Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: polaritymind]
    #26809745 -

Both T1’s of a yeti clone taken on 6-28


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: polaritymind]
    #26809760 -

Here's what I'm working with

Syzygy plate pin clones:


Malaysian plate pin clones:


Its been a while since I've worked with spores, do any of these look right?







--------------------
LAGM 2021
LAGM 2020
Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: One of Us]
    #26809792 -

Those last 6 pics I personally would be hesitant of that clear edge.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: D3_Myc]
    #26809886 -

this is my failed attempt at making black agar plates. it turned out looking like a chalky see through black with some sediments in the center. not sure what im doing wrong. do i need to add more activated carbon?

i used 800 ml water, 14g LME + 14g agar with 2 generous handfuls of charcoal (Marineland Black Diamond Premium Activated Carbon)


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: ouuwee]
    #26809894 -

Not sure about activated carbon.. this the one I use. Spoonful for 400ml

Organic Charcoal Powder, 1 lb -... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DWCMRQ6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: D3_Myc]
    #26810001 -

Went to pour more plates tonight and found my case nearly empty... finally get to pull the trigger on some of those celltreats I keep hearing about... been running the thomas scientific last 2 cases... eager to see how much different they are.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: mushboy]
    #26810012 -

mushboy said:
White dots sounds like bacteria colonies. Pix?



Please look my post before (now on previous page). I doubt it's bacteria, because it's in the middle of mycelium and it doesn't grow. Or?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: roarkell]
    #26810022 -

How did you like the Thomas? I was leary due to lack of good reviews.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: D3_Myc]
    #26810051 -

D3monic said:
Both T1’s of a yeti clone taken on 6-28





When you say a T1 clone, does that mean after T0(no spores, just full culture to plate)? I am still working on T0 spore germ -> T1 plates right now to get a feel for it but that rhizomorphic growth is something I want more than anything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: w00tmycelium]
    #26810201 -



Mold or myc?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Forevergreen]
    #26810218 -

Forevergreen said:


Mold or myc?



Forevergreen said:


Mold or myc?



Close ups? Looks like myc to me, when its so far progressed it would ave sporulated at this point. What species are we talking is interesting too since mycs can look a bit different, i.e. it looks less like a cubensis myc but more like a shiitake or so.


--------------------
"to affirm life is to also affirm death"
-Albert hofmann

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: polaritymind]
    #26810241 -

Just did my first agar to agar transfer :smile: here’s the aftermath

I do know there was bacteria on this in the spot just ahead of one of the transferred. The seed I used to inoculate the agar was bacterial and I accidentally bounced it around the plate before it settled in the spots you see.

Also the room I keep most things in has been getting really high temp, like 90 at the highest and hottest point of the day. So I tossed a cold water soaked towel in an old tub and sat my plates on it. The temp stays about 82-84 in the hottest part of the day. Do you think the plates will colonize okay in this weather and would the colonize grains decently once I get healthy growth in agar, if it stays around that temp or lower? I also have a fan blowing in the room and over the wet towel that the plates are sitting on. I plan on getting a window ac for the room very soon but for a few days would you think this will work to give me time to get an ac (they sure ain’t cheap around this time of year)

I could also put them inside an old fridge that’s off but has an ice pack and wet cool towel inside?

Hope all are doing wonderfully :smile:

Edited by EntheoGod (07/08/20 03:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: polaritymind]
    #26810264 -

Fuck. There spores from reddit. E is ecuador. A for Amazon. R is red boys. H is hawaiian.
All cubes. I can post close ups

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Forevergreen]
    #26810269 -

Ive thrown out so many dishes i think are mold but could have been myc. But it might be shiitake anyways? Im gonna start to lose it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: w00tmycelium]
    #26810310 -

w00tmycelium said:
D3monic said:
Both T1’s of a yeti clone taken on 6-28





When you say a T1 clone, does that mean after T0(no spores, just full culture to plate)? I am still working on T0 spore germ -> T1 plates right now to get a feel for it but that rhizomorphic growth is something I want more than anything.



Correct, it’s the first transfer away from tissue put to agar.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: w00tmycelium]
    #26810321 -

w00tmycelium said:
When you say a T1 clone, does that mean after T0(no spores, just full culture to plate)? I am still working on T0 spore germ -> T1 plates right now to get a feel for it but that rhizomorphic growth is something I want more than anything.



w00tmycelium Here's a good read about the process slants, masters and slaves, cold storage, clone hunts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: D3_Myc]
    #26810346 -

D3monic said:
How did you like the Thomas? I was leary due to lack of good reviews.



I had a few crack on me here or there but for the majority of them I cant say anything bad...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: roarkell]
    #26810612 -

Yeah for clones the plate you put the tissue sample on is t0, same as a spore plate. That link inthepit posted is a great thread, everybody should hit that.

Man the first time I had a cracked plate I couldn’t figure out what happened. I was pouring a stack and all of a sudden there was agar everywhere.

Since then I always check each stack as I put them in the SAB lol.


--------------------
LAGM2020

Edited by A.k.a (07/08/20 08:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: A.k.a]
    #26810623 -

I really am preferring these pp5 jewlery cases to actual petri dishes.

https://www.amazon.com/BENECREAT-Frosted-Containers-Jewerlry-Findings/dp/B07DLWBH9B/ref=sr_1_16?dchild=1&keywords=pp5+travel+jewelry+case&qid=1594220361&sr=8-16

Lol recommending MEA with it.

Probably can find better deals, but these things are really nice to reuse plastic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: A.k.a]
    #26810627 -

Quick question, this pic is the same source but used on 6 month old agar plates (malt extract agar, I just thought I'd give it a shot) that I didn't really care about.



But it seems like there's potential mycelium on the right side.  What do you all think?  This is 11 days of growth from spore on old MEA plates... should I even try to turn these into T1 plates and if so, where?  From what I've seen I'd probably need to take the edges on the fresh growth in small pieces?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 242 | 243 | 244 | 245 | 246 | 247 | 248 | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | 260 | 261 | 262 | | Last >

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Is this contamination or just wet agar? ligma 72 8 10/04/26 01:29 PM
by Agar Wedge
* Agar in the fridge for 6 months, how is it? Yetidude 77 5 10/05/26 03:21 PM
by Yetidude
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,839 6 03/31/06 05:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,392 8 02/14/05 07:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,010 8 02/25/05 11:03 AM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,704 8 06/19/20 09:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,326 12 03/30/20 10:37 AM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,940 4 03/01/06 09:08 AM
by Dem_Bones

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
776,547 topic views. 13 members, 79 guests and 112 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.