Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 366 | 367 | 368 | 369 | 370 | 371 | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375 | 376 | 377 | 378 | 379 | 380 | 381 | 382 | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Ababyphoenix]
    #27134813 -

lol you give them 24??


--------------------
All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I’m fine.

Whatever you decide won’t really impact our survival
Close your eyes, and do the best that you can


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Camera93] * 3
    #27134822 -

Camera93 said:
lol you give them 24??



I force myself to wait... lol. Same with spore swipes...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: roarkell]
    #27134834 -

:laugh2: .....same tho


--------------------
All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I’m fine.

Whatever you decide won’t really impact our survival
Close your eyes, and do the best that you can


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Camera93]
    #27134863 -

I dont remember where I found that meme but it hit me right in the feels... lol

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: roarkell]
    #27135176 -

Very strange, wonder if I left that fruit in the fridge for too long?
Just took further clones from a RW cluster. Guess we'll see.


--------------------
Listen, I'm steel fisted with the iron lung
Heavy metal ballads out the guitar where lions run.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: starbones]
    #27135593 -

Hey guys.  I have a question.  I’m just now starting to wrap my head around this agar process.  I’ve got this dish here.  I for sure know the good from the bad here...but has anyone had a dish like this, isolated that guy rhizo growth and then tried to grow out that weak whisky stuff?  I know the strong vigorous rhizo growth genetics are what we’re after but I want know what the equivalent of the weaker stuff is.  Is it like a  grow from MS or a print? Thanks for your time.  Have a great weekend everyone.




--------------------
rad

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Infiniteshot]
    #27135606 -

Infinite: All looks good, see Tomentose v Rhizomorphic

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: AlsetAlokin]
    #27135663 -

:whathesaid: Rhizo vs Tom isn't as hugely important as people make it out to be (at least when starting out). Bod and Pasty have both stated (I'm too lazy to track down their posts to quote directly) it's more important to focus on healthy growth more than anything.

Also, just for future reference you should have taken transfers much sooner. You want to avoid having your plates overgrow and reach the edges. The edges tend to be where contaminates/moisture gathers. The plate looks really good though. Cheers, mate


--------------------



I :heart: 5318008


NOT a virgin!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27135695 -

Without seeing the plate that one came from I'd say it's ready for grain and that's exactly how much I'd let a plate grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: AlsetAlokin]
    #27135719 -

I never trust that kind of growth at 5 oclock. A good portion of times I’ve left a plate like that it eventually went south in that area. Anywhere up top looks good to take xfers from though. But I’m more cautious than others and a perfectionist.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: AlsetAlokin]
    #27135777 -

AlsetAlokin said:
Without seeing the plate that one came from I'd say it's ready for grain and that's exactly how much I'd let a plate grow.



Agreed... I like my plates to almost touch the edges... lol. Then there are some that got overlooked/lost/forgotten that I've sent to grain with half the lid colonized...

Edit: I should clarify that I won't sent unhealthy myc to grain... if its still kicking ass and looks good, just "overgrown" I don't hesitate to send it.

Second edit:

These are getting sent now just cuz I'm impatient and ive been looking for dicks for a while... lol

Edited by roarkell (01/08/21 05:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: AlsetAlokin]
    #27135984 -

Thanks for the opinion. Have a great weekend.


--------------------
rad

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: D3_Myc]
    #27135986 -

I’ll bypass the 5 sector.  I’m sectoring the 10-3 one last time. Thanks a ton


--------------------
rad

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27135989 -

Thank you.


--------------------
rad

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Infiniteshot]
    #27136510 -


That feeling when you pour glass like plates.


--------------------
Meditation Principles

Silence: Giving you room to listen / Stillness: Giving you room to feel / Spaciousness: Just giving you room

IRC: ##mycology on Libera.chat come hang!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: mushhead] * 2
    #27137428 -

From the same fruit body, same agar, two different expressions.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Stipe-n Cap]
    #27137790 -

p9hu7 said:
From the same fruit body, same agar, two different expressions.





that's really interesting to see a side by side like that

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: GrinchGrower]
    #27137802 -

Would I be able to take transfers from an overgrown plate like this? My jars from this culture went bacterial and I don't want to start from spores again.

Could I take transfers from the interior or should I take them from the edge? Does it matter?


--------------------



I :heart: 5318008


NOT a virgin!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27137831 -

Hey man I wouldn't blame that culture for those bacterial jars you just posted in picture of the day. It's plain as day that bacteria comes from a bad prep and an insufficient cycle. Grains have large endospore populations that are incredibly resistant and can easily bloom if the right conditions are met, even after PC'ing. Those grains you posted were way wet, you need to dry them way better next time and maybe up the PC times.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: bigfootscreepyuncl]
    #27137838 -

bigfootscreepyuncl said:
Would I be able to take transfers from an overgrown plate like this? My jars from this culture went bacterial and I don't want to start from spores again.

Could I take transfers from the interior or should I take them from the edge? Does it matter?




To further on what Josex is saying and also answer your question. You plates aren't the issue. The jars are, so if you take any part of these plates and transfer them to plates you will get a healthy culture, but make sure that your grains are dry enough before PC, and that you get a proper PC cycle in. I don't think there is anything wrong with the plate.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 366 | 367 | 368 | 369 | 370 | 371 | 372 | 373 | 374 | 375 | 376 | 377 | 378 | 379 | 380 | 381 | 382 | 383 | 384 | 385 | 386 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,832 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,385 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,003 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,698 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,321 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,934 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,691 3 10/29/05 07:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,296 75 02/12/21 05:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
775,367 topic views. 7 members, 39 guests and 114 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.013 seconds on 16 queries.