Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
I might be converting back to Christianity
    #14628004 -

A series of unexplainable events and self meditation have lead up to this possibility. It is just so hard for me to revert back to the psychedelic state. Leaving my trust with drugs that change your brain chemistry, I can't rule out the chances of the experience being my imagination controlling my beliefs. I feel the need to humble down and accept myself as a naive human who does not know any better but trying to make sense of the unknown through psychedelic drugs out of desperation to fill my curiosity.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I might be converting back to Christianity [Re: TheCreampie] * 1
    #14628019 -

So you were seeking the answers of life through drugs? That seems just as outrageous to me as finding answers through religion.

Just accept the fact that none of us know anything, and enjoy the time you've got :thumbup:


--------------------
Trippin? Click Me...... Me too!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I might be converting back to Christianity [Re: TheCreampie]
    #14628023 -

Hey bro, good for you! Hope you find what you are looking for.

Also, drug use isn't going to get you anywhere in life. It might make you feel good, but you sure as hell aint learning any secrets from using them.


--------------------

Edited by Newlord (06/17/11 12:58 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I might be converting back to Christianity [Re: TheCreampie]
    #14628036 -

So youre going to follow a religion that worships a dead guy on a cross.  Good luck bro.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I might be converting back to Christianity [Re: Anthony]
    #14628041 -

Anthony said:
So you were seeking the answers of life through drugs? That seems just as outrageous to me as finding answers through religion.

Just accept the fact that none of us know anything, and enjoy the time you've got :thumbup:



Yes at one point, it the same story for many psychonauts who use to drugs in order to achieve enlightenment since it is all so convincing. The whole idea of seeking true reality or a different perspective is what drives most psychedelic users to continue usage.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I might be converting back to Christianity [Re: Newlord]
    #14628049 -

Religion is for retards !  :mib:
Real men worship the Universe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I might be converting back to Christianity [Re: Vsnares.Zappa]
    #14628062 -

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_Shanon


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I might be converting back to Christianity [Re: TheCreampie] * 1
    #14628063 -

TheCreampie said:
Anthony said:
So you were seeking the answers of life through drugs? That seems just as outrageous to me as finding answers through religion.

Just accept the fact that none of us know anything, and enjoy the time you've got :thumbup:



Yes at one point, it the same story for many psychonauts who use to drugs in order to achieve enlightenment since it is all so convincing. The whole idea of seeking true reality or a different perspective is what drives most psychedelic users to continue usage.



I continue to use psychedelics because they're amazing. It's crazy to me how you can eat a few mushrooms and completely leave this reality.

Although, I take the trips at face value. I don't look for deeper meaning from my experience, because I know that I am on drugs.
I take them for fun. Sometimes mushrooms will make me face things in my life I otherwise would have ignored, and they can be constructive; but you aren't going to get any answers about life from them.

My advice is to take a break from psychedelics, but don't go seeking answers from religion. Religion provides answers, but they are bullshit. Instead, observe the world around you, take it in, appreciate it, love it, and accept the fact that you will NEVER KNOW ANYTHING!

I did, and my life has been an incredible ride since.


--------------------
Trippin? Click Me...... Me too!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I might be converting back to Christianity [Re: skatealex2]
    #14628072 -

skatealex2 said:
So youre going to follow a religion that worships a dead guy on a cross.  Good luck bro.



:Trollface:

its a lot more than that.. do you think people in bible study read more about this event physically or philosophically?


--------------------
★★★ ★

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I might be converting back to Christianity [Re: Anthony]
    #14628076 -

Anthony said:
Just accept the fact that none of us know anything, and enjoy the time you've got :thumbup:



But also, follow your heart. Believe in what you think is right.


--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I might be converting back to Christianity [Re: Legend]
    #14628083 -

christains and crack heads are :yinyang:



christains help soooo many people


--------------------
★★★ ★

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I might be converting back to Christianity [Re: the human abstract]
    #14628085 -

the human abstract said:
christains and crack heads are :yinyang:



christains help soooo many people



their intentions are good but their beliefs are whack

legit27 said:
Anthony said:
Just accept the fact that none of us know anything, and enjoy the time you've got :thumbup:



But also, follow your heart. Believe in what you think is right.



this :thumbup:


--------------------
Trippin? Click Me...... Me too!


Edited by Anthony (06/17/11 01:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I might be converting back to Christianity [Re: TheCreampie] * 1
    #14628091 -

Hey man, if your choice is from the heart Christ will welcome you back :hug:

To me they don't bite. God created psychedelics, the opportunity to take them, the session that unfolds and how that affects you. As much care goes into every aspect of that as in crafting the proton.


--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I might be converting back to Christianity [Re: the human abstract]
    #14628098 -

the human abstract said:
skatealex2 said:
So youre going to follow a religion that worships a dead guy on a cross.  Good luck bro.



:Trollface:

its a lot more than that.. do you think people in bible study read more about this event physically or philosophically?




I dont think they take it very phiolosophically. I mean i guess there are some really nice christians im not hating on them, but from what ive seen they seem to take it pretty much at face value.  Example: 'jesus christ is our savior' 'he died for our sins' 'all of jesus glory', all seem face value to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I might be converting back to Christianity [Re: Anthony]
    #14628454 -

Go be washed in the blood of the lamb.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I might be converting back to Christianity [Re: Humility]
    #14628493 -

Every time I hear that I get grossed out.



--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I might be converting back to Christianity [Re: skatealex2]
    #14628505 -

skatealex2 said:
I dont think they take it very phiolosophically. I mean i guess there are some really nice christians im not hating on them, but from what ive seen they seem to take it pretty much at face value.  Example: 'jesus christ is our savior' 'he died for our sins' 'all of jesus glory', all seem face value to me.



:facepalm:

no.. when i said "they" was people studying the bible first of all, not the C & E crowd (thats when you go to church on christmas and easter).

did you know a lot of "acid" heads talk about the trinity?

Most eras thought of Jesus through the esoteric tradition, not modern literalism

http://egodeath.com/JesusFigureEsotericOrigin.htm


--------------------
★★★ ★

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I might be converting back to Christianity [Re: Anthony]
    #14628522 -

Anthony said:
So you were seeking the answers of life through drugs? That seems just as outrageous to me as finding answers through religion.

Just accept the fact that none of us know anything, and enjoy the time you've got :thumbup:



Nailed it in the first post. :fonz:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I might be converting back to Christianity [Re: skatealex2]
    #14628524 -

skatealex2 said:
the human abstract said:
skatealex2 said:
So youre going to follow a religion that worships a dead guy on a cross.  Good luck bro.



:Trollface:

its a lot more than that.. do you think people in bible study read more about this event physically or philosophically?



I dont think they take it very phiolosophically. I mean i guess there are some really nice christians im not hating on them, but from what ive seen they seem to take it pretty much at face value.  Example: 'jesus christ is our savior' 'he died for our sins' 'all of jesus glory', all seem face value to me.



Philosophy and Christianity are not mutually exclusive.  The bible is a very weird and contradictory book.  If everybody took it at face value, they'd be stoning people to death for working on Sunday. 

The Bible has been reinterpreted again and again since it was written.  This is why we have so many different varieties of Christianity.  Look at Martin Luther or John Calvin for differing religious philosophies.  Hell, even the Catholics differ from the Orthodox on the nature of the godhead. 

There are many, many points of contention among different sects of Christianity and even within sects.  So, yes Virginia people in Bible class are likely better versed in Christian philosophy than the layman.






--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Edited by Senor_Doobie (06/17/11 02:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I might be converting back to Christianity [Re: TheCreampie]
    #14628526 -

TheCreampie said:
A series of unexplainable events and self meditation have lead up to this possibility. It is just so hard for me to revert back to the psychedelic state. Leaving my trust with drugs that change your brain chemistry, I can't rule out the chances of the experience being my imagination controlling my beliefs. I feel the need to humble down and accept myself as a naive human who does not know any better but trying to make sense of the unknown through psychedelic drugs out of desperation to fill my curiosity.



hey man good for you. really.

stay away from the donation plate though.:uptosomething:


--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* deleted *DELETED* *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
schoolOnCid 11,986 129 11/02/07 08:28 PM
by Majawala
* anyone been to a christian rock concert?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Jenny 14,532 115 10/04/06 12:39 AM
by Konnrade
* Christianity!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
ShroomismM 10,279 82 02/01/08 09:01 PM
by Atheist
* Great video for christians and other religious humans!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
RoosterCogburn 9,692 94 10/12/06 02:44 PM
by Psilocybeingzz
* there is nothing wrong with christianity...
( 1 2 all )
BrAiN 2,582 26 08/25/05 10:03 PM
by Skunk420
* I fucking despise Christianity
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
TheFakeSunRa 10,820 118 04/30/08 12:28 PM
by misterdogman
* not atheist not agnostic not nothin' but i HATE christianity
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
TheFakeSunRa 8,147 89 05/24/11 10:26 PM
by shroomer33
* Im starting to fall for electronica... headset 1,870 17 12/21/05 12:47 PM
by coda

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,267 topic views. 7 members, 14 guests and 109 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.