Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Re: Marijuana frying my chakras? [Re: Icelander]
    #18595648 -

"Whoever has come to know the world has discovered a carcass, and whoever has discovered a carcass, of that person the world is not worthy."

-From the greatest American who ever lived...Jesus Christ-

(The campaign lol)


--------------------
Icelander said: I'd like to fund unlimited abortions. Finally some good coming from my tax dollars.

Repetoire89 said: I love abortion and fully condone it - some should make it into a sport.

Treesniper119 said: Any one who is willing to start life & also willing to deny life to their form/seed/child/offspring is cursed.
For you have severed your own cord to lifes worth.
Anyone who condones these actions is cursed as well...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana frying my chakras? [Re: treesniper119]
    #18595681 -

I'm the kinda guy that likes to get high.

As I stare into the clouds,
and watch the sky goes by,
I can't help but wonder why,
it's such a crime,

To smoke a bud of kind.

You know the kind I mean,
it comes in shades of green!
It eases my mind and helps pass time,
while slowly closing my eyes,

Blinding me to the havok and chaos of life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana frying my chakras? [Re: teknix]
    #18595724 -

Beautiful. did you just spontaneously write that?


--------------------
Icelander said: I'd like to fund unlimited abortions. Finally some good coming from my tax dollars.

Repetoire89 said: I love abortion and fully condone it - some should make it into a sport.

Treesniper119 said: Any one who is willing to start life & also willing to deny life to their form/seed/child/offspring is cursed.
For you have severed your own cord to lifes worth.
Anyone who condones these actions is cursed as well...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana frying my chakras? [Re: treesniper119]
    #18595963 -

Thanks, I wrote it quite a while ago. But at the time I wrote it, it was being spontaneously written .

:cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana frying my chakras? [Re: teknix]
    #18595989 -

Very nice :thumbup:


--------------------
Icelander said: I'd like to fund unlimited abortions. Finally some good coming from my tax dollars.

Repetoire89 said: I love abortion and fully condone it - some should make it into a sport.

Treesniper119 said: Any one who is willing to start life & also willing to deny life to their form/seed/child/offspring is cursed.
For you have severed your own cord to lifes worth.
Anyone who condones these actions is cursed as well...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana frying my chakras? [Re: Icelander]
    #18597483 -

Icelander said:
johnm214 said:
MarkostheGnostic said:
I wrote a 222 page dissertation on chakras 30 years ago



:haha:



That would be boring to read.



Boring you say? How droll. :lol: Doubtful you could get through it. That's OK, most of the doctoral committee didn't get through it, but they granted me the degree anyway.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana frying my chakras? [Re: teknix]
    #18597505 -

teknix said:
MarkostheGnostic said:
I wrote a 222 page dissertation on chakras 30 years ago, and believe me, I've never come upon a rare condition of frying chakras with cannabis or anything else. :shrug:  In the first place, chakra phenomena is like a rainbow. A rainbow does not exist independently as a 'thing.' The subjective factor is integral to even perceiving a rainbow.  Chakras may refer to centers of nerve ganglia on the physical plane, and to foci of specific motive forces of the psychic plane (my thesis), and to centers of experience on the subtle body or astral plane, or to aspects of transcendental identity on the causal plane - at least according to classic Yoga.



Do you know who first correlated chakras to ganglia/organs?



K.T. Behanan did scientific work on this at Yale in the 1930s. I don't think he was the first historically to associate subtle physiology with anatomical physiology. :shrug:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000855VYC/ref=tmm_hrd_used_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1374556967&sr=8-3-fkmr1


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana frying my chakras? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #18597516 -

MarkostheGnostic said:
Boring you say? How droll. :lol: Doubtful you could get through it. That's OK, most of the doctoral committee didn't get through it, but they granted me the degree anyway.



I'd gladly read it.  I could see why you'd retire before being forced to become a middle school teacher, but FWIW I think you'd be an awesome college professor.


--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana frying my chakras? [Re: teknix]
    #18597540 -

teknix said:
johnm214 said:
MarkostheGnostic said:
I wrote a 222 page dissertation on chakras 30 years ago



:haha:



That would be cool to read.



Maybe you could read it to Icelander. :smile: I wrote it to be re-published but I gave up after Sam Weiser and Llewlyn Books turned it down for being "to scholarly" for their audience. :shrug: I did get royalties for 5 whole copies - paper and microfiche. Long-ass name. It was six words, but the committee made me lengthen it to typical dissertation style: A Phenomenological Adaptation of the Tibetan Buddhist Doctrine of Psychic Centers to a Metatheoretical Hierarchy of Human Motivation.  :lecture:


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana frying my chakras? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #18597590 -

MarkostheGnostic said:
teknix said:
johnm214 said:
MarkostheGnostic said:
I wrote a 222 page dissertation on chakras 30 years ago



:haha:



That would be cool to read.



Maybe you could read it to Icelander. :smile: I wrote it to be re-published but I gave up after Sam Weiser and Llewlyn Books turned it down for being "to scholarly" for their audience. :shrug: I did get royalties for 5 whole copies - paper and microfiche. Long-ass name. It was six words, but the committee made me lengthen it to typical dissertation style: A Phenomenological Adaptation of the Tibetan Buddhist Doctrine of Psychic Centers to a Metatheoretical Hierarchy of Human Motivation.  :lecture:



You're on the internet my man, think outside the box ----eBook.  Maybe this is how you can make some money without alerting the middle school gestapo.  I'll be your first customer.


--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana frying my chakras? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #18598230 -

MarkostheGnostic said:
teknix said:
MarkostheGnostic said:
I wrote a 222 page dissertation on chakras 30 years ago, and believe me, I've never come upon a rare condition of frying chakras with cannabis or anything else. :shrug:  In the first place, chakra phenomena is like a rainbow. A rainbow does not exist independently as a 'thing.' The subjective factor is integral to even perceiving a rainbow.  Chakras may refer to centers of nerve ganglia on the physical plane, and to foci of specific motive forces of the psychic plane (my thesis), and to centers of experience on the subtle body or astral plane, or to aspects of transcendental identity on the causal plane - at least according to classic Yoga.



Do you know who first correlated chakras to ganglia/organs?



K.T. Behanan did scientific work on this at Yale in the 1930s. I don't think he was the first historically to associate subtle physiology with anatomical physiology. :shrug:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000855VYC/ref=tmm_hrd_used_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1374556967&sr=8-3-fkmr1





Well I know the same points have been correlated through Microcosmic orbit / Taoist internal alchemy / Qi Qong (chi kung) and I was thinking that was probably long before the 1930's. Maybe I can find some of his work in an academic database.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana frying my chakras? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #18598240 -

MarkostheGnostic said:
teknix said:
johnm214 said:
MarkostheGnostic said:
I wrote a 222 page dissertation on chakras 30 years ago



:haha:



That would be cool to read.



Maybe you could read it to Icelander. :smile: I wrote it to be re-published but I gave up after Sam Weiser and Llewlyn Books turned it down for being "to scholarly" for their audience. :shrug: I did get royalties for 5 whole copies - paper and microfiche. Long-ass name. It was six words, but the committee made me lengthen it to typical dissertation style: A Phenomenological Adaptation of the Tibetan Buddhist Doctrine of Psychic Centers to a Metatheoretical Hierarchy of Human Motivation.  :lecture:



HAHA, Likely story!

I think it is too bad it has to be labeled as metatheory when some of the phenomena seems objectively measureable. It's like there is this giant brick wall preventing science from reconsidering what exactly qualifies as empirical.

Let me know if you ever get it into e-format!

I'm curious if you think that there are somethings that you would change it your writing  after 30  years of life to reflect upon it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Marijuana frying my chakras? [Re: teknix]
    #18599446 -

I'm curious if you think that there are somethings that you would change it your writing  after 30  years of life to reflect upon it?

Instead of a statistical dissertation, I was permitted to do a historical narrative. This paper established why I was using the Vajrayana chakra system as taught by Lama Govinda over similar Hindu, Taoist, Hopi, or Qabalistic systems. Then I illustrated the 'shepherd's crook' pathways of 'ascent towards unification' and 'descent towards realization.' Each chakra-motivation was described by Freud, Adler, Jung, Frankl, and Maslow on the ascent, Rogers and a synthesis on the descent. From Heart to Heart. Each chapter after the intro was a phenomenological description a personality dominated by each chakra-motive. The motives were described as being invariant features but the different degree of each motive in a person is what accounts for our individuality. It is analogous to an infinitude of different snowflakes, each constructed of the same invariant water molecule.

It was essentially descriptive, and not very predictive or immediately useful as a diagnostic tool. I said nothing about psychedelically "occasioned" trans-personal experiences except briefly with regard to the Brain Center and Maslow's work. But to answer your question, I could not improve on what I wrote. It seems I was smarter back then. :lol: I might expand the practicality aspect in terms of a map for where we are 'coming from,' but, practically speaking, I have realized that people who are 'doing well' in the sexual or power domains don't want to transcend those highly addictive domains. A lawyer, for example, making a lot of money (Manipura personality) through legal but questionably ethical practices will not want to transcend his personality structure to become more ethical (Anahata personality) if he will reduce his income (power). Neither is the 'player' willing to stop manipulating, lying, seducing behaviors. Such would require an awakening of compassion. This is what being 'born again' means in a Christian sense - a radical shift from the lower centers to the Heart Center in terms of motivation that governs the motives of the lower centers. For such uprootings to occur, an individual requires an experience so radical that it shakes his ego-identity to its roots, consequently initiating a questioning of one's motive for living and seeking more (Visshuda personality). One needs to be ejected from the box of one's assumptions like a Jack-in-the-box.


--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Poll: Take the Chakra Test: Are you in Balance or Not?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
ShroomDoom 13,276 134 03/10/09 05:03 PM
by Platinum
* Chakras? Do they exist?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 15 16 )
RoseM 17,593 307 02/04/10 10:57 AM
by Icelander
* The Chakras... Anonymous 1,857 10 12/11/01 01:47 PM
by Anonymous
* Chakras Rahz 1,119 14 03/29/16 03:12 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* How to find a chakra
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Rahz 5,298 68 11/15/07 12:52 AM
by Kinematics
* Ok..So I'm ready to read up on chakras...
( 1 2 all )
World Spirit 5,040 33 07/29/02 06:04 PM
by MarkostheGnostic
* When Chakras go out of whack ShroomismM 1,252 9 09/22/03 05:17 AM
by spudamore
* Marijuana and spirtuality
( 1 2 all )
capliberty 2,906 24 07/10/06 03:54 PM
by capliberty

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
4,141 topic views. 1 members, 1 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 17 queries.