Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
The Holy Book
    #1784480 - 08/06/03 11:15 AM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Whoa, never in my life had i come across other intelectual people that felt the way i felt or understood what i understood. People say ignorence is bliss, and in alot of ways it is. I became very intrested in Phylosphy and The Bible early on in my life, and unlike the people around me picked up reading and drug experimintation. And it seems like the more i would learn the Lonelier and isolated i felt from the rest of the close minded world, pretty much untill now. When i came in contacl with other shroomers, who share my level of inteligence. I belive as humans we try to imitate the Gods spoke about in Genesis, the ones that put us here, that could control the weather, (Greenhouse effect?) that could live for ever (Its in research by our scientist) and that had a free connection to a spiritual world yet didnt want us to know the things they knew (Forbidden tree??)

Our modern science seems to do nothing but try to emulate them, yet im the only one that sees this and im constanly called crazy. Because 90% of the world belives what they were told by the people who belived where they were told, so in a human race where lies and confusion are so common, why are people living and dyin for these beliefs??? All of our wars had connection to religion. So the root of all our misery is the closed minded brain we are raised to have, i grew up a Christian home and constantly read the bible, and belive all relgion started with Psycadelic drugs, and The fist Chapters of the book of Genesis is the first signgs of anti-drug/anti-freedom propaganda. I know someone out has to understand Human history, religion and reality as a whole as i understand it, I so needed to get all these feelings out, But how could people not know that what they consider the holy book was written under the influence? and that its only a fraction of all the stuff written? I cant live my life based on a book that was written when people seriously belived that the Earth was flat and above us was heaven and under us was hell.

Yet the Bible is very insightfull to me and i constantly read it because everytime i do i see more truth. But people say im crazy because i tell them that the Gods lied to us when they said we would die if we touched the forbidden tree(Im protective about my stash but damn)?? Or when i let them know that id the Gods where perfect beings why did they regeret "creating" us when they supposly flooded the Earth? I so had to get these things off my chest to see if anyone out there sees through intellectual eyes.....

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: The Holy Book [Re: Spokesman]
    #1784859 - 08/06/03 02:00 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

Welcome.

Beware the inviting grip of elitism.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
Re: The Holy Book [Re: Sclorch]
    #1785883 - 08/06/03 07:08 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

That's because humans back then used their imagination to imagine neat things that they weren't able to do, such as live longer, being stronger, controlling the weather so they wouldn't freeze or die of thirst or so their plants could be watered.  They dreamed of being able to turn things in their favor.
Today we humans are still interested in those things, because we are still interested in turning things to our favor.  Who wouldn't want to have the option of making things and life in general easier for themselves (apart from an, I'd say, probably small segment of the population)?
Wars were/are connected to religion because, as someone much smarter than me once said, religion is the opiate of the masses.  Not only for the masses, but for all people, including political leaders throughout history.  Also pride and wanting to take over other's land and resources were the cause of many wars.  All these are, are things that people cared enough about to commit their lives and the lives of their citizens to.

I see it as all part of the falliable human condition.  We are all humans afterall, and, barring influence from extraterrestrials (or God/gods), have developed on our own.  I only hope we're able to pull ourselves out of this self-destructive spiral we've seem to have gotten ourselves into.  Kind of funny though, I'd usually agree with you that there is something there.  In fact you may be right.  It's just that I've been playing devil's advocate with myself lately and thought I'd do the same to you :smile:  Unfortunately, we don't really have any way to learn about what really happened (barring some kind of metaphysical method) in the past, so we are kind of stuck until the end, unless somehow more information leaks out.  Or until we are smart enough to put all the pieces together.

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

Edited by neutralizer (08/06/03 07:12 PM)

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: The Holy Book [Re: neutralizer]
    #1786333 - 08/06/03 09:30 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Exactly we will never know, but so many people are so closed minded they belive the Bible literaly, word for word, When i tey to express my ideas they say im not suposse to question it, that just sounds like a totalitarian goverments answer to an unjust law, Foe example i read a part of the bible where it says that the supernatural beings from heaven saw the daughters of the human men were attractive, so they came down and had intercorse with them,they must have been biological, (in the flesh, like us ( after all they said, They are created like us) and the women had Giant babies, who where great musicians, entertainers, ect. (i'll try to get the quote later) so i tell them, If they were spiritual beings that made us, how could they breed with us or even have intercourse?? At this point everyone moves away from me and sais "this guy's going to hell dude" lol, Im i the only one that think we migrated here and that the beings called "Gods"( its proven that the real translation of the Hebrew word they used is plural) WHere merely just highly intelctual beings who came to keep their species alive in this planet much like we are planning to do in Mars???? I belived they possibly wanted a perfect sociaty where noone questioned authorities, and the plan would be spoiled by using any drugs that provoke deep thought, hence the "forbidden fruit.

I agree noone will ever know, but its fun discuss this open minded, they are so little of us left you know.

--------------------

Edited by Spokesman (08/06/03 09:32 PM)

Offlineneutralizer
Spiritual beinghaving a Humanexperience
Loc: This Planet Earth
    #1786400 - 08/06/03 09:51 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Hell yeah, I'm with you man, I totally agree with you on that point about the majority of people not questioning things because it is what they are trained to do.

I have no idea where we came from, though if I had to pick an explanation I hope it'd have something to do with other non-human intelligent life coming from other places. I'm almost to the point where I don't see how it could be otherwise. I'm a cynical person and I can see what you mean about aliens wanting to suppress us like that. But what would we do in such a society? Be slaves to aliens? What would we do for them that technology couldn't do for them?

--------------------
There are things known, and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors - Morrison

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1786866 - 08/07/03 12:54 AM (14 years, 17 days ago)

evolution's a pretty sweet theory

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#1788897 - 08/07/03 04:32 PM (14 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

neutralizer said:
Hell yeah, I'm with you man, I totally agree with you on that point about the majority of people not questioning things because it is what they are trained to do.

I have no idea where we came from, though if I had to pick an explanation I hope it'd have something to do with other non-human intelligent life coming from other places. I'm almost to the point where I don't see how it could be otherwise. I'm a cynical person and I can see what you mean about aliens wanting to suppress us like that. But what would we do in such a society? Be slaves to aliens? What would we do for them that technology couldn't do for them?

Well, in the bible the "Creation" is in the exact process that scientist today have to colonize Mars, if u look at the order. I also read in a book that some of the translations to the hebrew words used to describe men in the Genesis, ment workers, The Bible says that God put man in the Garden of Eden to cultivate the land, in other words, we might have just been created to be farmers, For example, it says there was no rain, that water rose from the ground, (SPRINKLERS!??) Thats untill men ate the fruit and bacme like gods. wich would probably be the reason we are so "technology" driven now,...

let me know what u think

--------------------

OfflineChevelle
Stranger
    #1789154 - 08/07/03 05:51 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Spokesman wrote:
I cant live my life based on a book that was written when people seriously belived that the Earth was flat and above us was heaven and under us was hell.
FYI: they didn't think the Earth was flat..and...there is no evidence in the Bible to prove at all there is a Hell..interesting. The term the bible uses for hell is sheol, which translated means.."the common grave of man." The Bible also doesn't state that if we are bad, we burn for all eternity, nor does it say if we are good, we go prance around in the clouds.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Re: The Holy Book [Re: Chevelle]
    #1789179 - 08/07/03 05:58 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Actualy its says Abraham looked down from Gods left boosm (im serious) down to someguy( sorry, i do smoke weed you know, I read but remembering names isnt one of my talents) who was in the "underworld". I know unless i give the exact book and verse i really cant prove anything but i am currently searching, i swear to GOD!..............

--------------------

OfflineChevelle
Stranger
    #1789185 - 08/07/03 06:00 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Those Giant babies you refer to, were called the "nephilem". Back in the beginning (genesis) Angels were allowed to come back and forth to Earth as they pleased..and your right, these certain angels thought the Earth chics were Hot and had sex, creating these might bings..nephilem...the nephilem however were REALLY bad...(From god's point of view) and thats why he decided to have the flood, cause these nephilem guys were corrupting everything.
Do you really think that when Adam and Eve ate that forbidden fruit they became like Gods? If that was the case, I think we might be running things a hell of alot smoother than we are now.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#1789201 - 08/07/03 06:05 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

umm, ok, compare working in a graden naked, to being able to go to the moon and back and explore out of space dude, Just because they said we would become like them it doesent mean where where then able to create worlds right away, more like we were able to think like them, able to develope our own technology, thats what i mean by not taking everything literaly

And it must be mest up to come home and find your wife cheating on you with an angel.....

--------------------

Edited by Spokesman (08/07/03 06:07 PM)

OfflineChevelle
Stranger
    #1789218 - 08/07/03 06:11 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Actually, I totally agree with you there...but then there's this other thought, man was created perfect...or so I believe..based on my bible knowledge...so, don't you think we might be getting further away from perfection..(or becoming god-like) as the many of thousands of years pass? Thus making us less Godly? Think of things like the stonehenge or pyramids...they may look old and worn down, but I believe since they were closer to perfection , that we can't grasp their technolgy becasue it was more advanced....am i making sense?? lol...

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#1789240 - 08/07/03 06:18 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

yes, alot but, to assuming that people with advanced technology that came to colonize this planet because either lost theirs to their own technology or just got plain bored, are perfect, is just beliving what these primitive men thought, i mean if they though human girls were hot and had sex wit them, the their perfectness doesent reflect on their ability to control their hormones. the stonehedge and the pyramids were created when mushrooms where a part of religion, study the Myans, who sniffed, ate, smoked far beyond us, and based their religion on us, now drugs are illegal, so we might be getting further from that.

--------------------

Edited by Spokesman (08/07/03 06:20 PM)

OfflineChevelle
Stranger
    #1789260 - 08/07/03 06:25 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

dude....you are making me think way too much.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

#1789285 - 08/07/03 06:30 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

lol, maybe thats why i exist.

--------------------

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Loc: It's all in your head...
    #1789295 - 08/07/03 06:32 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Chevelle sounds like she has some experience with Jehovah's Witnesses.

Do you consider the manuscripts that compile the "Bible" to be the word of God or religeous mythology?

OfflineChevelle
Stranger
Re: The Holy Book [Re: MindTrap]
    #1789308 - 08/07/03 06:36 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Mindtrap..is that what your going to do? Mindtrap me? lol...not that hard to do...I beleive that the bible is based on a series of books written by men that were inspired from God. so yah..the word of God...not mythological whatsoever.

Offlinemerlink
IntergalacticTraveler

#1789311 - 08/07/03 06:37 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

"Once you have an experience, you experience it for the rest of your life ? as time is a man-made relativity, expiration of experience is a thought."

Our minds have limited themselves throughout the years.. in the beginning, thought was free flowing.. then people began to see the consequences of free flowing thought... People who didn't enclose their thought in a self-created box existed in a state without relativity.. people with weak minds who existed in this state didn't act socially acceptable, that's why insanity was given negative connotation.. it was a scary thought...deep unrestrained thought seemed dangerous and became a taboo.... strong minds were able to continue to participate, and they were able to exist in both realities without losing themselves? Those who were able to exist in a state of duality, both inside and outside of the box, quickly took control over the world ? creating religion and government?the rationalized answer to the thought of question and life.
While those who were weak in mind quickly created their boxes in which to exist, fearing that they?re minds would run away otherwise.
Thoughts aren?t original anymore.. ?new? ideas are simply compounded thoughts ? it?s just a growing complexity. As the complexity of thought grows, our minds evolve.. Some people try to navigate the webs of thought, while others become stuck in the complexity, at which point, their minds subconsciously give up reasoning ? hence, the sheep of society? Reality is the sum of thought and the manifestation of ideas?. Thought is catalytic to itself.. I?ve thought so deep and hard about all of this that I?m to point of who/what sparked our thought?"

A little bit off topic, but it has some correlation..

-Merlin :smile:

--------------------
"Once you have an experience, you experience it for the rest of your life ? as time is a man-made relativity, expiration of experience is a thought." - Merlin

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Re: The Holy Book [Re: merlink]
    #1789336 - 08/07/03 06:43 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

Nah, it's just a handle.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

OfflineMindTrap
Disembodiedvoice
Re: The Holy Book [Re: MindTrap]
    #1789342 - 08/07/03 06:45 PM (14 years, 16 days ago)

"books written by men that were inspired from God."

I'm glad you said that because I would agree with you. This being the case I don't believe it would be healthy to take the words of men so literally even if they are inspired of God.

There have been many wise men that have walked the earth. Jesus was but one.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Portable Greenhouse

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology