Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
It's easier to change your mind then it is to change the world - Mother Theresa
    #14648762 -

Truisms are an odd thing. What makes little sayings like the above quote true? What makes them sound true?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's easier to change your mind then it is to change the world - Mother Theresa [Re: xFrockx]
    #14650772 -

Why do you ask for information if you claim to not believe any of it is true?


--------------------
Live your Life! :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's easier to change your mind then it is to change the world - Mother Theresa [Re: 4896744]
    #14650804 -

I'm waiting to be proven wrong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's easier to change your mind then it is to change the world - Mother Theresa [Re: xFrockx]
    #14650829 -

xFrockx said:
I'm waiting to be proven wrong.



But you don't accept what most people view as evidence. How can you be proven wrong if you disregard evidence?


--------------------
Live your Life! :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's easier to change your mind then it is to change the world - Mother Theresa [Re: 4896744]
    #14651282 -

What kind of evidence are we talking here?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's easier to change your mind then it is to change the world - Mother Theresa [Re: xFrockx]
    #14651440 -

xFrockx said:
What kind of evidence are we talking here?



Empirical evidence.


--------------------
Live your Life! :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's easier to change your mind then it is to change the world - Mother Theresa [Re: 4896744]
    #14651573 -

Ok, now I am familiar with that term but what are you saying that is?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's easier to change your mind then it is to change the world - Mother Theresa [Re: xFrockx]
    #14651667 -

In what way are truisms odd?

In order to answer the questions in the OP, am I to believe that something makes little sayings like the above quote true? That, something makes them sound true? Does the saying above seem true to you?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's easier to change your mind then it is to change the world - Mother Theresa [Re: Mufungo] * 1
    #14651699 -

I think it is true because your mind is vastly smaller than the world, it is also closer to you and connected directly to you (or IS you) so any change of anything else in the world probably requires you to change your mind.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's easier to change your mind then it is to change the world - Mother Theresa [Re: Mufungo]
    #14652793 -

"Does the saying above seem true to you?"

I don't know what it means for something to sound true. For me the quote is just funny because I made it up and attributed it to mother theresa. I don't know if she would have ever said that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's easier to change your mind then it is to change the world - Mother Theresa [Re: xFrockx]
    #14652915 -

Quote:
It's easier to change your mind then than it is to change the world - Mother Theresa


:rolleyes:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's easier to change your mind then it is to change the world - Mother Theresa [Re: xFrockx]
    #14654200 -

xFrockx said:
"Does the saying above seem true to you?"

I don't know what it means for something to sound true. For me the quote is just funny because I made it up and attributed it to mother theresa. I don't know if she would have ever said that.




:popcorn:


--------------------
if you ever feel lost, just remember, life is not a journey, it is entertainment, all 4 fun...


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's easier to change your mind then it is to change the world - Mother Theresa [Re: xFrockx]
    #14654335 -

She was been quoted as saying this:

"I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples."
— Mother Teresa


--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: It's easier to change your mind then it is to change the world - Mother Theresa [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #14660319 -

(sic)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Mother Theresa... a different perspective. Psychoactive1984 1,094 15 05/01/05 10:14 PM
by eMotionALLmotion
* The Power of the Mind
( 1 2 all )
SkorpivoMusterion 5,606 35 09/30/03 07:55 AM
by Shroomism
* The Mind Body Connection
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Phluck 13,817 151 01/21/04 02:17 AM
by Anonymous
* Mind? Control Techniques
( 1 2 all )
Sclorch 3,666 26 04/30/02 03:17 PM
by Insomniac
* Why is negativity so much easier? (warning: long)
( 1 2 all )
Renegade8 1,879 22 02/04/04 09:14 PM
by Sole_Worthy
* Quieting the mind...
( 1 2 all )
emptyvessel 2,867 20 01/26/02 12:29 AM
by ArCh_TemPlaR
* It's all in the mind LearyfanS 665 6 03/30/02 09:10 AM
by In(di)go
* The Mosquito Mind
( 1 2 all )
Grav 2,850 36 09/27/02 11:16 PM
by NiamhNyx

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
388 topic views. 2 members, 3 guests and 50 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.