Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Bipolar Disorder and Shrooms
    #4340824 - 06/27/05 12:44 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, so, I'm trying shrooms for my first time in a day or two, and I need to know something:

My mother has been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, and, I might have it, but nobody really knows, so what i need to know is this: Will doing shrooms set off my Bipolar Disorder, will it make me a permanent psycho, or will it make me suicidal?

So, i need to know if i should do it or not.

Thanks for the help.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Bipolar Disorder and Shrooms [Re: Meekrab]
    #4340866 - 06/27/05 01:00 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

You are the only one who can know if you are mentally stable enough to try shrooms.  Psychedelics will not create problems out of no where; but they *can* trigger a pre-existing mental illness.  This is a risk that should be carefully considered before you try them. 

Evaluate your sober mental state with honesty FIRST before you do mushrooms.  A calm state of mind (set) and a safe and fun place to trip (setting) are both very important with psychedelics. 

It sounds like you could benefit from some reading about tripping.  Check out the Tripper's FAQ in my sig, and do everything you can to educate yourself about tripping on mushrooms.  The more you know about the experience the better off you'll be, and even then nothing can prepare you for that first trip.  :mushroom2: 

Good luck.  If you think you may have a problem integrating a psychedelic experience and adjusting to its presence in your life afterwards (and many people do) maybe shrooms aren't for you.  But if you focus on a place of reference (your calm internal center), have a healthy sober life and know how to 'go with the flow', then safe travels.  :sun:

Loc: aporia
Re: Bipolar Disorder and Shrooms [Re: MOTH]
    #4341114 - 06/27/05 02:17 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

it's a risk meekrab.
as for being a permanent psycho, most people who become emotionally unbalanced as a "result" are back to baseline after a few months.
if you become become emotionally unbalanced, and during this unbalance you get depressed, it could make you suicidal.
i would read about hppd too, since honestly that is also a risk. so are flashbacks.
these are risks that are real. only you can choose whether the potential positives outweight potential negatives. speaking of positives, what do you hope to get out of it?
i'm not down mushroom use. i just believe in being frank about risks.

"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being