Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: psycho_nauticus]
    #26503871 -

psycho_nauticus said:
Okay, well how many transfers should I take from each at least? And at this point should I just aim for full looking clean straight edges? Judging from my pictures where would you recommend?



You can take as many as you want from the good areas. Clean looking, yes. Straight edges? Not sure what you really mean. We need better pictures to give you a good answer.


--------------------

Crack's Tek's and Shit


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Crackatoa]
    #26504234 -

psycho_nauticus said:
Guys I want to do my first transfer ever and clean this up so I can fruit it. Where should I transfer from?







Both are looking pretty clean. Take the colony that grew fastest. Your second pic looks like an MS streak. The 'bottom' cluster looks like a big circle from a single germ point.

I take 3 per area. . . 1 for contam, 1 for transfer and one for 'later'. . . (Just in case)


--------------------
The Official Kiwi Cultivators Thread

Official New Zealand woodlovers grow thread

–––––    ╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮    –––––
The Official Kiwi DMT and MAOI Thread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: One of Us]
    #26504245 -

Hey, I'm going to make some transfers again, first round was decent, but these are some germination plates that didn't look too good to me. I want to transfer them anyways because my first transfers were pretty jank as it was my first time. Which if any parts of these would be good for a transfer? thanks in advance :mushroom2:
Plate 1:


Plate 2:


Plate 3:


Plate 4:


PLate 5:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: huangdeez]
    #26504287 -

All those look very bacterial.  Possibly the last one might be worth transferimg but I cant tell from the pic, it might be as bacterial as the others

Try streaking next time, like the gif or the agar guide in my sig explains

Did you use a syringe?


--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide


"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26504634 -

c10h12n2o said:
Did you use a syringe?



the first  2 are done with syringe the others were scraped from a print.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: TonyMushrana]
    #26504873 -

TonyMushrana said:
Hei, looking for some tips

Want to take few samples from fully grown one's. Not sure where to pick, this culture is very important for me. And the one that is not grown out yet not sure to take or let it grow more? Here are plates

1.

2.

3.

Thank you for advices

Sincerely, Tony



Plate 1 doesnt really matter

Plate 2 has several types of myc growing over each other,  I outlined it in this pic

Plate 3 needs to grow out more

Good transfer areas noted in red, try to avoid the yellow



--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide


"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: huangdeez]
    #26504875 -

huangdeez said:
c10h12n2o said:
Did you use a syringe?



the first  2 are done with syringe the others were scraped from a print.



If you move quickly you might be able to get something useful outta those later plates, just be careful to avoid the bacteria

First plates are fucked, bacteria has already bloomed


--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide


"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: LadysKnight]
    #26505096 -

Well I did my first transfers. I’m not going to lie, it was hard and awkward in the SAB. I feel like I fucked up and probably contaminated. It was hard cutting a small piece of agar from the edge, and then it wouldn’t come off my knife when transferring it, etc. It did not go smoothly... It was like one big cluster fuck :frown:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: psycho_nauticus]
    #26505113 -

I feel your pain. It’s a learning curve and you will get better. You can have great success In a SAB you just need to get you shit together and your technique down. Let your transfers grow a bit and if it goes bad transfer again, no big deal,  next time it will be better. In the mean time read an read, post a pic of your sab and talk us through what you think went wrong :thumbup:


--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour



Links I like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smoothcat]
    #26505138 -

It was just kind of difficult with a #11 blade, and then my transfer would get stuck on the end of the blade or went through it and pierced it, and then I couldn't get it off onto the receiving plate. There was lots of fumbling around, it just felt like everything that could go wrong did go wrong, it felt really messy.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: psycho_nauticus]
    #26505165 -

I hate my scalpel, when doing a serious session the handle gets really hot and starts to melt my shitty gloves.

Seriously tho I know that feeling of working in the sab fumbling round dropping shit and the stress and pressure on your head coz you don’t want to fuck it up. Trust your tek will get better. Only time will tell if you fucked up, you might have got lucky. If not you transfer again, practice makes perfect. I used to have a lot of bacteria problems on plates then I started using a wire rack in sab to keep plates off bottom and bacterial contamination all but disappeared, confidence improved and stress levels decreased.

You learn little things as you go along, and posting here you can share where you went wrong and people can help you on your way and learn from their mistakes, it’s a great community here.:thumbup:

Keep going :awesomenod:


--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour



Links I like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smoothcat]
    #26505180 -

I'm using the correct blade right? The #11 blade?

And if I really fucked up like I think I did, how will my plates turn out? Will there be any obvious sign I can look out for?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: psycho_nauticus]
    #26505235 -

The blade thing I'm not sure of, If it fits the handle should be fine :shrug:

The plates may or not be fine, we've all been done it and still do. I do anyways. You'll know pretty soon, If things starts growing in places it shouldn't you'll def know or turn colors. You should at least be able get something to transfer from at least.


--------------------

Crack's Tek's and Shit


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: psycho_nauticus]
    #26505256 -

The problem you are describing is exactly why I love #7 handles and #15c blades. I still use #11 sometimes, but for transfers I love the 15c blade



--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide


"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26505265 -

c10h12n2o said:
The problem you are describing is exactly why I love #7 handles and #15c blades. I still use #11 sometimes, but for transfers I love the 15c blade






I gotta get me some of that shit


--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour



Links I like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smoothcat] * 1
    #26505275 -

For comparison



My bacticinerator sterilizes the whole neck of the scalpel along with the blade, and the handle is still not too hot to use :smile:


--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide


"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26505301 -

Well I’ll see how they turn out. I cut two very little pieces from the edge, and because they were so small they were sticking to the #11 blade since it’s so pointy and sharp. I cut two little squares, and when I tried to get them off by rubbing it on the the receiving plate it basically punctured and stabbed through my piece. It was really hard to get off, I had to mess around with it. Finally got it off, put it face down mycelium down on my receiving plate, but it was so messed up after all that and even more tiny and diced up, I hope something happens...


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26505335 -

c10h12n2o said:
For comparison



My bacticinerator sterilizes the whole neck of the scalpel along with the blade, and the handle is still not too hot to use :smile:




I need that shit in my life and I’m gonna order one right now. I can’t help feeling a 15 blade would feel better for me over the 15c don’t  know why...

Also swan Morton seem to be the expensive quality brand but can get unbranded for like a 3rd of the price...hmmmm....what to do....


--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour



Links I like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: Smoothcat]
    #26505371 -

psycho_nauticus said:
Well I’ll see how they turn out. I cut two very little pieces from the edge, and because they were so small they were sticking to the #11 blade since it’s so pointy and sharp. I cut two little squares, and when I tried to get them off by rubbing it on the the receiving plate it basically punctured and stabbed through my piece. It was really hard to get off, I had to mess around with it. Finally got it off, put it face down mycelium down on my receiving plate, but it was so messed up after all that and even more tiny and diced up, I hope something happens...



Yeah I think everyone has experienced that problem, that's why I mentioned what I do to mitigate it: #7 handles and #15c blades

Also, after cutting the transfer I try to stab it about halfway down the depth of the cut, rather than just using the blade to lift it. This makes it easier to place into the new dish


Smoothcat said:
c10h12n2o said:
For comparison



My bacticinerator sterilizes the whole neck of the scalpel along with the blade, and the handle is still not too hot to use :smile:




I need that shit in my life and I’m gonna order one right now. I can’t help feeling a 15 blade would feel better for me over the 15c don’t  know why...

Also swan Morton seem to be the expensive quality brand but can get unbranded for like a 3rd of the price...hmmmm....what to do....



15 is great too, I'm just better with 15c precision wise. They are very similar though

I always get the cheap ones, I go through them fast so no point in splurging for the name


--------------------

C10's Agar Guide + Tips and Tricks | c10's Flow Hood Build Guide


"Partial knowledge is more triumphant than complete knowledge; it takes things to be simpler than they are, and so makes its theory more popular and convincing."

"Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies"
― Friedrich Nietzsche

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: AGAR ENVY! (Anything and All things agar!) [Re: c10h12n2o]
    #26505381 -

Well I just fleabayed myself a no7 handle and 50x no#15 blades, needed to do this for a while :awesomenod:


--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour



Links I like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | 161 | 162 | 163 | 164 | 165 | 166 | 167 | 168 | 169 | 170 | 171 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* buying agar - help sinisha 3,839 6 03/31/06 07:49 AM
by FractalXplora
* cheapest glass petri dishes, agar, dextrose, etc Fluxburn 8,394 8 02/14/05 09:57 AM
by Roadkill
* Potato Dextrose Agar X Malt Extract Agar Alegalize 7,011 8 02/25/05 01:03 PM
by agar
* test tubes agar fungophiliac 3,707 8 06/19/20 11:41 PM
by gorilliam
* LOOK! Big AGAR problem. Ever seen this? Not I. need advice BAD! agentstone 5,326 12 03/30/20 12:37 PM
by Surf707
* Agar and the global economy Dem_Bones 1,940 4 03/01/06 11:08 AM
by Dem_Bones
* Agar question WormholeSurfer 1,696 3 10/29/05 09:10 PM
by agar
* Agar's Home Made Compost recipe for bulk substrates
( 1 2 3 4 all )
agar 22,310 75 02/12/21 07:50 AM
by Bart84

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
777,063 topic views. 14 members, 354 guests and 168 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.