Home | Community | Message Board


Mycotrop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Registered: 04/08/04
Posts: 28,952
Re: Telepathy on shrooms?? [Re: MarkostheGnostic] * 2
    #26262474 - 10/19/19 08:57 AM (1 year, 6 months ago)

I find the whole "LORE" of chakras too limiting, while Alex Grey paintings are closer to what arises naturally. I say this after having been immersed - after having studied and practiced Tibetan meditation with a serious dude called Namgyal Rinpoche back in the late 60's.

In my experience, the interpretation of "energy flow blockages" between chakras is not a fair depiction of the problems we have: the chakras are experiential artifacts, not causative forms, so when you feel them in any way, or see them, you are seeing the result of something else - usually from a reflective or absorptive state of mind (like alex grey on drugs or some ancient yogi).

When a chakra is blocked it means that your biologic body holds some tension or illness, and usually that your mind is fighting with some memory that pertains to that part of your body - i.e. a persisting trauma is associated with an area of the body. The mind is blocking on the issue, and the body is what the mind is using to grasp the memory and generate feedback, this is not about wiring or plumbing or some esoteric flowing at all, however when tension prevails, blood circulation will be slowed down and the body will create weakness in the tensed area after a while of this.

The result appears similar to a psychic flow being blocked but it is not a flow of cosmic energies in the body, but a blockage of mental ideation around the chakra, and a resulting body traffic jam like a 6 lane highway under construction with one lane open. Blood flow constriction leads to muscle fatigue + toxin accumulation + lack of oxygen -> this is conceptually about "Prana" aka breath 'energy' - the concepts are related, but simplified for people who are not able to understand the body's biology, and these ideas are also animated because when we think biology, we get too intellectual and it really is very dynamic: breathing, muscle flexing, joints bending and rotating, guts squishing food ,liquids, and shit...

Anectdote:
My grown daughter was seeing a healer 3 years back for some issues and one day she asked me to drop her off at this healer, and I met the woman.
Well my feeling was she was earnest enough and my daughter really gained benefits from her massage.
I did not feel like criticizing the whole chakra stuff, as it seemed to help my daughter see how she was holding pain, and IMO working with symptoms can get you over an impasse while the bigger causes can be dealt with over time, and it can even lead directly to the associative causes of the tension.

Oddly the healer told my daughter afterwards in private that she could see that "your fathers chakras are very opened and well balanced, in fact I have never seen anyone with more balanced chakras!"

Hell! I get sore joints from the weather changing and fret over things same as anyone else. Still I think she was probably a good healer, and I guessed she judged my chakras by how I was standing sitting and moving.


--------------------


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTripsten
Stranger

Registered: 10/23/17
Posts: 1,104
Last seen: 1 month, 18 days
Re: Telepathy on shrooms?? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #26262731 - 10/19/19 12:02 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Never believed in chakras cause the idea of the pictures with the colored circles seemed ridiculous to me
But your explanation is actually quite interesting
Good share , good share
Got somethifn to think about now


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Registered: 09/20/05
Posts: 8,662
Last seen: 1 day, 10 hours
Re: Telepathy on shrooms?? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #26262878 - 10/19/19 01:04 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
I find the whole "LORE" of chakras too limiting, while Alex Grey paintings are closer to what arises naturally. I say this after having been immersed - after having studied and practiced Tibetan meditation with a serious dude called Namgyal Rinpoche back in the late 60's.

In my experience, the interpretation of "energy flow blockages" between chakras is not a fair depiction of the problems we have: the chakras are experiential artifacts, not causative forms, so when you feel them in any way, or see them, you are seeing the result of something else - usually from a reflective or absorptive state of mind (like alex grey on drugs or some ancient yogi).

When a chakra is blocked it means that your biologic body holds some tension or illness, and usually that your mind is fighting with some memory that pertains to that part of your body - i.e. a persisting trauma is associated with an area of the body. The mind is blocking on the issue, and the body is what the mind is using to grasp the memory and generate feedback, this is not about wiring or plumbing or some esoteric flowing at all, however when tension prevails, blood circulation will be slowed down and the body will create weakness in the tensed area after a while of this.

The result appears similar to a psychic flow being blocked but it is not a flow of cosmic energies in the body, but a blockage of mental ideation around the chakra, and a resulting body traffic jam like a 6 lane highway under construction with one lane open. Blood flow constriction leads to muscle fatigue + toxin accumulation + lack of oxygen -> this is conceptually about "Prana" aka breath 'energy' - the concepts are related, but simplified for people who are not able to understand the body's biology, and these ideas are also animated because when we think biology, we get too intellectual and it really is very dynamic: breathing, muscle flexing, joints bending and rotating, guts squishing food ,liquids, and shit...

Anectdote:
My grown daughter was seeing a healer 3 years back for some issues and one day she asked me to drop her off at this healer, and I met the woman.
Well my feeling was she was earnest enough and my daughter really gained benefits from her massage.
I did not feel like criticizing the whole chakra stuff, as it seemed to help my daughter see how she was holding pain, and IMO working with symptoms can get you over an impasse while the bigger causes can be dealt with over time, and it can even lead directly to the associative causes of the tension.

Oddly the healer told my daughter afterwards in private that she could see that "your fathers chakras are very opened and well balanced, in fact I have never seen anyone with more balanced chakras!"

Hell! I get sore joints from the weather changing and fret over things same as anyone else. Still I think she was probably a good healer, and I guessed she judged my chakras by how I was standing sitting and moving.


Beautifully articulated.


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery


Registered: 12/10/99
Posts: 14,279
Loc: South Florida Flag
Last seen: 3 months, 9 days
Re: Telepathy on shrooms?? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #26268394 - 10/21/19 10:18 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Your's is a reasonable appraisal of chakras, and I'm happy that your chakras are balanced but I could've told you the same from here and I'm not clairvoyant. But, you remain pre-eminently balanced on a site where we have seen a sad plethora of instability. :sad:


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Registered: 04/08/04
Posts: 28,952
Re: Telepathy on shrooms?? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #26268980 - 10/22/19 07:36 AM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Your's is a reasonable appraisal of chakras, and I'm happy that your chakras are balanced but I could've told you the same from here and I'm not clairvoyant. But, you remain pre-eminently balanced on a site where we have seen a sad plethora of instability. :sad:



thanks M, however, it's an act - not a state; I am constantly falling and balancing, so - a balancing act.


--------------------


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery


Registered: 03/02/15
Posts: 7,145
Loc: Now O'Clock
Last seen: 18 hours, 36 minutes
Re: Telepathy on shrooms?? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #26270086 - 10/22/19 05:56 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
I find the whole "LORE" of chakras too limiting, while Alex Grey paintings are closer to what arises naturally. I say this after having been immersed - after having studied and practiced Tibetan meditation with a serious dude called Namgyal Rinpoche back in the late 60's.

In my experience, the interpretation of "energy flow blockages" between chakras is not a fair depiction of the problems we have: the chakras are experiential artifacts, not causative forms, so when you feel them in any way, or see them, you are seeing the result of something else - usually from a reflective or absorptive state of mind (like alex grey on drugs or some ancient yogi).

When a chakra is blocked it means that your biologic body holds some tension or illness, and usually that your mind is fighting with some memory that pertains to that part of your body - i.e. a persisting trauma is associated with an area of the body. The mind is blocking on the issue, and the body is what the mind is using to grasp the memory and generate feedback, this is not about wiring or plumbing or some esoteric flowing at all, however when tension prevails, blood circulation will be slowed down and the body will create weakness in the tensed area after a while of this.

The result appears similar to a psychic flow being blocked but it is not a flow of cosmic energies in the body, but a blockage of mental ideation around the chakra, and a resulting body traffic jam like a 6 lane highway under construction with one lane open. Blood flow constriction leads to muscle fatigue + toxin accumulation + lack of oxygen -> this is conceptually about "Prana" aka breath 'energy' - the concepts are related, but simplified for people who are not able to understand the body's biology, and these ideas are also animated because when we think biology, we get too intellectual and it really is very dynamic: breathing, muscle flexing, joints bending and rotating, guts squishing food ,liquids, and shit...

Anectdote:
My grown daughter was seeing a healer 3 years back for some issues and one day she asked me to drop her off at this healer, and I met the woman.
Well my feeling was she was earnest enough and my daughter really gained benefits from her massage.
I did not feel like criticizing the whole chakra stuff, as it seemed to help my daughter see how she was holding pain, and IMO working with symptoms can get you over an impasse while the bigger causes can be dealt with over time, and it can even lead directly to the associative causes of the tension.

Oddly the healer told my daughter afterwards in private that she could see that "your fathers chakras are very opened and well balanced, in fact I have never seen anyone with more balanced chakras!"

Hell! I get sore joints from the weather changing and fret over things same as anyone else. Still I think she was probably a good healer, and I guessed she judged my chakras by how I was standing sitting and moving.



:kenthumbup:

Killer post.


--------------------

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.”
-Bill Hicks


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Registered: 04/08/04
Posts: 28,952
Re: Telepathy on shrooms?? [Re: Loaded Shaman]
    #26270589 - 10/22/19 10:21 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

hey thank you guys, typing takes time, but sometimes it's worth it.


--------------------


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Registered: 05/09/08
Posts: 5,744
Last seen: 4 months, 9 days
Re: Telepathy on shrooms?? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #26271658 - 10/23/19 02:15 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

I felt all of my chakras open up and burn out after a profoundly damaging psychic event. It felt to me as physical as breaking your own arm would although I have no way to prove anything. My speculation is that they provide a kind of connection between the physical world of spirit and the body, and that the brain mostly provides a form of mediation there. I think it is a more minor organ than most people think or science realises.

I have also felt the psychic chakras in the subtle energy body and various impressions from them, since that burn out. Which felt exclusively mental, I did not have the physical feelings of pain and overload in the centres at that time nor did the emotions related to them feel composed of a "living spirit" in the same way. I suppose I would think of these as brain related forms of chakras.

Just my own experience take or leave it, I'm sure there's plenty of woo woo around the subject of chakras. :shrug:


--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTripsten
Stranger

Registered: 10/23/17
Posts: 1,104
Last seen: 1 month, 18 days
Re: Telepathy on shrooms?? [Re: Grapefruit]
    #26272315 - 10/23/19 07:38 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Interesting
By connection between spiritual and physical
Would you also possibly mean catalyst ?

Like “Chakra” systems being an “antenna” of sorts for the “soul”


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Registered: 05/09/08
Posts: 5,744
Last seen: 4 months, 9 days
Re: Telepathy on shrooms?? [Re: Tripsten]
    #26272690 - 10/23/19 10:19 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Yeah exactly, like antennas, that's my guess based on my (very bizarre) experiences anyway.


--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"


Edited by Grapefruit (10/23/19 10:30 PM)


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTripsten
Stranger

Registered: 10/23/17
Posts: 1,104
Last seen: 1 month, 18 days
Re: Telepathy on shrooms?? [Re: Grapefruit]
    #26272840 - 10/23/19 11:52 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

No no that’s dope and would make TONS of sense


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLoaded Shaman
Psychophysiologist
Male User Gallery


Registered: 03/02/15
Posts: 7,145
Loc: Now O'Clock
Last seen: 18 hours, 36 minutes
Re: Telepathy on shrooms?? [Re: Grapefruit]
    #26276088 - 10/25/19 01:46 PM (1 year, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Grapefruit said:
I felt all of my chakras open up and burn out after a profoundly damaging psychic event. It felt to me as physical as breaking your own arm would although I have no way to prove anything. My speculation is that they provide a kind of connection between the physical world of spirit and the body, and that the brain mostly provides a form of mediation there. I think it is a more minor organ than most people think or science realises.

I have also felt the psychic chakras in the subtle energy body and various impressions from them, since that burn out. Which felt exclusively mental, I did not have the physical feelings of pain and overload in the centres at that time nor did the emotions related to them feel composed of a "living spirit" in the same way. I suppose I would think of these as brain related forms of chakras.

Just my own experience take or leave it, I'm sure there's plenty of woo woo around the subject of chakras. :shrug:




:strokebeard:

:kenthumbup:


--------------------

“Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.”
-Bill Hicks


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Telepathy on shrooms: part II
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Swami 14,038 109 10/23/13 08:02 PM
by Withinity
* Telepathy greypoe 2,678 14 07/15/01 02:48 PM
by numb59
* Shroomism's Telepathy Game
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Swami 6,229 67 05/05/03 04:30 AM
by Sclorch
* Telepathy Anonymous 1,190 7 11/29/01 08:48 PM
by Timeleech
* Telepathy, eh...
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Jared 7,957 116 05/28/10 04:44 AM
by Icelander
* Telepathic experiences?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
valkyrie 6,179 66 09/26/02 10:49 PM
by Swami
* 2nd Chakra and Shrooms Tannis 1,567 7 01/10/02 01:50 AM
by Anonymous
* telepathy
( 1 2 all )
baltazar 2,613 20 04/29/04 11:04 PM
by sh0e

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Jokeshopbeard, DividedQuantum
5,842 topic views. 1 members, 5 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2021 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.607 seconds spending 0.589 seconds on 14 queries.