Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
Showing proper respect when approaching a powerplant.
    #2114535 - 11/17/03 02:41 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

IMHO>

The number one reason I can find why people never get anything from their trips of TRUE value, is because they are not showing the proper respect. If someone is tripping for real reasons like knowledge or healing then they will produce results. If someone is tripping for pleasure, sex or to be able to drink longer, then nothing seen will be of any value do to the disrespect shown. I have not been at this forum long, a day or so. The few posts I have read disgusted me. EDIT: "in the sense that disrespect was shown. I could care less what people do. THis is a suggestion only. I am not condeming anyone for their actions. I have been guilty of the same thing. Until I showed the respect due Nothing special happened EDIT": Abeit, some were in OTD. Like one guys post had to do with how he took mescaline at a rave then took 3 chicks home for an orgy. And the name of the thread was "how much have you eaten". This is exactly what I'm talking about. Raving will get you knowhere. Sex on enthogens will only make you have a better orgasm you will not have a vision of truth. But to truly meet with a powerplant's personality you must show the utmost respect. This includes fasting the day the powerplant is ingested. A minimal diet of natural substances. Praying to the powerplant for truth and knowledge. If the powerplant is shown the utmost respect a vision of truth will be given. Treat the powerplant like you would treat your grandmother. Not like you would treat a whore.

Medicinebag

EDIT:

Just so there is no confusion for current/new readers, I do not have anything against raving, or partying or dancing or anything like that. This is a suggestion if one is willing to respect the spirit the spirit will contact you. That spirit is not the mushroom or psilocybin. Psilocybin is the vehicle that lauches you to where the spirit is. Not all the crap Swami has stated when he cuts up my quotes to prove his point. Which I think is that He doesn't believe in spirits or anything supernatural. So be it. That is his decision. I have asked him repeatedly not to change my words around to prove some psudo-clever remark. I hope that his remarks havn't ruined this thread. Peace.

Edited by medicinebag (11/18/03 03:45 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Showing proper respect when approaching a powerplant. [Re: medicinebag]
    #2114738 - 11/17/03 03:29 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

take them not to get high, but to transcend (sp?)

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: Showing proper respect when approaching a powerplant. [Re: kaiowas]
    #2118151 - 11/17/03 08:10 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"Like one guys post had to do with how he took mescaline at a rave then took 3 chicks home for an orgy."

Sex? wow, that is disgusting! Obviously having a "vision of truth" has not stopped you from being petty enough to post a condesending message on the internet. If you take shrooms to get high, you take shrooms to get high. If you have some kind of spritual belief regaurding drugs, then its much more likley that thats what you will get out of the experience. Why do you care how other people use drugs? Obviously they are happy with their (most likley fabricated) life of orgies and raves....

Anonymous

#2118337 - 11/17/03 09:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"Showing proper respect when approaching a powerplant... Praying to the powerplant for truth and knowledge. If the powerplant is shown the upmost respect a vision of truth will be given."

*bows in display of immeasurable reverence...*

:grin:

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

#2118400 - 11/17/03 09:19 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

medicinebag said:
IMHO>

Raving will get you knowhere.  Sex on enthogens will only make you have a better orgasm you will not have a vision of truth. 

Although I agree with everything else, I have to say that I've had valuable experiences doing both those activities :grin:  Maybe not on the level of 5 dried grams in silent darkness while doing yoga meditating and focusing my chi into a healing psy ball :eek: :tongue2:... but i've had wonderful, memorable, life changing experiences.  I've only felt truly free dancing alone, and at a rave.  And according to some people, dancing is what we're meant to do.  And making love on mushrooms, for me, was hardly about achieving a better orgasm (yes, it was wonderful, but for pure physical pleasure, marijuana is better, imho.)  boundary dissolution on a physical, spititual, and mental level occurs with love making and entheogens.  cmon its great!

--------------------

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: Showing proper respect when approaching a powerplant. [Re: ]
    #2118404 - 11/17/03 09:20 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

:lol: :lol: 

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2118451 - 11/17/03 09:39 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Praying to the powerplant for truth and knowledge.
Why? It is not the "spirit" of the plant, but a chemical affecting your brain. Maria Sabina could tell NO difference in synthetic psilocybin from a formerly live fungus.

If the powerplant is shown the upmost respect a vision of truth will be given.
One's trip will be no different if you spit on and curse the fungus and then crush them under your heel first. (This has been demonstrated in a "Swami Double-Blind Mushroom Respect Test").

Treat the powerplant like you would treat your grandmother.
Play tricks on her cuz she has Alzheimer's and it is fun to confuse her?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Anonymous

Re: Showing proper respect when approaching a powerplant. [Re: Swami]
    #2118455 - 11/17/03 09:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i think he's just talking about having the right outlook towards the whole experience...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2118465 - 11/17/03 09:47 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i think he's just talking about having the right outlook towards the whole experience...

Then why not say so? I do not have to fast, meditate on my intentions, make offerenings to the four compass points and sprinkle tobacco when I visit my dear old granny...

--------------------

Anonymous

#2118485 - 11/17/03 09:54 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

haha. well i think it's important to have the right mental set when you're getting ready for a trip, and i do think that people who take their tripping seriously have a more constructive experience than those who just trip for kicks.

IMO though, what happens after the trip is really more important than what happens before it. any 'insights' and whatnot that one may experience while bemushroomed are pretty useless if they're not integrated in some way into a persons life afterwards.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2118528 - 11/17/03 10:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

True 'nuff.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2118540 - 11/17/03 10:22 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Not like you would treat a whore.

All people are children of God and each deserves love and understanding. A person who judges another by their vocation has yet to learn any real spiritual truth.

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2119042 - 11/18/03 03:42 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

swami....you are awsome! you have such a way with words, that not only make a valid point, but lace it with scarcastic humor as well...i love it

anyway, sometimes i like to trip just for the hell of it, just to check out all the cool visuals, awsome body buzz, and chill with my friends....is that so wrong? must i enter every trip looking for deep insight? i mean, i do enjoy this aspect of tripping, but sometimes its just too much...

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Re: Showing proper respect when approaching a powerplant. [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2119183 - 11/18/03 07:26 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Swami,

When Maria Sabina took the pills from Wassons hands. She treated those pills as if they were the mushroom. She passed them through Copal smoke cleanse them. Then she prayed to them and the saints as if she was praying to the mushroom. That argument doesn't fly with me. She treated those pills exactly like she treated the mushroom. WITH THE UTMOST RESPECT> later.

Medicinebag

Edited by medicinebag (11/18/03 01:15 PM)

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
    #2119285 - 11/18/03 08:28 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Domite,

I am not being condascending. I am stating that if the medicine is treated with the upmost respect then the experience changes from just simple euphoria, colors dancing by and geometric shapes, to a true experience in cosmic conscousness. Apparently, sex on enthogens is why some take them. Too bad, they will never see anything of true value while having sex and tripping. You will only dwell in the lower levels or reality and never transend to the upper attainable levels of reality. If you don't believe me read the Book of the Dead. The Tibetans have been asked many times by Master Trippers about what they have seen. They said, "that most only dwell in the lower levels of reality or Bardo. but one can go much father than that, but only after they have died." I have died many times. While taking the medicine. I didn't approach death and then back out and it not happen. No I left my body, turned around and saw it behind me and that is when the magic really happens.

Medicinebag

Edited by medicinebag (11/18/03 08:51 AM)

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
    #2119295 - 11/18/03 08:34 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Swami,

When you conducted your disrespectful double blind test, what kind of experiences did those that participated have? I bet the experiences were not different then the experiences that they had tripping any other time. WHY> Because they never showed the medicine the respect in the first place. And for you to call the medicine out like that makes me believe that those that did show "respect", or at least their version of it, had the same exact experiences as if they had not shown respect. Is this correct. So you think because of your "test" that that proves it. Well the medicine cann't be played with like that. It is the same as the devil trying to temp jesus to use his powers to make bread appear when he was starving in the desert. YOU CAN'T TEMP THE MEDICINE. like that. No more than you can temp me to appear in your living room.

Medicinebag

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
    #2119308 - 11/18/03 08:44 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Noviseer,

When I meant Raves I meant Parties. Not dancing. Yes, dancing is a way to free yourself. I am refering to a place where people get drunk and take allot of different drugs, not medicine. A rave is not a cerimony in the sense that I describe a cerimony. A rave is made up of allot of people with different intentions. They did not all go their for enlightenment. Some just to party. And at the rave there is not just one powerplant being ingested. a multitude. So it is not a cerimony in the sense that all that participate are there for a common goal. Before I offend anymore Ravers Ill stop there. Nothing against dancing. I was refering to Partying. Later. Peace.

Medicinebag

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
    #2119332 - 11/18/03 08:57 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks Mushmaster and Kaiowas,

Its good to know some respect power.

I appologize Swami. But, I don't like playing the game where you right down what I or anyone else for that matter, says in BOLD> then you put down your two cents under that. Is that your goal to debunk anything you can't put in a test tube? I am sorry. The medicine can be made synthetically but the power inside the medicine can not be made to appear at your whim. Good day.

Medicinebag

Edited by medicinebag (11/18/03 08:59 AM)

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
    #2119339 - 11/18/03 09:01 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Swami,

I hope that you were being sarcastic when refering to your own grandmother. If not. That is sad.

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
    #2119344 - 11/18/03 09:03 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Also Swami,

When I refer to a Whore, I meant the way a person treats a whore. not the whore her/himself. Yes that person is a person. But what I was saying is the way some treat the medicine. LIKE A WHORE> Showing disrespect like someone shows a whore when slapping them in the face.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale