Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Joining the Military?
    #15341000 -

So i had an intense epiphany a couple weeks ago, and realized I am going to apply for the Canadian Armed Forces.

I am wondering, anyone ever applied? What did you apply for? Did you make it in?

If you are/have been in Canadian Forces, what was basic training like, what are the job/career opportunities like besides basic Infantry or Armour..

What is the potential of getting these other jobs/trainings/careers?
but the local reserves couldn't(or just didnt) really tell me anything, besides that I would most likely have to be infantry or armour for a couple years first, before I could progress to another position.. (awr... :frown: )

And even if you arent a part of the Canadian Forces, share your input, what do you think about the Military, etc..?

Whats says you? :o


--------------------
Why did the chicken cross the road?
To get to the other side.

"Adapt.
Adjust.
Accommodate."

"Professional help is being thought." - Bill Hicks

It would be hilarious... if it wasn't so sad...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Joining the Military? [Re: FunkMasterShroom]
    #15341015 -

What makes you so intent on joining?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Joining the Military? [Re: FunkMasterShroom] * 1
    #15341018 -

It's just like X-box, but you die.


--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Joining the Military? [Re: Heffy]
    #15341022 -

Well if you get a job as say...a combat engineer or heavy machinery operator or computer specialist that'll give you solid careers experience in civilian life.


--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Joining the Military? [Re: abltsandwich]
    #15341039 -

I am joining the Navy reserve for college benefits. They pay you a monthly... I think 300 dollars and they also pay 40% of your tuition. That is a deal if you ask me! With the reserve one year of college will only cost me around 5,000 dollars. That is great.

I would like to hopefully find a job in the Navy that relates to one of my majors. That way I can gain something more from the entire experience.

Plus it looks sparkling on your resume.

I have been literally fighting my way into the Navy for 1 year. 1 year!!! At first I was having problems with a misdemeanor and I finally got around that. Now I am having problems getting all the proper paperwork together for an eye waiver since I had Lasik eye surgery. Just a week ago I finally got all the paper work and hopefully soon I will be good to swear in!

For me its college, life experience, and resume. I am and I want to make myself known as an upstanding citizen.

The 3 big ones..

Volunteer firefighting
Masters Degree
Navy
etc..

Regardless of getting hired somewhere I am taking an active role in my country and finding out first hand what its all about.


--------------------
TRUMP 2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Joining the Military? [Re: XUL]
    #15341071 -

.

Edited by PreparationH (11/09/11 01:11 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Joining the Military? [Re: PreparationH]
    #15341086 -

PreparationH said:
I too want to serve in the armed services.  I am an American and am set on the USMC.  I have many friends in the military and would say 3/4 of them love it, but 1/4 of them despise the fuck out of it.  I think I'll enjoy it, It's only 4 years and it's a dream I've wanted to accomplish for years.  I am working on my college degree though and am debating on whether or not after graduation to enlist or wait for an officer slot to open, the way it looks these days though, because of the troop draw down,that it may be in my best interest to enlist than go officerbest interest, lol, best interest would be to sit at a desk and rake in money, lol, money....

I want to be infantry, no other reason to join the USMC imo.  What scares you away from infantry? Someone's gotta do it.... Death before dishonor.

-PreparationH

Maybe someday we'll cross paths.





Apply for the ROTC. Or depending on how far you are in your college edumacation finish your year and enlist cause as I recall the Marine Corps gives you like 80,000 for college after you leave the military and (I think) they pay for the whole thing if you get a degree while you're on active service.


--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Joining the Military? [Re: Cj-B]
    #15341099 -

Cj-B said:
Well if you get a job as say...a combat engineer or heavy machinery operator or computer specialist that'll give you solid careers experience in civilian life.



Don't make me laugh.


--------------------
A weekend wasted is never a wasted weekend

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Joining the Military? [Re: virus1824]
    #15341100 -

virus1824 said:
Cj-B said:
Well if you get a job as say...a combat engineer or heavy machinery operator or computer specialist that'll give you solid careers experience in civilian life.



Don't make me laugh.



You don't like to laugh?


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Joining the Military? [Re: The_Ghost]
    #15341255 -

Anyone pursuing a military career for discounted education isn't joining for the right reason in my opinion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Joining the Military? [Re: The_Ghost]
    #15341263 -

When I get to finish a chemistry course i'll be joining the army right afterwards

My goal is to become a blue helmet

Edited by Beanhead (11/08/11 06:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Joined the Army
( 1 2 3 4 all )
DoorsFan 4,534 69 11/07/07 06:47 AM
by Psilobuds
* Should women be allowed in combat realated military jobs?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
yasi 19,128 228 12/06/08 08:50 AM
by Redstorm
* Tempted to enlist!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Larrythescaryrex 5,378 60 02/10/03 10:55 AM
by Adamist
* athiest soilder sues military. . .
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Lndrydusting 8,621 64 07/17/08 09:09 AM
by yadneb
* My Best Friend Is Joining the Marines IslandShroomer 1,070 18 01/08/08 12:54 AM
by Syle
* I'm joining the Navy?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
swm 7,344 79 02/19/05 03:18 PM
by lemon_lw
* My brother might go into the military
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 5,778 51 04/25/08 08:19 PM
by AScannerDarkly
* Military and drugs.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Mcdoopy 5,218 71 12/09/05 03:34 PM
by Mcdoopy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
460 topic views. 3 members, 16 guests and 191 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.