Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Supporting our troops [Re: silversoul7]
    #2588124 - 04/21/04 07:11 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Would the national guard you admitted would be neccesary earlier in the thread be financed voluntarily?

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Supporting our troops [Re: Ancalagon]
    #2588141 - 04/21/04 07:14 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Not exactly. It would be financed by a land value tax, which taxes land use. Since nobody rightfully owns the land, it is just to charge them a percentage of the land value for using land for private use.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

#2588204 - 04/21/04 07:28 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Can you clarify that?

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Supporting our troops [Re: Ancalagon]
    #2588219 - 04/21/04 07:32 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Ancalagon said:
Can you clarify that?

Yes, but I've done so too many times already. Read this if you want to know more:
http://www.henrygeorge.org/rem0.htm

--------------------

Offlinegermin8tionn8ion
enthusiast
Re: Supporting our troops [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2588372 - 04/21/04 08:01 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DoctorJ said:
hmmmm.... I wonder if your problems with reading comprehension have anything to do with the ignorance of your opinion.

"I use tools. I laugh at tools. I send tools to die so that I can have cheap gasoline. I do not respect tools. Obviously, they dont respect themselves, or they wouldn't have put themselves in that position. "

Sure, I respect the tools I use in my work or in my art..

and you bring my reading and comprehension into question
Quote:

But I don't have the same respect for tools as I do for human beings. When my hammer breaks, I go buy a new one. I don't hold a funeral for it. But anyway, I dont see what any of that has to do with whether I use tools on a regular basis or not.

Your post showed that you "do not have any respect for tools". You don't specifically indicate that you mean the "hired killers",you say "tools" in general.
Quote:

When I used the word 'tools' in my previous post I meant it in a human way as in "that person is a tool". As in "that person has no respect for himself to the point where he is willing to sign all of his rights away to the government and become a souless mercenary."

I've usually thought of referring to someone as a 'tool' to be synonomous with being a 'dick'. However, you didn't say that in the previous post, you said "I have no respect for tools". A tool is an implement. Show me a dictionary that shows that "tool" refers to the US military, and i'll admit my comprehension mistake.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
    #2588542 - 04/21/04 08:36 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I have a question. Who cares what you call the tax? It's still coming from your personal income.

If tomorrow there was no such thing as income tax, and all taxes were paid in the name of something else, it would still be money from your pocket.

What's the point?

Would a turd by any other name smell as rank?

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Supporting our troops [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2589027 - 04/21/04 10:12 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

If tomorrow there was no such thing as income tax, and all taxes were paid in the name of something else, it would still be money from your pocket.

It's not just a matter of what you call it. It's a matter of what you're taxing. A person who doesn't own land wouldn't have to pay a land value tax. This is not a case of taking one thing and calling it something else.

--------------------

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2589045 - 04/21/04 10:15 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

What is your reasoning that someone can't own land?

--------------------
This space for rent

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Supporting our troops [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2589056 - 04/21/04 10:17 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Because the land was not produced by human effort. Therefore nobody can rightfully claim it as their own.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Supporting our troops [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2589067 - 04/21/04 10:19 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

I don't really support or ridicule the troops, just let them be. It was their choice to join the army/ let themselves get drafted, and now they pay the consequences, whether they be good or bad. I expect some troops to die; without death there wouldn't be a war, and I expect many of them are also corrupt.

I do have some friends in the army, not sure what the hell went through their heads, though one of them did manage to get out by leaving his post in Afghanistan and still getting discharged (not dishonorably somehow.)

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Supporting our troops [Re: germin8tionn8ion]
    #2589099 - 04/21/04 10:24 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

tool n 1. a person who is impressionable, easily used by others; LOSER; WANNA-BE. ("That guy is such a tool. He would do anything to be accepted.")

source: http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wrader/slang/t.html

Quote:

tool n... 6. A person used to carry out the designs of another; a dupe.

source: http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/t/t0266200.html

sorry. I didn't realize that you older models of human are not able to comprehend the new slang protocols. Ahh, the pain of obsolescence.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#2590342 - 04/22/04 09:11 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

It would be for those of us who plan to own land or already own land and therefore would be shouldering the financial resposibility for everyone.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

#2590363 - 04/22/04 09:21 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Ownership is an agreement that something belongs to someone. It has nothing to do with how the thing was made. I you decide to claim something then it is yours until someone or everyone else makes a claim otherwise. Land ownership works because the landowner has stated the he claims the land and everyone agrees to be legally bound to that claim as long as no other claim supercedes it.

You may wish or dream about some kind of theoretical land where land ownership is null and void but it isn't so here in the real world.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Re: Supporting our troops [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2590397 - 04/22/04 09:33 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Ownership is an agreement that something belongs to someone. It has nothing to do with how the thing was made. I you decide to claim something then it is yours until someone or everyone else makes a claim otherwise. Land ownership works because the landowner has stated the he claims the land and everyone agrees to be legally bound to that claim as long as no other claim supercedes it.

You said it right there. He claims the land. But the land was there before him. It is a resource in finite supply that was there before him, will be there after him, and never was his to rightfully claim in the first place, even if everyone else agrees that it is. Land is common property to which all people have an equal right. Using the land privately restricts people from their right to use it, and therefore the person using it must pay a tax to the rest of society for hoarding this common property for their own use. Land ownership only works because people do not see that it violates their rights.

--------------------

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Supporting our troops [Re: Evolving]
    #2590430 - 04/22/04 09:42 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

This was a cost the Nazis were unwilling to bear

So it's harder to take over Switzerland than Russia? Your ignorance is astounding.

I knew it was a mistake to take you off ignore. Back on you go.

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Supporting our troops [Re: Xlea321]
    #2590488 - 04/22/04 10:00 AM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Alex123 said:

So it's harder to take over Switzerland than Russia? Your ignorance is astounding.

How disingenuous of you. I retract my earlier statement about not responding to you on this tangent just to point out the obvious foolishness of your response. Your inability to comprehend English or to be honest is what is really astounding.

Here is the ENTIRE quote, "This was a cost the Nazis were unwilling to bear until their other European enemies (Britain and The Soviet Union) were defeated." Emphasis added to highlight for others the level of your reading ability.

I also followed up with this question, "So, if they couldn't afford to defeat them right away they might as well use their services until a more opportune time arose, right?" Which, to any thinking person would put your earlier remarks about using the Swiss for financial purposes in perspective.

Quite baffling, really. Are you not taking your prescription meds as required for your disorder?

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2591393 - 04/22/04 02:28 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Just in case Mr. Dishonest really did put you back on ignore.
Quote:

Evolving said:
Quote:

Alex123 said:

How disingenuous of you. I retract my earlier statement about not responding to you on this tangent just to point out the obvious foolishness of your response. Your inability to comprehend English or to be honest is what is really astounding.

Here is the ENTIRE quote, "This was a cost the Nazis were unwilling to bear until their other European enemies (Britain and The Soviet Union) were defeated." Emphasis added to highlight for others the level of your reading ability.

I also followed up with this question, "So, if they couldn't afford to defeat them right away they might as well use their services until a more opportune time arose, right?" Which, to any thinking person would put your earlier remarks about using the Swiss for financial purposes in perspective.

Quite baffling, really. Are you not taking your prescription meds as required for your disorder?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Supporting our troops [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2591632 - 04/22/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks.  I don't care what Alex says, you're alright in my book. :thumbup:

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2591648 - 04/22/04 03:34 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

:blush:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Supporting our troops [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2593302 - 04/22/04 11:55 PM (19 years, 11 months ago)

put you back on ignore.

Yep, I did  :yawn:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder