Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: p.bio]
    #26241981 -

Mickymoo , nope , why are you struggling :-)

Gonzos - I don’t see any lib there either  , and there’re all same species , I can tell by the way they drying  , Dan P , already been confirmed there isn’t any libs there

Edited by PsyMindz86 (10/10/19 07:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Bell22]
    #26242175 -

Bell22 said:
Hi wondered if you could identify this mushroom, I picked it from a bunch of around 40 which I left as they were tiny. It's about 1/2 inch wide and the stem around 3 inch browny coloured. Thanks.






Mycena leptocephala maybe?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Mice-Helium]
    #26242219 -

Thanks guys, going to Otley and the Chevin (W.Yorkshire) foraging over the next few days, hope i'm lucky.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Bell22]
    #26242335 -

has anyone found any near bognor regis? searching for days and found no luck, any reason why? went about 10 miles from bognor across the downs to petworth and found about 2g dried.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: UkPsilocyber]
    #26242555 -

UkPsilocyber said:
No luck in south east today, the ground is very dry!! Have had good success in devon but not round here yet



Yes s.e is very dry I checked yesterday.. also agree with you about Devon after having success today :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Nityananda]
    #26242569 -

If I find some libs and then just keep them till the next day and then want to take some, will they be classed as fresh or dry? Let's say I leave them in the bag and dont let them air.. will my dosage be based on fresh? And let's say if I leave them to air overnight .. will they be considered dry the next day ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Nityananda]
    #26242580 -

Also wondering about eating.. should one take on empty stomach ? And then once ingested can one eat afterwards ? Does it matter?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: p.bio]
    #26242654 -

Hi just checking on these pics from ancient cow land

Saw a few smaller ones but left those for these few





Cheers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: wallam91]
    #26242663 -

wallam91 said:
Hi just checking on these pics from ancient cow land

Saw a few smaller ones but left those for these few





Cheers



First pic, those are liberty caps. Second pic, those are not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Nityananda]
    #26242676 -

Nityananda said:
Also wondering about eating.. should one take on empty stomach ? And then once ingested can one eat afterwards ? Does it matter?



Empty stomach is good if you wish for them to work faster ...and I would work your dose there and then as tollerence builds fast ....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: PsyMindz86]
    #26242727 -

PsyMindz86 said:
Nityananda said:
Also wondering about eating.. should one take on empty stomach ? And then once ingested can one eat afterwards ? Does it matter?



Empty stomach is good if you wish for them to work faster ...and I would work your dose there and then as tollerence builds fast ....



Thanks.. I didnt understand the second part could you explain what you mean?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Nityananda]
    #26242789 -

He's saying work out beforehand how many you want to take and then take them all in one go because the body adjusts it's tolerance very quickly, so e.g taking two grams and then three hours later taking another two grams will have a lesser effect than taking four grams first all in one go.

....which I think is not quite what you were asking anyway.
Eating shrooms on an empty stomach does make them come on a bit quicker and may make the effect ramp up more rapidly.
Eating food a little while after taking the shrooms will not affect the trip sigificantly, which is what I think you were asking.

Personally I do not take them on a totally empty stomach as it can make me feel a bit nauseous for an hour or so if I do, so I usually have a light snack shortly before ingesting

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: p.bio]
    #26242798 -

p.bio said:
Interesting, thanks. I might need to start looking at golf courses then too, have been focusing just on the right sort of fields so far. If they are tiny, could it be early days and the ones in the field just aren't big enough yet to see?



Yep, golf courses have produced the best for me every year. These small libs are mature, just really small. I think I put it down the the grass being shorter maybe.

A dont know why the right habitat fields arnt producing, maybe I'm not putting the miles in but golf courses tend to be easier for me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: SkunkonToast]
    #26242801 -

SkunkonToast said:
wallam91 said:
Hi just checking on these pics from ancient cow land

Saw a few smaller ones but left those for these few





Cheers



First pic, those are liberty caps. Second pic, those are not.



Mycena sp. for second picture. Nice libs.


--------------------


β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: 60Hippy]
    #26242821 -

60Hippy said:
He's saying work out beforehand how many you want to take and then take them all in one go because the body adjusts it's tolerance very quickly, so e.g taking two grams and then three hours later taking another two grams will have a lesser effect than taking four grams first all in one go.

....which I think is not quite what you were asking anyway.
Eating shrooms on an empty stomach does make them come on a bit quicker and may make the effect ramp up more rapidly.
Eating food a little while after taking the shrooms will not affect the trip sigificantly, which is what I think you were asking.

Personally I do not take them on a totally empty stomach as it can make me feel a bit nauseous for an hour or so if I do, so I usually have a light snack shortly before ingesting



My main question was this :

If I find some libs and then just keep them till the next day and then want to take some, will they be classed as fresh or dry? Let's say I leave them in the bag and dont let them air.. will my dosage be based on fresh? And let's say if I leave them to air overnight .. will they be considered dry the next day ?


If I leave them in a bag until next day then will they be considered "fresh" ? Because there is difference in dosage between dry and fresh so dont want to get the dosage wrong

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Nityananda]
    #26242860 -

Are libs ok to leave in a bag until next day ? Will they go bad or anything?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Nityananda]
    #26242863 -

Personally I wouldn't leave them in a plastic bag overnight, I would expect them to go mushy and fester, a paper bag maybe.
I wouldn't expect them to be completely overnight if spread out on paper and left to air dry, so the weight ratio/guide for dry or wet will be out as you'd be somewhere in the middle, but that is how I would leave them overnight. Therefore if I wanted to use weight as as a guide I would weigh them wet into set portions and group them laid out on paper to dry overnight. That way they can air dry a bit and not fester, and you know what the wet weight was prior.
You can also sanity check the pickings as you lay them out for anything dubious.


--------------------
I still don't know what I don't know, but I know there is much that I still don't know...
Please don't trust my ID alone - I am just a noob making an effort. If in doubt, throw it out.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: p.bio]
    #26242916 -

p.bio said:
Personally I wouldn't leave them in a plastic bag overnight, I would expect them to go mushy and fester, a paper bag maybe.
I wouldn't expect them to be completely overnight if spread out on paper and left to air dry, so the weight ratio/guide for dry or wet will be out as you'd be somewhere in the middle, but that is how I would leave them overnight. Therefore if I wanted to use weight as as a guide I would weigh them wet into set portions and group them laid out on paper to dry overnight. That way they can air dry a bit and not fester, and you know what the wet weight was prior.
You can also sanity check the pickings as you lay them out for anything dubious.



So like put them into 10g piles separately and then this way it wont be trouble to work out the dosage the  next day...

And then how does one work out the dosage ? So if they are in piles of 10g each wet weight then how would you work out the dosage?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Nityananda]
    #26243010 -

Photos from today - lots and lots around the Peak District. Found mainly on grass/sedge above 300m - collected over 2000 from 9am to 4pm



--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: fraggle]
    #26243040 -

fraggle said:
Photos from today - lots and lots around the Peak District. Found mainly on grass/sedge above 300m - collected over 2000 from 9am to 4pm





Good on ya mate, class pictures! And good picking!

I was up moors on the outskirts of the north pennines and found minimal. Perfect looking fields but I suspect people have picked it clean:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | | Last >

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Liberty caps? [5 images] d_myco420 5,282 9 10/06/02 06:13 PM
by DocPsilocybin
* Liberty Caps : The offical "Fall 2004 Season" post
( 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 )
Gumby 65,261 299 11/23/18 07:26 PM
by Bigmac84
* Liberty Cap Dosage?
( 1 2 all )
DocPsilocybin 56,898 39 10/24/19 10:02 AM
by Anglerfish
* Liberty Caps In England, (yes, i kno its not th season yet!) mcbob 12,380 13 02/18/04 04:52 AM
by gwum
* Liberty caps in england...
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Ajoc 55,536 145 10/15/16 03:39 PM
by Masterp123
* Damnit, now I'm turned off from hunting for liberty caps! megaman3 33,033 17 08/22/03 01:12 PM
by Mitchnast
* Best conditions to hunt for Liberty Caps? BongmasteR 25,778 7 11/10/01 04:33 PM
by Psylosymon
* I found some liberty caps, in summer Blu Spore 3,879 5 06/16/04 11:59 AM
by GGreatOne234

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
58,080 topic views. 1 members, 32 guests and 47 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.