Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Raw foodism and athletic pursuits
    #2362463 -

Hey guys,

So, I'm thinking I'd like to try the raw food diet. Raw vegetarian, that is. I know there's a post around here about vegetarianism, but as it degenerated into an argument over whether or not someone's source's on the subject of dairy foods were reliable, I thought I'd get this thread going.

Let's try to avoid the pitfall of argueing over whether or not it's "right" to eat meat and dairy (from an ethical standpoint) and talk about the practical aspects of drastically altering your diet.

My concern is that being a martial artist I need the energy to train for 4-5 hours a day plus ride my bike around town. I'm fit and active, lean and tall with a huge appetite.

If there are any raw foodists out there maybe you could comment on your experience with this diet. I'm curious about food preparation time (sprouting beans and grains of course takes some effort), budget.. is it expensive or cheaper?, and is it really practical for an athletic person who needs a lot of energy?

Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw foodism and athletic pursuits [Re: Squatting_Otter]
    #2362646 -

I visited a raw food commune in Hawaii once & the people there work all day collecting and farming foods. Definitely physical work & they seemed to be okay. Not exactly sure on a more strenous athletic activity though.

here's their webite: http://www.pangaia.cc
they seemed pretty knowledgable of their lifestyle - I'm sure if you emailed them, they'd hook you up with plenty of info on the subject.

good luck with the raw food - I wish I could maintain that :thumbup:


--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw foodism and athletic pursuits [Re: Squatting_Otter]
    #2362855 -

http://www.rawfood.com/cgi-bin/order/ind...c=Stephen_Arlin


^^^^This guy Arlin has written a book on raw food eating for body builders which you may find some very helpful info, he also has a link to his own personal website via the link posted at the top of the page :smile:


--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Raw foodism and athletic pursuits [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #2363095 -

cool good links, thanks guys

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Raw Milk Diet
( 1 2 3 all )
passifloracaerulea 2,348 42 01/21/19 03:32 AM
by Liaam
* Vegetarians!!! are your pets Vegetarians as well? SneezingPenis 2,061 17 07/14/07 12:44 PM
by Life_of_a_Cell
* Decided to go vegetarian
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
tomk 20,827 221 05/22/05 03:09 PM
by Delyrium
* My daughter a vegetarian?!
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
CaRnAgECaNdYS 13,220 135 08/22/11 12:16 PM
by Poid
* vegetarians
( 1 2 3 4 all )
run_rabbit_run 4,518 62 05/25/06 01:12 AM
by eligal
* Going Vegetarian...
( 1 2 all )
Organic 4,173 22 04/25/03 03:10 PM
by FreakQlibrium
* Vegetarianism?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
silversoul7 7,502 65 02/25/04 07:57 AM
by shroomsi8
* vegetarians are killing animals
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
XUL 11,103 82 06/09/05 08:02 AM
by looner2

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
906 topic views. 5 members, 5 guests and 152 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.