Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Making Miracles Happen [Re: castaway]
    #1638786 - 06/17/03 01:38 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Would faith-healing in a controled setting be within your parameters?

Such a test would have several requirements:

1. A large enough sample size to rule out statistical anomoly.

2. All results must be published. (Sounds obvious, but many such tests are flawed by ONLY presenting positive results and not negative results!)

3. The type of illness and subsequent healing must be medically documented before and after.

4. The affliction MUST be specific and the results must be objective; not "Hey, I felt bad, now I feel better!"

5. Process must be monitored by both believers & skeptics.

And probably more. I would be interested in hearing your specific proposal.

An imperfect and uncontrolled test on shroomery members would be fine as a first pass to see if seemingly positive results warranted further investigation, but the results would NOT be accepted as any sort of evidence of faith-healing until a controlled test was done.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKenny Bus
The enlightend

Loc: ontario
    #1639229 - 06/17/03 08:36 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

if everyone followed his teachings and survived it would no longer be a maricle

--------------------
KB

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: Making Miracles Happen [Re: Swami]
    #1639282 - 06/17/03 09:11 AM (20 years, 8 months ago)

Re: Swami

I'm working on it

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: * many personalizations deleted* [Re: Swami]
    #2072809 - 11/05/03 10:02 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

"* many personalizations deleted*
We are supposed to discuss topics, not individuals. This is Shroomery policy. Try again."

"If Swami WANTS to hold on to his safe little world then that is his reality."-

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be be-littleing...but "safe" in being known with not much chance of major surprises, and "little" in being contained by a known universe, leaving no room for another.

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: Specific Proposal [Re: Swami]
    #2076047 - 11/06/03 02:43 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Here's the deal:

Randi chooses two cases for his own verification,
you get two for yours, and I get four (charity beginning at home 'n all)

I don't know if there will ever be another occurrence, so we're dealing with the good-faith, honesty and sense of fair-play of all concerned.

Should everything work out to everyone's satisfaction, then I would propose the following:
The principle amount to be held by the Randi - MacClaine - & Shroomery Foundation for Spiritual Studies, with yourself as executive director, and the interest to be used to fund various projects.

EVERYONE WHO REGISTERS before 6am Eastern, Saturday nov 8 '03, on the Registery thread in the Spirituality section of:

http://www.shirleymaclaine.com/encounterboard/freethreads.pl

(of which I am one) to share equally in the dispersal of this years interest of the principal and will receive a frameable certificate of participation with raised stamp of authenticity ( with other anti-forgery devices to be worked out by yourself)

ps: I'll ask the management of Shirleymaclaine.com to waive the registration fee requirement ( in the Spirit of things) but I can't promise they will.

-------------------------------------------------
Consider the future to be an array of possibilities...of which those of us participating in Harmonic Concordance have our prefference...with others maybe intent on some other prefference.

Which possibility of a future would YOU prefer to share this time next week?

all I'm asking for is your help

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Specific Proposal [Re: castaway]
    #2076154 - 11/06/03 04:32 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Why is this thread dug up and continuing? :frown: Let's let it die, in tribute to our lost Swami.... :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2084696 - 11/08/03 05:28 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

In the interest of symbolism, I would touch the lips of those we are concerned about with a finger dipped in water.
Any source is ok but natural is preferable I think,...I have found the wide-mouth bottles like Gatorade and Pepsi to make fine collection vessels for natural water.

My preference is that the figure 2 would be variable, and that we will be free to follow our conscience with experimentation.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2084716 - 11/08/03 05:36 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

What is this thread doing on the surface again? Let it die.. let it die... let it fucking die....
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2084956 - 11/08/03 07:24 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

The best I got was a 'Smiley-Face'...No thunder-claps...But then...If we go by Shirley-time...8:30pm Eastern doesn't actualy happen untill it's equivolent at 12pm Eastern?...@ 5:30 am your time...if I'm not mistaken?

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2085964 - 11/09/03 04:03 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Re: "Variable"...

...'Arbitrary' was the word I was looking for

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
    #2113291 - 11/16/03 09:42 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

lolololololololololol,

OH my,

Why are all of you so afraid of "death" for. Do you not realize that this world or existence is "hell". We are at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to "Perfect" worlds. What im saying is that I can't wait until it's time for me to leave this existence and go to my next home. Apparently, none of yall have "died" yet. may I suggest the next time you trip to increase your dose Tenfold. And also, If you are tripping just to drink longer at the bar or for only euphoric reasons then you will learn nothing from your trip. Except, how pretty the colors are.

Medicinbag

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
Re: Medicinbag [Re: medicinebag]
    #2113485 - 11/16/03 10:13 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I percieve death to be isolation, either by popular demand or self-induced.

I don't percieve this world to be the bottom of the barrell.

Indifference is equivalent to self-negation or self-isolation imo.

You can laugh, and ridicule, and call us afraid, and give un-realistic advice as to doses, but your demeanor only impresses me with the feeling that you have absolutely no idea about what you are talking about.

But hang around anyway, maybe I'll learn something from you.

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Re: Medicinbag [Re: castaway]
    #2113657 - 11/16/03 10:52 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

My most sincere apologies if that last post offended you, castaway or anyones else for that matter. Self isolation if you chose will be available for you when your time or anyone elses time comes. Yes I do believe I know exactly what I am talking about when I state that one should try to raise their doses higher. This is not unrealistic at all. You have to push the envelope to see whats out there. A couple of grams on the weekend with friends will not show you anything important. Most are scared of the unknown. To find the unknown one has to be strong and not afraid to go farther each time they leave their "house". To leave your body and "See" what else is out there takes a very high dose and a strong will to return. Most will never try this suggestion out of fear of "dying". There is nothing to fear. You just move from one "home" to another. If you,castaway, choose isolation then that will be your choice. And I do belive this existence is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the infinate other existences I have witnessed whilst out of my body via a large dose of psilocybin.

Medicinebag

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2114025 - 11/17/03 12:28 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

" Is the dreamer dreaming the dream? or the dream the dreamer."

"And I do belive this existence is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to the infinate other existences I have witnessed whilst out of my body via a large dose of psilocybin."-

I don't think it is possible to witness infinity in the past tense...and perhaps the infinate other existences you witnessed were no more than dreams...self-delusion...escapism.

I think the attainable benefits of any spiritual quest, with or without entheogens, will effect our PRESENT existence in a positive way.

Improving our state of Happiness in the Present, from moment to moment, is the goal I think... not putting Happiness off as something over the rainbow, in a future, a distant galaxy, or something only to be found after we are departed.

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
    #2114385 - 11/17/03 02:09 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Castaway,

What? Do you use the medicine at all? Some abuse the medicine when partying. They never see anything of value. I know the difference between a halucination of no value and an Insight into the truth. You do not want to know the truth as of yet. This is only a speculation. Take it anyway you choose. I witnessed what I witnessed. Past,present and future. I don't wish to get into a debate over grammar. Or over what I witnessed. It was revealed to me as a reward for work accomplished. Maybe one day if you show the medicine the upmost respect you too will be rewarded with a vision of truth. Peace.

Medicinebag

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
    #2114432 - 11/17/03 02:19 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I am throughly happy in this state or any other state I happen to be in. One time I was kinda lonely in Texas but I met someone so I was't lonely anymore.LOL.

I never meant to suggest that my thrill about leaving this existence for a more perfect one meant that I was unhappy. I meant that this existence is "hell" if such a place exists. Try to prove to me otherwise that we are not living in hell and I will show you how we are. This world is the worst it gets when it comes to planes of our existence.

Medicinebag

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2114836 - 11/17/03 03:55 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

From my own experience...from my perspective...I would imagine life as a worm, or minnow to be worse...or are we just categorizing hell.

Rather than prove our existence in hell or it's equivalent, perhaps you could appraise me of the qualities that make up the superiority of those infinite other places you claim to be familiar with

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
    #2116017 - 11/17/03 11:00 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Instead, Castaway, why don't you go there yourself and see what I have seen. Then you would not ask such mundane question. I could explain away and it would not matter. Until you witness such things you can not understand them through language. Later.

And if you feel that your life is that of a worm of minnow, I wish the best for you when your time comes. Hopefully, you won't be reincarnated as a fish. LOL>

Reincarnation is what happens when you "go to hell" for living a life of negative Karma. When you live a positive life then you can go on to the next levels.

Medicinebag

Offlinecastaway
Isanybodyreallyhome?
Male User Gallery
    #2116323 - 11/17/03 12:05 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I'm sorry but in my opinion you're making all kind of claims without even trying to back them up with any substatiative arguments at all...except to take 10 times a dose, which is unrealistic from my point of view, but then my experience IS very limited, and they DO say 'anything is possible...BUT...there's no-way I'm taking 50 grams.

The weather is gorgeous here in central fla; Howz it in your neck of the woods?

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
    #2117204 - 11/17/03 03:38 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Castataway,

So far my short experience here at the Shroomery has been negative.

I keep wondering why there are so many people on this site and so far almost everyone that has replied to any my posts appear to me as if they don't really understand what tripping is all about. Knowledge.

I did not come here to argue I came here to discuss what I have seen with others. Apparently, this site is made up of SKEPTICS> How can a site devoted to mushrooms have so many skeptics to other peoples visions while communing with the medicine? Do you debunk your own visions? If so then stop tripping right now. The medicine has nothing to offer to a skeptic.
Here is another example. I was reading a post about a father who wanted to have a coming of age ritual for his daughter. I feel the same way. He was totally ridiculed for even suggestion the thought of this act. As if he was some kind of crazy cult member. I don't know how long I will remain here. It kinda feels like OVERGROW. with all of the flaming and childish behavior.

So far I have only seen people try to DEBUNK any ones posts that have to do with the supernatural. Swami for example. His whole thread on Why did shamanism fail is a prime example. My suggestions of upping the dosage might open some of their eyes to the truth. IF you have already been taking five grams at a time, then whats the problem? Double the dose then the first time the double it the next time. Don't be afraid. Psilocybin can not kill you physically. Psychologically Psilocybin will kill you, your ego or personality. Have you shown the medicine proper respect or did you just hang out in your house and watch a movie waiting for something special to happen? Tripping is real. It is not some fake hallucination. For some they don't understand what they see because they did not approach the medicine with respect. Therefore, there trips are worhtless.

Rainy.

Medicinebag

Edited by medicinebag (11/17/03 03:42 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order