Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Ten Commandments (Revised)
    #2380188 -

I saw this on a poster at the hospital and i would like to share it.

1. Treat the Earth and all that dwell theron with respect.

2. Remain close to the Great Spirit.

3. Show great respect for your fellow beings.

4. Work together for the benefit of all mankind.

5. Give assistance and kindness wherever needed.

6. Do what you know to be right.

7. Look after the well-being of mind and body.

8. Dedicate a share of your efforts to the greater good.

9. Be truthful and honest at all times.

10. Take full responsibility for your actions.


--------------------


"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

- John Prine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ten Commandments (Revised) [Re: schmutzen]
    #2380265 -

I like nine of those. You can keep #2.


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ten Commandments (Revised) [Re: schmutzen]
    #2380324 -

I'll put that on my to do list. Let's see here,

1. Fashion Shopping
2. Tanning
3. Wash the car
4. Watch Survivor allstar Island
5. Adopt new ten commandments


--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ten Commandments (Revised) [Re: schmutzen]
    #2380457 -

Revised version for the evil and powerful:

1. Exploit the Earth and all the dwell thereon.

2. God is dead, You are your own God.

3. Have the "other beings" feel tortured and helpless, while bleeding them dry.

4. Take what YOU want.

5. Spread fear and hatred to every dying soul.

6. Do what is right, anything you want.

7. You are imortal, all this pain is an illusion.

8. Keep everything for yourself, and take anything you can.

9. Be true to yourself, never submit.

10. "I didn't do it."


--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ten Commandments (Revised) [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2380612 -

Slightly off topic...I'm convinced that Moses was schizophrenic.  He claimed to talk to god?  Uh...riiight. :rolleyes:

I don't see any rules in genuine spirituality.  I'd imagine that truly enlightened people are well aware of how to govern themself.


--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ten Commandments (Revised) [Re: Viaggio]
    #2380640 -

You guys are funny. I dunno, i like 'em.

I don't see any rules in genuine spirituality. I'd imagine that truly enlightened people are well aware of how to govern themself.

I see them more as guidlines. I guess it's aimed more towards those that are not yet truly enlightened.


--------------------


"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

- John Prine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ten Commandments (Revised) [Re: schmutzen]
    #2380906 -

i like them all, namaste...their good rules to live by, but i don't know if i'd call them commandments.
:mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ten Commandments (Revised) [Re: Viaggio]
    #2381370 -

viaggio said:
Slightly off topic...I'm convinced that Moses was schizophrenic.  He claimed to talk to god?  Uh...riiight. :rolleyes:

I don't see any rules in genuine spirituality.  I'd imagine that truly enlightened people are well aware of how to govern themself.



^^^ close-mindedness

Yea...talking to God is sooooo crazy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ten Commandments (Revised) [Re: Viaggio]
    #2383059 -

viaggio: I don't see any rules in genuine spirituality. I'd imagine that truly enlightened people are well aware of how to govern themself.

It all boils down to personal responsibility, doesn't it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ten Commandments (Revised) [Re: schmutzen]
    #2383082 -

I took the original ten and compressed them down into two, which is how I try to live my life:

1) Love my neighbor as I love myself.
2) Love mother nature above all else. (Replace mother nature with "", God, etc depeding upon your beliefs)

If you read the original 10, they pretty much all fit into the above two. Five of them are rules for dealing with other people, and the other five are rules for dealing with God.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ten Commandments (Revised) [Re: Seuss]
    #2387539 -

And we are all neighbors on this place called Earth and beyond, let's make the best of it.


--------------------


"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

- John Prine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ten Commandments (Revised) [Re: schmutzen]
    #2387723 -

namaste said:
And we are all  neighbors  on this place called Earth and beyond, let's make the best of it.



my sentiments exactly :thumbup:


--------------------
You are the microcosm of the macrocosm.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Ten Commandments -- based on Deception....?
( 1 2 all )
PhanTomCat 1,621 24 02/12/05 12:50 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* The Ten Commandments
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Swami 2,126 60 12/03/04 03:18 PM
by Cyber
* Ten Commandments Phred 581 1 03/15/05 12:35 PM
by Psychoactive1984
* Revisiting Enlightenment.
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Icelander 10,411 106 03/30/07 07:10 PM
by spiritualemerg
* My predicament with "THE 10 Commandments"
( 1 2 all )
PsillyNilly 1,587 34 02/01/05 10:56 AM
by JCoke
* You know that you actually ARE Enlightened....(?)
( 1 2 all )
PhanTomCat 4,620 38 06/04/07 01:13 AM
by spiritualemerg
* Questions for the Enlightened
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
Huehuecoyotl 15,402 120 05/20/08 02:14 PM
by deimya
* Are hippies enlightened?
( 1 2 3 all )
Dogomush 6,234 49 11/04/03 05:46 AM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,000 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.