Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1418 | 1419 | 1420 | 1421 | 1422 | 1423 | 1424 | 1425 | 1426 | 1427 | 1428 | 1429 | 1430 | 1431 | 1432 | 1433 | 1434 | 1435 | 1436 | 1437 | 1438 | | Last >
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cybesa] * 3
    #29163125 -

Wish me luck! These are the first plates I inoculated. I did six types, two plates of each, one streaked in quadrants as shown in Stipe’s Why Agar thread, the other with a drop in the center lightly spread out by slight tilting rotation. Labeled and wrapped with cling wrap. Figured I’d just see what the differences are in the different ways of inoculating to learn what happens with each. Hopefully this works and I can consider spores to grain a part of my past. Thank you to all who got me to this point. I’ll keep y’all updated on how they do!

Edit: Don’t mind the spots in the agar, that was just bits from the insides of the media bottles after PC’ing.


Edited by AZ Starman2112 (03/19/25 07:26 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: cybesa] * 2
    #29163140 -

I haven't done much with agar for ages, been doing clone-only woodlovers for the last ten years.  But, I recently got a swab of the very interesting new species from New Zealand, the "Jizz in your pants" mushroom, aka JIYP/ SP NZ-02
I initially only got one clean plate out of several. Probably cuz I used pre-poured plates that came poorly sealed. Since then I've transferred the best ten sectors 3 times. I now have about 30 T3 plates.
All the ones I poured myself look clean and fairly uniform, but there is still some very minor sectoring. Should I send the best looking ten or so to grain, grow them out and start cloning fruits, or should I keep transferring until there is no sectoring at all?
They're not "scalloped", just some areas are a bit thicker than others but they're all growing at about the same rate.
Oh also since I switched to PDYA from MEA they look much happier.
Can't get pics right now I lost my stupid phone again. It happens when your girlfriend works at a weed store but doesn't smoke weed herself so she tries out all the products on me and I lose my phone and my keys constantly.


--------------------
Question everything.
Believe nothing.
Think for yours3lf.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Digit] * 2
    #29163190 -



--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Digit] * 1
    #29163346 -

Got a link?

Well with 30 plates, send some, Cabin sequester some, slant some...:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: LewDoja] * 3
    #29163519 -

Getting into tropical pans


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Churpee Choozle] * 3
    #29163689 -

Tico swab plate made a peace sign. Should I transfer the mycelium where they intersect and join?



This is a F2 of a Wild Costa Rican strain, I think.


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Huskies]
    #29163848 -

Great pic, I know, but is this myc or mold? Germination plate using spore print which I was told isn't the cleanest


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Ursvar] * 1
    #29163849 -

Looks like good growth to me, transfer it to a new plate


--------------------
I call them Huskies cause they Mush!


The Official Wild Cubensis Thread
Instant Pot Agar
Gnocchi Water Agar
Let's Talk Cowtek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Ursvar] * 1
    #29163891 -

Ursvar said:
Great pic, I know, but is this myc or mold? Germination plate using spore print which I was told isn't the cleanest





Mycelium can be any fungal growth. Mold is mycelium.  It looks like cube myc to me. Is that what you’re trying to grow?


--------------------
A Love Letter to New Growers
The 7 Edicts of Mushroom Cultivation as Decreed by Smellyhobbit

:kodama:


Anyone can get a canopy. But can you get what you want?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smellyhobbit] * 4
    #29163970 -

Couple of beauties



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Headass]
    #29163978 -

gaw-jus!

:loveeyes:


--------------------
Learn it, know it, live it


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Headass] * 3
    #29163982 -

Pan Tamp from multispore



Riptide OG Transfer #2



--------------------

Check out my
My Trade List  :opensign:

Check out my
wanted Strain List  :opensign:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Mackload]
    #29163989 -

Quick question if I may! Since this is my first time working with agar, is it normal to get condensation after inoculating your plates and wrapping the edges in cling wrap? I also got condensation in the one that I didn't inoculate and wrapped to be used at a later date. All my plates were condensation free before wrapping them. The agar felt pretty firm when I touched it with a sterilized inoculation loop.


Edit: Also how do you number plates?

Edited by AZ Starman2112 (03/20/25 05:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: AZ Starman2112]
    #29164034 -

Condensation can form from temperature swings in the room. Not sure what you mean about number the plates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: AZ Starman2112]
    #29164057 -

AZ Starman2112 said:
Quick question if I may! Since this is my first time working with agar, is it normal to get condensation after inoculating your plates and wrapping the edges in cling wrap? I also got condensation in the one that I didn't inoculate and wrapped to be used at a later date. All my plates were condensation free before wrapping them. The agar felt pretty firm when I touched it with a sterilized inoculation loop.


Edit: Also how do you number plates?



I pour my plates in stacks of 10 at around 125 degrees fahrenheit, I have a infrared temp gun, I get condensation on the top few but it usually goes away over time. I let them sit in front of the flow hood before wrapping/use.

First plate no number, first transfer T1, second transfer T2 etc. Date, Species and sometimes I will label with the type of agar, it helps me keep track of everything.


--------------------

Check out my
My Trade List  :opensign:

Check out my
wanted Strain List  :opensign:



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: fungitobewith]
    #29164154 -

fungitobewith said:
AZ Starman2112 said:
Quick question if I may! Since this is my first time working with agar, is it normal to get condensation after inoculating your plates and wrapping the edges in cling wrap? I also got condensation in the one that I didn't inoculate and wrapped to be used at a later date. All my plates were condensation free before wrapping them. The agar felt pretty firm when I touched it with a sterilized inoculation loop.


Edit: Also how do you number plates?



I pour my plates in stacks of 10 at around 125 degrees fahrenheit, I have a infrared temp gun, I get condensation on the top few but it usually goes away over time. I let them sit in front of the flow hood before wrapping/use.

First plate no number, first transfer T1, second transfer T2 etc. Date, Species and sometimes I will label with the type of agar, it helps me keep track of everything.



OK, easy enough to understand on the numbering. Thanks!

On the plates, I got condensation after I poured. I followed D3's tek and poured at 140F. I did stack some but, after about 5 or 6 days, none had any condensation. I keft them in the SAB the entire time. I incoulated yesterday which was 10 days after pouring and I had no condensation, no contamination and none were wrapped. I only got the condensation after I inoculated and then wrapped both the inoculated plates and non-inoculated. Was wondering why and if that is normal?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: AZ Starman2112]
    #29164233 -

AZ Starman2112 said:
I only got the condensation after I inoculated and then wrapped both the inoculated plates and non-inoculated. Was wondering why and if that is normal?



I get a little condensation just by moving my plates from the shoebox I store them in to my SAB, after transfers it goes back to the shoebox and clears up in a day or two.


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: AZ Starman2112]
    #29164237 -

Condensation happens when the agar is warmer than the lid of the dish. That’s why pouring at lower temps usually makes less condensation and why it helps to pour in a stack from the bottom up. If you got condensation after wrapping your plates it’s probably because the room got cooler while you were in there, possibly from an open door to a less heated room.


--------------------
Question everything.
Believe nothing.
Think for yours3lf.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Digit]
    #29164242 -



Unusual myc growth pattern here. The others of the same species are similar but this one is the most… whatever that is.
Species is NZ-02 aka “Jizz in your pants”/JIYP.


--------------------
Question everything.
Believe nothing.
Think for yours3lf.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Digit]
    #29164325 -

Digit said:
Condensation happens when the agar is warmer than the lid of the dish. That’s why pouring at lower temps usually makes less condensation and why it helps to pour in a stack from the bottom up. If you got condensation after wrapping your plates it’s probably because the room got cooler while you were in there, possibly from an open door to a less heated room.



I think you’re explaining what causes condensation, which I totally get and understand that principle. I also can assure you that what you described above after wrapping my plates wasn’t the case in this situation.

What I was looking for was as I asked, was is this normal that people experience condensation after wrapping a plate? Since during inoculation with a syringe, you are adding a drop or two of liquid to the plate, I’m thinking this is normal? And wrapping does not allow a plate to breathe weather inoculated or not, so I’m thinking this could be normal as well

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1418 | 1419 | 1420 | 1421 | 1422 | 1423 | 1424 | 1425 | 1426 | 1427 | 1428 | 1429 | 1430 | 1431 | 1432 | 1433 | 1434 | 1435 | 1436 | 1437 | 1438 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,833 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,321 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,296 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,541 topic views. 18 members, 78 guests and 129 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.051 seconds spending 0.026 seconds on 18 queries.