Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinephishytrip
Gillious Supreme
Male User Gallery

Loc: AZ, USA
BIPOLAR
    #1694605 - 07/07/03 09:36 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I was diagnosed with bipolar a few months ago. I am currently on Trileptal for it. But I only see little results. I had the dosage uped lately and still not much. I can go days feeling so great, like super happy, then if one stupid thought enters my head it can bring me down so bad I start to feel really depressed.

anyone else here bipolar or can relate? and if so what kind of meds do you take for it?

--------------------
Eram quod es; eris quod sum

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: BIPOLAR [Re: phishytrip]
    #1695725 - 07/08/03 06:49 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I am bipoloar and have been off meds for 2 years now. It was the best thing I ever did. They were ruining me, making me dependant on them for the slightest happiness. I admit, they are needed for some people. But I believe that many young people are told that they 'need' medication to stay 'normal', which is an absolute lie. Doctors are so quick to prescribe something to anyone with a problem to 'fix' them.

I've handled my own manic-depression semi-well. I found that many of the things that upset me or set me off, could be eliminated from my life and I have done so. There are days where I can't even move because of the depression, but they rarely last as long as they did when I was being toyed with on meds. I dare call myself a happy person.

I changed my life completely so that I wouldn't be in an envirnment that made me upset or whacked out. I moved out of my parents house and moved hundreds of miles away with my boyfriend, and now never speak to them. It took me awhile to realize what a negative force they were in my life, so I painfully excluded them from me. Maybe one day we can speak again.

I also have a new job and several new hobbies that I am exploring and enjoying. My creative output has been higher then ever, and I know it is because I am not on medication for my 'ailment'.

I'm not saying that you should drop your meds, but don't expect them to make you happy. You really have to find a way to do that for yourself.

Hope this helped

-Shade

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom