Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

IF YOU ONLY DO ONE THING TODAY, READ THIS POST
    #445595 - 11/03/01 11:03 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Hi, there is a book called "The Power of Now". This book has the power to relieve you of all your problems, and make you HAPPY. I KNOW it sounds ridiculous. Fed up, bored, tired, searching for something? READ THIS BOOK. Geokills and I have set up the first 52 pages online for everyone to read. Just read one page, if that's all you have time for... You will come back for more. It is completely NOT religiously affiliated. If you follow this link you will never regret it as long as you live.... The Power of Now

-Aliver

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLCid
Close ToInsanity.
Loc: Seattle, WA
Re: IF YOU ONLY DO ONE THING TODAY, READ THIS POST [Re: ]
    #445601 - 11/03/01 11:11 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

read your post... click a link....read a page...buy the book wow thats alot of stuff to do for 1 thing :)

Anonymous

#445603 - 11/03/01 11:11 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Also, after you check it out, post in reply here what you think!

-Aliver

Anonymous

Re: IF YOU ONLY DO ONE THING TODAY, READ THIS POST [Re: LCid]
    #445604 - 11/03/01 11:14 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

LCid,
Oh ok... took me a second.... Well, I figure if you only read the post today you're on your way.

-Aliver

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
    #445605 - 11/03/01 11:15 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Are you like a Mormon or something?

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

Anonymous

Re: IF YOU ONLY DO ONE THING TODAY, READ THIS POST [Re: MeltingPenguin]
    #445608 - 11/03/01 11:25 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

MeltingPengiun,
LOL! No dude. It is seriously not a religious book at all. I know it sounds ridiculous when I jump right into "it will make your life so good" but the fact of the matter is that it is true. After I read the book, I showed it to my best friend, girlfriend, and Mom. They're about as diverse a crew as you could ask for and they all FLIPPED OUT. Just check the thing out. It's not about revering God, it's about breaking out of the mind games we all play with ourselves. JUST TRY IT.

-Aliver

InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
    #445610 - 11/03/01 11:27 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

WOW! I just finished that book and my whole life has changed for the better!
My pimples are gone, I do not have bad breath anymore, my hair is thicker and yet more managable, my teeth are perfectly straight and white now and my penis has grown a whole 2 inches!

Everyone needs to read this book.

Also, I am more confident and pick up chicks easier!

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

Edited by PGF (11/03/01 11:29 AM)

Anonymous

Re: IF YOU ONLY DO ONE THING TODAY, READ THIS POST [Re: PGF]
    #445614 - 11/03/01 11:33 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I imagine posts like the above are to be expected....

-Aliver

Anonymous

Re: IF YOU ONLY DO ONE THING TODAY, READ THIS POST [Re: PGF]
    #445621 - 11/03/01 11:42 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I suppose I did sound somewhat like a telemarketer or something in my first post. The only difference is I have nothing to personally gain from anyone following the link, reading the scans, or reading the book. The truth is, if I had never picked up the book, I probably would be posting or thinking the exact same thing as PGF.

-Aliver

Anonymous

#445674 - 11/03/01 12:24 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I've been reading "The Book of Secrets" and it has changed my life as well... Would it be worth it to change my life twice?
I generally like standard routine.

Anonymous

#445680 - 11/03/01 12:31 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I would like to add what led me to The Power of Now... SHROOMS! As I posted in a reply to another thread, I was growing very frustrated with feeling so PERFECT every time I was shrooming and then having to come off of that and back to complete normalcy within a couple days. I started trying to figure out how to sustain that feeling, and eventually found that book. Well, that was the answer. Psychedelics, religion, and a lot of other things (though the book preaches none of them) are all aimed at this "thing". You feel it every time you shroom. You know what I'm talking about. The wholeness. The book gets right to the heart of that and shows you how to sustain that feeling for the rest of your life. In retrospect, that is probably how I should have started this thread. Oh well.

-Aliver

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: IF YOU ONLY DO ONE THING TODAY, READ THIS POST [Re: Anonymous]
    #445682 - 11/03/01 12:32 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Anonymous

Re: IF YOU ONLY DO ONE THING TODAY, READ THIS POST [Re: Anonymous]
    #445691 - 11/03/01 12:39 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Smack31,
I checked out "The Book of Secrets" on Amazon. That's awesome! Like I said in my last post, there A LOT of things pointing at this "thing", meditation included! I think The Power of Now is a GREAT way to find or get in touch with that "thing" (as are shrooms). If you have praise for The Book of Secrets and I have praise for The Power of Now, we are talking about the same thing. You outta sneak a peek at The Power of Now scans though. If you've already been introduced to the this "thing" that I am talking about, you'll be able to appreciate that book perhaps even faster. It's all pointing to the same thing....

-Aliver

OfflineThe AntiChrist
enthusiast

Loc: Holland
    #445694 - 11/03/01 12:44 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I dont think I need that book.

--------------------
the lightswitch on the wrong side

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
    #445709 - 11/03/01 01:12 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

yeah there a lots of good books out there, i'm happy you found one that works for you.

The tao of Poo worked for me.

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

Anonymous

#445773 - 11/03/01 02:32 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

I checked out the page and it looks like a good book. It just sucks because I am a broke ass... keep scanning my friend! :wink:

Anonymous

Re: IF YOU ONLY DO ONE THING TODAY, READ THIS POST [Re: MeltingPenguin]
    #445917 - 11/03/01 05:31 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

MeltingPenguins,
I checked out the Tao of Pooh on Amazon and I'll be reccomending it to my Mom today. She read The Power of Now and absolutely loved it. Since she teaches Kindergarten and First Grade and makes use of A. A. Milne's stories in her classroom all the time, I think she'd love it. Thanks! Do check out those scans if you get a chance! The Power of Now

-Aliver

InvisibleIshmael
enthusiast

#446096 - 11/03/01 08:50 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

It's important to keep and open mind. If you're ever reluctant to do something, do not just give into your reluctance automatically...quesiton it. Know why you're reluctan, it is too easy for ego to conjur up reluctance in the face of potential spiritual awakeningt. Reluctance to walk off a cliff is understandable. But why would you be reluctant to take twenty minutes off your precious web-surfing time to read a book? We all have our own reasons for our reluctance to do things, I just want to make sure everyone who simply disregarded this thread knows theirs. I'm not judging, just asking a question.

In any regard, I did read the pages scanned (which is probably a federal offense - copyright infringment - so be careful). Honestly, the thoughts expressed, as far as I can ascertain, are very close to my own beliefs upon enlightenment. It is true that most buddhists who practice do not have any real belief that they can achieve enlightenment in /this/ lifetime...and this was the reason I left the monastary I attended. I not only believed that enlightenment was not something 'earth-shaking' (though we have to be careful because of reletavistic terms)...but something quite calm, something easy to obtain. It is the /belief/ that we cannot obtain enlightenment which is the largest hurdle. The one which rest so deeply inside our cultural framework that it encompasses the larger portion of spiritual practice and endeavor. The process of overcoming false beliefs.

A long time ago, a person posted here asking if Mushrooms could be used to 'achieve' enlightenment. I remember making a hesitant post to the effect that mushrooms show one the path up the mountain but the walking is left undone. I was a bit more hesitant then than I am now...now if I were to be asked the same question, I would say that Yes, indeed, mushrooms /can/ provoke a temporary enlightened state (can propell us past the boundaries of ego), but because the state was achieved quickly and without discipline, you have no ability to adequately reference the experience as the process of 'enlightenment'. Many people have touched enlightenment, but few know that they have...few are willing to believe that it is /that easy/. Add to this the fact that instead of working backwards through your own mind to find the source, step by step, you use a drug to propell you...the territory of ego that lies between 'you' and the 'destination' is still as vauge and unexplored when you come down as before...thus you can't simply propell yourself back without a new dosage of the drug. Addicts are born trying to touch bliss... and finding their chemical wings constantly melting as they reach to touch the sun. It quickly becomes a method of mind to think that chemical wings are the only way. Most of us know this isn't true.

I enjoyed the pages, Aliver_oflife. I cannot speak for the deeper chapters of the book, though the first pages do indeed have much truth to them. I cannot say if this is just another New Age attempt at defining enlightenment or not...I have not read the whole book...but the first chapter may help out some of your. Note that I say 'may'. Just keep yourself in check.

"I have always been enlightened, I only just forgot."

Ishmael

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #446579 - 11/04/01 11:45 AM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks ALIVER, I read the first couple of scans and liked it a lot. You sound as exited about that book as I am about Conversations with God. They're pretty much in the same thought. I think CWG is the absolute most enlightening book of all time. The paradigm it lays down about how life is so incredibly right on it's scary. I am not nearly articulate enough to explain how crazy real this book is, but it will BLOW YOUR FUCKING MIND. I've read the series 4 times. Every time you read it you pick up something new. Oh, and it's SPIRITUAL not religious. There's a big difference.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your book with us. Your intentions were noble. Sorry about that scarcastic guy, but I think that was his was of saying that the teachings in that book aren't practicle, and can't help him in his regular life. No, spiritual enlightenment won't clear up your skin, but if life is a game, I want to know the rules first.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineD_Tox
Boddhisattva

Loc: Lab 23
Re: IF YOU ONLY DO ONE THING TODAY, READ THIS POST [Re: Learyfan]
    #446919 - 11/04/01 06:04 PM (22 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks, another one to check out would be 'Be Here Now' by Baba Ram Dass

--------------------
-----------------------
D_Tox

to understand other people….to be aware
to understand animals….to be a decent person
to understand plants….. to be a refined individual
to understand the mushroom…to be enlightened

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies