Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Mice-Helium]
    #26245000 -

Mice-Helium said:
Nityananda said:
Does anyone know any good spots near dartmoor around Okehampton? Everywhere I go I see so many sheep fields but can never get access to them! I dont know how to find some good spots it's really difficult



I can't aid in helping with spots that will produce lots of libs sorry, but i'm sure there will be some present on the fields you're speaking of.

In terms of access to fields, try looking on your local council website for a Public right of way map or for an ordnance survey map. These will show where you can legally walk. Then use satellite images to cross reference where you think would be a good spot. (Not always fool proof though)



Thanks.. somehow I have a real hard time finding the right kind of fields.. when jm driving I see so many but when your in the car it's hard to know where to go.. maybe I have to go out on foot and explore .. I lose alot of time just looking for places even though I'm in a area which is pretty much only sheep fields

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First find of the season πŸ‘Œ [Re: Nityananda]
    #26245029 -



Is this a lib wtf?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: imspaced]
    #26245113 -

imspaced said:
been looking through maps and all sorts think i found a couple of potentially good spots. i found a cow field the other day but im certain im not allowed to go through it which sucks. got a good amount of rain coming up until tuesday so gonna go then and try these new spots. hopefully i can find my first actives xD



I've searched all sorts of fields and found very little. A hand full of libs here and there but not worth the travel and walking when my 2 local golf courses produce.

Try your local golf courses when the conditions are right and it's not busy, that's where I find all my libs.

I would love to find a "natural" field that produces a load but I cant for the life of me. I will still keep looking for them fields because I think trying to hunt the little b@stards out is half the fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: nato23]
    #26245116 -

the spots i found are in and around a golf course so will check when i am there xD there is also a par 3 course across the road that isnt used anymore so im sure no one would mind me walking through it

Edited by imspaced (10/11/19 01:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: imspaced]
    #26245155 -

imspaced said:
the spots i found are in and around a golf course so will check when i am there xD there is also a par 3 course across the road that isnt used anymore so im sure no one would mind me walking through it



Nothing wrong with looking but usually par 3 courses arnt as well kept at normal golf courses. Dont know if that would be a good thing or a bad thing for mushrooms but its worth a look.

It's all about just putting the time, effort and miles in. Persistence is key. I've walked around a course for half an hour and found nowt and thought balls to this I'm going home. Then they just seem to come into my vision, then all of a sudden they are all over.

Strange. Once you find a few and get your eye in you spot them easier.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: nato23]
    #26245179 -

yeah i have been looking frequently 2 hour trips walking around i've even brought some back to see what i found and compare the growing habitats to what i am looking for. i really like this site i been checking id requests to see if i can id them not telling people what i think because i am new but its a good way to learn and compare.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: nato23]
    #26245198 -

nato23 said:
Try your local golf courses when the conditions are right and it's not busy, that's where I find all my libs.




imspaced said:
the spots i found are in and around a golf course so will check when i am there xD there is also a par 3 course across the road that isnt used anymore so im sure no one would mind me walking through it



nato23 said:
Nothing wrong with looking but usually par 3 courses arnt as well kept at normal golf courses. Dont know if that would be a good thing or a bad thing for mushrooms but its worth a look.



One massive issue with golf courses (especially "well kept" ones) is that the vast majority put fungicides into the sprinklers.
This usually includes a mixture of systemic fungicides and phosphite salts.

Not saying you won't find mushrooms on them, I have in the past, and my course occasionally has libs in the rough - but the fairway and greens are clear of anything.
If you are doubtful, google "golf course fungicide" - it is a massive business and courses spend thousands on treating their grass with this stuff.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: fraggle]
    #26245256 -

ah so maybe a less looked after par 3 course would have a better chance. im interested in the fields around my course one even has sheep in it and according to the maps i have found there is right to roam in the fields so i shouldn't have any trouble from a trespassing stand point.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: imspaced]
    #26245412 -

Hi all, Im back after a long year, and thankfully conditions are much better this season. Not a bad haul for an hours work



Saw some decent clusters too




Theres a few big ones im not 100% on, though im pretty sure they're good. Most were found in clusters among typical looking libs. Ive numbered them 1-4 and thrown in a few typical libs underneath for comparison. What'dya reckon?




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: fraggle]
    #26245484 -

fraggle said:
nato23 said:
Try your local golf courses when the conditions are right and it's not busy, that's where I find all my libs.




imspaced said:
the spots i found are in and around a golf course so will check when i am there xD there is also a par 3 course across the road that isnt used anymore so im sure no one would mind me walking through it



nato23 said:
Nothing wrong with looking but usually par 3 courses arnt as well kept at normal golf courses. Dont know if that would be a good thing or a bad thing for mushrooms but its worth a look.



One massive issue with golf courses (especially "well kept" ones) is that the vast majority put fungicides into the sprinklers.
This usually includes a mixture of systemic fungicides and phosphite salts.

Not saying you won't find mushrooms on them, I have in the past, and my course occasionally has libs in the rough - but the fairway and greens are clear of anything.
If you are doubtful, google "golf course fungicide" - it is a massive business and courses spend thousands on treating their grass with this stuff.



Yeah the better, up market golf courses will use fungicides because of the standards they have to keep.

I suppose it does matter what type of course you go looking, but your average council golf courses generally tend not to waste costs on fungicides.

It's the fertilizers they use and the cuttings of dead grass produce the libs

And yeah, the greens and fairways never produce, it's the rough/longer grass you want to be looking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: nato23]
    #26246464 -

I was wondering exactly this last night and it makes perfect sense, I gave my local course a check and there was no sign of fungal life at all, came back with 3 golf balls that I have absolutely no use for whatsoever πŸ˜‚


--------------------
I still don't know what I don't know, but I know there is much that I still don't know...
Please don't trust my ID alone - I am just a noob making an effort. If in doubt, throw it out.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: p.bio]
    #26246484 -

Hi, I’m new to this forum and mushroom genre altogether, found a few which resembles liberty caps but being a β€œvirgin” to this is like to help identifying these.

We’re found on a grass football pitch next to a new fence which has been built (unsure if that makes any difference) ground was wet!



Hopefully I’ve done this correctly so the image is visible!

Thanks in advance!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: p.bio]
    #26246490 -

If there was no sign of fungi at all then it was possibly the wrong conditions mate. I would keep checking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: PsyMindz86]
    #26246499 -

PsyMindz86 said:
Lovely photos ...

Nityanada - your making it far too complex for yourself I think.. can you simply go by number to weight dry , 30 caps is usually around about a gram , also I mean not to eat in one go , eat within 10-15 minuets...
Start low , work your way up accordingly over the course of a season is what I tended to do..sorry if misunderstood the question...



Thanks for the replies.. so the other day I laid some out to dry .. I put them in piles of 10g each.. so now they are not completely dry yet.. if I want to take equivalent to 2g dry then how much do you think I should take ? How many of the 10g piles that I laid out when they were fresh?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: p.bio]
    #26246500 -

p.bio said:
Personally I wouldn't leave them in a plastic bag overnight, I would expect them to go mushy and fester, a paper bag maybe.
I wouldn't expect them to be completely overnight if spread out on paper and left to air dry, so the weight ratio/guide for dry or wet will be out as you'd be somewhere in the middle, but that is how I would leave them overnight. Therefore if I wanted to use weight as as a guide I would weigh them wet into set portions and group them laid out on paper to dry overnight. That way they can air dry a bit and not fester, and you know what the wet weight was prior.
You can also sanity check the pickings as you lay them out for anything dubious.



p.bio said:
Personally I wouldn't leave them in a plastic bag overnight, I would expect them to go mushy and fester, a paper bag maybe.
I wouldn't expect them to be completely overnight if spread out on paper and left to air dry, so the weight ratio/guide for dry or wet will be out as you'd be somewhere in the middle, but that is how I would leave them overnight. Therefore if I wanted to use weight as as a guide I would weigh them wet into set portions and group them laid out on paper to dry overnight. That way they can air dry a bit and not fester, and you know what the wet weight was prior.
You can also sanity check the pickings as you lay them out for anything dubious.




Thanks for the replies.. so the other day I laid some out to dry .. I put them in piles of 10g each.. so now they are not completely dry yet.. if I want to take equivalent to 2g dry then how much do you think I should take ? How many of the 10g piles that I laid out when they were fresh?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: VXSy]
    #26246515 -

VXSy said:
Hi, I’m new to this forum and mushroom genre altogether, found a few which resembles liberty caps but being a β€œvirgin” to this is like to help identifying these.

We’re found on a grass football pitch next to a new fence which has been built (unsure if that makes any difference) ground was wet!



Hopefully I’ve done this correctly so the image is visible!

Thanks in advance!



Not libs dude sorry


--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour



Links I like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Slimshady2512]
    #26246519 -

Hi could anyone tell me if these are liberty caps.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Dee818181]
    #26246531 -

Finally found some on a field today in south east, they were really big and the stems were massive due to it being in long grass. Obvs much harder to find but was one of those moments as i was walking back nearly stepped on a bunch then saw loads. Am pleased to have found libs more locally. Collected about 60 and left plenty also was raining a shit ton. Have also been looking on golf courses- its a goal of mine to find some on one this season as i think would be fun. No luck yet. I def agree with others saying be persistent, ive spent so many hours driving around, stopping off and walking for hours. To those in the south east keep looking! Theres lots of different mushrooms about now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Dee818181]
    #26246532 -

Wrong habitat Dee , plenty of info here regarding there’re habitat

Nityanada- 60 dried libertycaps is around 2 grams , if you want to be certain of this can you not invest in scales

Edited by PsyMindz86 (10/12/19 05:03 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Dee818181]
    #26246535 -

Dee818181 said:
Hi could anyone tell me if these are liberty caps.




Libs dont grow on wood, you want to be looking in fields and grassy areas.

I’d hazard a guess that they’re Corprinus disseminatus, fairies bonnets.


--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour



Links I like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Liberty caps? [5 images] d_myco420 5,282 9 10/06/02 06:13 PM
by DocPsilocybin
* Liberty Caps : The offical "Fall 2004 Season" post
( 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 )
Gumby 65,259 299 11/23/18 07:26 PM
by Bigmac84
* Liberty Cap Dosage?
( 1 2 all )
DocPsilocybin 56,880 39 10/24/19 10:02 AM
by Anglerfish
* Liberty Caps In England, (yes, i kno its not th season yet!) mcbob 12,380 13 02/18/04 04:52 AM
by gwum
* Liberty caps in england...
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Ajoc 55,529 145 10/15/16 03:39 PM
by Masterp123
* Damnit, now I'm turned off from hunting for liberty caps! megaman3 33,025 17 08/22/03 01:12 PM
by Mitchnast
* Best conditions to hunt for Liberty Caps? BongmasteR 25,775 7 11/10/01 04:33 PM
by Psylosymon
* I found some liberty caps, in summer Blu Spore 3,879 5 06/16/04 11:59 AM
by GGreatOne234

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
58,065 topic views. 1 members, 14 guests and 36 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.