They're out there every day warning us about this and that, but they're generally regarded as crazy. (Most of them probably are.)

As a matter of fact, I've been rambling about stuff just like sept. 11 for months, maybe even a year. When someone woke me up and told me there was an accident (first plane had hit) I wasn't surprised. I knew it wasn't an accident. (I probably didn't "know", but I knew.) When the second plane hit I wasn't surprised either. I'd been expecting something just like that for months, like I said. Of course everyone thought I was crazy before the attack. After the attack when I was proven "right" everyone still thought I was crazy because I thought such things. They basically said I was a sick fuck just like the terrorists, and that normal people didn't see it coming because they weren't sick fucks.

Stupid fucks.

I don't offer this as proof of ESP by any means.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: Ulysees]
    #539697 - 02/03/02 09:46 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Just who are these mysterious people that nobody listens to? Perhaps if just one of these visionaries had posted such information on the internet where people could verify the date, then we would have something.

As a matter of fact, I've been rambling about stuff just like sept. 11 for months, maybe even a year.
Not sure what "stuff just like" means. Many people knew that terrorist attacks were highly likely, but such information is not helpful unless someone knows where, when and how. The previous poster's point remains. No one publicy made any such prediction. And there are plenty of avenues to do so.

Your railing at the ignorant masses that don't take prognosticators seriously is meaningless emotionalism. First someone must show the ability to predict before being taken seriously, then action may be taken to prevent such an event.

Feel free to post future SPECIFIC predictions here for all to see. A generalization (ie. something bad will happen sometime soon) is not a prediction.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #539706 - 02/03/02 09:52 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Wow I am completely not psychic. I did worse than chance on most of them.
And if you scored higher than chance, you think that would mean something? As it is ALL random, some will score lower than chance and a roughly equal number will score higher than chance. Assign no meaning to your results.

If we had actual objects to visualize I think people would do better.
And you think they would do better because...? Hence, the Swami Challenge, with a real object and a real prize that no one is interested in. People here love to yak, but refuse to take any action to back up one single claim.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: Swami]
    #539716 - 02/03/02 10:00 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Well, that's pretty much what I was talking about. I wasn't railing at any non-believers, I wasn't saying I predicted sept 11, just that I knew something was going to happen. I also stated that I'm not trying to prove anything. (There was nothing to prove.)

The people who "knew" about these things are all the street preachers out there. No, I'm not saying they're psychic, I'm saying that people are saying "Hey Hey Hey" and nobody listens to them. I'm not even saying that people should listen to them. You misunderstood my post.

--------------------

Edited by Ulysees (02/03/02 10:03 PM)

Anonymous

Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: Ulysees]
    #540507 - 02/04/02 05:32 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Just a random coincidence but on September 10th.. this Simpson's episode was on..the one where they go to New York and Homer's car is locked inbetween the twin towers. Just a coincidence though, also a coincidence my friends and I were talking about Terrorists a lot that day and saying how a war is going to break out sometime soon.

InvisibleUlysees
Power of Lard

Re: Practice Telepathy! [Re: ]
    #540555 - 02/04/02 06:33 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I just thought of the Crysallids (the book). Mind speak. :wink:
Interesting book. 

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom