Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 3905 | 3906 | 3907 | 3908 | 3909 | 3910 | 3911 | 3912 | 3913 | 3914 | 3915 | 3916 | 3917 | 3918 | 3919 | 3920 | 3921 | 3922 | 3923 | 3924 | 3925 | | Last >
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Chiron098]
    #29649158 -

Actually you did by claiming he was the one with the ego. Someone answering your questions directly and thoroughly made you so uncomfortable you chalked it up to ego. That’s a personality flaw you have. I’ve seen it over and over.

There are options for sterile techniques, not sterility.

You just really barely know anything at all. You’re not questioning things, you’re pushing back when you receive correct answers to questions.

Before too long, no one is going to want to engage with you in these pointless struggle sessions.


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head]
    #29649162 -

that's fine, and i used your comment there only as an example. i think you just was annoyed at me and this is fine. you tried to explain it better for me right away and i appreciate that.

i'm not arguing for ego neither trying to diminish your experience or authority here, i just don't see a consistent logic in what you are saying.

the easiest way to put this in words would be this:

you said agar to grain is what i should start. to do agar to grain you use a agar plate(broth) and a bistoury(instrument) to transfer it to grain jar.

but with a LC is essentially the same. you use a LC(broth), draw with the syringe(instrument) and transfer to grain jar.

the inconsistence would be in thinking agar is good and LC is bad, even if the workflow is very similar.

my reasoning can be summarized very simply that using syringes would reduce or completely eliminate contact with air. you use the physical barrier of jars, SHIPS, needles and the syringe to not let it get in contact with open/SAB air. you also only make millimetric holes instead of opening an entire jar, what would effectively reduces the chance of contamination because of less contact area. that's it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #29649172 -

i didn't turn anything personal, and i'm still trying to learn and have fruitful insights. i simply pointed out something i had seen and interpreted it as unproductive.

but that's alright buddy, you don't need to engage with me. you didn't helped me, and this is simply unproductive and personal attacks. just move on with your life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Chiron098] * 1
    #29649184 -

This is the second time (that I'm aware of) you have definitely made things personal, then using "buddy" and "pal" in a condescending manner like your text is mightier (or has merit) over others.  I guess you never heard the phrase... check your ego... at the door!  The end of your text is just a projection of yourself.  "just move on with your life".

  Are you a cultivator, or instigator, I'm severely confused.  And for the record, you were helped, you just didn't get the answer or validation that you so badly desire (for some weird reason) and or seek!  Hey "sport" could we get back on track with Q@A and quit clogging the thread with your shenanigans.  Thank You in Advance!

MushLuvR

Edited by MushLuvR77 (08/16/26 08:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MushLuvR77]
    #29649189 -

this is literally something you pulled out of your ass. i never said i'm mightier than anyone, and you are getting triggered by words like "buddy" and "pal", lol. meanwhile the guy literally called me retard and transformed it in a pure "personality analysis".

questioning an answer is not a "validation seeker". you can also simply ignore if you don't like it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Chiron098]
    #29649192 -

Relax, big dawg.


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 1
    #29649198 -

Im out here breaking my own rules.

I just can’t help but be baited when you do this. That’s a flaw of my own. I’ll leave it be.


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Chiron098] * 1
    #29649204 -

Chiron098 said:
this is literally something you pulled out of your ass. i never said i'm mightier than anyone, and you are getting triggered by words like "buddy" and "pal", lol. meanwhile the guy literally called me retard and transformed it in a pure "personality analysis".

questioning an answer is not a "validation seeker". you can also simply ignore if you don't like it.



I don't give "people" the satisfaction of ignoring them, and frankly, I don't shy away from confrontation. I'm being very "mellow" with you "bro".  Triggered, you are funny dude, I'm X Gen home slice, you can't get under my skin and don't know where I've been... young padawan.  You seek attention, nothing more, someone needs a hug from their dog, mom, somebody extend this mofo an olive branch... pronto!  Your troubles are clearly beyond cultivation, lashing out like a child, and you expect to be taken seriously!  Come on, do us all a favor and chill out, go smoke, do whatever you do, but throw in the towel already.  You are doubling down on a losing hand, makes no sense.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: fiddle_head]
    #29649215 -

Thanks fiddle for the indepth and over the top perfect example of KISS.

I had a feeling syringes n needles n all that would just indeed be another vector for contamination or troubleshooting I don't need.

When I make it to lc il definitely try pouring under controlled environments like a sab or hood :smile:

Makes perfect sense to me how introducing all of that is over the top compared the single use jars or similar for the lc n just pour. 

Il probably do a few attempts at the same strain for lc when I go about it to see which is easyer for me to achieve or which I need a practice on depending on what I like more/had more success with.

Josex poke/ clean agar wedges
And I have a feeling the wedges will probably be easyer for me to achieve with less skills/steps involved though both will be handy to learn xd

:rockon:


--------------------





An enigma some caerulescens n a mono 😎

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MushLuvR77]
    #29649221 -

you are getting triggered bro. relax pal. you are getting too nervous buddy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Chiron098]
    #29649227 -

Chiron098 said:
you are getting triggered bro. relax pal. you are getting too nervous buddy.


Repeating yourself and projecting again, you clearly don't know huh, we X Gen's don't know anything about being triggered... you put yourself in a bad position and then mad at the results.  Amusing, like a clown at a circus, could I squeeze your nose, and see if it honks?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MushLuvR77] * 1
    #29649229 -

you could squeeze my dick if you want. my dick has a red tip too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Chiron098] * 3
    #29649234 -

Where did I put that pocket microscope...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Chiron098] * 2
    #29649235 -

Id say 100% of the tc's here agree that LC isnt the medium new growers should use for very obvious reasons that have been discussed in hundreds of threads--including this one--ad nauseam. .  Every one of us encourages agar as the preferred medium for new growers for similarly obvious reasons but cheifly, reliability and consistency.

Most of us agree that LC isnt neccesary at all to grow cubes.  That doesnt mean LC doesnt have its place or that we uniformly condemn it, or teaching people to use it. 

I guess im not sure what your issue is this time chiron.


--------------------
Need a lift?

Edited by BeefExtreme (08/16/26 10:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: BeefExtreme]
    #29649238 -

well, the point i was making was not agar vs LC, but asking to explain why one would be less contam prone than other. and it was more about sterile techniques either way, instead of the medium.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Chiron098]
    #29649243 -

And you received an accurate answer


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: JoeTherapist]
    #29649251 -

JoeTherapist said:
This is exactly what I did. I’m glad using the tub was a good way. Just innoced some BRF with my practice prints. I have been doing swabs for agar but want to participate in cake wars, figured prints are better for making solution. And I want to start giving away some spores. 

Thank you so much! I have seen pictures of other people’s caps on foil in front of the hood, but it was probably just for handling.



I remove the caps after 24 hours, then let the prints dry for 2-4 days inside the tubs. When I'm ready to fold the foil I usually do it in front of the FFU, how much it helps I'm not really sure, but why not :lol:

Making a spore syringe work both ways, sometimes I'll scrape spores in a shot glass, other times I'll take two swabs(one with spores) and rub them in the solution.


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Smellyhobbit]
    #29649254 -

sure, whatever you say...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: MushLuvR77]
    #29649259 -

you even carry one in your pocket to see your own dick right?:hehehe:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ask Quick Questions, Get Quick Answers [Re: Chiron098]
    #29649277 -

Why are you piggybacking, I'm surprised you understood the joke, but I guess you didn't realize it was on you. :laugh:

You definitely don't understand that laughing at your own text means two things, your self-esteem is through the roof, which it isn't, or you are suffocating and crying out for help.  I hope you figure it out, don't let it fester and become more than it is, suppression will stall the inevitable, but shit, I'm just a cultivator, what do I know.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 3905 | 3906 | 3907 | 3908 | 3909 | 3910 | 3911 | 3912 | 3913 | 3914 | 3915 | 3916 | 3917 | 3918 | 3919 | 3920 | 3921 | 3922 | 3923 | 3924 | 3925 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* quick question, finished colonizing? usefulidiot 1,848 1 04/06/03 04:31 PM
by kindkesey
* Quick Question grateful_head 1,233 2 08/18/01 01:40 PM
by Billyblastoff
* New to the boards, and a quick question to start ! Anonymous 1,825 4 03/11/02 01:18 AM
by 2shrewmen
* Quick Question, quick answer please Close Call 620 1 10/06/02 10:18 AM
by rheidiohed121
* Quick questions RE: Practicalities of Agar pouring Heruuka 1,757 5 10/10/02 02:22 AM
by Anno
* some quick questions about my treasure coasts alf 3,840 19 11/15/01 11:54 PM
by Anonymous
* New to growing shrooms, I need a few questions answered. WakeboardrB 3,118 13 05/18/03 03:49 PM
by Artifice
* Quick Question needs quick answer Wheedhead! 1,176 2 01/19/03 07:06 AM
by Wheedhead!

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,155,084 topic views. 9 members, 97 guests and 186 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.065 seconds spending 0.044 seconds on 16 queries.