Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Why do people consider this "reality"?
    #2168326 - 12/08/03 05:05 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I believe the reason consider this existence and not their dreams, trips, etc. to be "reality" is simply because it's the most constant and consistent of all the "realities" they've been exposed to. Thoughts?

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: Why do people consider this "reality"? [Re: silversoul7]
    #2168332 - 12/08/03 05:13 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

its also the physical reality that your life depends on. You can get stabbed in your dream and you wont bleed, but if someone stabs you in real life, you better go to a hospital.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
    #2168334 - 12/08/03 05:18 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

its a matrix and our measely minds can't hardly comprehend the actual way things work, think of what we percieve or our "plane" being a piece of paper through a tennis ball..physics today doesn't make any sense because its trying to make sense out of whats not, thats why quantum physics, super string theory, etc back up the whole concept that we are one plane in a "system" that is much more than we will ever know, time being a way we keep record of what we think is "passing"

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Why do people consider this "reality"? [Re: Jenny]
    #2168570 - 12/08/03 08:56 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I consider it reality because it is what my eyes, ears, nose, tongue, and skin shows me. It seems to be consistant every day. Perception equals fact.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Anonymous

#2168602 - 12/08/03 09:17 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

This is, in fact, reality. However, it's not the only one that exists. That's the biggest mistake some people make. There is no one "reality", but we do also happen to be living in one.

You're planning on going to the store but you can't find your keys. You search and search, but to no avail. Off at the nearest stoplight, someone blows a red going 75mph. You surely would have been hit had your keys been in your pocket. You find your keys - they were sitting right there on the counter! - and depart five minutes later. In a different reality, your heart is stopping and the blood draining from your body. But you go on your daily routine, never knowing that a form of you died at that light in some unreachable plane (assuming a plane where that light exists, you exist, and that speeding car exist all at the right moment in time). You may get a weird feeling or an odd thought as you pass through the light - Has this happened before? - but shrug it off when nothing happens.

Anything can exist anywhere at any time. A pink elephant could rip open the fabric of time-space and start talking to me in tongues. Who's to say the fractal patterns of your trip-vision don't exist? Sure, they're not tangible, but they exist. If they didn't exist, you wouldn't have seen them.

Invisiblephobey
watcher

Loc: home
    #2168630 - 12/08/03 09:29 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Why do people consider this "reality"?

Basicly because you have to i think. Because if you don't you won't fit in. Your're being thought what to think and whats true what's not the moment you start to think for yourself.

Like jenny said we created our own matrix. One that serves alot but abuses even more.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Why do people consider this "reality"? [Re: ]
    #2168763 - 12/08/03 10:43 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

However, it's not the only one that exists. That's the biggest mistake some people make.

Um, bigger mistakes might be:

bankrupting the country

sending our young men to die for oil

murdering your wife and child

drinking & driving

molesting little children at your ranch

taking 7g of shrooms at school

...and so forth.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

Re: Why do people consider this "reality"? [Re: Swami]
    #2168784 - 12/08/03 10:55 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

:lol: I suppose those are MUCH bigger mistakes..

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
    #2168792 - 12/08/03 10:58 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Reality in most parts of the country are the same thing seen and seen again. But when some people think they own other people riots will start and such and such. Time will one day cease to exist. Reality. Be it subjective or objective and other things. Most times you won't even understand how messed up some people existances are until you start to look at existance as a whole. Then will you understand the difference between one simple reality and one very complex reality. Existantialism. Life as we know it will cease to exist. Alt-Enter.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: Why do people consider this "reality"? [Re: Droz]
    #2168797 - 12/08/03 11:00 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

wha?

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Why do people consider this "reality"? [Re: Positronius]
    #2180358 - 12/15/03 05:32 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

There are good reasons :smile:

OfflineDeviant
A Nobody

Loc: Somewheres
    #2180386 - 12/15/03 05:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Cartoon Nightmares -- you remind me of a friend I once had. Very intresting thoughts....
I wrote something for a class awhile back about dreams, touching on reality....Ill post it if i can find it

--------------------
"How doth the little crocodile improve his shining tail, and pour the waters of the Nile on every golden scale! How cheerfully he seems to grin, how neatly spreads his claws, and welcomes little fishes in With gently smiling jaws!"

OfflineDeviant
A Nobody

Loc: Somewheres
Re: Why do people consider this "reality"? [Re: Deviant]
    #2180400 - 12/15/03 05:49 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Ahh there it is. Its not really revalant to the subject, but heregoes:

When dreaming everything seems as if it flows, as if there is a purpose to it. While you are in a dream you might, but most of the time don't realize how random and non-linear the dream itself actually is. This brings up the question of consciousness. How do you know you are actually conscious right now? Maybe you are dreaming skipping around from one thought to the next, not even realizing that all your memories, everything you lived and know didn't really happen, just a split second in your mind. Could it be that its just a thought pattern in your brain telling you that this is life, that this is normal, that you must try to succeed in this world. Your alarm could go off at any minute, your whole world, your life could just disappear. You are literally creating your own reality. Time perception would be completely altered also, your whole existence as a human might have only been 5 minutes in a dream. When you finally do wake up you might not remember it at all. Have you ever tried to remember exactly what you were thinking in a dream? When dreaming, do you know how much time has passed, if everything happened in sequential order, or even remember anything about it? All the music you have heard, all the books you have read, everything you have learned, everything you have seen and heard, was all created by you.

--------------------
"How doth the little crocodile improve his shining tail, and pour the waters of the Nile on every golden scale! How cheerfully he seems to grin, how neatly spreads his claws, and welcomes little fishes in With gently smiling jaws!"

OfflineBhairabas
Stranger

Loc: Toronto Canada
    #2180682 - 12/15/03 07:38 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Everything is reality.. If you experienced it, it's reality and it doesn't get any realer than that..

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: Why do people consider this "reality"? [Re: Bhairabas]
    #2180731 - 12/15/03 07:54 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

something that comes to mind:
when we are dreaming its true that we dont notice the non sequential nonsense until we awake. why is that? if we have been living in a world of physical and rational laws since our birth, why is it that we are almost always completely oblivious to the craziness in our dreams until we awake? i think if it werent for the act of awakening we would never be able to differentiate between nonsense and reason. That is, when im dreaming that dream is completely real to me, until i wake up , at which point i realise that i must have been dreaming because NOW im awake. And yet to US personally, our dreams are as real, even more real as are wwaking life. The only real differancei s that the world of our dreams is a personal reality, not a concensus reality. If i dreamed that i was walking down the street outside my school and suddenly floated into the air, then to me that is real. The fact that no one else seems to believe it is irrelevant. After all the people are just characters in my dream anyways.

My point tho was that we might not be following this line of thought to its conclusion. THat is, if we cant tell that dreams arent 'real' until we wake up, doesnt it seem very likely that someday we will 'wake up' and wonder how we ever believed that thies craziness we call life was real? Maybe when we die, maybe when we drop acid, maybe wehn we experience spiritual euphoria, we will ' wake up' from this dream.

THis sounds ridiculous maybe, after all we know this is real dont we? after all this is the reality we always 'wake up' to after we wake up or come down or sober up. but then just think of how convinced you have been of the reality of your dreams and how rudely that can be shatterd in th instant of true awakening

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #2180744 - 12/15/03 07:58 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

because it persists

OfflineAmnesiac
Re-memberingcosmic wisdom

Loc: Unknown
    #2180769 - 12/15/03 08:05 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Why do people consider "this" reality?

Defining the "this" is a bit tough, but assuming that you mean people's perceptions of the world using their most basic senses and limited awareness... then people consider this "reality" because they are frightened and intimidated by the awe-striking mystery of this experience, that they make the very weak choice to build a perimiter around reality, according to how they percieve it, for the purpose of comfort. This makes people feel more in control, more secure, and more intelligent... all of these feelings are fool's illusions.

When we were taught in schools, and brought up by teachers, parents, clergymen and the media, we get the impression that these "All powerful adults" --who are running the world we live in -- have a pretty solid grasp on just what the hell this experience of life is all about.

We are led to believe that reality is no more than what can be percieved by the average person's underdeveloped and misused senses.

When you always develop your senses, including your lesser known extra-senses, your awareness of the MANY realities we are a part of begins to expand, revealing a seemingly endless continuum of realities.

Nobody should ever claim that they are fully aware of reality, yet, I'm often disappointed when I realize just how many people think that they are perceiving anywhere close to even a minute fraction of what constitutes "reality".

Admit your ignorance, accept it, deal with it, and expand your awareness as best you can, cause right now, you ain't perceivin' jack shit.

But you shroomerites already know all this anyway! :smile: Don't mind me, just talking to myself.

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2181245 - 12/15/03 10:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I think it has to deal with emotions and feeling. it would need different modes of input in order to "experience" any "new reality" like on mushrooms, my "reality is different" but I'm still in the same place. my location never changes here. Here I can try to grasp concepts and learn and such......

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #2181819 - 12/16/03 06:05 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Most people are not given so much as a glimpse of things 'sub specie aeternitatus'
[under the aspect of eternity]. To be able to contemplate anything in one's immediate surroundings, like a wood table, and to imagine the planks having been assembled, screwed and glued from a tree that grew for a hundred years or more, sprouted from a seed that was dropped from yet another tree, with all the details one can imaginatively muster....and be able to do this with every material object...and then imagine on a deeper level the origin of every object in one's immediate vicinity - simultaneously - might snap one into the cosmic perspective which relativizes this seemingly solid world of ours.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Why do people consider this "reality"? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2182599 - 12/16/03 01:17 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
To be able to contemplate anything in one's immediate surroundings, like a wood table, and to imagine the planks having been assembled, screwed and glued from a tree that grew for a hundred years or more, sprouted from a seed that was dropped from yet another tree, with all the details one can imaginatively muster....and be able to do this with every material object...and then imagine on a deeper level the origin of every object in one's immediate vicinity - simultaneously - might snap one into the cosmic perspective which relativizes this seemingly solid world of ours.

Ahh yes, this is fun to think about. I think it is important to stop blowing in our direction for a moment and contemplate where all these other streams of energy are going and have been, it really puts you in a different state of awareness.

On my last mushroom trip, I sort of realized that everything we think and do jumps around the one question about life, the one unanswerable thing. This, of course, makes a lot of sense, but who really thinks of this all the time?

This is the first time I have remembered, or at least thought about it since my trip, and I see now that it is probably an important thing to be aware of this absence and what it means...

We've all seen what ignorance does. People fear the unknown and they try to forget by preoccupying themselves with a bunch of shit. Thusly straying off from what it is all about in the first place.

I dunno, embrace this. Be aware every fucking second that we are alive. Things are so much fucking better when we do this.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies