Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: WyoMX] * 2
    #28600275 -

Ok, so I’m going to make this the post I add to right?

I will be starting germ plates on 1/1
I’ll be doing no pours in small recycled glass jars

Ghost
Wild ovoids I found



So it’s 12/28/23 and I got my agar cooked.

I usually just wing it but this time I made a mental note to share with you fine folks. Could be soft, could be hard, time will tell…
I brought 250g water (ghetto I know) to a boil and slowly added 2.5g agar agar powder and 2.5g brown rice flour while whisking with a fork.


That was enough to make 9 of these plates(actually jars) and make them thicc. Just the way I like it 😉
Too bad I could only fit 8 in my presto

Prompting me to do a second batch.

I let the cooker vent for 10 min without the weight. Timer begins when the stopcock?(I think it’s called) was fully erect.

And once reaching 15psi I cooked for 20min

And two pro tips for any noobies,
1. Take them out hot to solidify on a flat surface.
2. Use a piece of paper towel between polyfill and foil to prevent issues with bacteria(that could occur prior to inoculation)


It’s 1/1/24 Happy New Year!
To kick it off I chose…
1. Natalensis
2. Ghost
3. Wild Ovoid

First I let my filter run 10 min. I keep it covered so nothing settles on the surface anyway, but it’s just a precautionary measure.

Then I wipe the desk and grates down with 70% iso


I proceed to do the same with my jars making sure to get up under the tub of the lid with the paper towel


Then the prints come out, and instead of using loop I just use my sterilized qtips.


It’s hard to take pictures while doing the work because I like to be fast and thorough, but I keep them as close to the flow as possible without touching and never cross anything in the path of flow from the fan to the media.


1/9/24
First germination noticed
Wild ovoid

And ghost

Still nothing on the nats

1/11/24
T1 ovoids and ghost



The ghost looked kinda baccy to me so I did a josex poke. It’s funny cause I was anticipating the ovoid to be bacterial since I found it wild.

Here’s my ovoid oats as of 2/3/24


3/3



3/20


--------------------
Thank your postal workers when you see them. None of this would be possible without them.

Necessity is the mother of invention

Edited by EniQma (03/20/24 07:47 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: EniQma]
    #28600309 -

EniQma said:
Pan Jambo
Pan BVI
Wild ovoids I found



:smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: EniQma]
    #28601507 -

EniQma said:
Ghost
Ghost
Ghost





--------------------



I :heart: 5318008


NOT a virgin!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #28601575 -

Boom! First update! What was the prize for that?! :lol:


--------------------



I :heart: 5318008


NOT a virgin!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl] * 2
    #28601576 -

Might as well give it a shot!

First focus will be working with some South African Transkei spores.

TOC:
Update #1 - SAT spores to agar
Update #2 - Disaster and restarting


UPDATE #1 - SAT spores to agar


These aren't my best agar plates lol. If shit goes south then I have plenty of the original print to reset with. Hopefully I will have something in a couple weeks to transfer over to another set of agar plates.


Update #2 - Disaster and restarting
Been a bit! Those plates above? Well this is what they turned out like.


Yeah, not my best. All the plates either contaminated, or just did not grow very well. Good thing I had the spore print. This time I tried swabbing. PC'd my own swabs and used that to transfer to 10 new plates on 1/12. Let them sit to today.












Some had some infections, but much better than the first time around. Used two plates that had no nasties, and lots of growth for a second round on agar.




lol don't ask about that middle plate. The combination of condensation and the agar getting jostled before cooling created something funky. Still should be fine for growing though!

And that is where I stand now. Hoping these plates turn out good, and might do another round on agar, and also drop some onto grain at that point.


--------------------
LAGM 2024

Edited by YellowBelly (01/28/24 02:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #28601619 -

bigfootscreepyuncl said:
Boom! First update! What was the prize for that?! :lol:



Damnit you beat me to it. Is there a silver medal?


--------------------
Thank your postal workers when you see them. None of this would be possible without them.

Necessity is the mother of invention

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: EniQma]
    #28601707 -

EniQma said:
bigfootscreepyuncl said:
Boom! First update! What was the prize for that?! :lol:



Damnit you beat me to it. Is there a silver medal?




Bro you said erect cock in a non-phallic way. You just won LAGM


edit: also my update was verifying that my box of shit wasn't a moldy box of shit lol. I'll concede this victory

Edited by bigfootscreepyuncl (12/29/23 12:43 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #28601791 -

bigfootscreepyuncl said:
EniQma said:
bigfootscreepyuncl said:
Boom! First update! What was the prize for that?! :lol:



Damnit you beat me to it. Is there a silver medal?




Bro you said erect cock in a non-phallic way. You just won LAGM


edit: also my update was verifying that my box of shit wasn't a moldy box of shit lol. I'll concede this victory



:lolsy: Been growing phalli since 2012!


--------------------
Thank your postal workers when you see them. None of this would be possible without them.

Necessity is the mother of invention

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: Noncense] * 1
    #28601846 -

I’m doing a million projects right now but I’ll highlight this one for LAGM!

1-3-24
Psilocybe Zapotecorum var. Jalisco - Domestic F1



Starting with 2 swabs. I’ll smash one swab in water agar dish. Then with the other swab, I’ll streak a nutrient dish, and then smash another plate with that same swab.

Agar Recipe I’m using for nutrient:

500ml h20
10g agar
2.5g dextrose
5g sorghum syrup
.4g yeast
.10-15g peptone






1-7-24
I have growth, going to make a transfer and keep this germ plate on the backup as well.



1-15-24
Nutrient host plate and donor plates came up with trich. (Or some other bullshit contaminate. I don’t really care what kind it is. I just can’t have it.



Water plate is looking ok. Took some transfers and transplanted the original swab to brf pucks to give me better odds of success.




1-20-21

Having a lot of fun with these trich loaded swabs. Both transfers came up heavy with trich. Went back to the second donor plate and found it with trich as well. Managed to find what appears to be the cleanest spot and took 2 more transfers. 🤞

It appeared to be a clean dish when looking at it by itself. However once stacked amongst other plates, I seen trich everywhere from an angle.



Edited by PhenoDreamers (01/21/24 08:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: PhenoDreamers] * 2
    #28602933 -

(The guidelines for the grow are now at the bottom of the post, looks better like that)


Allright here we go. I'll always update to the top:



28th January:


Made transfers to four T2 plates with the liberty caps yesterday. Two new plates from each T1.
Had no black plates at hand, just pale ones.
Next batch will probably be black again






21th January:



Healthy grow on the two liberty transfers, shown on the bottom two pics, not ready for next transfer yet.
All three cube plates are still empty, now i really wonder. It's such a bummer and funny at the same time, but i'll let them sit, there might still happen a miracle.





15th January:


today i made transfers of the two liberty plates, still nothing on the cube plates, i smell epic fail :smile:






12th January:


Still not much to see on the cube plates, neither contams. Amazonian i already had six plates refuse starting, so i am not surprised about that one. I guess the low temp these days in here(<65f) slows things a bit down as well. The hopes to get at least one cube going are high.

The mycelial growth on liberty #1 really seems to be the right one, mostly given by the fact it's growing slowly and looks good. Could still be mold. Transfer it soon, see what happens and report of course.
Plate #2 also shows weak myc now and a second kind of yellow bacteria.
For the liberty caps i decided to set off the restrictions i set above. After studying the official semilanceata thread i see that i better have more than just two jars to get something going. But plate#2 i'll still clean up and not just take #1 now.



9th January:

There is some mycelial growth on the clean liberty plate, still not sure if it's the right myc. I'll keep an eye on it and report back. The other plates remain the same.




7th January:

First tiny update, got some white stuff on one of the liberty plates, which were expected to show contams any way. I think it's just bacteria in my eyes, but that's actually a good sign regarding the other plates showing no bacteria. So far long starting off times were normal with any cube mycelium for me, so no reason to get nervous yet. See you in a couple of days.






1st January:

B+ and Amazonian had to be prepared, i have them in vials. So i made the two syringes first, before really starting out.

Showered, stoned, teeth brushed, mask and gloves on, music running, mobile wiped and in flight mode, so actually no reason to stand up again. But no, the clingwrap is still in the kitchen, damnit! :smile:

The inoculations worked pretty ok. I wanted to add a short video, but now i see it's only possible from websites :frown:




a small set of rules for myself (edit 1/12 set off for liberty caps, for several reason):

-Only five plates:
2xLiberty caps
1xPES Amazonian
1xB+
1xMVP
-If plates show no growth they're out
-Plates will be transfered until clean looking and relatively uniform, but always only one receiving plate
-Water agar is an option for heavy bacterial infections, but not the default
-The donor plates for transfers won't be kept
-Only one jar will be inoculated per sending plate, the sending plate will be kept at room temp, hoping for plins and as a backup if the jar contams
-g2g only allowed for clones, plins and their transfers
-If one plate throws plins, jackpot!, every fruit can go into it's own jar
-Only one shake for jars at around 30%
-If jar contams in any way or stalls completely, it's a safe toss and the next jar will be inoculated after transfering at least once from the sending plate
-If a jar (not the liberty caps) makes it to 100% clean, it will be s2b into 5l unmodified shoeboxes with coir or cv in a ratio between 1:2 and 1:3
-If fruits show up, clones are allowed without any limits, g2g unlimited included, but plate rules and restrictions like above
-No clones from clones, only continue from prints after growing out a clone or plin

In theory it is possible to go game over with these rules, but as further it gets as more unlikely it will be. Try best to keep it going.

So far i had two major problems in my grows. First long colonization times, also with clean looking jars. Second rosecomb. I am curious how these problems will affect this project, but as a possible solution to the colonization time issue i am trying wbs these days instead of my normal rye. So i am still not sure which grain i will use exactly. The rosecomb is, if my research is correct, no problem as long as i don't take sporeprints from infected fruits.

Normally i don't use food coloring for plates, but because my agar pictures suck always ass i decided that black dye will make it easier to get relatively good pics.

The agar recipe i use:
500ml dest h2o
4g instant potato flakes
5g dextrose
7g agar agar powder
1g nutritional yeast

See you soon!

Edited by GogoBonkers (01/27/24 11:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: GogoBonkers] * 2
    #28603838 -

GogoBonkers said:
I hope i got things right, so updates happen by editing THIS post, starting with spores to agar at the 1st of january. I assume it's ok if the plates are prepared before.



Yep, you got it! Just keep editing the post I'm replying to. Plates can definitely be prepped ahead of time you don't need to pour plates on 1/1/24.




Is anyone planning to put spores to agar right at the stroke of midnight? I'll probably get my plates streaked sometime on New Years Day depending how much celebrating I do the night before lol. All my Pan prints are pretty old so if they don't germ I'll have to switch over to some cubes or somethin. Time will tell!


--------------------



I :heart: 5318008


NOT a virgin!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #28603859 -

Probably start when I get up on the first, too. Just posted my first update about prepping plates. Also just picked up some new slow subtrop genetics at the mailbox, so just need to decide if I want to add more to the LAGM list or keep the list short.

So if I just got back from Central Europe and I am still jet lagged, can I start at 4pm local tomorrow???


--------------------
Stoned Gummys | BRF Pucks | Primo Reusable Plates | Easy LI 4 Preserv & Propo
"Psychedelics are powerful substances. Nothing that powerful is completely safe... and nothing completely safe is that powerful!" - Abigail Calder at ALPS 2023
Don't Panic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: ReverendMyc]
    #28603888 -

ReverendMyc said:
Probably start when I get up on the first, too. Just posted my first update about prepping plates. Also just picked up some new slow subtrop genetics at the mailbox, so just need to decide if I want to add more to the LAGM list or keep the list short.

So if I just got back from Central Europe and I am still jet lagged, can I start at 4pm local tomorrow???




Oh you can start literally any time you want so long as it's within 2024. No requirements to start on the 1st. There are always people joining weeks or months late :thumbup:


--------------------



I :heart: 5318008


NOT a virgin!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #28603933 -

I'll put my hat in the ring. I'll come back and update when I know what I want to start, like a couple others I already have a few peojects underway.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: GuyOnaBuffalo]
    #28604132 -

What's the rules after spores to agar? Strictly monos?  What about muda bottles, LC/LI to PF Tek, water tubs, faht locks, shoeboxes, marthas? SGFC :naughty:?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: Floret] * 2
    #28604198 -

Grow any way you’d like to, as long as you’re coming from agar first :rockon:

Gathered my prints & poured my plates. Catch yall when the fun begins tomorrow :dancer:


--------------------
CV+

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: MojaveMyc]
    #28604578 -

I'm in, LAGM 2024 here I come. Apologies in advance, I have a potato phone and poor lighting.

Cubensis "gold top"
Mexicana A... or is it tamp?


2024-01-06
Prepped pre-pours, LME 0.1%

2024-01-07
Prints streaked to plates with sterilized swabs
3 mex, 2 cube

2024-01-10
One mex plate is very bacterial, I can see a wet orange streak where condensation rolled around. This isn't a problem when I let my plates sit for a couple weeks before use. No other activity for the mex.
One cube plate has bacteria, both cube plates have some growth. Now to let them grow out to see if it's myc or mold.

2024-01-14
Still no good activity on the mex.
Took T1 cube transfers, the black spots are ash from the scalpel.


2024-01-21
I gave up on the mex plates taken on the 7th and I streaked two more. This time I ripped off the swab and shoved it into the agar.
The two cube T1s looked clean enough to send to grain so I transferred each plate to its own half pint of oats. I also took another transfer as backup.


2024-02-01
No activity on the mex plates after 11 days, how long does it take to germ? I made two more plates with the last of the print. If there's no activity still then my Mexicana A journey ends here :sad:
The cube half pints are coming along ok. Shaken sometime between 2024-01-21 and now. Someone say something if it looks off.


2024-02-06
No activity on the Mex.
Two cube half pints fully colonized no off smells. Spawned together to shoebox with 2 quart coir and 1/2 quart coir pseudo casing.

2024-03-01
One of the Mex plates got bacteria and mold. I'm down to one plate left with no activity still.
Opened up the cube shoebox today and found pins.

2024-03-06
The last remaining Mex plate also got bacteria and mold.
Disappointing cube pinset.


That's the end for me. The Mexicana didn't work out and I'm not invested in this cube.

Edited by Floret (03/06/24 06:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: Floret] * 1
    #28605306 -

I was maybe going to start tonight, but I'm not really in shape to be doing any sterile work at the moment. Will have to wait til morning lol!


--------------------
"[Y]ou've already bludgeoned and abused the mycelium so at least do it justice and thoroughly mix it into the substrate :lol:" ~ Bigfoot

My LAGM 2.024

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: AndImTheHighOne]
    #28605310 -

AndImTheHighOne said:
I was maybe going to start tonight, but I'm not really in shape to be doing any sterile work at the moment. Will have to wait til morning lol!



Same pretty drunk atm


--------------------
Thank your postal workers when you see them. None of this would be possible without them.

Necessity is the mother of invention

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: LAGM v. 2.024 [Re: EniQma]
    #28605561 -

OP updated!
:kissit:


--------------------
🅃 🄴 🄰 🄼    🄲 🄻 🄸 🄽 🄶 🅆 🅁 🄰 🄿

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | | Last >

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Official Ps. Subtropicalis/Semperviva Thread
( 1 2 3 4 ... 554 555 )
nosf3r4tu 355,552 11,086 10/07/26 11:27 AM
by Marxcelium
* LAGM2021- Official Let's All Grow Mushrooms 2021
( 1 2 3 4 ... 122 123 )
GypsyBastard 103,936 2,449 11/04/21 03:52 PM
by Penroc3
* When to harvest? JSE 210 5 08/20/24 01:13 PM
by JSE
* P. subtropicalis(semperviva) 22nd Iteration 2,428 1 11/26/21 01:52 AM
by PsiloPsychIn
* Tx and GT mini Double Tubs, Harvest Time! Rated XXX
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Hattori Hanzo 36,841 154 10/15/08 09:27 PM
by Bugs
* Second harvest! EQ in 1/4 pint jar. First grow. (Updated - 4/15)
( 1 2 3 all )
Nanoid 6,490 49 04/15/10 03:55 PM
by Nanoid
* Buckaroo Bulk Nugget Tek - grain to bulk in one sealed container
( 1 2 all )
buckaroobanzai 20,933 23 09/12/06 04:27 AM
by fingers
* Second Growth/ First Harvest/ Cambodian on Coir Carcass 5,981 2 05/23/09 09:33 AM
by DeoXy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
17,082 topic views. 13 members, 74 guests and 124 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
Calendar Event: 01/01/24
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.