Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineorion
shroud me intonightmares ofthe sun

Not meant to offend anyone
    #2382093 - 02/27/04 04:54 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I was just wondering how many of you would agree with me that "god" is a very crazy being, if he exists at all? I mean, don't get me wrong, it's cool that he made me and all, but come on, if he's going to make something, shouldn't he at least try to make it right, or maybe even stick around to make sure it turns out right?
Like I said, I'm not trying to offend, but in my opinion, god is a lunatic. Tell me what you think about this process...
1. Make me a body
2. Insert soul
3. Give said body instincts
4. Give the soul a voice "conscience"(sp)
5. Be amused at the struggle for all eternity?

--------------------
==================================================

mind, not matter, is causation

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: Not meant to offend anyone [Re: orion]
    #2382124 - 02/27/04 05:51 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Schizophrenia
2. A situation or condition that results from the coexistence of disparate or antagonistic qualities, identities, or activities.
----------------------------------

Some people will always take offense at the least sign of 'deviation' from their adopted belief system;
and these are just thoughts:
----------------------------------

I suppose Time in confinement could be whiled away in the creation of a world populated by various characteristics of one's own personality.

As such I would expect a re-integration upon absolvement...But not to the extinguishment of individualy created consciousnesses...but a re-integration of the individual with the characteristics of the whole.

The point being, I guess, to bring to the fore those characteristics best suited to..um...interpersonal relationships, while simultaneously providing an outlet for instictual gratifications such as murder and mayhem.
-----------------------------------------

Whomever was confined by Whatever has created a vast assortment of charaters within which the gods can interact with each other without coming face to face with each other in person...I guess that makes us disposable receptacles for the whims of higher ( and ruthless )consciousnesses...aint life a bitch
-------------------------------------

I spend most of my time navigating from one confusion to the next...so anything I say is foolishly inadequate.

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2382162 - 02/27/04 06:35 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Who said none of this has turned out "right"? :wink:

I tend to follow Causality (which does not exclude the existence of a deity) and causality would indicate that everything has turned out exactly as it should have.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2382202 - 02/27/04 07:02 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Further ramblings of a confused mind:

When We ( as individual representations of the whole) get absolved...I suppose we get to interact with those individual and multiple characteristics in creations of other 'gods'.

Survival and freedom from isolation is dependent on some kind of Law, of which I have been trying to fathom, and I will post the present state of my intuitive results here later, after I have done my chores...maybe

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2382257 - 02/27/04 07:39 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Subjective Compedium of Rules to be kept in mind:

1) I could be wrong.

2) Try not to attack thru egotistical tendencies;.

3) But we will anyway since ego is necessary for survival.

4) Nothing is for certain; Therefore...

5) Everything is suspect.

6) Try not to hold grudges.

7) Try to percieve God in everything.

8) Make the case for the opposition (Try to see it from their viewpoint)

9) I don't have to direct or be the authority.

10) Trust the process.

11) Know when I'm dumb. (Try not to let pride make me overstep my capabilities...even tho I will anyway)

12) FORGIVE! (how hard is that?)

When we can't forgive that's OK God will judge for us,( and if we think God's judgement is harsh perhaps it is a reflection of our own harsh judgements)

Find the comfort quotient in "PATIENCE"!!

I WILL forget all of the above and act impetously...Hence the importance of the forgiveness factor.

Our actions reflect our intentions...so someone's intent could be divined thru their actions.
So I keep asking myself just what exactly IS my intention.

I am facing insanity thru reason but that doesn't make insanity any less reasonable.

We are all on an equal footing.

Resolve the conflict between hell & heaven, reason & insanity, inclusively.(laissez-faire)...

...so the apology Works...

Wonders?...

DON'T WEAR IT OUT!!

I rely on what is Not Me, for contrast.

It may not be me, but I can see how it may be 'nice'.

Please forgive me and don't give me misery...But there is no resolution between Opposites...hence the misery and tendency to isolate ourselves in an exclusive attempt at resolution.

So the ego is both common ground and bone for contention.
------------------------------

criticism welcomed

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Not meant to offend anyone [Re: castaway]
    #2382293 - 02/27/04 07:54 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

castaway said:
Subjective Compedium of Rules to be kept in mind:

1) I could be wrong.

2) Try not to attack thru egotistical tendencies;.

4) Nothing is for certain; Therefore...

5) Everything is suspect.

6) Try not to hold grudges.

7) Try to percieve God in everything.

8) Make the case for the opposition (Try to see it from their viewpoint)

9) I don't have to direct or be the authority.

10) Trust the process.

11) Know when I'm dumb. (Try not to let pride make me overstep my capabilities...even tho I will anyway)

12) FORGIVE! (how hard is that?)

When we can't forgive that's OK God will judge for us,( and if we think God's judgement is harsh perhaps it is a reflection of our own harsh judgements)

Find the comfort quotient in "PATIENCE"!!

I WILL forget all of the above and act impetously...Hence the importance of the forgiveness factor.

Our actions reflect our intentions...so someone's intent could be divined thru their actions.
So I keep asking myself just what exactly IS my intention.

I am facing insanity thru reason but that doesn't make insanity any less reasonable.

We are all on an equal footing.

Resolve the conflict between hell & heaven, reason & insanity, inclusively.(laissez-faire)...

...so the apology Works...

Wonders?...

DON'T WEAR IT OUT!!

I rely on what is Not Me, for contrast.

It may not be me, but I can see how it may be 'nice'.

Please forgive me and don't give me misery...But there is no resolution between Opposites...hence the misery and tendency to isolate ourselves in an exclusive attempt at resolution.

So the ego is both common ground and bone for contention.
------------------------------

criticism welcomed

I like your compendium.  :smile:

I think God put our souls in human bodies on this planet earth to see what we would do.  I like the first post, because it was pretty funny.  It would be a good joke, wouldn't it?  Put us spirits or souls in human bodies and watch the struggle.  :grin: 

Someone I know says we are put in bodies here on earth to learn.  We learn here faster than we do in heaven, or where ever it is that heaven is that spirits reside when they're not walking around in physical bodies.  And how easy to please God if it's easy to be a human. 

God really doesn't want a bunch of people walking around praising him or doing things to please Him just because it's easy to do.  If we do what's difficult to do, then it's much more pleasing to Him.  We're doing the things that please Him because we want to, even if it's hard, rather than because it comes so naturally or easily. 

That's what I think, anyways, being a Christian and all that.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: Not meant to offend anyone [Re: Frog]
    #2382310 - 02/27/04 08:01 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

So sad we (can only) learn thru pain.

(p.s. I was expecting rebuttal on the 'gay' thread and had my retort all worked out in advance...but you deprived me of satisfaction! Women!:)

Edited by castaway (02/27/04 08:08 AM)

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2382888 - 02/27/04 11:11 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have a terrible memory, and I've been busy lately. I forgot about the "gay" thread. (What gay thread???) I'll go find it and see what you wrote. (Did I write on it???)

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2382948 - 02/27/04 11:26 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I was just wondering how many of you would agree with me that "god" is a very crazy being, if he exists at all?

*claps*

bravo

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Not meant to offend anyone [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2383117 - 02/27/04 12:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

> I was just wondering how many of you would agree with me that "god" is a very crazy being

That which is not understood is often seen as crazy.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
    #2383134 - 02/27/04 12:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It seems to me that god is sticking around through the whole process and has made everything right in his image. You just don't see it.

Offlineyewhew
Dead in Eternity

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2383247 - 02/27/04 12:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Right in "his" own image?

It's all really easy to blurt out statements like this without thinking twice.. err.. once. Look at the holocaust, world war, starvation etc. What exactly is Gods image here? Oh wait, don't tell me, he has his reasons right? We just don't understand them. Tell me, do you really believe that? Or are you afraid to contemplate the existence of a universe that has no God?

--------------------

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: Not meant to offend anyone [Re: yewhew]
    #2383664 - 02/27/04 02:45 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I don't pretend to know what it is all about...and I don't really understand why it has to be the way it is...But I suppose it is within reason to expect the intolerant branch of one faction to be complimented by the intolerant branch of another.

I getting distracted...later

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Not meant to offend anyone [Re: yewhew]
    #2386043 - 02/28/04 04:37 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

castaway said:

*buzzer* Wrong! Ego is NOT necessary for survival.  :razz:

:grin:

Quote:

yewhew said:
Right in "his" own image?

It's all really easy to blurt out statements like this without thinking twice.. err.. once. Look at the holocaust, world war, starvation etc. What exactly is Gods image here? Oh wait, don't tell me, he has his reasons right? We just don't understand them. Tell me, do you really believe that? Or are you afraid to contemplate the existence of a universe that has no God?

Ahh, the old "suffering = no God" evidence. Sorry, but that proves NOTHING about whether or not there is a God. If you really think that if there was a God, everything would be perfect and blissful and etc. etc., then maybe you need to rethink it?

Welcome to the world of duality, my friend. Were you aware that there isn't a positive unless there is a negative? :grin: You take one thing and it cannot be experienced unless it has something else on the other end of the spectrum to compare it to.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: Not meant to offend anyone [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2386078 - 02/28/04 04:58 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

will you elucidate on this opinion?

Offlinematteo
empty

#2386083 - 02/28/04 05:00 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Every thing, concept or physical, exists relative to every other thing.

Just as up would not exist without down, there cannot be "good" unless there is "evil".

--------------------
I have presented the above as fact, but it is only based on one of an infinite number of possible theories, each of which is as true as the other is false.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2386114 - 02/28/04 05:49 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

castaway said:
will you elucidate on this opinion?

That the ego isn't needed for survival? Sure. You don't need a mental program that constantly strives to protect your individual perspective and to continue your survival when you can consciously make the choice to protect yourself when you are actually threatened... no automatic command dictating your choice, only you perceiving on your own and conscoiusly making your own choices....

You don't have to be forced to pick up a shovel, you can pick it up on your own free will.  :lol:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: Not meant to offend anyone [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2386193 - 02/28/04 07:36 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

But without ego there would be no desire to pick up a shovel

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#2386262 - 02/28/04 09:13 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Do you consider the ego the individual perspective or the mental program that is hell-bent on protecting said individual perspective?
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#2386268 - 02/28/04 09:18 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Lets start with the most ignored Oracle of Cyberspace:
http://www.dictionary.com
If you want quick reference on the meaning of a word, translate foreign gibberish into gibberish you can at least try to interpret, or the other way around check that site out!
(I mailed with a Japanese girl thru E-J autotranslation: she said it was all Chinese to her so I said pardon my french :nut:)

e?go    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (g, g)
n. pl. e?gos
1.The self, especially as distinct from the world and other selves.
2.In psychoanalysis, the division of the psyche that is conscious, most immediately controls thought and behavior, and is most in touch with external reality.

3.An exaggerated sense of self-importance; conceit.
4.Appropriate pride in oneself; self-esteem.

If you discount psychoanalysis and go for definition 1 the Ego is the "you" that not only decides you need to take a leak but locates the bathroom and unzips your fly. An ego seems pretty essential in this definition, if only to prevent embarassment should it return after the peak finding you in a puddle and the center of attention :grin:

Orion, I'm going straight for your starting post..
The way you define crazy is that you cannot understand it and see no point to it all. This means to me you are questioning the core of everything (God/Cosmos/Life Itself) and that i want to poke my nose into.

Striving for Religious-Scientific (Wiccan-Seeker) Insight I am by no means offended! Let me pas some personal dogmatic gas in your general direction before getting on your case :wink:
Here are my personal definitions, where Sci and Re shook hands for now. Please brace for impact and take it one concept at a time because I'm shoving a whole beliefs system up your gullet, 99% of the tech bits wiped off to keep this post on one thread page.

To me the highest force is The All-Encompassing One. This means that the sum of absolutely everything that can ever exist in any way will do so into Infinity. The High One never devided us from the whole: It IS the whole. Nothing is seperate from the Divine. Everything is of equal value, is ESSENTIAL as a consequence of the "laws of nature" which are absolute and interact like cogwheels in a clock.

This will give you a splitting headache so only read the following  if you have the stomach for it:

From the outside a black hole is an infinitely small point of infinite density. From the *inside* however it is infinitely large and dense. Such is the nature of our Universe if you let all time merge into one: all things possible are present everywhere. A string of Time is the artist that carves the present out of the block of marble which is the timeless universe. Cause --> Effect makes things progress through the string of time into all eternity, for time is like the serpent that bit its tail: a circle with beginning nor end where everything follows its predestined path. The part of a human that is the "ME" is among this too and travels forever along this all-encompassing path, propelled and steered by cause and effect and the balance in things we call "The Law of Probability" in class and "karma" when on LSD.
You are Eternal and will encompass all which lies in the realm of possibilities of any form that can contain the "ME"-form called Soul.
Since I found no reason yet to believe in seperate souls, I conclude that all sentient beings carry OUR VERY SOUL (You = Me in another form) and that we ARE the "GODSOUL", each in one of our many guises. The sum of all Sentience is the Divine Sentience, Which means that when all time merges into One, you do not only have Infinite Matter, but Infinite Form, Infinite Change, Infinite Time, Infinite Knowledge and Infinite Soul present troughout the Infinity of our Universe, Total Interconnectedness from which our knowledge is  seperated only by the string of time in which we live.

(I think half reading this are either hitting a bong or popping a tylenol by now. I know it sucks but I can't help I write and think that way :grin:)

Well in my universe you play your part and nothing more and your mind is but a tiny yet essential part of the whole that makes you and your life for what it is. (if you think you can use this theory to waive all responsibility and do as you please you have misunderstood, because it rather equates your freedom of choice to zero, making "responsibility" and "freedom of choice" concepts that statistically are often found between human ears but are just thought concepts. You're NOT a clock you arrogant little cogwheel :evil:

My opinion is my own and makes me happier and more pleasant (unless I try to explain it!) for others. Your opinion burdens you with inner conflict however: your use of negative words seems to me you'd want to call the Helpdesk and demand they fix your God, hoping the warranty isnt expired after 15 billion years :laugh:

Following the concept of free will I think its in your beliefs. That you developed beliefs of your own while some old ones that should better be reshaped are left. This is exactly why Windows sucks: internal inconsistencies in the program make it glitch every time. Glitches are unpleasant.

I can do nothing but tell you to look for your new answers, as only you yourself can find them and I believe personal spiritual discovery is one of the big thrills of life. Don't cram other people's ideas up your head and really think about things as long as it's reward increases to you and those around you.

Personally I get the impression you picture God as a sadistic dude chasing ants with the Divine Fire of a magnifying glass.
(exaggerated, ok!) It seems not the kind of thought that makes you feel better. If you feel that you have an Instinct x Conscience conflict which makes you suffer I step back cautiously. A priest can have such a conflict about masturbation, in this case I say tug it, because I see no human-to-Lifeform harm being done. But a serial killer might have had the same dilemma and decided to go for his "instinct" too.  You see?

What you should ask yourself is whether harm is done to others or yourself if you did or didn't do "it". Because I don't know the nature of your dilemma I can't coach you either way.

If you want to play gross dirty sexgames with a consenting adult where none gets victimized, it might be OK. If somebody comitted murder and you want to report it to the cops -but its dad-, then I say the greater good would likely be to make the call. But if you want to beat somebody up for their evil wrongdoings or choke a cat in foreplay I say NO because no inner torment of yours can justify hitting the dude or killing the cat, especially since your act will make YOU less happy in the long run too. (Read my thingie in the "Gays and the Bible" thread for my opinion on Right and Wrong in all matters, or if you get horribly vexed PM me to sit in completely partial and subjective judgement over your dilemma. Its good to read you got this conflict but it not just means you listen to urges, but state to have an active conscience too which really is a great asset.
Nothing is likely proven so its all about beliefs!

If new beliefs make you less functional and happifying to yourself and others you should abandon them before becoming someone who sucks.
Word has it nothing has ever been really proven, which means to me  that any belief more joy-spreading for you and all around you is more valuable then a less desirable belief which may be the "Ultimate Truth" but which never can be proven anyway.
What do we all want? The Good Feeling! Chase that, its a "truth" that's good enough for me!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder