Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Cheney: Terrorists May Bomb U.S. Cities
    #3258002 - 10/20/04 08:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-4562002,00.html
Cheney: Terrorists May Bomb U.S. Cities

Tuesday October 19, 2004 9:46 PM

AP Photo OHPV104

By ANDREW WELSH-HUGGINS

Associated Press Writer

CARROLL, Ohio (AP) - Vice President Dick Cheney on Tuesday raised the possibility of terrorists bombing U.S. cities with nuclear weapons and questioned whether Sen. John Kerry could combat such an ``ultimate threat ... you've got to get your mind around.''

``The biggest threat we face now as a nation is the possibility of terrorists ending up in the middle of one of our cities with deadlier weapons than have ever before been used against us - biological agents or a nuclear weapon or a chemical weapon of some kind to be able to threaten the lives of hundreds of thousands of Americans,'' Cheney said.

``That's the ultimate threat. For us to have a strategy that's capable of defeating that threat, you've got to get your mind around that concept,'' Cheney said.

Cheney, speaking to an invitation-only crowd as he began a bus tour through Republican strongholds in Ohio, said Kerry is trying to convince voters he would be the same type of ``tough, aggressive'' leader as President Bush in the fight against terrorism.

``I don't believe it,'' the vice president said. ``I don't think there's any evidence to support the proposition that he would, in fact, do it.''

The Democrats called Cheney's comments ironic.

``He has the audacity to question whether a decorated combat veteran who has bled on the battlefield is tough and aggressive enough to keep America safe,'' said Mark Kitchens, Kerry campaign national security spokesman. ``He wants to scare Americans about a possible nuclear 9/11 while the Bush administration has been on the sidelines while the nuclear threats from North Korea and Iran - the word's leading sponsor of terrorism - have increased.''

The Kerry campaign has contended its Republican opponents are trying to frighten people with warnings of likely terrorist attacks in the United States and by suggesting America's enemies want Bush to be defeated.

In Des Moines, Iowa, on Sept. 7, Cheney told supporters: ``It's absolutely essential that eight weeks from today, on Nov. 2, we make the right choice, because if we make the wrong choice, then the danger is that we'll get hit again, that we'll be hit in a way that will be devastating from the standpoint of the United States, and that we'll fall back into the pre-9/11 mindset, if you will, that in fact these terrorist attacks are just criminal acts and that we're not really at war.''

Cheney praised the recent elections in Afghanistan but said they don't mean the U.S. mission there is finished.

``Does that mean it's over now and we can walk away? No, it doesn't,'' he said. ``This is three yards and a cloud of dust. There's no touchdown passes in this business. We'll stay as long as we need to help them train their own security forces, which we're doing actively so they can take over responsibility for their own security.''

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Cheney: Terrorists May Bomb U.S. Cities [Re: ekomstop]
    #3258067 - 10/20/04 08:40 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

"Vote for us or die" again, huh?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Anonymous

#3258083 - 10/20/04 08:43 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

too bad for kerry that his record and statements on matters of national security leave him completely open to these kinds of attacks. dick cheney may just be right.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Cheney: Terrorists May Bomb U.S. Cities [Re: ]
    #3258143 - 10/20/04 08:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

dick cheney may just be right.

Yep. By this time next year, we'll all be reading the Qu'ran.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #3258510 - 10/20/04 10:12 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

that would actaully be funny..where it not for bushs' impending victory...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

#3258549 - 10/20/04 10:19 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

And now of course here's edwards countering what cheney said claiming that "No, it is only we who can do a better job at 'protecting' America from the 'terrorists' " :rolleyes: ...anybody else have even the slightest of a hunch that this just might be about the silliest and/or most pathetic election in Amerikan history?

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/news/politics/9968465.htm?1c

Cheney accused of hypocrisy for suggesting nuclear attacks

Associated Press | October 20 2004

CANTON, Ohio - Democrat John Edwards called the Bush administration incompetent and hypocritical Wednesday after Vice President Dick Cheney suggested an American city could be the target of a nuclear attack and John Kerry was not up to heading it off.

Edwards, the Democratic vice presidential candidate, told about 1,500 people packed into Canton's civic center that a Kerry administration would protect the United States.

A day earlier, in Carroll, Ohio, Cheney defended President Bush's response to the Sept. 11 attacks and questioned whether Kerry would do as well.

"The biggest threat we face now as a nation is the possibility of terrorists ending up in the middle of one of our cities with deadlier weapons than have ever before been used against us - biological agents or a nuclear weapon or a chemical weapon of some kind to be able to threaten the lives of hundreds of thousands of Americans," Cheney said.

"For us to have a strategy that's capable of defeating that threat, you've got to get your mind around that concept," Cheney said.

Edwards called the comments "the height of hypocrisy."

"This is coming from a president and a vice president who have been completely incompetent in dealing with the situation in Iraq," Edwards said. "They've been incompetent in addressing the great threat in Iran and North Korea, both of which are moving forward with their nuclear weapons programs."

Edwards said the Bush administration also has failed to effectively "secure the loose nukes in the former Soviet Union."

"We need a president who will keep you safe. John Kerry will do that," Edwards said.

Bush campaign spokesman Kevin Madden responded to Edwards' remarks by again questioning the Democrats' ability to keep Americans safe, saying the candidates have a pre-Sept. 11 mindset.

"They think terrorism should be viewed as just a nuisance and that threats from terrorists and rogue nations supporting them should merely be managed and policed like regular crimes," Madden said. "That is a dangerous and troubling mindset to promote when it comes to protecting our national security interests."

Before the rally, Edwards met with eight people from the Canton area, including a laid off Hoover Co. employee and union officials who denounced repeated layoffs in the manufacturing industry in the area.

Edwards, who planned to meet with Ohio steelworkers later in the day, said a Kerry administration would be mindful of the needs of working men and women.

"At the end of the day we know we can do better," Edwards told the group.

Both sides are fighting hard for Ohio and its 20 electoral votes. Recent polls show the presidential race virtually tied.

OfflineGFM
Cpt. Midnight!
Male User Gallery

Loc: "Around the way"
    #3261574 - 10/21/04 06:06 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

As of last December, the DOD has said that over 2,000 credible and active plots in motion, by cells active in this country, have been shut down. At some point, you could say, that something could slip by?
It would be easy, to allow one self to wish that this nation has no real enemies, and IF we did have any, that once Bush leaves office, they will go away. I like fairy tales, too. Its not that simple.
In fareinhype 911, they show Mike Moore speaking to a crowd, saying there is no terrorist threat? Jesus!! Mike can make a movie, but WHO the fuck told fat ass that he was an expert on world affairs? JERK! Mayor Koch, was in the film, he said Mike asked him to stop making such a big deal, out of the towers? Koch told him: 3,000 people died!!! no wonder so many people from that camp are so fucked in the head. Nothing personal, anyone.
I'm NOT a Bush fan. I do think its insane, to feel all this is due to Bush, as well as that it would stop when hes gone.
I guess, its no stretch, when you go around spewing that bush IS the master mind behind it? whew. How many of "you" people will start making pipe bombs, and calling yourselves freedom fighters, if Bush wins?

--------------------
"Anything not nailed down, is mine.  Anything I can pry up, is not nailed down."    Richard Millhouse Nixon.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Cheney: Terrorists May Bomb U.S. Cities [Re: GFM]
    #3261596 - 10/21/04 06:11 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

As of last December, the DOD has said that over 2,000 credible and active plots in motion, by cells active in this country, have been shut down.

Link?

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Re: Cheney: Terrorists May Bomb U.S. Cities [Re: GFM]
    #3261608 - 10/21/04 06:14 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

When did I say I thought Bush was behind it all? Bush is nothing but a distractive puppet.

I think I'd contend that it's probably Al CIAda's terrorists who are intimately working with elements in the government plotting to carry out these types of events.

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: Cheney: Terrorists May Bomb U.S. Cities [Re: Learyfan]
    #3261675 - 10/21/04 06:26 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:

I don't get it.  :confused:

--------------------

OfflineGFM
Cpt. Midnight!
Male User Gallery

Loc: "Around the way"
    #3261690 - 10/21/04 06:28 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Well, I LOVE a good yarn: "who shot JFK" "Jimmy Hoffa" "Bigfoot" and the like, and I'm NOT throwing poo on your post, just that until something firm comes along, its just coffee table talk, which I love!!
I wish I COULD GIVE YOU A LINK, BRO!!!
I'm in the Military, the info I gave, was not secret, but is ONLY based on the Fed responding to active cells, within 90 miles of things they feel need protected First. I would love to give you more, but I don't know where to get it. I'm a WMD technician. I get to practice taking them down, cleaning up, etc the "mess" per them.
I would rather them be wrong!!! no hurry here, to go play in one!!! peace!

--------------------
"Anything not nailed down, is mine.  Anything I can pry up, is not nailed down."    Richard Millhouse Nixon.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Cheney: Terrorists May Bomb U.S. Cities [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3261794 - 10/21/04 06:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Zahid, cut it out. If you want to be banned again, believe me there are plenty of mods and admins who will gladly make the next one a perma-ban -- for all your puppets.

Stick with "allmakescombined" and count your blessings.

pinky

--------------------

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
Re: Cheney: Terrorists May Bomb U.S. Cities [Re: Phred]
    #3261838 - 10/21/04 06:58 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

pinky, I am having log-in problems with allmakescombined, i have talked to Ythan already about it.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Cheney: Terrorists May Bomb U.S. Cities [Re: Learyfan]
    #3262044 - 10/21/04 07:51 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Quote:

dick cheney may just be right.

Quote:

This is disingenuous. Next year is not the only year we need to think about. I myself am greatly concerned that nukes will continue to proliferate in spite of anyone's best efforts to stop it and I think that it is very important to squelch by whatever means necessary their possession by people insane enough to actually use them. Don't bother me with any Hiroshima jive either. That's a truly beaten mule and not germane to this discussion.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Cheney: Terrorists May Bomb U.S. Cities [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3262106 - 10/21/04 08:07 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

So you have no problem with having 'allmakescombined' permabanned and sticking solely to your newest username, 'zahudulallah'? That's fine by me. I'll ask one of the admins to do that now. Thanks for explaining the situation. Carry on.

pinky

--------------------

Offlineuno
enthusiast

Re: Cheney: Terrorists May Bomb U.S. Cities [Re: Phred]
    #3262526 - 10/21/04 09:22 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hah. Why'd zahid get banned?

--------------------
- uno

InvisibleAntiMeme
yankee doodledandy
    #3264047 - 10/22/04 09:23 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Your ruthless exploitation of the world and it's inhabitants in your quest for low gasoline prices and material gain might make some people pissed off. Your solution to this is to vote for those who are the most ruthless exploitaters of them all. This escalates the threat of retaliation, which gives more excuses for further raping and pillaging the world.

Round and round she goes.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom