Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3906 | 3907 | 3908 | 3909 | 3910 | 3911 | 3912 | 3913 | 3914 | 3915 | 3916 | 3917 | 3918 | 3919 | 3920 | 3921 | 3922 | 3923 | 3924 | 3925 | 3926 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Chiron098] * 2
    #29649278 -

Chiron098 said:
sure, whatever you say...



In my opinion it comes down to a couple of things. First one being time, when working in a SAB time and movement matters. When I free pour I can line up my grain jars and have the lid resting on the jar. Unscrew the lid on my LC bottle and inoculate 4 jars in under 30 seconds with minimal movement.

If I where to use a syringe the time and movement is noticeable increased. I would need to open the syringe, open the needle and connect them, then I would have to sanitize the injection port on both the LC and grain jars(which can't be sterilized more then once when making the broth/grains), fill the needle flame sterilized it and inject it.

Since I use LC for slow moving species and inoculate to AIO jars/bags I like to use at least 10ml LC and would have to repeat the process for every jar/bag. I also prefer SSLC and using a syringe would be a PITA on it's own.


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MushLuvR77]
    #29649279 -

you are not triggered right bro?:hehehe:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk]
    #29649294 -

makes sense from a practical point of view and trying to do it the fastest way. but i don't think is the safest one.

my point is that you don't need to worry too much with air movement if the jars are closed and the only hole you make is millimetric. you also don't expose any sterile media in open air and flame sterilization is easy.

in other threads about SAB usage, from Stipe and Cap(TC), there's this:



no SAB has 1,5m, but most have 50cm or so. so you can divide the values there by 3. even then, it would still take dozen minutes to several hours for bacteria of 1-2 microns to sediment(that i think is the range of most contams, as i remembered being stated here). is also unrealistic to think that the air is 100% still inside of a SAB regardless of how skillful the person is, as it has the arm holes, and arm movement, and such.

then i also think is safe to assume that a SAB is not sterile, and that the success using these methods are given to the own mycelium resistance against contam instead of an excellent infallible method.

what this means is that this method is probably good enough and that i shouldn't worry so much, just not theoretically the best.

thanks for the comment. i will try it first with the LC syringes and maybe try agar to grain right after or pouring to see how it goes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk]
    #29649310 -

Kloakk said:
JoeTherapist said:
This is exactly what I did. I’m glad using the tub was a good way. Just innoced some BRF with my practice prints. I have been doing swabs for agar but want to participate in cake wars, figured prints are better for making solution. And I want to start giving away some spores. 

Thank you so much! I have seen pictures of other people’s caps on foil in front of the hood, but it was probably just for handling.



I remove the caps after 24 hours, then let the prints dry for 2-4 days inside the tubs. When I'm ready to fold the foil I usually do it in front of the FFU, how much it helps I'm not really sure, but why not :lol:

Making a spore syringe work both ways, sometimes I'll scrape spores in a shot glass, other times I'll take two swabs(one with spores) and rub them in the solution.



I saw those techniques! I will use them eventually. I have Hillbilly Pumpkin fruit that like to grow super tall I trim some swabs from for my first marketplace offering.

Do you have a casing that’s up to date? I need to figure one out for my ATL 7’s. They are colonizing faster than I expected. Just harvested the stones and I’m going for stoned gummies using active tea. The tea is in the dehydrator right now, I hope it’s active, fingers crossed!!


--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Chiron098] * 3
    #29649311 -

Yeah I was not trying to say that you can't use a syringe and modified lids and or injection ports. I just wanted to share how I have done it and that in my opinion it is the path of least resistance for me, and it keeps it simple and with less "stuff", I got enough cult stuff and enough steps already that helps me tell myself "nah, I'll do it tomorrow" :lol:

Find your way and if it works it works :rockon:

JoeTherapist said:
I saw those techniques! I will use them eventually. I have Hillbilly Pumpkin fruit that like to grow super tall I trim some swabs from for my first marketplace offering.

Do you have a casing that’s up to date? I need to figure one out for my ATL 7’s. They are colonizing faster than I expected. Just harvested the stones and I’m going for stoned gummies using active tea. The tea is in the dehydrator right now, I hope it’s active, fingers crossed!!



I have a casing recipe sure, I am one of few that does this casing and it came to be because I can't get peat, but I use this casing for everything that needs one and it hasn't failed me yet. I would add that I've never grown any stone producers, so keep that on mind, but here it is.

- 60% Coir
- 30% Sifted Cactus Soil
- 10% Vermiculite
- 1g/l Calsium Hydroxide


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Kloakk] * 1
    #29649317 -




So I posted a pic of a fuller canopy a few days ago of this cube variety I got labeled as toque F13 and this is from spore. If this isn’t toque which some have said it is probably not what could it be? Everything else I got from them was what it said to be so I’m not sure I’m just super curious what I’m growing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Chiron098] * 4
    #29649323 -

Chiron098 said:
you are not triggered right bro?:hehehe:



I havent been a part of this "conversation" I just finished reading the last 3 pages and I can tell you from experience I sort of see myself a little bit in your frustration about the need to "know" the answers to all of your legit questions/theories/speculations/at times nonsensical demands for a specific answer that you want to land on.


Trust me i've been almost there at some point early on when my account was new, but unlike yall I have too thi (almost no skin) so I often times want to keep interrogating others that have a ton of experience but eventually Im affraid to keep pressing cause I cant handle the backlash :blush:


So....


Here's my tip for you: Do what I did, "interrogate" and "demand" science from the experienced growers but DO OWN EXPERIMENTS with all of these topics youre asking about, and ONLY when you've exhausted the "knowledge" from TESTING EVERY LAST theory for yourself in your own lab with your equipment and your standars, ONLY THEN make readable posts with lots of pictures and results and THEN start asking for INPUT...

That way when growers see that you're not possibly just wanting to argue and contradict but when you clearly ARE DOING what you're talking about then everyone will happily chime in and have much more tolerance with "greedy demands for more knowledge" :takingnotes::stoned:


--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub with optimal Surface Conditions

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Awfullotofshrooms] * 1
    #29649324 -

Awfullotofshrooms said:



So I posted a pic of a fuller canopy a few days ago of this cube variety I got labeled as toque F13 and this is from spore. If this isn’t toque which some have said it is probably not what could it be? Everything else I got from them was what it said to be so I’m not sure I’m just super curious what I’m growing



If it is any Toque F(X) I would assume it reverted back to a brown cube. If it is not Toque then it is A brown cube, I'm sure that helps answer your question :rofl:


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mateja]
    #29649325 -

And never fall into the trap of seeking consensus and agreements among everyone in most cult related procedures, it sounds logical there should be near 99% consensus especially among the cruical parts of cult, but this isnt math or an exact science, this is fairly uncharted territory, chances are you will eventually innovate something if you just try "figuring out" everything yourself and documenting the research. :mushroom2::heart:


--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub with optimal Surface Conditions

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mateja] * 1
    #29649329 -

Lmao a brown cubes a brown cube?!?! :coolcat:

lwk I like the way it looks xd n if it's a revert who knows might be good to work with there's not really a lot of information on fungi n how reverting/outbreeding effects selective efforts in past mutants.

And how similar selections effect it


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Chiron098] * 2
    #29649376 -

Chiron098 said:
well, the point i was making was not agar vs LC, but asking to explain why one would be less contam prone than other. and it was more about sterile techniques either way, instead of the medium.



As ive said, that question has been answered in a thousand different threads for over 20 years but the really simple answer--barring contam vectors--is that with agar we can simply SEE if theres a contam.. thats why the technique was deveoped.  With LC you need to test it on agar anyway to verify that its clean, and most of us who have used it have also dumped out gallons of it after finding it contaminated. 

Then theres all the various contamination vectors.  STIPE and others have developed ways of trying to decrease the number of vectors with some prettty slick inventions using medical tubing and locks etc, but most average growers dont have access to such resources.

All things considered, this is why we dont recommend it for new growers and why its considered much riskier than agar.


Hope this answer satisfies you.  You can easily find more detailed answers in a thousand threads using the search.  Have a great day.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: BeefExtreme] * 5
    #29649379 -

Also, please do not "interrogate and demand" information from experienced growers.

We arent employees of yours, or the shroomery.  We do this for free.  We offer our help for the betterment of humanity, not to satisfy every nagging curiosity of new growers.  We arent here as a substitute for the search function either.

Moreover, the more experienced you become, the more youll realize there is absolutely consensus among us where it matters.  We have different paths to arrive at the same result and we all do what we feel is best in our scenarios, but there is no disagreement where it concerns the fundamental conventions.

We have worked our asses off to streamline the information for new growers.  This isnt a database or a guide, its a community.  Apologies if it isnt satisfying.  Theres always reddit.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29649388 -

BeefExtreme said:
We arent. We do this. We offer. We arent.
We have. we all. we feel.
We have.



When one "experienced" grower on shroomery thinks something they all instantley think that and feel the same way and talk simultaneously :lol: this is some Rick and Morty lost episode where everything went wrong in a horrible experiment :eatingout:


now im not disagreeing with respecting everyone in a public forum, no one should ever INTERROGATE and DEMAND anything from anyone of course but last time I "interrogated" a TC (and almost always I send to their inbox) I think around a month ago I needed to know a list of very specific detail surrounding the grain jar colonization of his I saw in that period in  Cult POTD thread, I was asking:

"how much water he uses when making LI, and what container"
"how much of a culture per jar of LI"
"How many ml roughly per QT is poured"
"roughly how much of a fragmented Agar Culture he estimates is received in each qt jar"
"bla"
"bla"
"bla"

And then even some more questions, but nicely organized not a long message, and of course at the end I write "im not noccing grain with LI yet and wont be doing that until who knows maybe later this year so write back whenever you want or dont, im cool either way, and see ya around in MC"


Something about the pics of his colonizing grain jars just spoke to me in such a way that I started almost obsessing with wanting to know AT LEAST some rough estimates on his procedure, and if one or two VERY VITAL questions (for my tickling brain) would get left unanswered id feel like my attempt to gather this info failed, cause its a package deal thing for me :shrug:


Occasionally I get replies quickly, occasionally much later, and occasionally I dont even get a reply. Sometimes the lack of replies comes from posters that arent very active sometimes active posters just dont reply when I ask cult related stuff in PM, and of course I dont send more than one PM if I dont get a reply. :bongload:


--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub with optimal Surface Conditions

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mateja]
    #29649393 -

But Chiron, you are inexperienced:
Chiron098 said:
my experience with agar is zero, nothing. never done it.




The addition of a third container opens more risk. That's it.


--------------------
----<><><>----
⁂ tail-lights, back-pockets, rearview mirrors ⁂

⁂ guides | grows | supreme air box | sporeaddict ⁂

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mateja] * 1
    #29649394 -

I really feel that noone should be discouraged from exploring their hobby/interests with devotion and passion, I mean thats basically what a forum is right? Its not a company/organisation service provider that has people clocking in and working through their shift, making no money and then have to deal with ungrateful customers..


I feel like most "experienced" growers here have varying experience with widely varying procedures/methods and what not, sometimes I want very few or just one specific person to share his thoughts, somtimes i want as many as possible to chime in with ideas and experiences, I feel its always something unique :shrug:

And at the end of the way were all gron ups here, no one is held hostage, no one needs to do anything for anyone we all operate out of our general personal interest in all this.


Sometimes its more appropriate to (attempt) to "interrogate" or debate in a thread of its own, maybe a jornal, PM whatever, and there should be no hard feelings, no obligations but heated debates have historically kind of shaped this forum for better or worse but its still just that, and shouldnt be some place where we have to watch our steps and talk quietly, not saying anyone claims this im just saying thats how i feel :cheers::hatsoff:


--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub with optimal Surface Conditions

Edited by Mateja (08/17/26 07:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mateja] * 3
    #29649395 -

@mateja, chiron


Why don't we clear the room for the new growers who actually have cultivation related quick questions? You're more than welcome to bring this discussion over to the confessional but I think we are getting a little off-topic.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Edited by BeefExtreme (08/17/26 07:42 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29649401 -

I wasnt debating anything it was just a reply to your post, wasnt planning on writing 10 more posts on two pages, just wanted to say that what you wrote I Can say for a fact doesnt resonate with me personally simply the Factual stuff you said like there being "full consensus among experienced growers" and I for one strongly disagree and have many doubts about certain aspects of growing shrooms but I know that discussions are useless unless someone backs up their claims with pictured posts and receits with numbers. And I dont diasgree at all that quick questions should be posted in the quick uestion thread,


but I read that as "instantley shooot your question here and someone will instantley reply" I didnt read that as "only post very limited text and dont post alot"

I could be wrong but I hope top God im not, some posters have difficulties expressing their thoughts as eloquently as others, some have lower IQ some are just very stoned and forgetful anyhow im done here i didnt come to cause trouble. peace


--------------------
Cakes inside Water Tub with optimal Surface Conditions

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Mateja]
    #29649419 -

Quote:
Kloakk said:[/]

I have a casing recipe sure, I am one of few that does this casing and it came to be because I can't get peat, but I use this casing for everything that needs one and it hasn't failed me yet. I would add that I've never grown any stone producers, so keep that on mind, but here it is.

- 60% Coir
- 30% Sifted Cactus Soil
- 10% Vermiculite
- 1g/l Calsium Hydroxide



Thank you! I have seen the calcium hydroxide or lime in some recipes. Could I use calcium sand to replace it? What is it for? Do you have a brand of cactus soil that works for you?

I appreciate your input. With what I have seen about the stone potency debate I’m really just seeing for myself how active the active tea is from stones, then wanting to get some fruit to print/consume for the sake of experience. I don’t see why that casing wouldn’t work just fine!

Anyone else have any casing recipes for stone producers? I did post in the stone producers thread, but I may need to ask again, I think it got buried. I also read through and saw some casings in that thread, but they didn’t have the ratios.

First ATL7 and stone producing project any info helps!!!


--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: JoeTherapist]
    #29649430 -

JoeTherapist said:
Thank you! I have seen the calcium hydroxide or lime in some recipes. Could I use calcium sand to replace it? What is it for? Do you have a brand of cactus soil that works for you?

I appreciate your input. With what I have seen about the stone potency debate I’m really just seeing for myself how active the active tea is from stones, then wanting to get some fruit to print/consume for the sake of experience. I don’t see why that casing wouldn’t work just fine!




The calsium hydroxide is to increase the pH of the casing to make it more hostile to other organisms. Any cactus/seedlings soil will be fine I think, just want something that isn't too rich in nutrients. The one I use is a peat based cactus soil, but I'm over in Scandinavia so unless you are as well the specific brand probably isn't available, but again it probably doesn't matter.

In the US it seems a lot are using Jiffy seed starter mix, I have read about using calsium sand as a supplement in a casing, but not to increase pH.


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29649459 -

but the vector of contam i was talking about was during inoculation of agar to grain, not before.

you can still get contam even if you have a clean agar/LC if your sterile technique is not on point during inoculation as far as i know. my question was if agar would be for some reason, more resistant to contam DURING INOCULATION, compared to a LC.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3906 | 3907 | 3908 | 3909 | 3910 | 3911 | 3912 | 3913 | 3914 | 3915 | 3916 | 3917 | 3918 | 3919 | 3920 | 3921 | 3922 | 3923 | 3924 | 3925 | 3926 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* Another quick question, double dosage? dr4g0n 1,035 5 12/18/02 06:46 AM
by BladeLSD
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!
* quick question SuppaFly 1,039 1 09/18/02 02:41 PM
by mickey_rourke
* Re: Quick Question
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,528 22 06/14/00 03:46 AM
by hitterg

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,155,048 topic views. 8 members, 67 guests and 217 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.072 seconds spending 0.045 seconds on 16 queries.