Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
Practice telepathy. Guess personality game!
    #538201 - 02/01/02 11:22 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

As I was trying to guess things about Swami in another thread, I though this would be a nice game to play for the whole board. We guess things about other posters and they may choose to later tell us which or how many things we guess right and wrong.

Here are my guesses about Swami. May be later, when I have time and will I will venture some about Shroomism.

Swami: Self-centered, smart, educated, possibly rich or at least middle-class. I suppose he is a bit under 30, likely of jewish ancestry, unmarried, may have had a few long-term relationships (all broke apart after a year or more with much pain to both parties, I might add). And this, considering that he is pretty good-looking. Can't quite discern his location... California I think, but don't quote me on this one. (This later one Swami confirms but says he has mentioned it somewhere. I suppose it would be no use telling him that I didn't remember him mentioning this, because he would say that I had subconscious memory or it, or something). Going on: I think he has dark hair, no facial hair. Can't say what his profession is (may be still a student? What major?). A teacher? A linguist? Oh, something else, single child in the family. I will even venture to guess his real name, would be real funny if I guess right... Eugine, Jeff or Robb, first, second and third thing that came into my mind. Anyone has anything to add?

I dare Swami to play this against me, in a fare exchange, for I really was joking about 10 bucks :smile:

-- Grib.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Practice telepathy. Guess personality game! [Re: gribochek]
    #538569 - 02/02/02 12:08 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I have no desire make guesses about anyone here. I claim no special abilities.

As to your selected attributes, many are totally subjective:

Educated: what does that mean?
Smart: in relation to what?
Rich: again relative
Self-centered : everyone is sometimes and sometimes not
Good-looking: to women that find me attractive, yes; to those that don't, no

Name: wrong
Religion: wrong
Facial hair: wrong

P.S. I wasn't joking about the spore print.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (02/02/02 12:09 PM)

Anonymous

#538638 - 02/02/02 02:12 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I would venture to say he is in his late 40s... 45-47, raised a Roman Catholic, no children, one jewish parent, two story house in the suburbs (rich to the majority perspective) a good sum of money in the bank from a good 20 years of savings and investments. Raised as a scholar and always liked to analyze things as a child.

This is a fun game... Now me

Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
Re: Practice telepathy. Guess personality game! [Re: ]
    #538838 - 02/02/02 07:28 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I am now positive, telepathy doesn't exist :smile:

Shroomism? Much harder to say...

I'd say you are under 20, have siblings (possibly many), many conflicts with parents. As far as location I'd say Florida, blond, not much attention from girls, not too well educated (at least as far as physics math and technology go). It seems you are a second generation of an immigrant family, polish, hungarian or something around there.

Ok. Now your turn. Too bad swami doesn't want to play the game, I feel his analytic mind will do a good job at this vs. my pure intuitive approach. 

Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
    #538840 - 02/02/02 07:30 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

> late 40s... 45-47, raised a Roman Catholic, no children, one jewish parent, two story house in the suburbs

Weird. Although I see why you would paint this profile, I feel it doesn't fit with someone using shrooms and other psychedelics. Really, Swami, how do psychedelics fit into your worldview? Aren't they just chemicals that fuck up your brain chemistry?

-- Grib.

Anonymous

#538974 - 02/03/02 12:41 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I'd say you are under 20

Yep..20 in 12 days

have siblings (possibly many),

1 brother, 4 sisters

many conflicts with parents

Which would explain my moving out at 16

As far as location I'd say Florida

Right coast... but Virginia

blond

Nah dark brown

not much attention from girls

The girlies like the long hair..but the woman does not like the girlies liking the long hair

not too well educated

Not by societies standards..

It seems you are a second generation of an immigrant family, polish, hungarian or something around there.

Italian

OfflineSherlockDrubu
enthusiast
    #538986 - 02/03/02 01:24 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

LEMME TRY!!

Drubu:

Hair color: Brown, but ever changing

Raised as: Christian

background: American Indian, German, Irish, Scottish

enjoys: mushrooms, weed, lsd, and tha taste of a woman...

I WIN!! I GOT THEM ALL!

Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
    #539122 - 02/03/02 08:41 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Guess me, somebody, guess me!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #539173 - 02/03/02 10:20 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Really, Swami, how do psychedelics fit into your worldview? Aren't they just chemicals that fuck up your brain chemistry?
This is subject for another thread and is the most important IMHO question regarding psychedelics. Most everyone has an opinion, but no one has an answer.

I have been looking for one thing that shows that something more is happening than disrupted neuronal pathways. I had contact with the "Other" once and it was mind-blowing, but what does it mean? Was it a hidden aspect of my being, a delerium or true contact with the oversoul?

I also seemingly made a straight girlfriend trip with me through the mythical "contact high". I find that possibility very intriguing

After some 25 years of exploration, I don't think that I (or McKenna or anyone else) is any closer to what is really going on.

This is why I am frequently so hard-nosed when I say "Show me!" and what I was trying to get to the bottom of in the Mushroom-Induced Miracles thread. If one could alter objective reality in any way while tripping, then that would be proof that one was not just scrambling their brain. Or if one could gain external knowledge of things that they otherwise had no way of knowing, then that would be proof.

Reading the average trip report here is not very encouraging for the mystical point of view.

My current view is rather open-ended. I have no solid stance on the subject.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (02/03/02 03:00 PM)

Anonymous

#539254 - 02/03/02 12:13 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

me next, me next!

Offlinegribochek
enthusiast
Re: Practice telepathy. Guess personality game! [Re: Swami]
    #539811 - 02/03/02 11:59 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I have been looking for one thing that shows that something more is happening than disrupted neuronal pathways.

I always find it amazing how people, without slightest realization, shift subject matter... There is a beautiful essay, in a form of a story, as part of a marvellous book called "A mind's I" by Douglas Hofstadter. The story is called "A story of a brain". To me, this story is the absolute and final proof that experience can't be explained physically or chemically, period. Other good essays and stories are in that book. Have you read it by any chance? If you did, further discussion of this subject would be much easier... Otherwise, when I have time, I'll make a new thread on the subject.

I had contact with the "Other" once and it was mind-blowing, but what does it mean? Was it a hidden aspect of my being, a delerium or true contact with the oversoul?

This is the same as asking, was this wine red, sweet or liquid. How can you not see this?

If one could alter objective reality in any way while tripping

Oh, that "objective reality" again. Out of curiosity, why didn't you respond meaningfully to my "objective reality challenge"? Now, seriously, do you not assume without basis or proof that "objective reality" exists? Or do you claim you have basis or proof? Might do you some good to think about that...

After some 25 years of exploration

You _are_ older then I thought :smile:

-- Grib.

OfflineLord_A
Loc: Netherlands
    #540328 - 02/04/02 02:03 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Well, somebody wanna do me? I'm new here but you could look at some posts, i replied to the ones about satanism and about music for tripping and did a trip report here a few days ago, called The (mush)Room.

Please tell me who i am, please

--------------------
a strange direction can be a beautiful opportunity

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies