Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I beleive in God but
    #3758181 -

I don't beleive in religion.

What are you're thoughts on religion?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I beleive in God but [Re: Freeker]
    #3758204 -

re-


--------------------


--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I beleive in God but [Re: Gomp]
    #3758331 -

in my opinion, religion IE church is just a way for people to have jobs. the priest, the pastor, the choir, they all get some kind of pay for the shit they do. where does it come from? the collection tray.


--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus




Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I beleive in God but [Re: Freeker]
    #3758385 -

I believe in the symbolism of religion. The symbolism is all that is needed. Just about everyone knows of the concept of a Loving God/Father. Religion at this point, needs to be completely eradicated from society. Yet I believe in a post mortem state of unity with the Loving God.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I beleive in God but [Re: Freeker]
    #3758443 -

I honestly (not a slam) do not understand how ANYONE can believe in an undefined, vague something; i.e. God.

My girlfriend got pissed at me when she asked if I believed in God and I said the question was impossible to answer.


--------------------



The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I beleive in God but [Re: Freeker]
    #3758471 -

Me? I'm a registered minister at the Universal Life Church.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I beleive in God but [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3758498 -

i see the bible as a puzzle...
all these religions are basing their ideas of reality on a book that no1 understands...
they should be looking for answers...
so thats what my religion is: to ask questions and be generaly curious about stuff...

as i understand the bible right now it seems that christianity
either was born from older religions or that alot of those older religions was adopted by christianity.

jesus for example was (aside from the whole discussion of whether there he ever existed as a person) a symbol for the sun.
check this out:
http://www.pharmacratic-inquisition.com/nontesters/pharmacratic/
whatever u may think about their story it does illustrate that there is more then one way of looking at bible texts and stuff like that...

all these preachers talk about what god wants us to do etc...
maybe its time we try to figure out who/what god is?


--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I beleive in God's butt [Re: Freeker]
    #3758522 -

Well, if you believe in God's butt, then you could look into a "Moon" religion....?    :moon:

(Is that sat-religious....?)    :grin:


:sun:


P.S.  Believe in what you want to believe in, and don't believe what you don't believe in.... 
It is free will, and there is no right or wrong.... 
No matter what your decision, you will surely catch some kinda~ flak for it from someone somewhere sometime....


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I beleive in God but [Re: Freeker]
    #3758573 -

Think of it like this..

You've just said: I believe in god, but I don't believe in other peoples forced views on god (this is what mass religion is)

That makes it a lot clearer, doesn't it?


--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I beleive in God but [Re: Freeker]
    #3760856 -



--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I beleive in God but [Re: CPT_InSaNo]
    #3768626 -

CPT_InSaNo said:
in my opinion, religion IE church is just a way for people to have jobs. the priest, the pastor, the choir, they all get some kind of pay for the shit they do. where does it come from? the collection tray.



that's how i look at it.

i try not to judge them, i let the church and the the pastors do what they want, i do speak my mind however when i'm asked about it, i don't go to church any more however, that is only one of the many reason.

as for as religion, like the word "religion", it brings to mind tradition, and i don't like tradition, because tradition leads to tradition for the sake of tradition, i want God for the sake of God.


--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I beleive in God but [Re: Freeker]
    #3768671 -

i think religion is mass mind control feeding off of people's fear of the unknown


--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:


"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I beleive in God but [Re: Help on the Way]
    #3768684 -

Slipknot420 said:
i think religion is mass mind control feeding off of people's fear of the unknown



that is definantly a thought that came to my mind atleast one time in my life.  :tongue:


--------------------
hello, your name is life on earth
------------------------------------

"I traveled a long way seeking God, but when I finally gave up and turned back, there He was, within me! O Lalli! Now why do you wander like a beggar? Make some effort, and He will grant you a vision of Himself in the form of bliss in your heart." -the saint of the Kashmir Shaivism tradition: Lalli.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I beleive in God but [Re: Freeker]
    #3768709 -

religion is like different forms of expression...too bad a lot of the times the result is seperation, war, and power struggles.


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* When will you all understand? There is no god!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 )
Fliquid 23,242 263 09/22/11 10:30 AM
by Cactilove
* Why religion obscures the light of God.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
infidelGOD 4,776 79 07/03/23 03:39 PM
by Moses_Davidson
* I'm anti-religion but still have Faith! trendalM 2,172 14 09/10/01 02:11 PM
by Vision_Quest
* Are you a slave to a God that doesn't exist?
( 1 2 3 all )
Larrythescaryrex 8,128 42 07/30/02 04:00 PM
by Larrythescaryrex
* How many of you believe in god?
( 1 2 3 all )
Hypnotic 7,030 49 11/25/01 05:10 PM
by oneoverzero
* One Nation under God?
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 3,888 28 04/27/03 02:17 PM
by atomikfunksoldier
* what is your god?
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomismM 3,124 45 03/16/03 04:19 PM
by johnnyfive
* name your religion
( 1 2 all )
eric_the_redS 2,324 32 07/14/03 08:45 AM
by gnrm23

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
705 topic views. 2 members, 1 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 14 queries.