Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Going Vegetarian...
    #1491074 - 04/24/03 10:39 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

is sucking, I am on week 1 1/2 of just eating raw fruits/veg and drinking 100% fruit juices/water. I have been vomitting all day. I have vomitted off and on since the 3rd day of the diet, but today it has been continuous. I chose to do this for personal benefit, I'm not overweight or anything (only 115lbs), but my overindulgence in meat and dairy products was disgusting myself. I was told by a knowledgable person that my constant vomiting is my body's way of removing the toxins from my previous gluttenous lifestyle. I've been having really odd dreams too, very vivid and of tragic events.

Can anyone offer any tips? Is there a light at the end of this nausea-ridden tunnel?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Going Vegetarian... [Re: Organic]
    #1491083 - 04/24/03 10:42 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Just make sure you eat healthy man. The human body is MADE to consume meat, make sure your getting enough protein and all that. Just because its "natural" doesnt mean it has everything you need to survive...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: Going Vegetarian... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1491139 - 04/24/03 11:03 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Nah, you don't NEED meat. People live their whole lives as vegos and they live longer than meat eaters as a group. You do need some protein, fat and calcium and stuff like that though - a balanced diet. Not too much but not too little either. Nuts, tofu, baked beans, chick peas (hommus, falafel) , yoghurt, cheese, soy milk, soy sausages and patties, tempeh, etc for protein. When I was becoming vego I did some research because I was concerned that I would not get enough protein and iron. Vego women have normal iron counts. Aslo its hard not to get enough protein because lots of veges and other foods have it in them. Check out this web site.

http://www.vegsoc.org/info/goingveg.html

Dunno that just fruit and veg is good. Vegos have good health and vegan's health isn't as good. When peole do studies comparing health of vegitarians with meat eaters, vegetarians are as healthy and more on some measures (eg heart disease) though not if vegans are included in the vegetarian sample.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Going Vegetarian... [Re: enotake2]
    #1491178 - 04/24/03 11:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Right, Right. I wasnt implying that you NEED meat to live. I was just saying that you have to be careful if you dont eat meat, as the human body developed as a carnivore. I think. Maybe. Well, I'm not really sure, but I think it sounds right...But at any rate, yes, it is probably healthier, and certainly as healthy, to eat all veggies. If only bloody cow wasnt so fucking delicous....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #1491222 - 04/24/03 11:33 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry - quick reply - that was mostly directed to paranormal.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: Going Vegetarian... [Re: enotake2]
    #1491258 - 04/24/03 11:43 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Cool, thanks a lot for the info man, 5 shrooms to you

--------------------

InvisibleCaptain Jack
i [heart] you

#1491312 - 04/25/03 12:05 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

not eating meat is super healthy for you, but you are shocking your system by going from eating a lot of meat/dairy to all raw foods.
vegetarianism should be done in stages, i think.

--------------------
-
Captain Jack has been hailed as a brilliant scholar, discredited as a brilliant fraud, and mistaken for a much taller man on several occasions.

Anonymous

Re: Going Vegetarian... [Re: Captain Jack]
    #1491415 - 04/25/03 12:39 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

wow... i find this really weird that you would be vomiting from starting a vegetarian diet... something doesn't sound healthy at all, if i were you, i'd go to the doctor ASAP.... i believe your sickness has nothing to do with going vegetarian.

Edited by Anonymous (04/25/03 12:40 AM)

OfflineCeeEssGee
Canadian-American

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
    #1491453 - 04/25/03 12:54 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, the key is balance. At the start though, it's difficult. You should go in to it slowly. IE, eliminate beef and pork first, then chicken, then fish. Same thing with going *off* a vegetarian diet. One of my idiot friends went off of a 2 year vegetarian diet with a filet mignon and was puking his guts out.

--------------------
Why, sirrah, why may a caudled fillhorse be deemed the brother to a hiren candle in the night? Withal, because a candle may be greased, yet a fillhorse be without a fat argier!

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #1491975 - 04/25/03 04:20 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I would consult a knowledgable dietition. You should supplement your diet with proteins from legumes (beans).

I attended a seminar on making the right decisions regarding your diet. I will be converting to a mostly vegetarian diet soon.

Here is a link that the speaker provided to me.

http://teach.lanecc.edu/lugenbehld

Consult a dietition or doctor. Please do not be discouraged...the decision you are making is good for both your own health and the health of the world around you.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1492173 - 04/25/03 08:34 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Vegetarians need to be cooked and eaten so as to remove this scourge from society.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: Going Vegetarian... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1492228 - 04/25/03 09:22 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Dude, you need to take this one step at a time. You are hurting yourself.

Captain Jack is right, you're shocking your system. You can't go from eating meat, dairy and everything else...to just NOT eating any animal products whatsoever. There is no reason you should be sick like that!

Start by taking beef out of your diet. After a week or two, take out chicken, then fish. Spend some time letting your body adjust to your new diet and make sure that you are getting all the vitamins and minerals and junk that you need.

After a month or two of completely meatless food, you're doing awesome. Now is the time to start taking out milk, cheese and other dairy foods. Slowly...one at a time.

It's not healthy to go from carnivore to vegan in the span of days, take your time.

Good luck!

--------------------

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #1492446 - 04/25/03 11:00 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Edited by TheHateCamel (12/07/07 07:53 PM)

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: Going Vegetarian... [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #1492486 - 04/25/03 11:11 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It's also been prooven that the human intestine has such a hard time trying to digest red meat, that about halfway though a steak...they just stop and it goes through your system as is.

That's why you feel so tired and lethargic and probably constipated after you eat a big fat steak.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Going Vegetarian... [Re: CherryBom]
    #1492507 - 04/25/03 11:20 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not SURE this is a fact, but I seem to remember it from a Human Phsyiology course last semester...Isnt it true that, ounce for ounce, meat packs the most energy fuel for your body? I mean, that doesnt make sense if your only digesting parts of it...

--------------------

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #1492518 - 04/25/03 11:25 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

if only you people woudl chew your food properly. seriously.

Anonymous

#1492547 - 04/25/03 11:37 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

fat packs the most energy, ounce for ounce

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: Going Vegetarian... [Re: ]
    #1492588 - 04/25/03 11:49 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Is that animal fats? Or veggie fats? Or just fats in general? And you hafta look at usable energy too...I mean, I can load my body up with protein, but my body doesnt like to use protein as energy fuel. It likes to use Carbohydrates...

--------------------

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Re: Going Vegetarian... [Re: ]
    #1492631 - 04/25/03 12:02 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

To each thier own.

Personally I'd rather get my energy from lots of fresh fruits and veggies, pasta, and whole grain breads. It doesn't make me sluggish, my body apprecitates the way I take care of it by staying consitently healthy and I feel better about myself by being aware of what I put into my body.

I'm not one to run around preaching vegetarianism. I truly beleive it's a personal choice.

Vegetarians don't eat meat for moral, health or spiritual reasons. Most experiment with other foods, ie: tofu, soy, nuts...ect. The thing that bothers me about a lot of 'meat-eaters' is that you are so closed minded about your diets that even though you have the best of both worlds: Meat and veggies, you still focus primarily on MEAT.

You shun the tofu! You stick up your nose at the soy! It's not JUST pussy vegetarian food, you know. You can eat it too! You can have a steak with tofu stir-fry on the side! Your world of food is so much bigger...you have so many more possibilities! But you just eat the meat...not caring about the killing, the fear, the pain, the blood and the violence.

Our world is evolving. Human kind is growing into something new. This is the New Age. You really think that with our knowledge of medicine and the human body that we really need to conform to such primitive means of survival?

I really don't think so, but that is just me.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1492816 - 04/25/03 01:03 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

fat is fat.. and there are no fats in vegetables, except from the oils that some plants make.

fat has the most energy, then protein, and finally carbohydrates

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds

Community >> The Pub