Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
females and psychedelics * 1
    #3101130 -

I am just curious. There are some females who post on this forum, but in my life I have only met like 2 females who really liked psychedelics, all the rest were either terrified of them or thought people who did them were moral degenerates. How many females appreciate the spiritual aspect of entheogens or is this primarily a male dominated ego-driven thing like most of our (males) other BS.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3101163 -

ive known a few chicks who have eaten lsd or mushrooms...but never did i hear them describe any kind of spiritual experience. they were mostly using low doses for recreation...i live with my female cousin she eats shrooms (most she's had is 1.5-2 grams) but has only done it at phish shows she said. always with her boyfriend.....she just said she likes to dance on them...i never asked her if she thought there was something "more" to them though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3101172 -

I think this is an interesting question that I have thought about as well. I think there is a real male edge to a lot of psychedelia. However, there are plenty of female hippies and amazonian shamanesses.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: rdnp2035]
    #3101188 -

yeah what about that Maria Sabina lady?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3101194 -

My experience has pretty much been like what KOTT said. I've known quite a few girls that do shrooms, but I don't think any of them has ever mentioned having a spiritual experience on them.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3101240 -

a

Edited by matt (08/31/07 06:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #3101253 -

i am usually very self-conscious while tripping and would prefer not to be around girls...not till i comedown and want sex at least  :wink: i didnt have trouble tripping around 60 shroomery posters at the shroomery gathering though..that was a decent mix of women and men.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: silversoul7]
    #3101281 -

A friend of mine maintains that females don't like entheogens because they are inherantly shallow and focused on the outside. I don't think that is true after 18 years of marriage, but I am no expert. Truth to tell, though, they are funny animals to be sure. I do not pretend to understand them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3101282 -

a

Edited by matt (08/31/07 06:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3101299 -

Huehuecoyotl said:
A friend of mine maintains that females don't like entheogens because they are inherantly shallow and focused on the outside. I don't think that is true after 18 years of marriage, but I am no expert. Truth to tell, though, they are funny animals to be sure. I do not pretend to understand them.



i would think it is because they are more timid, scared to let go and submit to the chemical

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #3101314 -

a

Edited by matt (08/31/07 06:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3101351 -

i think it is because females are the whole lot in one bundle.

males always look to classify things and have adventures... seeking out experience, enlightenment, power... and... women.

women do not have the wanderlust of the male. it is not something they naturaly crave... that does not mean they dont go on adventures.

however, i believe it is easier for a women to find spirituality/enlightenment in themselves, going inwards. they do, after all, contain all the necasary elements of life. the archetypical image of the goddess is one of unity, and the trinity. a women does not have to go far to find her spirituality.

peace


--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.


~Casil



:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: Todcasil]
    #3101380 -

a

Edited by matt (08/31/07 06:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3101399 -

I had an old circle of friends when I frst started doing psychedelics. They did them too, as did many girls. I was the only one who seemed to appreciate spiritual aspects of psychedelics while my friends' trips only reinforced their existential theories about the world around them. And the females that I've known who tripped, they seemed to be more into it as a recreation than a tool. They would combine it with E or coke or something I would never do in a million years.

I am sure there are girls how there who have tripped and found some spiritual enlightenment, but they probably keep it to themselves.

Maybe it's like sex, girls like to keep their sexual experiences personal, guys like to brag about their sexual experiences - maybe they also like to brag about their spiritual experiences which is why it seems guys are more into the spiritual aspect of psychedelics than girls.

Just my two cents.

peace

zahid


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: Zahid]
    #3101432 -

you are right, arguing semantics, but the largest portion of women i met are like this.

i do have one female psychonautical friend, who has spiritual experiences (out of many women, that makes it less than 5% in my own personal experiences). she also has a lot of "male" charecteristics... like wanderlust, and the bravado. however, she does keep her experiences pretty much under wraps... i only found out about them through some intense sessions of talking about life and the universe with her.

perhaps males and females just show it differently?

peace


--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.


~Casil



:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3101468 -

You can count me as one of those ladies who has spiritual experiences on psychedelics.  I suppose that's why I'm here.  I didn't realize it was a "man thing" to eat shrooms.  Consider me puzzled.  :confused:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3101471 -

I'm a girl...

I only use psychedelics for spiritual purposes. I consider them sacred teachers. It sounds cliche writing it, but I honestly feel that way. At first I wanted to do mushrooms for the "wonder" of them, the excitement. Then, as I did them more, only the desire for experiencing what I interpret as spiritual remained.

Maybe I'm not the best type of girl for this question, since I was raised in a large family of males. I've always had this inner quest for the weird and magnificent, and the wonderous. I've just always been motivated entirely by my imagination, always willing to experiment and try something new.

The spiritual experiences I've had with psychedelics are what I cherish the most with them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3101486 -

I have a question, somewhat on topic.

Is it possible for a person to do entheogens for spiritual purposes, but do other drugs recreationally? This is something to think about, instead of blurting out, "Sure it is."


--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #3101526 -

Huehuecoyotl said:
A friend of mine maintains that females don't like entheogens because they are inherantly shallow and focused on the outside.



I'd like to believe that that's not true, but my experience tells me that it is for the majority of girls.


--------------------


"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: females and psychedelics [Re: SpecialEd]
    #3101545 -

I know plenty of females who do psychadelics and only one I know of has done them like me for spiritual experiances.  Unfortunately it is a minorty of users who use for spiritual experiance in general (outside the sex boundery). 

Most of the time they are force fed the spiritual experiance (because they aren't searching, it just happens) and then know what they are dealing with.

This reminds me, I like women :smile:


--------------------
Agent 727
7

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Psychedelics vs. Entheogens silversoul7 2,929 5 10/02/03 10:08 PM
by World Spirit
* ESSAY:Psychedelic induced mystical experiences by Alan Watts tekramrepus 3,070 6 03/21/03 11:43 AM
by pattern
* Psychedelics are good?
( 1 2 all )
skaMariaPastora 4,378 39 04/27/02 04:34 AM
by JustFootsteps
* Yin Yang and Balance
( 1 2 all )
gettinjiggywithit 3,238 30 10/01/04 10:03 AM
by gettinjiggywithit
* brain chems (DMT/psychedelics) vs spritual vessels DigitalDuality 4,023 13 07/13/04 06:44 AM
by JacquesCousteau
* A Theory of Psychedelics
( 1 2 3 4 all )
pattern 25,447 66 01/04/20 05:45 PM
by sudly
* Unlearning through entheogens *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 all )
dorkus 5,223 52 03/17/05 10:17 AM
by Body56Vital
* Psychedelics and children
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Metasyn 12,959 131 04/28/16 06:17 PM
by MarkostheGnostic

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
4,602 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 19 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.