Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1511 | 1512 | 1513 | 1514 | 1515 | 1516 | 1517 | 1518 | 1519 | 1520 | 1521 | 1522 | 1523 | 1524 | 1525 | 1526 | 1527 | 1528 | 1529 | 1530 | 1531 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cronicr] * 1
    #29353441 -


Does this look okay? I'm trying to clean up some cultures I have that always seem to do good up until I fruit and get green mold out the ass. I took a couple pieces of the very edge and transferred. I have a feeling the fuzzy growth is a contam.


--------------------


Everything is better when it is done ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Sulfurshelfsean] * 10
    #29354071 -

Beautiful Yeti T1 6 1/2 days old.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: AZ Starman2112]
    #29354516 -

Geezed said:


Will these explode from thermal shock if I take them from PC @ 150 f and put them in a cooler temp at say consistent 120 f?

Just nervous after the quart jar 9ish years ago of LC exploded on me. Do to me not paying attention and went to go wash my hands in the sink next to my LC got hit with cold water. Lesson learned the hard way.

Trying to learn as I go and hate learning the hard way.

:shrug:

I'm really trying to get more into this hobby. I got 500 disposable plates, grafting tape and would like to pour roughly 50 to 100 total this week.



help and guidance plz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Geezed] * 2
    #29354534 -

The simple solution is to not handle hot glass


--------------------
"Remember, kids, the difference between science and screwing around is writing it down" -adam savage
Flowchart for Recommended plan of action.
Learn the tried and true way to grow mushrooms
Use the Damn search engine
After you know what you're doing, take a break 
Pick a book, Make some chips!
Josex said:Don't take the site seriously bro, ain't worth it.
 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: tryptkaloids] * 3
    #29354639 -

Some LC testing. First time using agar.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Geezed] * 1
    #29354670 -

Geezed said:
Geezed said:


Will these explode from thermal shock if I take them from PC @ 150 f and put them in a cooler temp at say consistent 120 f?

Just nervous after the quart jar 9ish years ago of LC exploded on me. Do to me not paying attention and went to go wash my hands in the sink next to my LC got hit with cold water. Lesson learned the hard way.

Trying to learn as I go and hate learning the hard way.

:shrug:

I'm really trying to get more into this hobby. I got 500 disposable plates, grafting tape and would like to pour roughly 50 to 100 total this week.



help and guidance plz



The answer is maybe?:shrug:

I don’t know that brand. I routinely take hot glass to a much cooler water bath with no problem, but I’m using Corning labware. I’ve heard too many horror stories from no name amazon glassware.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: RoscoeReturns]
    #29354816 -

Thanks.
Guess there's only one way to find out. I was gonna run it on my induction burner near flowhood. Think I'll keep it in the other room so I don't mess up the hood.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Gubar1]
    #29354845 -

Gubar1 said:
Some LC testing. First time using agar.





Looks like some clean lc to my eyes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: fahtster] * 2
    #29354935 -

Some of my favorite plates right now. 1&2 are x7x+ T1 from spore. And the last one is a Pan "TTBVI" T1 I am cleaning up from spore.





Thanks, Hippie!


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Gilmour Hendrix] * 1
    #29354948 -

This is an update using TSA plates.  These are after first transfer and did reveal contams hiding underneath.  Using backlighting, those contams showed up very obvious.  I transferred from these plates to regular LME plates

Reishi



Melmac



TSA is a bit expensive but I really like how clear the plates are and, for me, the contams showed very clearly for my old and inexperienced eyes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Headass]
    #29357262 -






First time getting ochra and it’s definitely very aggressive as I’ve read but is this normal for agar? This was the first transfer from spores.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ihansterx4i]
    #29357270 -

So, okra is a fungus these day?


--------------------

:mushroom2: LotKid's PE Tips        :shpongle:    LotKid's Chocolates :mushroom2:
:dancingbear: :dancingbear:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: LotKid]
    #29357362 -

ihansterx4i said:





First time getting ochra and it’s definitely very aggressive as I’ve read but is this normal for agar? This was the first transfer from spores.



That does not look like any of the Ochra plates I’ve done. The last two pics, I’d try and take a very small clip of the outer edges and put it to new plates. The top two I’m not so sure about.

LotKid said:
So, okra is a fungus these day?




Got any of dem okra spores?
:lmafo:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: AZ Starman2112]
    #29357377 -

Haha ok thanks, that’s what I thought.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ihansterx4i]
    #29357390 -

ihansterx4i said:
Haha ok thanks, that’s what I thought.



To give you an idea of what you are looking for, these are the last plates of Ochras I sent to grain. One was from a Plin off a germ plate, the other a T1 plate.




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: AZ Starman2112] * 1
    #29357623 -

Beautiful plates. Wow ok thank you. How did you manage to cut the transfer in a circle like that?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ihansterx4i] * 1
    #29357632 -

Leather punches work great


--------------------
It doesn't matter what i think of you...all that matters is clean spawn
I'm tired do me a favor

I'M A MEMBER FIRST, TC WHEN NEEDED AND MOD WHEN I HAVE TO BE !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Sulfurshelfsean] * 1
    #29357679 -

Sulfurshelfsean said:

Does this look okay? I'm trying to clean up some cultures I have that always seem to do good up until I fruit and get green mold out the ass. I took a couple pieces of the very edge and transferred. I have a feeling the fuzzy growth is a contam.




Hard to tell TBH, I'm pretty picky. Transfer and watch again!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cronicr]
    #29357786 -

ihansterx4i said:
Beautiful plates. Wow ok thank you. How did you manage to cut the transfer in a circle like that?



cronicr said:
Leather punches work great



:whathesaid:

8mm metal leather punch, which some may say is to big.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: AZ Starman2112]
    #29357861 -

How to know if it s mold / contam or some fluffy myc ?




--------------------
wow

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1511 | 1512 | 1513 | 1514 | 1515 | 1516 | 1517 | 1518 | 1519 | 1520 | 1521 | 1522 | 1523 | 1524 | 1525 | 1526 | 1527 | 1528 | 1529 | 1530 | 1531 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* agar plate transfers..im not sure?? answers? wutang 2,044 7 11/21/07 12:16 PM
by total
* Re: mold in agar plate Anonymous 14,268 3 12/04/99 12:35 AM
by Anonymous
* Agar emergency - myc growth but container has bacteria n the sides *DELETED* vinzy_a 1,381 10 09/28/06 08:06 AM
by vinzy_a
* Bacterial contams - agar Owl 3,582 3 09/21/06 02:16 PM
by RogerRabbit
* agar too thick!! wutang 1,782 4 10/27/07 08:20 AM
by wutang
* First AGAR atempt log...
( 1 2 all )
MushroomJoe 3,284 24 10/30/07 07:59 AM
by FGL
* Fruit on Agar?? Yarry 5,826 17 01/22/04 09:44 PM
by Anonymous
* Agar Anonymous 1,591 8 04/15/04 10:15 AM
by Bi0TeK

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,468 topic views. 26 members, 89 guests and 209 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.045 seconds spending 0.024 seconds on 18 queries.