Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Are you capable of killing? [Re: Swami]
    #3354796 - 11/13/04 06:44 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Statement of intent: I'll try not to kill anything, plants excluded for obvious reasons.

I'm not vegetarian, so technically I suppose I'm supporting the killing of animals. So does anyone wearing leather or fur, even if they're vegetarian.

In life-threatening situations, my instincts might take over, so I can't account for their influence. To boot, I've had fits of rage in my childhood and early teens that were akin to a berserker's rage. One could say I want to draw blood in those rages, so if someone manages to piss me off now (which is significantly harder to do), I can't account for what I'll do.

Edit-in: No matter how strongly I might feel about certain ideals, I'll never kill another man to defend those ideals. I don't believe any state stands for any other ideal than financial gain and the exercise of power (and the ideals they claim to stand for are part of the program because they need the support of the masses). Life is a gift that I can't give to anyone, so there can be no justification in taking it away. Behind every pair of (living) eyes lies a soul, think about it.

As I said, I'll try not to consciously kill anything, and I've managed to refrain from killing the last six months (including mosquitos, spiders and snails). I can't account for creatures that might have been crushed under my shoes, as it's impossible to always watch the ground.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Edited by Alan Stone (11/13/04 06:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: Are you capable of killing? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3354809 - 11/13/04 06:53 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I find this hard to believe but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Seriously, that's fucked up. You should have turned your friend in. Now you're basically a pseudo murderer since you two drove off.

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Are you capable of killing? [Re: Alan Stone]
    #3354821 - 11/13/04 07:03 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Alan Stone said:
Edit-in: No matter how strongly I might feel about certain ideals, I'll never kill another man to defend those ideals. I don't believe any state stands for any other ideal than financial gain and the exercise of power (and the ideals they claim to stand for are part of the program because they need the support of the masses).

I wrote this last night, seems kinda relevant:

Come let us draw lines in the sand,
and throw rocks at humans...
lay waste to the ruined...
We'll knock them down where they stand.
and make like we viewed them,
with wisdom imbued in
our hearts; as we cure idle hands.

I've heard of this ancient game.
Disguising the fact we're the same.
We'll put up a fight
and pretend we've the right
to unleash all our mis-shapen rage.

Yes, our God says your god's a fraud.
He's threatened our kingdom,
with everything he's done;
despite doing nothing at all.
A little misguidance
can go such a long way
dividing lines between us all.

I've heard it's this ancient game.
Oh, there's ways to evade the blame.
We'll take what we've no right
and bid them a goodnight
as we put our end to their shame.

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: Are you capable of killing? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3354863 - 11/13/04 07:46 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Cool poem  :thumbup: :regularshroom:

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Are you capable of killing? [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3354865 - 11/13/04 07:51 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, you grow up with drugs,guns and street crazies. Then you can talk to me about what is right and wrong.

I am no helper in any crime. I am a survivor and a damn lucky one at that.

Life in the "ghetto", as they say, is very much different then what most of you can relate to.

I fear no man only God. And God has seen me thru this part of my life.

I am a good person that has more than made up for my past mistakes.

P.S You do not turn it any biker from the Club this guy was from. Unless you want real trouble :rolleyes:

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada Flag
Re: Are you capable of killing? [Re: Gomp]
    #3355039 - 11/13/04 09:45 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
i might once have killed a fly!  :eek:

~~*hellllp me hellllp me*~~

^^^^From the original fly movie with Vincent Price, i simply couldn't resist. Next time i vow to try to excercise more restraint :grin:

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

OfflineTag_Number
Experience
Loc: Soma dreaming itself
    #3355084 - 11/13/04 10:02 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I am capable of being someone else.

But thats for Swami too find out in his life quest of know how.

For he is the only one. He knows.

But shhhhh. He will not tell you.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #3356275 - 11/13/04 03:16 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Either that is a lie or you are a totally fucked up person for participating in a murder and not saying anything. That is like the guy I heard about who's friend killed a little girl in a bathroom stall and he didn't rat out his friend because it wasn't "cool".

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you capable of killing? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3356282 - 11/13/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I WOULD kill someone who sexually abused my kids.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you capable of killing? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3356293 - 11/13/04 03:23 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

...and possibly for food...

--------------------

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: Are you capable of killing? [Re: Tag_Number]
    #3356469 - 11/13/04 04:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tag_Number said:
I am capable of being someone else.

But thats for Swami too find out in his life quest of know how.

For he is the only one. He knows.

But shhhhh. He will not tell you.

Okaaaaaaaaay, that was creepy. Are you trying to say that swmai has multiple personality disorder and creates puppets with his other personalities and isn't aware of them?

Orrrr are you just saying, you may become capable of being a murderer and you are going to kill him then he will know your answer?

Or are you just saying you are a puppet?

What are you saying?

I'm just being ridiculous, but what was that last reply all about????

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Are you capable of killing? [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #3356562 - 11/13/04 04:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

~~*hellllp me hellllp me*~~

^^^^From the original fly movie with Vincent Price, i simply couldn't resist. Next time i vow to try to excercise more restraint

I am fairly certain the fly in the web with human head and the high-pitched voice actually said "Save me! Save me!"

If I am wrong (is that possible?), then I will buy you a drink when you come to Vegas.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3356828 - 11/13/04 05:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Do know I was being ridiculous as Tags reply was strange. It reminded me of this vietnam vet dude in kauai who use to say things like,

"And then the nurses with the white burlap bags will come at night to take the waitresses and then they will know"

Bless that guy I can't imagine the trauma he went through in that war to have split like he did.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Are you capable of killing? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3356832 - 11/13/04 05:40 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I liked your poem a lot! An ancient game, he he cool! :thumbup:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3356881 - 11/13/04 05:53 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
Yeah, you grow up with drugs,guns and street crazies. Then you can talk to me about what is right and wrong.

I am no helper in any crime. I am a survivor and a damn lucky one at that.

Life in the "ghetto", as they say, is very much different then what most of you can relate to.

I fear no man only God. And God has seen me thru this part of my life.

I am a good person that has more than made up for my past mistakes.

P.S You do not turn it any biker from the Club this guy was from. Unless you want real trouble :rolleyes:

I'm not preachin to you, brother. I'm assuming this happened a long time ago, and I'm ecstatic that you've made your peace with God since then. I just hope that you look back on this with some God given wisdom that you made a mistake back then.. you didn't kill the guy, your friend did, but had your friend been subjected to justice he may of not killed himself from the guilt. It is a sad story.. May God bless all three of you in the next life.. :sad: Your friend was obviously not a killer as a true murderer kills without repentence and remorse.. your friend was only able to reconcile his taking of a life by taking his own.. very sad.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Are you capable of killing? [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3357070 - 11/13/04 06:37 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

when would i kill? i would kill with fucking violent joy if it was to protect my family from serious danger murder/rape. i would kill savagely to protect my own life as well. I might kill for an ideal or a group of people, or to prevent some massive catastrophe. (note about me, i probably wouldnt DIE for any ideal, but i might kill for one. )

heres an ethical conundrum, lets say some omniscient force gives you a baby boy, and says this is the child that will grow up to design the nucleur bomb that will be used to kill millions of innocent people. He wont be a bad man, but his device will be used for evil. If you kill this baby no one will ever design nucleur weapons.

would you do it?

honestly, if i truly believed what this angel thing was saying (that killing the baby would prevent thousands of men women children and babies from dieing in the future) i would think i would bring myself to throw that baby at the floor like a football after the touchdown.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Are you capable of killing? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3357100 - 11/13/04 06:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Violent joy.. spiking a baby like a football touchdown.. What an entertaining post.:lol:

Alrighty.. here's my stance:
I would kill if my own life was in true and immediate danger of another individual killing me. Kill or be killed, is how I see it.

I would kill in "violent joy" if a loved one's life of mine were in threat of another trying to kill/rape/torture them.

As far as food.. that's where it gets a little shady. I have a hard time trying kill an insect alone.. I don't even like killing spiders, I'd rather set them free outside. So as far as killing animals for food.. I think I would do it if my survival instincts overrided my normal-consciousness. But then again, maybe not...

Such a dilemma.

-Munches on a cheeseburger-

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3357259 - 11/13/04 07:27 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

no. even the terms "self defence" and "war" is very edgy in my book. I think it would be appropriate when a person is under attack to still consider a person's life, like some here said "aim for the leg"

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#3357272 - 11/13/04 07:30 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The fly WAS saying "help me". That creeped out moment was indelibly imprinted on my young mind as a child.

--------------------

OfflineViaggio
ChemicalConsumer

#3357449 - 11/13/04 08:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

There are several types of situations in which I'd kill.  I'm sure I'd find personal justification in things like vengeance, defending another, an act of mercy, for the greater good, food, and possibly money (but this is a slim chance).  There's probably other reasons, but I need to stop typing while I scratch my index finger.

Oh, and definitely anything trying to suck my blood :devil:

--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies