Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinetastyshroom
Mr.Shroom
Male

Loc: Washington
Christian Shroomers
    #1916987 - 09/14/03 11:13 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

What is your point of veiw of shrooms. What do you use them for. I use them to understand more and learn new things. Also i believe it tests my walk with god. I beleive i enter the spirit world and shows me what side im on..good or evil. I believe gor or his helpful angels talk to me and tell me things of life.giving me knowledge or insight.

--------------------
Perspective on life always changes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: Christian Shroomers [Re: tastyshroom]
    #1916997 - 09/14/03 11:18 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

arent christians against drugs?

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Christian Shroomers [Re: SHiZNO]
    #1917020 - 09/14/03 11:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Not necessarily. Rastafarianism is a sect of Christianity, I believe.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlinetastyshroom
Mr.Shroom
Male

Loc: Washington
    #1917021 - 09/14/03 11:27 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

shrooms arnt drugs to me

--------------------
Perspective on life always changes

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#1917066 - 09/14/03 11:39 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Actually, Christians arent just one person.. so, like all groups of people.. black, white, hispanic, etc.. they all hold personal beliefs.

Rastas are indeed a sect of Christianity and they cite 3 key verses as to actual sheparding of marijuana use.

In anycase, as a Christian, I use mushrooms in moderation and usually in low doses now a days to enhance experiences with nature and relationships.

I do not, repeat, do NOT.. use mushrooms just to get all fucked up. They are a powerful tool and we should all use them wisely.

--------------------

OfflineMalachi
stereotype

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
Re: Christian Shroomers [Re: PsiloKitten]
    #1917176 - 09/15/03 12:14 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

umm... could someone explain to me why all these "radical" christians feel the need to still identify themselves as "christians"? what's the deal with that? is it like a teddy bear / bottle type thing?

--------------------
The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Christian Shroomers [Re: Malachi]
    #1917240 - 09/15/03 12:48 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Umm, could you explain to me why you have such hatred in you? Is it a defensive mechanism / fear initiative?

I'm a Christian... um, I believe in Christ.. I believe that we were washed in his blood....um, I dont really know what you you are looking for here.

But honestly Malachi, all joking aside. I do pray for you. That you will somehow find peace within yourself and as a part of humanity and stop feeling the constant need to belittle everyone. Find your faith, your spirituality. It doesnt have to be Christianity, but it must be a really shitty world through your eyes with your current spiritual outlook. You do it in this forum, you do it in the Political forum. I think you may be suffering from BB burnout and need to take a little time out. Or go smell some daisies or play with some children or something. Your attitude is really a bummer.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1917405 - 09/15/03 03:26 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I am a semi-christian. Its hard to explain it because I for one can't it explain it to myself yet. :smirk:

I believe in one God. I believe in the trinity. I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe you can be forgiven for you sins and enter heaven.

So, I guess I am a christian still. :smile:  I take shrooms for curiousity.  I also use them as a tools to better ones self worth. My self esteem has gone up and my place in this world has become more clear.  I did shrooms at first to get away for reality(getting fucked up).  Instead the mushroom has givin me the confidence to face the future.  I know someday I will stop all substance usage.  I will use the knowledge I have gained to live a fuller life with God in my heart. :smile:

that is the most christian I have ever sounded in the past year. :smile: I like it. :smile:

peace

zerohero

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Christian Shroomers [Re: Malachi]
    #1917441 - 09/15/03 04:36 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Malachi said:
umm... could someone explain to me why all these "radical" christians feel the need to still identify themselves as "christians"?  what's the deal with that?  is it like a teddy bear / bottle type thing? 

I think it is because they want to challenge you into not holding a general idea of what a Christian is... :grin: Each person is different, man, each person can take the same message and see a million different things in it.
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinejoeshitragpicker
Home Sweet Home

Loc: Atlanta Flag
    #1917444 - 09/15/03 04:42 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Kitten, I failed to see how he was attacking or belittling you/your interpretation of "God".

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1917446 - 09/15/03 04:44 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlinethe universe
Harbinger ofEldritch Despair
Male

Loc: Under your bed
Re: Christian Shroomers [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1917449 - 09/15/03 04:45 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think the problem here is a common one.  Labels.  If you label yourself a christian there are a lot of things people will automatically think about.  The same with any label.  Like, "druggie".  That's a label most people have given to them instead of taking themselves, but some do.  Druggies are pretty much loadie's that will do anything to get them fucked up.  Obviously that's not true, because look at us druggies. :smile:
What I'm saying is that labeling yourself into a specific spiritual class is helpful in communicating your basic beliefs, yet is ulitmately inacurate.

--------------------
"If you had a million years to do it in, you couldn't rub out even half the 'Fuck you' signs in the world."- J. D. Salinger

OfflineRhizoid
carbon unit
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: Christian Shroomers [Re: silversoul7]
    #1917499 - 09/15/03 05:58 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Not necessarily. Rastafarianism is a sect of Christianity, I believe.

And the woman who revealed the secret of magic mushrooms to the world, Maria Sabina, was a Christian. Just like many of her fellow Mazatecs.

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

Re: Christian Shroomers [Re: joeshitragpicker]
    #1917503 - 09/15/03 06:02 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

joe, then maybe you should look at malachi's ratings or perhaps his recent posts.

--------------------

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1917574 - 09/15/03 07:30 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

albert hofmann is a christian
so is huston smith
and so is mike young (well, a unitarian pastor :wink: ...)
carl jung was a christian
& so was alan watts (for a while, anyways)
~
it's a wide, wide world out there, folks, and not everyone who is a follower of the way is a clone of jerry fallingwell or ernestly angsley, mmmmkay?
~
check out www.csp.org or www.psychedelic-library.org or www.erowid.org or www.thefane.org for a few possible links or info about this, that, & the other...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA
    #1917587 - 09/15/03 07:43 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I am a psychedelic baptist :smile:

Using psychedelics for exploration of one's self and for a higher connection/communication with God. I do have a personal relationship with Jesus. I just see the church has slowly lost its roots. 

OfflineFunguy
Homo SapiensEntheogenous
Male User Gallery

Loc: Muffy
Re: Christian Shroomers [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #1917772 - 09/15/03 09:57 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

My mom and I have discussions about stuff like this. I have thoroughly discussed what I believe and why I believe it to her. Now she has come to understand my entheogen usage. However, I while I'll never lie about using said plants, I do not openly discuss my beliefs. While most Christians have biased beliefs about drugs, some have actually had drug problems. While I applaude these people who have been able to overcome their problems with the help of Christ, they should also remember that not everybody has the same problems. It's either in 1 or 2 Timothy that says, "Everything that God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving." But we must not take this out of context.

--------------------

OTD UNDERDOGS

Is attention your retarded heroin?

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Christian Shroomers [Re: the universe]
    #1917777 - 09/15/03 10:00 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

the universe said:
What I'm saying is that labeling yourself into a specific spiritual class is helpful in communicating your basic beliefs, yet is ulitmately inacurate.

Exactly. Of course, this applies to any generalization of the sort, a point that some people need to realize.... ahem.
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Christian Shroomers [Re: Funguy]
    #1917789 - 09/15/03 10:05 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Funguy said:
While I applaude these people who have been able to overcome their problems with the help of Christ, they should also remember that not everybody has the same problems.

Now, did Christ help them overcome their addictions, or did the strength from believing in some sort of Lord who can help us overcome our problems help cure the addiction?

For the people who are not really capable of seeing the world and the power of their thoughts for it is, the belief in something such as Christ is a good thing for them. Someone can find the strength and determination to overcome life's obstacles by themselves, or they can put their faith in belief in something that also gives them that strength and determination.. the thing to remember that this is also their own doing, not some supernatural force..
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineJhadAgainstReality
the only thinglonger than myname is my penis

Loc: england
Re: Christian Shroomers [Re: fireworks_god]
    #1918136 - 09/15/03 12:49 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

im a christian, and i love shrooms. actually i love pot more, shrooms would be a close second.
i use shrooms and pot to enjoy and help myself appreciate the beauty of this wonderful planet God has created for us, to bask in the wonder of existence and everything about life, and to just have fun appreciating the wonderful plants and funguses (i know its fungi but funguses sounds better) that God has placed on this planet for our use.

--------------------
"Listen Bush, i dont have any weapons. are you listening asshole? i dont have any fucking weapons! whats your problem, you fucking prick? Do you, like, WANT to go to war or something?! hey! whats all that laughter? whats so fucking funny?! Bush? BUSH! *click* Hello? HELLO?"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract