Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
An accurate portrayal of Bush haters.
    #2155672 - 12/03/03 05:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Accurate and on point.

Quote:

Hating George Bush, and loving it

By Wesley Pruden

Hating is fun, but too much of it, like too much garlic, can ruin a romance.
Hating can ruin a politician's romance with voters, too. You could ask some of the Republicans who thought they could dispatch Bill Clinton to oblivion if only they hated him hard enough.
Now it's the Democrats who must heed this caution. Hating George W. Bush has become the squalid pastime of some of our Beautiful People. Some of them are gathering tonight at the Beverly Hilton in Hollywood at the invitation of Laurie David, wife of the man who created the television show "Seinfeld," for something called "Hate Bush 12/2 Event."
"This is the most important meeting you can attend to prevent the advancement of the current extremist right-wing agenda," Mzz David wrote. "Do not miss this meeting. This will be a high-level briefing to discuss the strategies ... to affect what happens next November."
The Drudge Report, which obtained a copy of the invitation, lists the names of a dozen of the glitteries invited to come together to share the hate. Harold Ickes, who was Bill Clinton's deputy chief of staff and director of the 1996 Clinton-Gore re-election campaign, and Ellen Malcolm, founder of Emily's List, the feminist political-action committee, will preside. A rousing good time is expected to be had by all.
But you don't have to go to Hollywood to join the orgy. Internet sites are abuzz with hate. One of them keeps a "body count" of all the folk George W. and his family have put on ice over the years. Too bad that Owney Madden and Lucky Luciano, Frank Costello and Joey Gallo are still dead. They could take notes. Only last week the airwaves were awash with the hot scoop that it was Lyndon Johnson who presided over the Kennedy assassination, but one particular Internet site tells us no, the evildoing knave of Dallas was really George H.W. Bush, who also did in Hale Boggs, the Louisiana congressman who was a skeptical member of the Warren Commission. Mr. Boggs died when his plane crashed in the Alaskan wilderness and was never found. Now it turns out that the elder Mr. Bush arranged the plane crash. (Maybe Barbara loosened the spark plugs.) Nobody can arrange a plane crash with the speed and efficiency of this dynamic duo. The elder Bush is blamed for the crash that took the life of the wife of Howard Hunt, one of the Watergate burglars, because she had "information." George W. arranged the crash that killed Gov. Mel Carnahan of Missouri in the last days of his 2000 challenge of John Ashcroft. It's not clear how this helped George W., since the ghost of the governor won and his wife took Mr. Ashcroft's seat in the U.S. Senate. George W. gets around. He is said to have started the great anthrax scare when he sprinkled germs onto the desk of the photographic editor of the National Enquirer because he didn't like a photograph of his daughter published in the Enquirer. Elvis is a prisoner in the Bush basement in Kennebunkport.
Internet conspiracy theories are always convoluted if not necessarily imaginative, and usually make sense only to the spinners. But some of the hate-Bush movement thrives in more or less respectable quarters. The New Republic published a cover story by someone identified as "Jonathan Chait" (perhaps a nom-de-plume for someone who didn't want his real name associated with the piece), who wrote that he hates not only what George W. does, but the way he walks and talks and even hates what everybody else likes about the personable president.
Much of the mainstream coverage of the president's dash to Baghdad to have dinner with his troops reflects similar elementary-school hatred. Dana Milbank, who dabbles in Bush hatred for The Washington Post, sneered that "while the troops cheered the moment, it is too soon to know whether the image of Bush in his Army jacket ... will become a symbol of strong leadership or a symbol of unwarranted bravado." He resurrected Sidney Blumenthal, who was a White House lady-in-waiting to Hillary Clinton, to suggest that even the "image" of the president landing at night, without running lights and the cabin windows shuttered, was a mark of something approaching cowardice.
The hatred will darken and fester as the situation in Iraq improves, as it will, and as the economy pops and crackles to life, as it has begun to do. Only yesterday the Democrats thought such gods as they believe in were smiling on them, with Americans dying in Iraq and out of work at home. Now their laughter is dying in tears, while the rest of us cheer.

Link

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: An accurate portrayal of Bush haters. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2155684 - 12/03/03 05:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

blah, blah, blah...

These articles are so skewed.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #2155687 - 12/03/03 05:06 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

When the majority of the world dislikes a specific countries leader it's usually for a good reason...unfortunately, the people that actually live in said country are usually too blind to see why.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Edited by Rono (12/03/03 05:07 PM)

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
    #2155728 - 12/03/03 05:16 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Only yesterday the Democrats thought such gods as they believe in were smiling on them, with Americans dying in Iraq and out of work at home. Now their laughter is dying in tears, while the rest of us cheer.

*claps*

--------------------
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #2155746 - 12/03/03 05:21 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

hahaha, using wacky "internet conspiracy theories" to paint everyone opposed to Bush.. can we say "straw man"?

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: An accurate portrayal of Bush haters. [Re: infidelGOD]
    #2155748 - 12/03/03 05:22 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

and he has the gall to call it an "accurate" portrayal of Bush haters :lol:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: An accurate portrayal of Bush haters. [Re: infidelGOD]
    #2155884 - 12/03/03 05:57 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

infidelGOD said:
and he has the gall to call it an "accurate" portrayal of Bush haters :lol:

Gall??? No, just call them as I see them.

So many so quick to assume each and every Bush rumor is true. So many so quick to whine when a repub does something yet so amazingly quiet when a dem does the same thing.

It's laughable.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #2155907 - 12/03/03 06:02 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Gall??? No, just call them as I see them. 

...not gall...poor vision. :smirk:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2156066 - 12/03/03 06:54 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

So you think it's accurate to say that most Bush-haters believe that Bush caused Mel Carnahan's plane crash, or that Bush Sr. assassinated JFK?  Keep up the good work.  These articles you post are hilarious. :thumbup:

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Anonymous

#2156087 - 12/03/03 07:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Pretty worthless article, it really has no point to it whatsoever if you didn't notice.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: An accurate portrayal of Bush haters. [Re: ]
    #2156105 - 12/03/03 07:08 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Fiend said:
Pretty worthless article, it really has no point to it whatsoever if you didn't notice.

Actually, you may not like the point, yet it's there just the same.

And it acheived what I had hoped.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2156181 - 12/03/03 07:44 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

That article was so pointless and stupid that it inspired me to look for a left-leaning article of the same pointlessness and stupidity. It was hard to do, and this was the closest to it that I could find:

http://fp.enter.net/~haney/wrp112103.htm

George W. Bush Loves Michael Jackson
By: William Rivers Pitt - 11/21/03

A number of explosions tore through the British consulate in Turkey today, killing scores of people. George W. Bush is in England, surrounded on all sides by enraged British citizens whose massive protests have required nearly every police officer in London to be put on the line of defense.

This is happening in a nation that has been, both in government and among the populace, one of the strongest allies America has ever known. There are a couple of wars happening in Iraq and Afghanistan, neither of which are going very well. A great many soldiers and civilians have died in the last year. Osama bin Laden is still on the loose, and after nearly 750 days, the American people have still been given no explanation for why September 11 happened.

It is 3:16 p.m. on Thursday afternoon as I write this. CNN has been covering, with total exclusivity, a parking lot outside a police station for the last hour. They covered an airplane landing. They covered the same airplane sitting still on the tarmac. They covered the airplane slowly moving into a hangar. All the while, talking head after talking head explored every conceivable facet of the parking lot, the plane, the tarmac, and the hangar, as well as a variety of parallel issues. No stone of data was left unturned.

Why? Michael Jackson is about to surrender to police.

In the last two years, CNN has not devoted this much energy and coverage to any story in the manner that is unfolding right now. Enron, the stock market, the reasons for September 11, the nomination of Henry Kissinger to chair the investigation into that event, the disinformation that was pushed by the Bush administration before the attack on Iraq, the civilian casualties during the attack on Iraq, the American troop casualties during and after the attack on Iraq, the missing weapons of mass destruction, the missing Osama bin Laden, the war in Afghanistan that is far from over, the outing of a CIA agent by the Bush administration in an act of political revenge, and about two hundred other explosive stories did not get the attention that Michael Jackson is getting now.

One talking head just said, "I'm waiting for a white Bronco to pull up."

The other talking heads laughed and kept on going. A detailed discussion progressed about the tail numbers on Michael Jackson's plane, along with questions about how all this will affect Jackson's fans. We're approaching the two-hour mark in the coverage.

For a while we had the Petersons to obsess the mainstream television media. Then we had Kobe Bryant, and for a bit both stories ran concurrently with 'Breaking News' announcements throughout daily coverage. Neither managed to seize national attention, and so periodically CNN and the other networks were forced to mention that the fighting in Iraq is getting a lot of Americans killed, the promised weapons of mass destruction have not been found, and no one but Dick Cheney can say that Iraq was involved in September 11 without looking like a total blithering idiot.

And then, like a surgically enhanced cavalry charge, Michael Jackson blasts to the forefront to rescue the mainstream media from perhaps being required to cover matters of substance. The ability for these talking heads to natter on for weeks and weeks about Jackson, previous charges against him, his musical history, his personal oddities, his baby-dangling antics, and "Oh my goodness, what do we tell the children?" is pretty much bottomless, but we will spend the next several weeks, again, racing to that bottom as quickly as television signals can travel through a coaxial cable.

A black Bronco just left the airplane hangar, and is driving slowly, slowly to the police station. CNN is on it. CNN is all over it.

One of the shots on my television an hour ago showed a gaggle of reporters and cameras gathered outside the police station, waiting for Jackson to arrive. The talking head working the microphone at that moment mistakenly called those people "journalists." This is not journalism, and those people are not journalists. This is entertainment television passed off as news of import. This is more poison poured into our national discussion. This is the grand bull moose gold medal winning distraction of all time.

George W. Bush should send Michael Jackson flowers and a thank-you note, and send more flowers to CNN. The Republican Party effected an historic takeover of Congress in 1994, during a time when the only television coverage one could find focused on OJ Simpson. The timing was exquisite.

We're right back, today, to that marvelous chapter in American journalism history.

TV news viewers who think they are getting the hard truth from the mainstream media just forgot Bush exists, forgot the hundreds of thousands of protesters who have dogged his state visit to Britain, forgot the attacks in Iraq, forgot the dead soldiers, forgot September 11, forgot everything except a mutant in a Bronco who lives in a place called Neverland.

They just showed Jackson in handcuffs. The talking heads almost fainted. God bless America.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: An accurate portrayal of Bush haters. [Re: silversoul7]
    #2156198 - 12/03/03 07:55 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Anybody but MJ.  :nut:

--------------------

OfflineGernBlanston
unintended sideeffect

Loc: In my pants
Re: An accurate portrayal of Bush haters. [Re: Azmodeus]
    #2156777 - 12/03/03 11:23 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Azmodeus said:
blah, blah, blah...

These articles are so skewed.

lmao. I'm reading the article, and acutally saying outloud "blah, blah, blah..." - Then I scroll down and see Az with the first response. Ahh.. great minds and all that.

--------------------
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.
  --  Howard Zinn

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: An accurate portrayal of Bush haters. [Re: GernBlanston]
    #2157212 - 12/04/03 02:12 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

luvdemshrooms: "And it acheived what I had hoped."

could you possibly get more pretentious?>

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: An accurate portrayal of Bush haters. [Re: Positronius]
    #2157379 - 12/04/03 05:08 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Positronius said:
luvdemshrooms: "And it acheived what I had hoped."

could you possibly get more pretentious?>

Nothing pretentious about laughter.

You obviously need to re-read the definition for the word.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2157411 - 12/04/03 06:34 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Pffffffft, who are you, Daniel Webster's great great great grandson?

Pfffffffft.

Pfffft pffffffffffffft... pft

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft.

--------------------

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: An accurate portrayal of Bush haters. [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2157431 - 12/04/03 07:09 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

luvdemshrooms :"Nothing pretentious about laughter.

You obviously need to re-read the definition for the word."

Who is laughing? you? go ahead, laugh at your own banal jokes, see if it gets you anywhere.

Your comments are pretentious in the most average and dull sense of the word, you know, the type of pretentious one would find drinking Budweiser at the local pub in Buttfuck, North Dakato.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2157441 - 12/04/03 07:29 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Gracious me! Not Budweiser! At a pub even!

Well! I never!

/faints

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2157641 - 12/04/03 10:25 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

yet another example of thinly veiled insults
masquerading as an attempt at political
discourse...

In the last two years, CNN has not devoted
this much energy and coverage to any story
in the manner that is unfolding right now. Enron,
the stock market, the reasons for September 11,
the nomination of Henry Kissinger to chair the
investigation into that event, the disinformation
that was pushed by the Bush administration before
the attack on Iraq, the civilian casualties during the
attack on Iraq, the American troop casualties during
and after the attack on Iraq, the missing weapons
of mass destruction, the missing Osama bin Laden,
the war in Afghanistan that is far from over, the
outing of a CIA agent by the Bush administration in
an act of political revenge, and about two hundred
other explosive stories did not get the attention that
Michael Jackson is getting now.

now what were we saying about that liberal media again?

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion