Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Ok..So I'm ready to read up on chakras... [Re: Sclorch]
    #784030 - 07/29/02 01:24 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I found this on rectal attunement... it's for re-aligning the colonic (ass) chakra.

Sorry, but I have to say this...You're an idiot.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Ok..So I'm ready to read up on chakras... [Re: Zahid]
    #784047 - 07/29/02 01:33 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry, but I have to say this...

You have no free will?!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Ok..So I'm ready to read up on chakras... [Re: Swami]
    #784056 - 07/29/02 01:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You have no free will?!

Heh, let me rephrase that, you are also an idiot.[.

--------------------

Edited by Zahid (07/29/02 01:39 PM)

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Ok..So I'm ready to read up on chakras... [Re: Zahid]
    #784067 - 07/29/02 01:45 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

you are also an idiot

Please teach me how to become as spiritual and loving as you.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinejonnyshaggs420
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Mid-West
Re: Ok..So I'm ready to read up on chakras... [Re: Swami]
    #784076 - 07/29/02 01:52 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

You must drink the urine of seven virgins and the blood of a newborn goat!

--------------------
Vote Jonnyshaggs in the next election for GOD...Its the responsible choice

Anonymous

Re: Ok..So I'm ready to read up on chakras... [Re: jonnyshaggs420]
    #784081 - 07/29/02 01:56 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

LOL...

InvisiblePeaceful_Nomad
On the Path ofthe Feather
 User Gallery

Loc: Sometimes Kansas - Maybe ...
Re: Ok..So I'm ready to read up on chakras... [Re: World Spirit]
    #784093 - 07/29/02 02:03 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Enter...

Thanks for the reply. To answer your questions, I used to have a web site, but
no longer. Had to trim the budget and the website was one of the costs eliminated.
The links below are effective in explaining Reiki and the different types of Reiki
practiced.

I have been a Level II practitioner for over 10 years, and have found Reiki to be
a beneficial tool in my life. However, I have discovered you do not need to pursue
Reiki in order to become attuned to (or more aware of) the Universal Energy Field
in which all life manifests, and use your innate abilities to harness said energy
for healing purposes.

I practice the Traditional Usui Reiki and find the history of Mikao Usui to be
interesting, to say the least. Reiki does not require the practitioner to follow
a specific religion, faith or dogma in order to practice.

I was EXTREMELY skeptical at first, but Reiki worked for me in many ways, alleviating my skepticism over the years. However, Reiki does not replace my deep set faith, and my faith is an intregal part of practicing Reiki (power of prayer).

If you are interested in Reiki, I encourage you to seek out a Reiki Practitioner and
schedule a session. I have had countless first time Reiki recipients enter with much
doubt and leave totally flabbergasted with the results. It still amazes me to this day.

Dr. Mikao Usui

The International Center for Reiki Training

The Reiki Page

Reiki 4 All

Hope the info helps.

Peace to Everyone

Peaceful Nomad

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ok..So I'm ready to read up on chakras... [Re: Peaceful_Nomad]
    #784281 - 07/29/02 03:38 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Deleted by admin

Anonymous

#784339 - 07/29/02 04:09 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Enter, I don't have much time to make a lengthy reply.. but you can check out the section of chakras on my webpage here
I haven't updated it in a while, but it covers the main aspects of the chakras based on my knowledge of them.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Ok..So I'm ready to read up on chakras... [Re: ]
    #784442 - 07/29/02 04:50 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #784506 - 07/29/02 05:19 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It is praiseworthy that you have created a website to expound Mysteries of Mind and Spirit. Pranams to you. I feel compelled to comment here because these Mysteries are central to my own development as a human being.

I recognize your first drawing as taken directly from Lama Govinda's 'Foundations of Tibetan Mysticism,' in which he COMPARES Kundalini Yoga to Tibetan Buddhist Yoga of the Inner Fire. I recognized the drawing because I was in written communication with Lama Govinda over my Doctoral dissertation which was based on his book. Now, I realize that the Buddhist system is very difficult to follow, but it completes a spiritual process that Hindu Yoga does not address - the Descent Towards Realization that follows the goal of Hindu Yoga, which is The Ascent towards Unification. The OM, which represents the finite self merging with the Infinite Atman, is followed by the 'coming down' or 'incarnation' of Infinity, from the Crown Center, through the Throat center [of Knowledge-Holding deities] into the Heart center in Buddhist Yoga. So, the beginning of the Great mantra of Tibetan Buddhism, is OM. OM MANI PADMA HUM - The Absolute is a Jewel in the Lotus of the Heart. Infinitude comes to indwell finitude - a process that completes the finite merging into the Infinite. One 'comes down' and lives after peak expeiences, unless one leaves the body in death. This looks phenomenologically like the event described in Christian Pentacost, when 'tongues' of fire sat upon the crowns of the disciples of Christ, descended to the Throat center whereby they spoke in 'tongues,' and they became ecstatic (as if drunk on new wine, as their Heart Centers were filled with Transpersonal, Transcendent Awareness). of course, if your source was not Lama Govinda's book (published in 1960), then the illustration was lifted directly from it.

The Buddhist Yoga NEVER discusses the Kundalini-Shakti, a creative energy. Rather, the feminine aspect of the duality is Prajna - Wisdom, which comes to embrace the masculine Compassion, as in the Yab-Yum statues depicting cosmic sexual union. The Bell and Dorje - Wisdom and Compassion - represent the dual nature of Reality, in Union, rather than Shakti and Shiva - dynamism and stasis. Each rung of the Tibetan dorje represents one of the 5 chakras in Tibetan Buddhism (the 2 Head centers, and the 2 lowest centers are combined. The Root Center represents the realm of 'smad; the Heart center represents the realm 'bar,' and the Throat and head centers represent 'stod.' They are Earth, Human and Heaven realms respectively.

I HIGHLY recommend that that anyone wanting to learn the most of chakra development above the physiological, astral and occult Shakti model, and into vessels for the differing facets of Wisdom, to study Lama Govinda's book. Not to discourage anyone, but I've studied this book since 1973, and I continue to learn. It is very, very rich and deep; imparting profound depths of understanding that can be applied to Christian faith as well.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Anonymous

Re: Ok..So I'm ready to read up on chakras... [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #784641 - 07/29/02 06:21 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Wow thank you Markos... praise from you I am honored.

The picture was indeed from Foundations of Tibetan Mysticism. I like your description of the buddhist system of energy flow through the chakras. What of the lower three chakras below the Heart Center? I would be interested to hear your take on the flow of spiritual energy through the complete system into ground and return.

Lama Govinda's book is indeed a most excellent one. I am going to have to take it out of the archives. /me blows off the dust.

I have found myself repeating the mantra OM NAMA SHIVA mentally for weeks now, yet I have no clue as to its meaning. Perhaps you could enlighten me?

OfflineCatalysis
EtherealEngineer

#784856 - 07/29/02 07:55 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

It is my personal belief that chakras deal with the mind-body coordination that is inherant in the structure of the human brain. For instance, im sure everyone has heard the stories of amputees that can still feel thier limbs after they are gone. This is analogous to the "energy" that flows through the body. It is your mental picture of the body, but it is more than just a picture. The brain is structured to recieve impulses from various parts of the body and process them in certain ways. It is also no coincidence that several chakras occur at nerve-dense areas of the body, not to mention psychologically important areas such as the heart, genitals, and throat. Now that i have given my scientific explination, i must also say that i work on controlling my body's "energy" through meditation and other methods and i believe it to be very benificial.

--------------------
:egyptian:

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
    #784875 - 07/29/02 08:04 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

"Thanks" is more than sufficient. OM NAMA SHIVAYA means, 'To Shiva, I bow.' You might remember from the film 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom,' that the 'Thugees' (a 19th century cult of Kali worshippers who used to behead and dismember victims of robbery; and from whom we get the word 'thug') had stolen the Shiva-Lingam, along with all the children from a village. They showed a sacrifice scene in which the victim who was being sacrificed to Kali was chanting this as he was lowered into the volcanic pit to be burnt alive. Shiva, you probably know, is a 3rd part of the Hindu Trinity of Brahma-Vishnu-Shiva, the Creator-Preserver-Destroyer [of ignorance]. Shiva is represented by the immobile meditating Yogi.

The path of 'gTummo,' or Inner Fire is both a psychophysical experience like the Kundalini, but ALSO it is a metaphor for a spiritual path which begins in our instinctual life (Root Center); is brought to the beginning of psychic life (at the Navel Center) by a kind of bellows breath and a visualization of the seed syllable 'A' which fills the Navel Center, descends again to the Root Center, before being forced by visualization into the Sushumna. It then climbs back up through the centers, culminating at the Brain Center, and unites with the seed syllable 'HAM.' The sound 'AHAM' means 'ego' in Sanskrit. Cosmic identity is established in the White-Light experience of Unification (OM); and then the energy Descends Towards Realization as I described, creating the Diamond Body (Jewel in the Lotus of the Heart). Overflow energy continues down to the Root Center and even out through the feet into the Earth. 'The Bliss of Inner Fire' by Lama Thubten Yeshe offers how-to instructions in this practice. Lama Govinda once said that he never realized the fullness of what he was practicing until he took LSD. These practices can and perhaps should go together for Westerners who are not in Lamaist training. HOWEVER...the most important thing, assuming one does have a Unitive experience at the Crown - from 'downflowing' Transpersonal Energy (Holy Spirit), as in the Hopi 'chakra' tradition, or in Christianity (as epitomized by Pentacost)...and that is the indwelling of the Infinite in the finite. This is the Incarnation of Christ in Jesus - the Infinite God in the finite human - OM in HUM. The 'A' or 'AH' at the Root Center gets transposed to the Throat Center and becomes the vehical for Primordial Sound - the Word -Mantric Speech - and the plane of Knowledge-Holding [Gnosis] deities. After the Enlightenment experience, the 3 upper Centers have as their seed syllables: OM-AH-HUM, and become the vehical for the Mysteries of Body-Speech-Mind [Enlightened Mind resides in the Heart Center, not the Brain Center]. Amoghasiddhi, Buddha with right palm facing outward in the gesture of fearlessness - Compassion in Action, becomes the Way.
Whew! A little overboard, but a synopsis of a lot of difficult diagrams and reading. Please 'save' this if interested

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order