Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Regret for killing household pests : (
    #1669317 - 06/28/03 11:29 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I just went outside and murdered a family of wasps. Sure I could've transported them somewhere else, but this was alot of wasps. None of them even stood a chance, they all just fled from the human boy who practices sword fighting 3 hours a day. Probably just thinking about the kids in their nest, then trying to sting me. I always feel bad about killing crap, but I know it needs to go. Ever been walking along on a rainey day and stepped on a snail? In all technicallity, slugs are the biggest cactus pest of all. But no, he wasnt doing anything wrong at the time, just was a lil too small and not fast enough, and I fucking crushed him alive : (

Edited by HarveyWalbanger (06/28/03 11:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Regret for killing household pests : ( [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #1669477 - 06/28/03 12:30 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

The fish in the pond screams in pain as I smack the mosquito on my arm.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Anonymous

#1669512 - 06/28/03 12:59 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

just was a lil too small and not fast enough, and I fucking crushed him alive : (

that's what keeps 'em big and fast. you were an agent of natural selection.

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

#1669518 - 06/28/03 01:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

You said the magic word:  pests

Those fuckers deserve to die. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Regret for killing household pests : ( [Re: Jackal]
    #1669693 - 06/28/03 03:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

They don't market Raid for nothing.

Although if I find spiders in my house, I let them go about their business as they are sorta like the bounty hunters in the magical world known as my home.

--------------------

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
Re: Regret for killing household pests : ( [Re: Zahid]
    #1669741 - 06/28/03 03:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Right.. but when the spider is near your terarium.. I don't think you won't care about it :smile:...
  I used to have a spider in my room for a long time.. I played with him also.. gave him a name and so on..

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Regret for killing household pests : ( [Re: dumlovesyou]
    #1669939 - 06/28/03 05:39 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

When I first started to see a couple ants in my room, I was merciful and let them live.

so what happens? They lay all their scents and I start getting swarmed with them. Every time i look at the floor, I start seeing 3 or 4 ants scurrying around.

I was pissed, and went on a killing spree. crushing every ant I saw. I probably racked up near 30 frags or so... now they are very scarce again.. I guess they got the message...

one may be helpless against a human, but they have no problem in driving you crazy if you give them the freedom too.

why not just share your crumbs of food with them? sorry my standard of living is not changing for them. they can find plenty of food outside if they want.

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Regret for killing household pests : ( [Re: Grav]
    #1669942 - 06/28/03 05:40 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

i did however feel a little ache in my heart for each one i destroyed... they are in fact, living beings.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #1669984 - 06/28/03 06:09 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Something is calling you out of nature.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1670064 - 06/28/03 07:01 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Even when i was young i couldn't just hurt things or kill with no reason. Ive never really understood killing for sport. Killing for food was the only reason why i would say kill a dear.

As for "pests", ive done my pest saluatering before, but unless its nessisary, im a friend to the animal kingdom.

some times i do have remorse.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: Regret for killing household pests : ( [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1670076 - 06/28/03 07:07 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

one time when i was little i got a bb gun for xmas and i took it outside when my parents weren't home and shot a little birdie on my mom's feeder (it was a chickadee actually) and it fell on the deck and laid there dead in a little pool of its own blood. 

i felt so bad. :frown:

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: Regret for killing household pests : ( [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1670082 - 06/28/03 07:10 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

you guys really feel regret for killing bugs?

do you mourn when you take antibiotics?
or when you take a shower? killing many living things in the process?

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Regret for killing household pests : ( [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1670156 - 06/28/03 07:54 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

We have a choice to kill an insect or allow it to live. To take a shower or defend our own survival with antibiotics is beyond a reasonable attentiveness to the sanctity of life.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Re: Regret for killing household pests : ( [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1670246 - 06/28/03 08:41 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Antibiotics and burgers were pretty dead no matter what you did, but crushing bugs for the fuck of it is diffrent. You take a shitload of bug-lives just to make yourself feel more comfortable with where you're sitting at the time? If theres a pill bug, pick it up and chunk it across the street. Does he really gotta die just cause he walked in plain view of a human?

OfflineGixxer_boy
Rice Burner

Loc: Mass
    #1670263 - 06/28/03 08:51 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

I feel bad about killing most bugs, but I have no remorse for misquitoes, flies, ticks, or other extremely parasitic beings. At my work we do alot of digging in the dirt, and there are always tons of worms that are unfortunately unearthed or sometimes cut in half by a spade or shovel. I feel bad for them, and try to put them in a safe place when I get the chance but sometimes I just feel to tired and just leave them there. Also, sometimes some really nasty bugs get dug up, like grubs and such. They gross me out to much to care for them. I also went veggie for a while, but I just got to hungry and craved meat so much I just felt like I had to eat it.

--------------------
"Why do women have breasts?"
"So you can have something to look at when you're talking to them!" -Peter Griffin

Offlinesomebodyelse
In_Is_Out

Re: Regret for killing household pests : ( [Re: Gixxer_boy]
    #1670318 - 06/28/03 09:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Look for the coloring Carmine in your foods. Know what it is made from? Crushed beetles. I shit you not - search google for it ("carmine food color").

Funnily, it is often listed as a "natural flavoring".

OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Re: Regret for killing household pests : ( [Re: Gixxer_boy]
    #1670319 - 06/28/03 09:27 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

They prolly have a fucking tough life. And if it makes a diffrence to anyone, being an ant and being senselessly half-crushed to death along with like 17 of your peers and left to suffer and die is a tough existance. Ants do care for eachother, I see them dragging their injured away all the time. Have you no shame human?!  Do they not feel pain? Do they not feel fear when they run from you? I'm positive they do. :frown: 

OfflineGixxer_boy
Rice Burner

#1670383 - 06/28/03 10:04 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, but compassion only runs so deep when it comes to bugs. I don't like to kill ants, they aren't really mean animals in my opinion. I don't kill bee's or shit like that either, they aren't bad if you leave them alone. I just hate purely parasitic and disease spreading bugs, who give nasty bites and just make the summer suck. As for other bugs, I often kill them by accident. I sometimes feel bad but it happens so much that its hard to care all the time. One thing I hate is seeing those worms get cut in half. They're half thats left bends like the other half is still there, its kind of pathetic looking.

--------------------
"So you can have something to look at when you're talking to them!" -Peter Griffin

OfflineDavid_Scape
Anti Genius
Male

Loc: U.S. of muthafuckin A.
    #1670404 - 06/28/03 10:13 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Dude, the fact that bugs are so easy to kill makes up half the cool-factor of them. They fit the term 'biological robots' much more closely than mammals AND THEY LACK CUTENESS. But they make up for their lack of cuteness in pure badassery.

I bet cuteness is what seperates the people who feel sorry for killing bugs and others who take a leg off just to see the bugger twitch. If I felt some type of true empathy for a writhering bug, i'd probably be more hesitent in crushing it. But right now, if i decide not to kill a bug it's probably because i just think it's cool to look at.

You could even look at this ability to empathize to measure the capacity for cruelty and violence in a person. I, for instance, have no problem killing a scorpion or praying mantis (they could get pretty graphic at dieing too.), but when killing starts getting into mammals i'll start to get wierd. The only time i think someone really feels empathy is if the animal/bug start to show some human reactions. If i tore a leg off a cricket, all it would do is spasm everywhere like an epileptic. Big deal. Now if i began torturing a mouse, it would make this pitable little high pitch sound that would make me wish to kill it and get it over with. The more complex i assume an animals thoughts to be, the more i start to feel guilty about actually killing it. But generally, i dont have problems killing small mammals quickly.

--------------------
focusing
Flow
The Enneagram

OfflineGixxer_boy
Rice Burner

Re: Regret for killing household pests : ( [Re: David_Scape]
    #1670422 - 06/28/03 10:24 PM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Damn, your cold. Hmm, I think the biggest thing I've ever killed was a hermit crab (I was a little kid, poured hot water on it because I thought, as a tropical creature, it would enjoy it). I've never made roadkill, as hard as those squirrels may try to get under my tires. Seeing any type of pain in a living thing gives me the creeps. But I still like boxing for some reason..... I always feel bad for the loser though, hehe.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom