Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineobfuscatelesol
journeyman
Re: Overpopulation and Diminishing Resources [Re: Swami]
    #2753640 - 06/01/04 03:23 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I was reading this theory that the UN decided to create a virus to take care of this overpopulization problem: thus, AIDS was created (by taking a virus from a sheep and one from a cow and combining them). I think it was in a video called the Strecker Memorandum by a Dr. Strecker. I don't believe this, but it's interesting (and horrible). Anyway, I also read that if there gets to be 11-12 billion people our environment won't be able to handle it and life on the planet will just die, or wish it were dead. We may be taking up more space then ever, but at least we're doing a good job of killing all the other species off- in 1900 there were around 30 million species, in 1990 there were 15 million.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the current human population?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Overpopulation and Diminishing Resources [Re: obfuscatelesol]
    #2753644 - 06/01/04 03:24 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I think its like 7 billion

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Overpopulation and Diminishing Resources [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2753667 - 06/01/04 03:31 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2753668 - 06/01/04 03:31 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

When we get down to one animal species, cannabilism will help to control the population. "I'll have an order of McFingers and fries to go."

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2753746 - 06/01/04 03:48 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

2.1 is the number of children the average woman needs to have for world population to stabilize and shrink where it will hover somewhere a little below where we are now.

This is the average in the western developed countries. It seems to be the tendency that in developed countries with some money and jobs with women controlling their destiny somewhat they have this many kids on average.

*2.1 + infant mortality = stable population

OfflinePuZuZu
Board Bum
 User Gallery

Loc: Idaho (USA)
    #2754291 - 06/01/04 06:34 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

i feel sorry for those women out there that are forced to have so many kids. fucking wrong i say. cuz they all end up dying of some disease....

--------------------
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you would never get on."
Lance Armstrong

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2754400 - 06/01/04 07:21 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

You bring a good point.

--------------------
What?

OfflineRoyale

Loc: Bend Over And I'll Show Y...
    #2754590 - 06/01/04 08:07 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

obfuscatelesol said:
I was reading this theory that the UN decided to create a virus to take care of this overpopulization problem: thus, AIDS was created (by taking a virus from a sheep and one from a cow and combining them). I think it was in a video called the Strecker Memorandum by a Dr. Strecker. I don't believe this, but it's interesting (and horrible). Anyway, I also read that if there gets to be 11-12 billion people our environment won't be able to handle it and life on the planet will just die, or wish it were dead. We may be taking up more space then ever, but at least we're doing a good job of killing all the other species off- in 1900 there were around 30 million species, in 1990 there were 15 million.

That is what HIV/AIDS is, population control. But I don't believe that it was the UN or any other country that made it for that matter. Virus's that target human/primates are Mother Natures defense against us. We are nothing but a virus to Mother Nature, and her immune system will kick in eventually. And we will not win against it. We aren't much more than big soft moving piles of meat waiting to be consumed. AIDS/HIV has reaked havok on the world today and it is only transmitted thru bodily fluids. It dies within minutes of being released out of the body. What happens when we finally cause an outbreak of one of the strains of Ebola/Marburg? It has a 50%-90% kill ratio, finishes you off within 3 weeks, and can travel thru the air. Mother Nature wins, period. And then we get to start over, and screw it all up again.....

--------------------
"Burnin', I feel a burnin' in my stomach
I wanna' know if I'm a gonna make it
If I don't just spread my ashes
If I do just spread your mind"
~~~~~~PRIMUS~~~~~~

OfflineK20A2
Male
    #2754742 - 06/01/04 09:00 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

A few years in a massive world war should level things off a bit.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Overpopulation and Diminishing Resources [Re: K20A2]
    #2754862 - 06/01/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Not unless devastating beyond imaging. The two world wars caused a small dip followed by massive populations explosions. Not very effective at all.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (06/01/04 11:59 PM)

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2754870 - 06/01/04 09:30 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
I contend that it is socially irresponsible (and selfish) to have more than two children in today's world whether you can afford them or not due to the negative impact on our shrinking resources.

:grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Overpopulation and Diminishing Resources [Re: Frog]
    #2754888 - 06/01/04 09:35 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Nobody appreciated my inflatable "Nancy Nurse" post.  :mad: I am going back to being totally serious from now on.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Overpopulation and Diminishing Resources [Re: Frog]
    #2754894 - 06/01/04 09:36 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Opps! I forgot that frog has a brood of DNA replicants like a termite queen...

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2755004 - 06/01/04 10:10 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
I contend that it is socially irresponsible (and selfish) to have more than two children in today's world whether you can afford them or not due to the negative impact on our shrinking resources.

Would you contend that it is irresponsible to have kids you can't or do not want to take care of? Would you also contend that it is socially irresponsible to alleviate those who have children from the burden of raising them, thereby creating incentives to act irresponsibly?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2755283 - 06/01/04 11:25 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I agree with you.

--------------------

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: Overpopulation and Diminishing Resources [Re: ]
    #2755347 - 06/01/04 11:42 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

spring chikata:

"That's because we send all of our resources to Africa where people have 10 kids each, all dying from AIDS. "

MORON ALERT.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

Anonymous

Re: Overpopulation and Diminishing Resources [Re: GazzBut]
    #2755412 - 06/02/04 12:03 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Post History Deleted Upon User's Request

OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Overpopulation and Diminishing Resources [Re: ]
    #2755498 - 06/02/04 12:24 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SpringChickita said:
Quote:

GazzBut said:
High infant mortality rates coupled with a fear of not being cared for in old age is what motivates people in the third world to have many kids, not ignorance of birth control.

Correct. A high infant mortality rate due to AIDS and other diseases.

Most of the people having these children, don't even make it to "old age". They die long before that of starvation, malnutrition, AIDS, and other diseases.

Besides that, most of the children suffering in Africa are orphans, being raised by various family members, or living on their own.

And I didn't say that they were "ignorant" of birth control. Quite the contrary.

We have tons of volunteers, through the Peace Corp and other such organizations, as well as the Red Cross, over there teaching these people everything one needs to know about birth control. And giving out free condoms.

No, they are not ignorant. They just refuse to apply the knowledge and tools given to them to protect themselves.

In my opinion, what motivates them is not high infant mortality rate, or fear of not being taken care of. It is pleasure.

Think about it. These people have no home, no food, no clothes, no fresh water, no drugs, no nothing to derive any sense of pleasure or comfort.

But the one thing they do have is sex. The ability to breed like rabbits, just to get their rocks off for that one moment of pleasure.

And boy, do they ever take advantage of it, huh?

Do I blame them? No. I can't imagine how horrible it would be to live in those conditions, under those circumstances. I understand that they find temporary pleasure and comfort in the act of sex. And I don't blame them for it.

I do blame them, however, for not taking advantage of the knowledge and tools given to them. The lives of these people would be *somewhat* improved, if they had less children to feed, and if their genitalia wasn't rotting off from the STD's that they spread among eachother.

It is an epidemic that could be easily thwarted, with condoms and knowledge as weapons. They have both of these.

There is no excuse for stupidity.

if they were having sex simply for pleasure, surely they would use the free contraception

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Anonymous

Re: Overpopulation and Diminishing Resources [Re: BleaK]
    #2755511 - 06/02/04 12:28 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Post History Deleted Upon User's Request

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Overpopulation and Diminishing Resources [Re: Royale]
    #2755527 - 06/02/04 12:35 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

That is what HIV/AIDS is, population control.

Hmm, sorry to jump into what can be considered the "conspiracy zone"...but here's some info I've always found rather disturbing!

China has a worsening HIV epidemic on their hands, which they completely denied up until just a year or two ago! They still REFUSE to provide safe-sex education to their population, thus promoting the spread of HIV. In some of the rural areas of inner China, there are infection rates of OVER 60%. Those levels were almost certainly caused by China's government run blood donation system.

You get paid to donate blood, so in some of the rural areas it has become a major source of income for some poor farmers and villagers. When the "China HIV epidemic" story broke a couple years back, there were some descriptions that came out about how the blood donation system works.

As it was described: there are beds set up in a circle around a single large tank. Blood from all doners is fed into the SINGLE tank and mixed together. Then the blood plasma is stripped off from the other parts and re-injected into the doners!

WTF! Now does that sound like a very good system? Even WITHOUT the HIV virus, such a setup is just ASKING for the transmission of any number of blood-borne viruses! I find it hard to believe that the Chinese government could be so incredibly stupid when it comes to medicine.

They are saying that, right now, there are possibly 10-20 million people in China who are HIV positive. This number is expected to grow exponentially over the next few years, as many of these people will unknowingly pass it on to family members and lovers.

If that's not a form of population control...it's about the single most stupid thing I've heard of :smirk:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds