Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Yeti Sports

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
Yes, I am a Minister!
    #3979592 - 03/28/05 11:19 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I have stated it a couple of times on the board in other forums along with posting this picture of me.

It has resulted in a slew of questions which seem to take the post off topic. As such I am creating this
post to answer questions and to start a dialog with everyone. Ill start with the most common questions.

What religion are you?

Southern Kemetic Orthodoxy

Are you a minister that indulges in psychedelics and other herbs?

Yes, I have found that they can be spiritually enlightening. You should note that I treat them with respect. They are not something that should be done just to trip/get stoned.

What do you believe/What are the tenants of your faith?

To put it simply, God is so far beyond man that man can not comprehend God. So to understand God we (As humans) break God into images and concepts that we can understand.
It has been termed as a monotheistic religion with polytheistic views.
Is there one God or many Gods?
The answer is that there is one God that we can not comprehend so we see different aspects of God as unique entities that we can comprehend.
What does this mean?
This means that God has been perceived by people in many different forms. Each providing a message that the people who witnessed it could understand. In a nutshell all religions are right and have a message for us from God.

To give everyone a better understanding of a truth in all religions, here is the last sermon I did.

Quote:

I HAVE A MESSAGE FROM GOD!

Let me start by telling you how I came to where I am today. About a year ago, In a conversation with my uncle about preachers, he related a story to me. He told me how in biblical times, if a man stood up and said ?I have a message from God.? people would gather around and listen to what he had to say. The reason was that a message from God would ring true in the heart. If the message did not ring true, he was a false profit and they would stone him! So standing up in those times and claiming you had a message from God, was not something that a person would take lightly. In the last year, I have had 5 people tell me that a true message from God is easy to tell as it always rings true in the heart.
So today I bring a true message from God, A message that has been told in many ways and many forms from the beginning of time. That message is not to hate people, not to turn people away, not to ridicule people for there sins, but to love all as you would love your brother.
So what is love? In First Corinthians 2:13 It says, ? And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.
If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not inflated,
it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury,
it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.
It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails. If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing; if tongues, they will cease; if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing.
For we know partially and we prophesy partially, but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.
When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
At present we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. At present I know partially; then I shall know fully, as I am fully known.
So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.?
This is one of the greatest descriptions of Love that you can find. It shows, as Christ said in Romans 13:10 ?Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.? and as was said in Mark 12:31 ?You shall love your neighbor as yourself.? There is no other commandment greater than these." Now we know that this is a message that was handed to the Christians and we know that God shows himself in many different forms to many different people. So what do the other religious beliefs have to say about Gods message of Love?
In the ancient Kemetic religion the scribe PTAH-HOTEP wrote in his Instructions ?If thou be among people, make for thyself love, the beginning and end of the heart.? The Gnostic text Liber chapter 15 states ?Love is the law" The Islamic Gospel of Barnabas states ?But tell me, if a man know not how to love God how shall he know how.to love himself; and how shall he know how to love others, not knowing how to love himself? Assuredly this is impossible.? Even The word of Buddha, in ABSENCE OF THE FIVE HINDRANCES states ?He has cast away Ill-will; he dwells with a heart free from ill-will; cherishing love and compassion toward all living beings, he cleanses his heart from ill-will.? There is a Jewish book called ?The Great March. In this book Bulan asked: "Tell me, Jew, Tell me true, What does God Mean to you?" And The Jew answered: "Love thy neighbor as thyself And know the prophets too. This, the message of the Jew Forever will be true."
The true message from God, The message he wishes all to learn is to LOVE one another. Not to hate, Not to ridicule or persecute, but to truly LOVE your fellow man.
So I might asks you: "Do you love God?" (____) And any energetic person will shout "Yes!", but then I must ask "Do you love your neighbor as yourself?" (_____) Do you love others as God loves you? (____) Do you love people even when they do not deserve it? (____) And people become quiet! "In other words, does your love for God truly exits, or is it simply rhetoric?"
Maybe we haven?t been expressing true love in our lives, but we can start today! And friends, we can start afresh today, knowing that God calls us to a place where love is an ever present action, despite how we feel. Maybe we can?t go back and right every wrong, but we can chose not to be wrong for the rest of the life that we have ahead of us. It means that from this moment on we accept the challenge of love. To accept the challenge is to ask the question: do we mean it, or is it rhetoric? You know you can do anything you want in life. You can decide however you want to decide. Not everything you decide will be right, but you can decide to chose to love.

Were you raised in this belief, or did you acquire it later in life?

I acquired it early in life but was not raised in the belief.

So, having posted this I am now open to any questions you may wish to ask.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Re: Yes, I am a Minister! [Re: Cyber]
    #3979618 - 03/28/05 11:26 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Buddhism is a Non-theistic religion, but you said that all religions are right in your mind. How can you account for Non-theistic religions being 'right' in your mind with with your beliefs?

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
Re: Yes, I am a Minister! [Re: egghead1]
    #3979652 - 03/28/05 11:37 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

nirvana is the buddhistic god

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: Yes, I am a Minister! [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #3979669 - 03/28/05 11:43 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Nirvana is the end of suffering- everlasting peace- and is in no way related to any God ideal at all.

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Yeti Sports

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
    #3979677 - 03/28/05 11:45 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

egghead1 said:
Buddhism is a Non-theistic religion, but you said that all religions are right in your mind. How can you account for Non-theistic religions being 'right' in your mind with with your beliefs?

I will admit that I am not as versed in Buddhism as I am in other beliefs. That being said, My understanding of Buddhism is that it is based on the belief that there is a natural order to all things. This order guides things here as it does in the afterlife (Karma). This order is how God has been perceived by Buddhists. They do not see it as an entity, as others perceive it, but many of the messages are the same.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3979700 - 03/28/05 11:56 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

it's Ok
buddhists are like angels arguing on the tip of a pin
very sharp intellection

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#3979704 - 03/28/05 11:57 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

egghead1 said:
Nirvana is the end of suffering- everlasting peace- and is in no way related to any God ideal at all.

Isn't christian god the thing christian wish to reach all their lives, isn't it the end of their suffering?

--------------------

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#3979719 - 03/28/05 12:03 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I don't see how Buddhism could ever be conceived as a problem if you were a Christian. God is God, however you want to define it/him.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#3979738 - 03/28/05 12:10 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

The christian ideal is that there is some kind of being the created this world and us and resides as an all powerful enitity over this planet and all opf its inhabitance. The idea being that we have to worship and surredner ourselves unto God in order to go to heaven when we die, which is the christian version of everlasting peace. Christians belive that we can only know God through worshipful action in which we get in his good books and go to heaven after death.

Buddhism emphasises more practical matters and less fantasy. Working with our existence of body, speech and mind in order to recognize our primoridal nature which is and always has been everlasting peace. Buddhism is about removing the obscurations of the mind to realize its essence. Buddhism says that our minds created this world out of ignorance of our nature which is free from suffering.

As you can see, there is quite alot of difference.

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
    #3979778 - 03/28/05 12:21 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, and AMEN....

Brother Cyber.....    :heart:

:sun:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#3979826 - 03/28/05 12:34 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

egghead1 said:
The christian ideal is that there is some kind of being the created this world and us and resides as an all powerful enitity over this planet and all opf its inhabitance. The idea being that we have to worship and surredner ourselves unto God in order to go to heaven when we die, which is the christian version of everlasting peace. Christians belive that we can only know God through worshipful action in which we get in his good books and go to heaven after death.

Buddhism emphasises more practical matters and less fantasy. Working with our existence of body, speech and mind in order to recognize our primoridal nature which is and always has been everlasting peace. Buddhism is about removing the obscurations of the mind to realize its essence. Buddhism says that our minds created this world out of ignorance of our nature which is free from suffering.

As you can see, there is quite alot of difference.

As christians surrender to god, Buddhists surrender to Nirvana.
Christians live to wait for god and death, so do buddhists wait for nirvana.

Creation? No doctrine believes that the universe always has been like this. Science confirms it with the big bang theory

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #3979833 - 03/28/05 12:35 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

egghead1 said:
Buddhism is a Non-theistic religion, but you said that all religions are right in your mind. How can  you account for Non-theistic religions  being 'right' in your mind with with your beliefs?

He said that he feels that every religion is an expression of an aspect of God. I don't think he proclaimed "Every single article of every single religion is correct!" What he refers to relates to the underlying principles of religions, not really these religions definitions of what is and what isn't. When he says he feels every religion is right, it is in terms of the common themes in these religions, not the conceptual dogma of them.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#3979840 - 03/28/05 12:38 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Wow thats a vast over-simplification of both religions, you didnt to either justice with those remarks. Buddhist dont wait around for anything, they get their as soon as possible using certain practices and methods, accoriding to their individual capacity and understanding. Buddhist dont surrender to nirvana at all, they realize it by slowly stripping away the layers of conditioning to reveal nirvana.

--------------------

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: Yes, I am a Minister! [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3979846 - 03/28/05 12:40 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm so what are these 'common themes' if not coneptual dogma?

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#3979888 - 03/28/05 12:58 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

egghead1 said:
Wow thats a vast over-simplification of both religions, you didnt to either justice with those remarks. Buddhist dont wait around for anything, they get their as soon as possible using certain practices and methods, accoriding to their individual capacity and understanding. Buddhist dont surrender to nirvana at all, they realize it by slowly stripping away the layers of conditioning to reveal nirvana.

I think this is all pointless, these are all just words, you can play with them all day, you can convert atheism into christianity with a game of words, or make a ship captain equivalent to an old retired lady with a game of words. I'm just playing with words.

--------------------

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#3979896 - 03/28/05 01:02 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Yep, but the difference is im playing with the facts, and your playing with opinion.

--------------------

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

#3979899 - 03/28/05 01:03 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I'm trying to prove that one can justificate to himself how to accept and combine all religions.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #3979906 - 03/28/05 01:05 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

egghead1 said:
Hmm so what are these 'common themes' if not coneptual dogma?

Well, for example, read his quoted sermon. I believe it even had a Buddhist statement.......

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Re: Yes, I am a Minister! [Re: fireworks_god]
    #3979946 - 03/28/05 01:21 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I did'nt read any buddhist statement but 'Love' is a universal teaching common to all religions.

--------------------

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#3979950 - 03/28/05 01:22 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

But would that justification be of any benefit? Mixing philosophies is exactly what cult leaders do, am i wrong?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology