Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: themushie] * 2
    #26239232 -

igCorcaigh said:
Hi everyone.

Just checking in to the forum after a 5 year absence.

Hope you're all good.

Is there an Irish thread here?



Here you go, mate - welcome back :mushroom2:

Gonzos said:
Found out on our first hunt in Wessex! Possible Fimetaria/Liberty mix or just lookalikes?

We were traversing waterlogged grasslands that were being heavily grazed by horses and cows, the grass was not so long maybe 2-5cm and it was rather lumpy ground, alot of dung aswell but these shroomies seemed to prefer being next to the more waterlogged areas

Gills are all over quite dark, brownish more so than purple for the most part, ranging to almost black on some


Guessing that the 2 on the left in this one are different species from the ones on the right?






the one on the right here being the first one we found that made us think we might be on to something!




Alot of fun for our first trip!:smile: :mushroom:  :mushroom:  :mushroom:



None of these look like libs to me, sorry bud.

themushie said:
Nope non ... eat them anyway if your so sure.. I hate ignorance people come online to tell you they found libs .. but they havnt they just are half blind and thick



Come on man, don't encourage people to eat unidentified mushrooms... No need to have a go at someone for not knowing something,  everyone is ignorant until they aren't.  Gotta start learning somewhere. :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: themushie]
    #26239355 -

themushie said:
Nope non ... eat them anyway if your so sure.. I hate ignorance people come online to tell you they found libs .. but they havnt they just are half blind and thick



Why the negativity man if it wasnt for people on here I'd still be picking the wrong thing ,if you dont want to help people thats cool just scroll past their message and get on with your life no need to be a dick about it !!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Quacka] * 1
    #26239376 -

Found a couple of biggish libs this morning here in Sth Wales. Found on common ground. Still struggling to find a decent find though, quantity wise.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: themushie]
    #26239385 -

sorry mate didn't mean to touch a nerve but we were definitely meant to be asking and not telling,
thanks for the confirmation on them definitely not being libs though!

we haven't dosed any and hope this haul means we're on the right track to finding some

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: igCorcaigh]
    #26239446 -

igCorcaigh said:
Hi everyone.

Just checking in to the forum after a 5 year absence.

Hope you're all good.

Is there an Irish thread here?




Yeah there is, think it started before this one.  Here...


--------------------
Back once again with the ill behaviour



Links I like

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Smoothcat]
    #26239570 -

Few from the weekend

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Smoothcat]
    #26239576 -

@themushi - Harsh , I don’t think that post said they were certain...

Regarding you signature , Off topic-ish my apologies but
About the aztec and mayan , wasn’t so much aztec , atleast not the rulers that enjoyed taking life away in a show of power in comparison to the personification and age of Quetzalcoatl which had love for humanity  , there’s a contradiction , we will never find out the real truth about the aztec , Spaniards could of deceived
http://eric.pettifor.org/aztec

but I think you will find this of interest - https://www.academia.edu/9293937/The_entheomycological_origin_of_Egyptian_crowns_and_the_esoteric_underpinnings_of_Egyptian_religion

Edit Woops , didn’t see the next page

Edited by PsyMindz86 (10/09/19 09:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Proton]
    #26239754 -

Hi there,

Swim's First time foraging, compared these mushies to those in other users' pics, but still not sure if swim has the right ones.

Can someone confirm whether or not any of the mushies in swim's pics are Liberty Caps?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: foraginghunter41]
    #26239788 -

No luck in south east today, the ground is very dry!! Have had good success in devon but not round here yet

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: foraginghunter41]
    #26239791 -

foraginghunter41 said:
Hi there,

Swim's First time foraging, compared these mushies to those in other users' pics, but still not sure if swim has the right ones.

Can someone confirm whether or not any of the mushies in swim's pics are Liberty Caps?





Numbers 1,2 and 4 in the first picture are Psilocybe semilanceata. The rest appear to be Parasola conopilea or something very similar.


--------------------


β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Anglerfish]
    #26239871 -

Great thank you for the help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: foraginghunter41]
    #26239984 -

A bit of a long shot but has anybody seen the "Libmeister" Dr Uarewotueat?

Now that lad could find shrooms :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: UkPsilocyber]
    #26239994 -

I'm in the same boat down in the South East mate. Found one tiny patch with about a dozen caps but had little other success yet. Need a good solid day or so of rain to soak the ground. Fingers crossed that this weekend is looking wet down here.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: SkunkonToast]
    #26240038 -

I'm having an unreal season so far. Only been hunting for libs and met loads of other hunters so far. Thinking about potentially looking for other varieties of active mushrooms, what would people recommend?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Jny]
    #26240261 -

Hi wondered if you could identify this mushroom, I picked it from a bunch of around 40 which I left as they were tiny. It's about 1/2 inch wide and the stem around 3 inch browny coloured. Thanks.

[embed=,][/embed]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Gonzos]
    #26241476 -

Gonzos said:
Found out on our first hunt in Wessex! Possible Fimetaria/Liberty mix or just lookalikes?

We were traversing waterlogged grasslands that were being heavily grazed by horses and cows, the grass was not so long maybe 2-5cm and it was rather lumpy ground, alot of dung aswell but these shroomies seemed to prefer being next to the more waterlogged areas

Gills are all over quite dark, brownish more so than purple for the most part, ranging to almost black on some


Guessing that the 2 on the left in this one are different species from the ones on the right?






the one on the right here being the first one we found that made us think we might be on to something!




Alot of fun for our first trip!:smile: :mushroom:  :mushroom:  :mushroom:



I think I can see 1 maybe 2 libs in there, don’t take that as gospel but I think your deffo on the right track mate

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Dan_P]
    #26241479 -

Just wondering if anyone out Lincolnshire way has found owt yet, I’m checking out the local golf course after work tonight and then will be checking the local common land on the weekend hopefully find a few.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Dan_P]
    #26241927 -

I'm finding them in co. Durham on golf courses but not in common fields for some reason, these fields seem like the perfect habitat for them aswell.

The ones I'm finding on golf courses are normally tiny but I'm finding quite a few so it's all good.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: nato23]
    #26241956 -

Interesting, thanks. I might need to start looking at golf courses then too, have been focusing just on the right sort of fields so far. If they are tiny, could it be early days and the ones in the field just aren't big enough yet to see?


--------------------
I still don't know what I don't know, but I know there is much that I still don't know...
Please don't trust my ID alone - I am just a noob making an effort. If in doubt, throw it out.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Official U. K 2019 Liberty Cap season πŸ„ πŸ‘Œ [Re: Bell22]
    #26241962 -

Bell22 said:
Hi wondered if you could identify this mushroom, I picked it from a bunch of around 40 which I left as they were tiny. It's about 1/2 inch wide and the stem around 3 inch browny coloured. Thanks.

[embed=,][/embed]




I can't tell you what it is, but I'm pretty sure it's not a liberty cap if that's any help. If you want something more definitive, perhaps try a separate ID post.


--------------------
I still don't know what I don't know, but I know there is much that I still don't know...
Please don't trust my ID alone - I am just a noob making an effort. If in doubt, throw it out.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Liberty caps? [5 images] d_myco420 5,282 9 10/06/02 06:13 PM
by DocPsilocybin
* Liberty Caps : The offical "Fall 2004 Season" post
( 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 )
Gumby 65,262 299 11/23/18 07:26 PM
by Bigmac84
* Liberty Cap Dosage?
( 1 2 all )
DocPsilocybin 56,902 39 10/24/19 10:02 AM
by Anglerfish
* Liberty Caps In England, (yes, i kno its not th season yet!) mcbob 12,380 13 02/18/04 04:52 AM
by gwum
* Liberty caps in england...
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Ajoc 55,537 145 10/15/16 03:39 PM
by Masterp123
* Damnit, now I'm turned off from hunting for liberty caps! megaman3 33,035 17 08/22/03 01:12 PM
by Mitchnast
* Best conditions to hunt for Liberty Caps? BongmasteR 25,778 7 11/10/01 04:33 PM
by Psylosymon
* I found some liberty caps, in summer Blu Spore 3,879 5 06/16/04 11:59 AM
by GGreatOne234

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
58,085 topic views. 1 members, 11 guests and 31 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.